Connection to Servers

Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
Hi, I am having problems connecting to the servers. When I go to the server collection screen, the Ping and population notes are "--". I have no idea what the problem is because I used to play on my dorm's network when I had my old computer. With my current computer however, I can hardly connect (I have Excellent connection from my room), but I can play if I'm on another network from my current laptop. Any ideas?

This should help clear things up, too:

Laptop Location Performance
Old Laptop + Dorm = Fine
Old Laptop + Anywhere else = Fine

New Laptop + Dorm = Bad
New Laptop + Anywhere Else =Fine

Also I'm running Window's 7 on a Sony Vaio. My old laptop had Windows Vista and then 7 and was an HP dv400 series.

Thanks!
[sigpic] [/sigpic]
Post edited by Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lianithia - Dreamweaver
    Lianithia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Can anyone tell me why sometimes the game knocks me off the server, then when I try to log back in it tells me there is a 40 second time out.
    Then it says can't connect to server.. I wait for a long time and try again, but it still tells me the same thing.

Also I would like to know where to find out what time the server goes down each week. I live in Central Time USA
  • BlackFlame - Harshlands
    BlackFlame - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can't connect to server either.
    Servers should be online as the page says but still can't connect.
    Please fix it.
  • majikninja613
    majikninja613 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    same problem here...getting kinda tired of it :(
  • kevinm
    kevinm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can't log in to any server, with any user/password. I restarted the computer, and the game.

Are the servers down?

the login timer keeps going to 40, and then saying it won't connect. The main page says all servers are up though?

Any help? b:victory
  • Darksnow - Harshlands
    Darksnow - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can not connect at all to any server. My internet connection is just fine and the server status says all servers are online but everytime i go to sign into a server the population and ping are "--". i dont understand what is going on. I have never had this problwm before... anyone can suggest anything?

edit: i have been trying to sign in for over an hour now......
  • Nerites - Archosaur
    Nerites - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Same problem, restarted the game/computer, even checked the client. (
  • Faraiya - Dreamweaver
    Faraiya - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Also same here, website and startbrowser of game say server is on but I can't log in.
    I think it has something to do with the new patch, cause the game does not patch before I can log in.
    Think this will be gone when the GM's upload the new patch, until then we have to wait. b:surrender
  • kevinm
    edited December 2010
    Same here :/ hopefully it is just a glitch that will works itself out.... soon.
  • Morvatiaz - Archosaur
    Morvatiaz - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yeah I am experiencing the same problem. The servers appear to be down as on the list of servers before entering the game there is only --- ping. Hopefully that means great ping LOL
  • dontuseforumstoo
    dontuseforumstoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I was having the same problem, too. Then I found out in another post that they're doing maintenance on the servers from 11 to 1, PST.
  • kevinm
    edited December 2010
    Ugh, why would they keep the server status on then? b:cry
  • Za_Ra_Ki - Harshlands
    Za_Ra_Ki - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so any1 know when will the game be on again ??!!!?b:angry that'a very sick
  • SacredOne - Dreamweaver
    SacredOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If the previous post was correct, in 35 minutes...
  • Darksnow - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    WAT!!!!!? why didnt they post something on the forums saying that and y keep the statuses of the servers as online? omg i just went freaking nuts thinking my client broke and i would have to redownlad it.b:angry

11 to 1 PST? where did you see that? omg that means i still got a fu.ck.ing hour left my time before the servers come back online!!! pwi ur on ur second strike!!!!b:irritated
  • Plynna - Archosaur
    Plynna - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Here's the link to the posting about the maintenance. There's a bit more info there.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938422&highlight=maintenance
  • Darksnow - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Here's the link to the posting about the maintenance. There's a bit more info there.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938422&highlight=maintenance

ty!!!!b:laughb:thanksb:victory
  • Plynna - Archosaur
    Plynna - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No problem. I really wish they'd hurry, though. It's only been a few days since I downloaded PW and I really, really want to get back to playing.
  • Za_Ra_Ki - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    when the game on could any1 say any thing
  • argenteyes
    argenteyes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hello Guys the Homepage tell meh the Servers are online but when i try to login looks like all Servers are Off... im confused...Help plz!!!
  • offeyce
    offeyce Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    apparently they're down for awhile longer than expected

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ht=maintenance
  • Za_Ra_Ki - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    game is on
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A new patch was pushed to v448 @ 11pm-1:25am Pacific. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
This discussion has been closed.