What's the difference between now and then?

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    "teh truth" is you're not very bright. you make a choice to play a mmo. if you have any real history of playing mmos, you understand changes are made. and instead of massive QQing; you A) adjust to the game B) quit the game

all the bellyaching = stupid
    why im not allowed to complain? plz explain.

"
    And IRL do you see anyone QQing when they buy a computer and then a month later newer hardware comes out?
    saw that fail argument somewhere before..

not to mention it dont really suits this situation, but i try hard and cant remind any company cutting price by 90% over one night, and keeping it in secret

everyone and their mothers know that computer price is regulary droping after premiere.

lets stay with stupid examples and say that nirvana g15 weapon is like new model of a car. Now lets imagine that manufacturer, w/o letting anyone know, permamently change car prices by 90% over one night. Keep in mind that those are new models (just like nirvana and r9 is).

Now tell me if customer who bought car (worth 100k yesterday and 10k today, so he wont be able to resell for more than 10k for) will:

a) suck it up and buy 2nd car somewhere else

b) rage and hang car dealer on closest street lantern
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Para, you're just arguing with a troll. Read the first post in the thread. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited December 2010
    i got trolled? D=
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

edited December 2010
    i got trolled? D=

Yeah, pretty badly. b:chuckle
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I keep saying that Lutirica and Yulk are becoming contagious, but nobody is listening....b:sad

Good thing there's this vaccine called "common sense" or we'd be screwed.
    edited December 2010
    I keep saying that Lutirica and Yulk are becoming contagious, but nobody is listening....b:sad

Good thing there's this vaccine called "common sense" or we'd be screwed.

Perfect World Forums pretty much proves my theory that this thing called Common Sense is lacking in a higher percentage of people than in real life.
    edited December 2010

i was trying to troll cpt. obvious into this topic, and i got trolled myself.

that's a shame =S

edited December 2010
    i was trying to troll cpt. obvious into this topic, and i got trolled myself.

that's a shame =S

Ah, nothing to worry about. You can always get trolled when you're trolling.
  • \_Nicole_/ - Dreamweaver
    \_Nicole_/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I know more like you, its cool etc. but you miss one point. The gold you have bought with in-game coins. If there wasn't the guy who charged zen for you, you wouldn't have it. At least not rank 8 I bet. This fact makes non-cashshopers kind of cashshopers.
    This is not critics, I just wanted to add some more QQ.
    ::rage rage rage rage rage rage::

In no way does that make me a cashshopper of any sorts. That's part of the game. I earned the coin I had to buy the gold. And lets not forget that there are little kitty shops that sell the rep badges outside of the botique.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No offense but you would talk differently if you had sold all your raps, uncannies and a scroll of tome to get r8 (I did).

I think the people that did work hard for R8, and grinded it out, really do have a reason to be angry.

But at the same time, many that badly wanted R8 now have this opportunity and are defensive because many are selling all that they have to be able to buy the mats needed.

Really - best we do not turn against each other and just try to roll with the punches.

For the Rank 8's that worked hard for it, because you did show us what is possible, is it any wonder we want to go the same path you did? This opportunity is here, before us and ok, not all can but the ones who can - are.

I honestly am caught between feeling sad for one group but happy for the other..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    no but do tell me HOW a barb can stay compatible vs INt players (cashshoppers) or farmer without rank9 gear.
    NO vsadly with PVP having so many cashshopper and farmer going INT r9 is the only way for a barb 2 still we ale 2 defend in pk so whether u like it or not r9 is actually a good thing
    if it help ME we able 2 pk rpkers who do nothing but stun and demon spark and auto attack cos that is such a pro MOVE rightb:bye

Do u even know how much a rank8 armaggedon barb can hit????Go away boyb:bye
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    Zoroaster - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Do u even know how much a rank8 armaggedon barb can hit????Go away boyb:bye

noob what has r8 to do with armageddon dmg ? go away b:bye
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. b:laugh
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    I think the people that did work hard for R8, and grinded it out, really do have a reason to be angry.

But at the same time, many that badly wanted R8 now have this opportunity and are defensive because many are selling all that they have to be able to buy the mats needed.

Really - best we do not turn against each other and just try to roll with the punches.

For the Rank 8's that worked hard for it, because you did show us what is possible, is it any wonder we want to go the same path you did? This opportunity is here, before us and ok, not all can but the ones who can - are.

I honestly am caught between feeling sad for one group but happy for the other..

Nia, have I mentioned lately how much I love you? +100, and quoted for truth.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    While some people who have worked their way to get R8 might feel angry, I really do not see the reason behind it.

Irrespective of how others achieved it, the fact still remains that they did it without buying it or buying it in a sale which in itself is an achievement.

People seem too concerned about how others achieve things rather than how they did it.

We do not play for others, we play for our own entertainment.

If you see like this, I should be suggesting PWE to remove the crafting boxes which let you learn manufacturing skills with a click of a finger as opposed to the numerous hourse of mat grinding I put in to get lvl7 of all manufacturing skills when I hit 90. I intend to do the same for lvl8 as well.

The truth of it is, PWE has always been making difficult things easier as time goes on. So it should come as no surprise when reputation (and hence rank) is made easier to attain.

Who knows...perhaps tomorrow they will make Nirvana items easy to get.

@_Spot_
    Probably slightly lower than a barb with nirvana 2nd cast weapon. Fact armageddon hurts no matter what.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    noob what has r8 to do with armageddon dmg ? go away b:bye

owned so hard
    gg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am a lvl 100 archer, never spent a dime on this game. However, I now have rank 8, lunar cape with 4 vit shards, warsoul helm, and a pan gu tome. It still can be done without being a cashshopper.

Yeah but I am curious as to how much time you spend on the game. Not everyone can spend 8-10 hours a day playing a video game. This game should be able to appeal to all who play, even those who can only play a few hours a day or even less. Yes it should take longer to attain goals if you don't play as much or aren't a cash shopper. But there has to be a point where its said this is a game, it is supposed to be fun, entertaining and enjoyable. (all of which it is for me, cause I really don't care to keep up with the Jones') However; I do find myself frustrated that I can not attain some of the stuff I'd like to because I do not cash shop and I don't spend 10 hours a day on here playing. If I have 2 hours to play a day, I'd like to spend at least half that time playing; if you have to spend the all of it merchanting to be able to buy gears/pots/charms/repairs etc... well.. what is the point in playing?

I quit buying charms when I hit 100, my assassin is lvl 85 and I've never put a charm on her. Not worth the expense anymore. I have gained a bit of money since I quit using them but I also die more often. I'm a moderate cash shopper, I spend maybe 10-20$ a month if that. I am a lvl 101 archer and I only dream of the gears you have, so kudos to you; I don't know how you did it without a credit card. But my guess would be you spend way more time on this game then a lot of others do.?

For the record, I'm ecstatic for those who have obtained higher ranks and gears. Honestly, I'm happy for them. I'd just like to join that group eventually while I play this game. This month marked 2 years I've played (not my first char)... how long does it take before you start making the big bucks? The economy has crapped out, in real life when that happens adjustments are made. Minimum wage goes up etc... at lvl 101 I've picked up 3 coins grinding. Yep.. 3.. On a lvl 104 mob. Its sometimes pathetic!
  • \_Nicole_/ - Dreamweaver
    \_Nicole_/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    OneHottShot- I only spend a few hours a day on this game. I do not nolife it or anything like that. In all honestly, it isn't hard to make money in game. You just have to figure out what you're good at. My goal in this game sense I started playing was to show people that you can look like the top rated players without spending money. Although I am a long way off from everything +10, I would say I'm heading in the right direction. My post was never to showoff or anything like that. It was to shut up all the people who assume that everyone that has "good gear" MUST be a cashshopper.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First of all gear in this game is not like an IRL product. You get a car to use for as long as it runs, you're not getting it in direct competition with anyone else (at least I hope not). You know the current model that you have will decrease in value, but it's OK because you bought this car to transport yourself. You bought this car hoping to use it for a long time. If you wanted a cheaper car, you would've bought the previous model.

Gear is different. You get it to directly compete against others. People always strive for the top gear, their "endgame" gear. That's why it's a lot worse for you when everyone can get the gear you had without putting in the money/effort you've spent.

Everyone should read this post again. It is important for everyone to be able to understand each other. After all, no matter how this game has affected us, we're all part of the PWI community. For one who has benefited from the sale to not grasp or sympathize with one who has suffered, that is truly a shame.

Sure the people who complain will eventually get over it or leave the game, but let them complain. They have every right to.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited December 2010
    First of all gear in this game is not like an IRL product. You get a car to use for as long as it runs, you're not getting it in direct competition with anyone else (at least I hope not). You know the current model that you have will decrease in value, but it's OK because you bought this car to transport yourself. You bought this car hoping to use it for a long time. If you wanted a cheaper car, you would've bought the previous model.

unless you buy a car to compete with others.. (beside family vans, there are sport and luxury cars)

anyway, every product have some value, regardless of reasons you bought it for

• Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am one of the persons in favor of the changes that have been made and anyone who may have read any of my post would know that.

With that said I do notice one area where the rank sale has had a negative effect. One of the elements of PWI that I like is that its design encourages higher level players to help out lower level players but without being able to power level them outright. Sadly since the rank sale the FB help chats have dissapeared. This was a great way for many low level players to get help doiing their fbs and though there are other ways to do so I found it was very convenient.

I would like to suggest perhaps a different incentive to bring fb help chat back and that is to introduce a points reward system for the number of times you help lower level players do their fb. I figure it may not be easy to implement but it would be a nice feature. The prizes would also be good such as perhaps stones for equipment.
    edited December 2010
    I am one of the persons in favor of the changes that have been made and anyone who may have read any of my post would know that.

[rage]
    those changes dont benefit anyone. this is just gear switch done very rougly

y lowbies dont get it?
    [/rage]

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can see several models for high level players helping lower level players:

First, friends will help friends, and friendly people will help when they can... and a helpful guild will always be nice.

Second, almost all FBs (except FB19) correspond to bounty hunts, and it should be easy to get in on a bounty hunt run if you have tabs.
    edited December 2010

Yes, we know you're horribly undergeared and don't want to take the time or effort to farm and refine good gears, so punish those who do... yadda yadda...

I would like to suggest perhaps a different incentive to bring fb help chat back and that is to introduce a points reward system for the number of times you help lower level players do their fb. I figure it may not be easy to implement but it would be a nice feature. The prizes would also be good such as perhaps stones for equipment.

There already is a system in place. A person who needs their FB done gets Call to Duty tabs which in turn give the people that help them rep and exp. lol

Yes, they should give out stones for helping people. You do know that stones = G12 in PWI?

You: "I did 100 fb19's... where's my vit stone?"
    PWI: "umm.... about that... b:avoid"
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can see several models for high level players helping lower level players:

First, friends will help friends, and friendly people will help when they can... and a helpful guild will always be nice.

Second, almost all FBs (except FB19) correspond to bounty hunts, and it should be easy to get in on a bounty hunt run if you have tabs.

Very incorrect on the FB/BH. Good luck finding BH29, at least on Sanctuary. I idled by the headhunter for 3 hours and watched local chat while some n00b spammed for that entire period of time asking for BH29.

I've also asked for help with it in faction, in fact, in the 2 factions I currently belong to which are large, and my previous faction, all level 3, and 99% of the time got ignored.

The only way I've EVER done BH29 was with friends. Know some people.

BH's are becoming a cesspool of stupidity and a way to gain levels without learning how to play your character.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Blah

Try Secret Passage's entrance. I always get a party there for bh29.

The only real trouble with bh though is finding a cleric/tank, especially one that's competent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I go to secret passage as well. Usually I find bored QQme members there.

Difference between now and then.

Now a normal american game.
    Then it was a Korean grind fest.

Which you grind with yourself or a party to very high levels while only obtaining very small amount of exp. (which imo would be fun to play. Only game that could be compared to this is prolly FFII in FFI&II: Dawn of Souls.)
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Aelo - Harshlands
    Aelo - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, we know you're horribly undergeared and don't want to take the time or effort to farm and refine good gears, so punish those who do... yadda yadda...

1) I am not horribly undergeared.
    2) I do put time and effort into what I do
    3) How were you punished? did you lose anything, was your 5aps nerfed?

There already is a system in place. A person who needs their FB done gets Call to Duty tabs which in turn give the people that help them rep and exp. lol

If you read what I posted carefully you would have realised that many of the people who used to help do FBs on harshlands have stopped. Reason being that now that they can buy rep they don't need to help with FBs as a way to build up there rep. Finding help is not as instantaneous as you make it seem. Therefore I was suggesting a system outside of gaining rep that would encourage higher level player to help lower level ones.

The idea is based on one from another mmo I played and I thought it might be a novel idea but once again you are so eager to make fun of my comment that you missed my point.

Yes, they should give out stones for helping people. You do know that stones = G12 in PWI?

PWI: "umm.... about that... b:avoid"

Thanks for picking apart an observation. You have an obvious talent.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Try Secret Passage's entrance. I always get a party there for bh29.

The only real trouble with bh though is finding a cleric/tank, especially one that's competent.

o.O You're joking, right? I've gone and stood in the entrance to SP for 4-6 hours and not seen a single request for BH29 or anyone willing to help with it.

I'm not doing this at 3 am server time, I'm doing this from like 11 am to 4 pm server time on a busy day.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lol just grab some friends who also happen to have alts. A friend and I took turns taking our alts to BH29.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010

1) I am not horribly undergeared.
    2) I do put time and effort into what I do
    3) How were you punished? did you lose anything, was your 5aps nerfed?

1) That's because you bought all your gear.
    2) I believe that about as far as I can throw you.
    3) The majority of the playerbase was punished, as usual. Not that you noticed.

If you read what I posted carefully you would have realised that many of the people who used to help do FBs on harshlands have stopped. Reason being that now that they can buy rep they don't need to help with FBs as a way to build up there rep. Finding help is not as instantaneous as you make it seem. Therefore I was suggesting a system outside of gaining rep that would encourage higher level player to help lower level ones.

The idea is based on one from another mmo I played and I thought it might be a novel idea but once again you are so eager to make fun of my comment that you missed my point.

Oh god, whatever did people do before there were Rank badges on sale for 5 gold?!
    .....Oh, I remember, they did One Man Army quests, and helped people with FB's, that's right. Silly me....That actually requires work.

PWI: "umm.... about that... "

[/facepalm]
    I wonder sometimes if there's any viable signs of common sense anymore in the world...