Opening Chip Packs Faster

macehelix
macehelix Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Is there some way to open chip packs faster than clicking each one individually?

This is insane to get rank 9 you need to open over 21,000 packs!!!! It will take forever!!!
Post edited by macehelix on

Comments

• Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    130,000 packs is more accurate. =P

It's the only way. Have fun.
  • macehelix
    edited December 2010
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! It's totally insane! b:angry
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Not really, a faster way would be nice, but you're getting good gear.

Oh, and you can get others to help and trade you items. With 5 friends you can get all 210 in less than a day.
  • mushistar
    mushistar Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Auto clicker?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    most ppl use a macro.

its simply stupid sit stoning and click pack after pack. its damaging ur hand holding mouse and click same position over and over.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • macehelix
    edited December 2010
    But you can't have others open them for you they are not tradeable!
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yes see it was all a trick, those ppl who buy rank nine are gonna have carpel tunnel and wont be able to play now :P
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    macehelix wrote: »
    But you can't have others open them for you they are not tradeable!

They are tradeable. Try it.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They are tradeable. Try it.

Yup. Trade the chip packs, have them open and turn into the tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • psicho69
    psicho69 Posts: 142
    edited December 2010
    macehelix wrote: »
    Is there some way to open chip packs faster than clicking each one individually?

This is insane to get rank 9 you need to open over 21,000 packs!!!! It will take forever!!!

lol the insane part is you can buy rank 9 now....and ppl still complain its to hard.....so yea stop complaining and don't be lazy
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    psicho69 wrote: »
    lol the insane part is you can buy rank 9 now....and ppl still complain its to hard.....so yea stop complaining and don't be lazy

+1 Lol, It's already easy enough that you can buy from cash shop, if anything they should make opening a little slower to make up for it being so easy. b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • macehelix
    edited December 2010
    Oh yes the packs are tradeable, and the tokens are tradeable ! ok so multiple opening! good ideas guys!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    another wonderful PWI fail.

the mysterious merchant in 1k can open 100 chip packs at a time.
    but only the 10 chip packs, not 15.

opening chip packs for hours on end give you time to reflect on your life and what you are currently doing with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    opening chip packs for hours on end give you time to reflect on your life and what you are currently doing with it.

Lol'd.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Doesn't Mysterious Merchant open like a bunch at once or something?
  • macehelix
    edited December 2010
    On further reflection .....I'm quitting the game!!!!!!!! Gasp! hehe

LOL I don't really play night and day so spending hours opening packs is very unappealing, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    most ppl use a macro.

I rather doubt that.

In game macros do not let you open items, last I checked. And, elementclient.exe ignores legitimate macro programs like autohotkey. To get this to work, I think you either need macro capability in your keyboard (which would be legitimate but most people do not have those kinds of keyboards) or you would need to use a cheat (which sets you up for getting banned).

So..."most people"? I do not think so...
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yo broski! i heard you having trouble opening packs? give them all to me and ill help u open them within a day. and its your lucky day as i will do it for free!

and dont worry, i am reliable. i wont steal your **** broski.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol... QQmore?
    now you can get rank without doing anything.. and ppl still QQ o.o

yeh I know a way I gues in which u don't have to keep clicking... but well...
    I don't think I feel like sharing ^^ work for your gear >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I rather doubt that.

In game macros do not let you open items, last I checked. And, elementclient.exe ignores legitimate macro programs like autohotkey. To get this to work, I think you either need macro capability in your keyboard (which would be legitimate but most people do not have those kinds of keyboards) or you would need to use a cheat (which sets you up for getting banned).

So..."most people"? I do not think so...

not ingame macro ofc. i know it cant. and yes most on dreamweaver use. all R9 in my faction uses this. not afk, but puts a macro and waches instead of clicking mouse like some monkey addict who likes clicking the mouse 21,3k times for ring or 56/57k times for wep.. lol.

its me a wonder they didnt add open chip packs like with 10's at 1k. it's so fail.
    not many stupid enough to sit and click manually so many thousand times when it takes 3-5 seconds for the freakign chip pack to proceed quest and take new.
    was open chip pack atleast instant it wouldnt be too bad.

oh and btw autohotkey does work with elementclient. friend using this, atleast he said so on fac forum.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, well....

You can use autohotkey to generate key events, but elementclient ignores those, for every variation on that theme which I have tried (and in the context of every google search result I have found).

You can also use it to modify memory of an running process, and to call arbitrary routines in a running process. But I am not going to try going that route, myself...
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Or you can give the packs to a friend and pay him. For example a friend of mine gave me packs and I was opening them like crazy ( yea I do clicked like 800 times x.x ) until I had enough chips to get that General's token and trade it back to him. At least I got payed.
    Btw, my finger still hurts when I remember of that >.>
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, well....

You can use autohotkey to generate key events, but elementclient ignores those, for every variation on that theme which I have tried (and in the context of every google search result I have found).

You can also use it to modify memory of an running process, and to call arbitrary routines in a running process. But I am not going to try going that route, myself...

I never had any problems with autohotkey. I got a script that uses a popup where you define how many clicks you want and then does those and stops. I play in a window mode btw.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You could just buy up all the packs you need before going to bed, then setting a hotkey for the pack and putting a weight on it. By the time you wake up you should be well into five figures as to how many chips you have. I'm sure they could have made opening it a lot easier, but it isn't like you have to sit there clicking one at a time for hours and hours like a dingbat.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You could just buy up all the packs you need before going to bed, then setting a hotkey for the pack and putting a weight on it. By the time you wake up you should be well into five figures as to how many chips you have. I'm sure they could have made opening it a lot easier, but it isn't like you have to sit there clicking one at a time for hours and hours like a dingbat.
    I tried that when making one of the tokens for a guildie.

Wont work, you'll set it up and wake up the next morning and see nothing but a spam of "Mission already taken" or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010

Wont work, you'll set it up and wake up the next morning and see nothing but a spam of "Mission already taken" or something like that.

Tip: move the window so you'll press both the packs and the "mission already taken" thing.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I opened countless packs doing it this way, despite the msg popup -- I'd go mess around on one of my laptops while my desktop was busy with a weight on it. Of course, because I still had to click every one of those popups when I was done, that meant I had to ctrl+alt+delete and kill the element client process then relog. It still beats the **** out of clicking.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Put a stack of chip packs on a hotkey bar. Have a keyboard macro that endlessly alternates that hotkey and the 'y' key (in case you get that mission already taken popup).

You can run this in a virtual machine if you don't want it to hog your keyboard / mouse while you use your computer. Hell do this in a few virtual machines at once to open them faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    You can run this in a virtual machine if you don't want it to hog your keyboard / mouse while you use your computer. Hell do this in a few virtual machines at once to open them faster.

Multiclienting is not allowed, otherwise it would be perfect.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if you put the chip packs in an f1-f8 hotkey it will keep opening despite a million mission already taken messages
    if you use a number hotkey 1-9 it will not continue after the 1st pop-up.
    b:bye