Mystic?

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the only advantage of Dragons breath is that it provides a focal point for squad and has 12 metre range .

Thats kinda like saying the only advantage my wife's **** have is their size and perkiness. b:pleased

You can muddle through with just about any combination of aoe skils, but for Delta there is no equivalent substitute for Dragon's Breath.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Archmage
    a wiz and a psy with equal base magic attack and weapon damg , lets say

5000 base magic attack , weapon attack 1500

Stone smasher :
    base mg attack ( 5000 ) + 400% weapon (4 x1500) + 10253 earth damge =21253

sage black woodo = 25 attack lvl

25% of 21253 =5313

so the damg becomes =26566

lvl 11 BIDS :

base mg attack ( 5000) + 500% weapon damg ( 5 x 1500) + 13955 water damg = 26455

Obviously i know what im talking about dunno about you

Ok this is ridiculous i didnt wanted to get to this point but this only proves u have not read the wizard skills corectly 1st of all as i already sayed black voodo makes u ever more squishy and second man read the lvl 100 wizard skill Manifest Virtue lol Increases base magical attack according to wizard maximum mana and with my wellspring qualf self buff i have over 15k mana XD
    edited November 2010
    Thats kinda like saying the only advantage my wife's **** have is their size and perkiness. b:pleased

You can muddle through with just about any combination of aoe skils, but for Delta there is no equivalent substitute for Dragon's Breath.

Also dont forget that DB takes only 1 spark and u can keep it running for undefinable time while spaming psy aoes would take tons of sparks and each cast would only hit enemys 1 time
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ok this is ridiculous i didnt wanted to get to this point but this only proves u have not read the wizard skills corectly 1st of all as i already sayed black voodo makes u ever more squishy and second man read the lvl 100 wizard skill Manifest Virtue lol Increases base magical attack according to wizard maximum mana and with my wellspring qualf self buff i have over 15k mana XD

Did you just hint that Manifest Virtue is good?

Have you done the math behind that skill?

IT. SUCKS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    as far as psy being squishy in black wodoo, that just plain BS every psy uses blackwoodo in pvp its a fact that the advantage of 22% extra damge outwiegh the 11% extra damg taken by tons
    as far as psy requiring sparks for aoes that plain wrong too ,

*Glacial shards

*sandburst blast

*aqua cannon

*Crystal Light

all three of these will deal more damg than a DB and are very spammable .
    on the other hand all the wizzy aoes except for will of the phoenix and hailstorm , require sparks and both of them are not spamable at all
    Im too lazy to research the forums but a psy had actually done a pretty detailed explanation of the amount of damg and ways the skills can be spammed to easily out damge DB
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These thread didn't discuss mystic anymore ? b:surrender
    What i seen on them is summoning (seem can more than 1 creature at once)
    Trap, since they summon dark plants as their power source or absorbed for something could also become trap.
    Skill to give auto revive buff (long cooldown), buff auto heal when attacked (seem work once), and power full buff that capable to absorb 4k damage then heal for 4,5k over 9 second.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited November 2010
    sowwy my bad , * slaps self * , kk much better back to topic now as far as i can conclude or more like speculate , mystics are going to be another class for magical dding , the difference is that they attack in the form of skills that look like animals or something like elemental beings of a particular element immune to that element mobs or another support class :o
    edited November 2010
    sowwy my bad , * slaps self * , kk much better back to topic now as far as i can conclude or more like speculate , mystics are going to be another class for magical dding , the difference is that they attack in the form of skills that look like animals or something like elemental beings of a particular element immune to that element mobs or another support class :o

Wait. Skills that look like animals?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited November 2010
    Did you just hint that Manifest Virtue is good?

Have you done the math behind that skill?

IT. SUCKS.

Do the math omg plz man dont come to me with FAIL useles calculations I mean if at least u were talking about your own experience but u are not even 100 >.>

Field reserch is always better than just hipotetical comments, also manifest virtue last bouble than demon/sage spark pluss it only requires 1 spark instead of wasting those odd 3 sparks in a row -.-
    edited November 2010
    as far as psy being squishy in black wodoo, that just plain BS every psy uses blackwoodo in pvp its a fact that the advantage of 22% extra damge outwiegh the 11% extra damg taken by tons
    as far as psy requiring sparks for aoes that plain wrong too ,

*Glacial shards

*sandburst blast

*aqua cannon

*Crystal Light

all three of these will deal more damg than a DB and are very spammable .
    on the other hand all the wizzy aoes except for will of the phoenix and hailstorm , require sparks and both of them are not spamable at all
    Im too lazy to research the forums but a psy had actually done a pretty detailed explanation of the amount of damg and ways the skills can be spammed to easily out damge DB

I i know is everytime I fight a psy and he uses black voodo he ends being 1 shoted, the black voodo animation is TOO VISIBLE so all i have to do is use instant sleep and Blate Tempest him then BOOM game over :P and u dont have plumeshell or stonebarrier to protect u u just have a skill that makes me hit 11% harder on u XD
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Do the math omg plz man dont come to me with FAIL useles calculations I mean if at least u were talking about your own experience but u are not even 100 >.>

Field reserch is always better than just hipotetical comments, also manifest virtue last bouble than demon/sage spark pluss it only requires 1 spark instead of wasting those odd 3 sparks in a row -.-

Alright fine, let's use your 15k mana pool for the example.
    Skill
    Manifest Virtue Level 1
    Mana 1000
    Channel 0.8 second
    Cast 1.0 second
    Cooldown 5 minutes
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Celestial Sage/Demon
    As the recent warring intensifies, the Wizards have managed to create a new method of
    temporarily enhancing their combat capabilities. This technique involves imbuing
    their weapons directly with Mana and Chi.
    Increases magic attack by (maximum mana/100)%. Lasts 30 seconds.

Requires one Spark.

Alright, so, using your 15k mana pool.

Manifest Virtue would increase your weapon's magic attack (yes it does not say weapon, but that's what it actually does) by (15000/100)%. So basically 150% for 30 seconds.

While the 30 seconds is nice. Let me show you single spark (yes, the lvl 29 spark).
    Skill
    Spark Burst Level 1
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    Costs 1 Spark.
    Gain 200% extra weapon damage for 10 seconds.
    Become invincible for 1 second.

Costs 1 Sparks

Single spark increases your weapon's magic attack by 200% for 15 seconds.

So... in conclusion, the only advantage Manifest virtue has is that is lasts 30 seconds instead of 15. But then it also takes 1000 mana and casts slower than single spark.

Lol... did you just compare it to sage/demon spark?

P.S. Oh yes, let's not forget how much Manifest Virtue costs to get compared to single spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    @Archmage , your prolly fighting 100% citrines **** fishes who think that just because ther 9x , they can kill anything , a good one would just use absolute domain or expel against BT and sleep has 2 minute cooldown , soul of retaliation absorbs part of incoming damge by 0.5% of soul force , a lvl 100 psy will have at easy a 15k soulforce so thats 7500 damg reduction for ya , if hes not slept or sealed hell just pop psy will or white voodo to resist the BT b:bye
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    @Archmage , your prolly fighting 100% citrines **** fishes who think that just because ther 9x , they can kill anything , a good one would just use absolute domain or expel against BT and sleep has 2 minute cooldown , soul of retaliation absorbs part of incoming damge by 0.5% of soul force , a lvl 100 psy will have at easy a 15k soulforce so thats 7500 damg reduction for ya , if hes not slept or sealed hell just pop psy will or white voodo to resist the BT b:bye

o_O, I think you meant to say 50% of soulforce, because .5% of 15k soulforce is 75. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Hello where the mystic part . . b:surrender
    It psychic VS wizard again . . b:shutup

Mystic doesn't using skill that using animal animation (duh ...) but they were summon a creature just like venomancer. But it said they can summon more than one. (to be sacrificed or also seem for skill consume)
    They resemble venomancer (but with trap, aoe ih heal, positive buff) than wizard or psychic so i guess that's it for mystic.

Now continue the psychic vs wizard thread. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironmaiden00
    ironmaiden00 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Now continue the psychic vs wizard thread. b:victory

no i think now it will change to veno vs. mystic in short time. pw is going maybe to replace classes. and maybe this is why they do this part with rainbow sqand. i cannot belive it. mystic will be a cheaper kinnd of veno coz the u dont have to buy stupid herc or nix to have a chance to find a squand. what a piece of ....

maybe we should open new thred like this:

BM vs seeker
    psy vs wiz
    veno vs mystic
    ea arcer vz sin (till sin uses bow otherwise ea cannot use daggers)

what purpose it have now to do veno if mystic will have maybe more aoe then veno. they will go with mystic to fc. and if mystic have also heal? idk. hope the price for herc will be reduced. or maybe they will have a mystic pet in cashshop for mystic now? what are they thinking? i will love to see cheeper herc for veno or maybe an other veno pet. oh btw they can implant maybe a new pet in the map that have better stats then herc, so then all galactical user can lvl the pet from the beginning. and other thing is that the skills ive sawn in the video of mystic are better looking and i guess more effective from the damage. so this will be a classwar in the future if they dont fix the skills of existing classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010

BM vs seeker
    psy vs wiz
    veno vs mystic

Psychic didn't replace the wiz. 5 aps did. b:surrender
    edited December 2010

BM vs seeker
    psy vs wiz
    veno vs mystic

What i find somehow funny is only wizard and venomancer that actually made thread about earthguard mystic class. b:surrender

I guess these had to do with how venomancer and wizard have hard time to find a squad. b:surrender (especially at higher lv)

For the seeker the prediction is a tank (barbarian) or aoe user (BM) but since their skill is fixed on sword type weapon ? (unknown not sure) Maybe there no 5 aps for them.

What they seem had in mine when creating earthguard them :
    Venomancer using de buff mainly and buff remover - Guess they had mystic as support class with buff mainly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    umm sowwy i accidently added the % sign to 0.5 in my post , now back to the point

No , venos will NEVAR EVER BE REPLACED CAUSE THEY MAKE GMS MONEY , any1 who thinks that mystics are gona replace them is a fool, mystics wont have herc or nix , the wont solo tts with just another cleric , and if the " pets " they summon are going to to be magic than they will experiance the same damg nerf which all classes do at [?] bosses except ofcourse for the veno pets , i doubt that they will hit as hard as the wizzies or the psy and might be a buffer class ,as far as seekers are concerned they might be meele half magical half physical dds who use magic attacks + phy attacks at close range , cause of the 2 handed swords i think that they will not be 5 aps
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mystics replacing us?

Only if they get a skill that allow them to afk duringRB and still kill mobs. Then yeah, i would hate them for that.

Nothing beats DB for lazy aoe killing. barrage needs to be restarted from time to time. With Db u can jut watch a movie while ur squad do the hard work.
    edited December 2010
    Mystics replacing us?

Only if they get a skill that allow them to afk duringRB and still kill mobs. Then yeah, i would hate them for that.

Nothing beats DB for lazy aoe killing. barrage needs to be restarted from time to time. With Db u can jut watch a movie while ur squad do the hard work.

Yeah and dont forget sage DB has 25% chance to stun XD

And BID will always be the crazyest aoe cos sage BID has 50% chance to increase crit rate by 30% MUAHAHA
  • auerne
    auerne Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    Mystics...Veno...Psychics...Clerics...

Hmm..It's taking 4 different classes to replace us..?

And I doubt it..It sounds more the mystics will be some type of summoning class which will replace veno..maybe tbh..I really don't know atm.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    12 meters (priceless) vs 8 meters (average)

undine strike vs black voodo.... 1) we're still standing tall with a 120-150% pdef modifier while you're a 1 bleed to any nix during all of this, mind you 2) you can't act like a mere 25 attack level bridges the gap between 100% weapon damage and 3000 skill damage in the description when weapon advantage always goes to a wizard. thats the first flaw in all your wishful thinking tests because you can't start them from the same place. 3) attack level is also easily negated end-game because of the plethora of ways of getting defense-level on the classes you should be targetting. necklace, belt, rings, nirvana gear, eventually rank9...blessings (even without the anniversary, but come on you know they'll eventually bring another. or one similar to it).... and once people catch on in the future you'll see a lot more jade of steady defense sharding. undine is invaluable because its affecting someones first line of defense.. attack level can be butt****ed by backdoor sharding and just natural gear, don't you get it?

50% chance to +30% crit vs -attack speed (lol?)

won't even mention blade tempest as its something most psychics conveniently ignore. physical damage is something they'll never dish out, only receive b:kiss.

@ op, if you concede the fact TW eventually becomes the only fun thing you look forward to end game, NOTHING will ever substitute a wizard. seeker is more like a hybrid cleric/veno
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    auerne wrote: »
    Mystics...Veno...Psychics...Clerics...

Hmm..It's taking 4 different classes to replace us..?

And I doubt it..It sounds more the mystics will be some type of summoning class which will replace veno..maybe tbh..I really don't know atm.

I dont think they will replace any other class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I hope mystics get a Rez so the clerics have something to QQ aboutb:laugh
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Archmage, lvl 11 BIDS will deal slightly less damg than a psy using stone smasher , lvl 100 psy skill, with a sage blackwoodo .

its been calculated that a psy can deal more damg than a wiz using Dragons breath , by spamming ther gazzilion aoes over and over again ,the only advantage of Dragons breath is that it provides a focal point for squad and has 12 metre range .

Undine Strike kthxbai b:pleased
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010

they have a buff that autorevives you...b:bye

clerics will love this...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Firenzeball - Heavens Tear
    Firenzeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    12 meters (priceless) vs 8 meters (average)

undine strike vs black voodo.... 1) we're still standing tall with a 120-150% pdef modifier while you're a 1 bleed to any nix during all of this, mind you 2) you can't act like a mere 25 attack level bridges the gap between 100% weapon damage and 3000 skill damage in the description when weapon advantage always goes to a wizard. thats the first flaw in all your wishful thinking tests because you can't start them from the same place. 3) attack level is also easily negated end-game because of the plethora of ways of getting defense-level on the classes you should be targetting. necklace, belt, rings, nirvana gear, eventually rank9...blessings (even without the anniversary, but come on you know they'll eventually bring another. or one similar to it).... and once people catch on in the future you'll see a lot more jade of steady defense sharding. undine is invaluable because its affecting someones first line of defense.. attack level can be butt****ed by backdoor sharding and just natural gear, don't you get it?

50% chance to +30% crit vs -attack speed (lol?)

won't even mention blade tempest as its something most psychics conveniently ignore. physical damage is something they'll never dish out, only receive b:kiss.

@ op, if you concede the fact TW eventually becomes the only fun thing you look forward to end game, NOTHING will ever substitute a wizard. seeker is more like a hybrid cleric/veno

+1 b:laugh
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010

looks like you got your wish, read on the general discussion forums about the single target auto rezz buff they can put on themselves or the cleric.
    BUT, They have NO AOE heals, NO BB, No HR, No sleep, no silence, no Wings of Protection and the heal they have is not a Heal Over Time like Iron Heart Blessing. it's an insty cast heal that is basically a blessing of the purehearted with the same channel,cast and cooldown as IHB. At best a mystic can Off-heal to help with aoe damage from bosses and bishops(gawd I h8 those things) while their pet is dpsing alongside the maintank.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My guess, for mystics, is that their pets will not die when they die. Their pets are already temporary with a short lifespan and they have a "revive yourself" skill, so I think that this would make sense. And the seekers apparently have short term weapon buffs -- buffs which are cast on an individual weapon instead of on a person I think that these will probably survive death and if so will probably also survive purges.

If I am right, their presence will totally change gameplay, especially in the context of the new competition (2 guilds vs 2 guilds) that I think will be giving new, temporary "ubergear"...
  • hugoredbone
    hugoredbone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    they have a buff that autorevives you...b:bye

clerics will love this...

Yeah it means that when they die in a group with a mystic they can still regain some exp and not have to scroll or run back.

I've looked over mystic heals, they are not going to replace the cleric anytime soon.
This discussion has been closed.