What happened?

ichigo4zen
ichigo4zen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
I use to be a barb and tbh im not sure if I even want to go back, what happened to barbs? We use to be so wanted but now there are claw barbs and its just like wtf. And you know ppl complain about barbs keeping agro but I think that the game developers should upgrade barbs. Flesh ream would be nice if it could hold agro longer and we are expected to tank when flesh consumes chi, beastial rage is nice I guess but boooo. Someone give me their opinion about barbs now because to me I feel like it be all down hill from here.
Post edited by ichigo4zen on

Comments

• OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you love playing barb you'll play it no matter what...playing it because they're wanted is the wrong idea.

*shrugs*
  • X_Castillo_X - Raging Tide
    X_Castillo_X - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I use to be a barb and tbh im not sure if I even want to go back, what happened to barbs?

Too many said buh bye to their barb and transformed into a magical fishie -cough sins cough- annnd some barbs though it would be cool to roam around with a pair of claws and going 5.0 aps b:shocked har har har!

We use to be so wanted but now there are claw barbs and its just like wtf.

More like...OMFGWTFH ISH THAT FURRY THING WITH LE CLAWZ, AHHHH!!!>.>;

And you know ppl complain about barbs keeping agro

Look, if you're sitting there, spamming your butt off with FR, Alpha Male, THE WORKS...and some idiot STILL takes aggro...get in stand up form, look pretty and DD until they're dead >_> it's their fault for wanting to be the "omfg I took aggro from a barb" person lol.

but I think that the game developers should upgrade barbs.

Cheers mate b:victory -They should add more options on how much you can change the look of a barb lol...juust saying XD-

Flesh ream would be nice if it could hold agro longer and we are expected to tank when flesh consumes chi, beastial rage is nice I guess but boooo.

Yeh, true true =\

Someone give me their opinion about barbs now because to me I feel like it be all down hill from here.

TBH Barbs are still needed for high end instances like TT and such. You still see people going insane, wc'n for a barb either for bh or mostly FC. Also, they totally rock near end-game; with the right gear and such. So I say, keep your barbie. Or at least keep it as a spare alt. b:thanks
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Barb4Life

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It is true that in the "age of APS" alot of us barbs are maybe having what equates to a mid-life crisis.

Sage or Demon? Claws or Axes? Nirvana or Rank gear?

All these questions mean nothing.

Play your barb to its fullest ability and you will never have a problem. Like everyone else, Fuzzy too feels the sting of aps, but so what? The panda might not be the tank when me run Nirvana with his OP friends, but you better believe me could still spend 26hrs a day tanking EVERY instance in the game for Fuzzy's faction.

It is a misnomer that barbs aren't needed for end-game instances. R8 is very obtainable, 5 APS is possible, but what percentage of any give server do you honestly think has it?

Look to your friends and your faction and there is nothing that replaces a true barbarian that has mastered their class.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Sage or Demon? Claws or Axes?

How about Demon and both! b:mischievous
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Look to your friends and your faction and there is nothing that replaces a true barbarian that has mastered their class.

In all seriousness though, I totally agree with this statement. I have recently taken the plunge into being a claw barb myself (I love it by the way), but my friends wouldn't think much of me if I wasn't good at the classic barb stuff (big pulls, cancelling, protecting the squishies, ninja arma b:chuckle, etc.) I very much consider myself a barb first and a part-time claw user second. b:victory
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I say they make flesh ream hit for 100k, non crit, non zerk on [?] mobs with a g10 unrefined weapon and give it the same bleed damage in pvp as nix.

There we go, job done keep aggro off that... stupit fish. b:chuckle
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Devil_Keyz - Heavens Tear
    Devil_Keyz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LOL one thing that's i can never get is how OTHER players try to tell other people how to play this game - you should play this game to have FUN - If u like claws, and are a barb - go ahead, If u wanna tank barb - go ahead, But yall need to stop whining like little kids " aww i hate this APS age raraerara " let people make there OWN decisions and worry about yourself bra.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well, a fist bm in the lower instances I remembered assuming I would steal aggro and end up tanking, which didn't bother me, but I wanted a fish for their paint. Even if they did no damage, I wanted their blood paint.

Get more end game it tends to be the sins that rip aggro first and the BM's are HFing them, what do they need to stay alive? Beast Kings Inspiration.

Alot of things barbs do actually help sins and bm's steal aggro, like Titans. If they already out DD us, increasing their damage further just widens that gap. When you try to make the boss die faster with devour you are using up your chi and helping their damage ouput.

So barbs do tend to lose their place as the tank end game, but they make it much easier for another class to tank. A high level Sin with 4500hp and wants to tank becomes a sin with 6000. They get ~ 30% more hp back from blood paint from your titans, and quite a bit more if you are devouring and keeping the bosses defense cut in half.

Barbs can become replaced as tanks, but their skills help keep the tank alive even if it's not them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ichigo4zen
    ichigo4zen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LOL one thing that's i can never get is how OTHER players try to tell other people how to play this game - you should play this game to have FUN - If u like claws, and are a barb - go ahead, If u wanna tank barb - go ahead, But yall need to stop whining like little kids " aww i hate this APS age raraerara " let people make there OWN decisions and worry about yourself bra.

Im not telling other barbs how to play their barbs, what are you talking about? :o
    And I said nothing about hating the aps era "bra" I thinks the whole aps thing is cool.
    Im just saying, I think that barbs deseve something new, like bonus gear that gives them like +4k hp hehe.

So I hope you read what I said right, because no one is whining here. :o
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How about Demon and both! b:mischievous

^This

Barbs stop complaining about not being wanted and start to do something! Like it or not, any end game melee class you should get as much aps.

I have a clawbarian, but I played my barb as the classic full vitality tank too. After playing both builds I have to say the clawbarian has a lot of benefits vs the classic tank. Obiously, bosses die faster. Those bosses with random agro will never actually hit anyone else but you because you hit so fast that even if you lose agro, you get it back in a milisecond. The only advantage classic barbs have is their hp... but do you really need more than 15k hp to tank anything? I don't, unless I wanted to tank harpy wraith xD
  • Devil_Keyz - Heavens Tear
    Devil_Keyz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ichigo4zen wrote: »
    Im not telling other barbs how to play their barbs, what are you talking about? :o
    And I said nothing about hating the aps era "bra" I thinks the whole aps thing is cool.
    Im just saying, I think that barbs deseve something new, like bonus gear that gives them like +4k hp hehe.

So I hope you read what I said right, because no one is whining here. :o

I never ment u other people that seem to always do it so i was stating it
  • _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver
    _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    even if barbs arent always wanted/needed as the tank, as long u always got your hp buff most sqauds will still want you :P
    Marshal of the Lvl 3 Faction SubZero on DW server, pm me in game!!!b:victory