pyroshell?

Options
TimeTwister - Harshlands
TimeTwister - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Wizard
i was wondering, is pyroshell ever useful? i mean the hp regen is useless and the fire resist is like even more useless so is it ever used in pve/pvp?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TimeTwister - Harshlands on

Comments

• GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rarely ever used.
    Only place i ever used it for pve is warsong fire, even then its helpfulness is questionable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've used it before doing 3-x solo mode for the 3-minute boss (no time limit on him in solo mode ofc, but he hits harder/uses fire magic at range).

Other than that, i rarely use it.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've only used it for pve, mainly bosses like wurlord, warsong fire, and fb 79 (lol haven't done that in ages). I've been considering using pyroshell if I was 1v1'ing a mage with genie spark and just making sure to use a pdef charm so that stray BT wouldn't hurt, but haven't had an opportunity to test this idea yet.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I use sage Pyroshell when fighting that one boss in Abaddon.

Too many times have I been in a squad where the bm thinks he can tank it, runs in, dies, cleric folllows, archers/sins get caught in the aoe and dies, and Im stuck kiting/taking hits just so it doesn't reset.

Apart from that, the others have been said.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Malord - Heavens Tear
    Malord - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Only us Pyroshell for tanking Wurlord and Soloing Mono in abba b:surrender
    Fashion Mastery

"The skill for fashion tailoring. A master who is proficient in
    producing fashion can make the most eye-catching, colorful clothes around!"
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's helpful when tanking Drake (fire) in FB/BH59 too. For the fire resistance... b:surrender
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i would tank fire bosses with water shell still,
    especially one that weak like drake

pyroshell comes in handy in warsong bh2 or 2 bosses of abaddon when ur charmed

really even the suicidal aoe or crown of flame are 1000 times more useful

keep it at lvl1 until ur lvl100
    i like potato
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Usefull moments of pyroshell

Culti 51 outside of FB 51 --> 2 of the 3 bosse there do range Fire dmg
    Drake and Gluttonix in FB 59 --> both attack Fire in Range mode
    Hooli the Black in FB 79 -->uses Fire Attack ( im not sure abou Linus and Brig)
    All Fire Range mobs like all Foxwings the Pyrowraiths or Apostle( Heaven)
    or Towers and Mobs in Burning Heart .....

Personally i see the main use of Pyroshell in the dmg reduction and not in the HP recovery
    I mean many of these Firemobs deal significantly more dmg without the shell compared to using the shell. On Apostle its -150dmg/hit for me which is quite a difference especially if you have more mobs attacking you at the same time

greetz harm0wnie
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i use pyroshell whenever i tank a boss that doesnt hit me physical or with water magic.

best option imo.

so yes pretty handy, and one of the best skills for wizard imo

since the mana u get from watershield is almost zero when u r in a battle (only use it when i walk from A to B to recover mana)

earthbarrier is more pvp skill then anything else, (in pve only use for physical aoe or tank boss that hits physically since normal mobs wont reach u)
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is the way i look at it. each shell is for a different successful wizard biuld.

-earth shell: light armor wizard with acouple spare points on vit (my biuld)

-water shell: pure magic arcane wizard

-fire shell: arcane wizard, every spare point in vit

the water shell biuld is the most common for the remaining wizards of the game, the earth shell biuld is less common, but still there, and to the best of my knowledge the fire shell biuld is completely non-existant.

the reason the fire shell biuld is non-existant is because it's strength is in it's very high hp amount and with the high vit combined with the fire shield, it's high hp regain rate. it's the same concept as a barb, but with less physical defence. and lets face it, if you're biulding a defensive magic user, you probly got sick of dieing in acouple hits from physical attacks, and wanted to up your Pdef.

what the biuld would be great for is being able to take hits from other magic users during a TW of other multiple player pvp situations, while focusing your attention on bombing melee attackers. high m defence+high hp=great defence agenst magic users. however unless that magic user is a light armor biuld, they've got a higher attack than you aswell as around your Mdef. so you'd be completely reliant on the melee user to attack the magic users attacking you while you were attacking the melee users attacking him. there also isn't really allot of call for any of that since there are better stratigies, so not allot of people have the biuld.

(tried all 3 biulds up to lvl 45, liked light armor the best, sticked with it, scrapped the other 2 fer cash, then deleted)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
This discussion has been closed.