A nice question :)

ZoanoAce - Lost City
ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Flame Wars, Wall of text, etc. are allowedb:chuckle

Just a question about the new thing that's turning PWI inside-out for so many. Let's say if not the new expansion, sometime in the (near) future, they release new G17 gear that can be farmed in a new instance for lvl 102+, much easier than NV or TT (such as 10 of the essential mat to make each armor/orn, and 20 to make each wep) and the drop rate is similar to gold mat drops in TT.

Since rank gear in general has absolutely no resale value and this were to happen, what would persons do?
Discuss it amongst yourselves childrenb:thanks
●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
Post edited by ZoanoAce - Lost City on

Comments

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Bumpb:surrender

Gee guys, why so shy? Its finally not a QQ thread :O
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry was eating this barb i saw all alone on the street :). Anyways it would suck for the people who bought rank9 any such but make everyone else more happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    People would QQ. Of course the ones who got Rank 8/Nirvana would be pissed, but that's only 72m for Rank 8 (minus shards + refines of course). Some classes, especially casters, archers and sins would still be able to take advantage of their Rank 8 chest. Rank 9 would still be superior (I guess?) so they wouldn't QQ so much.

For BMs it would suck. Currently they are stuck with TT99 armors and they still need Nirvana pants etc. All other classes except sins, bow archers that seek -int and BMs can pretty much go full whatever and not lose much else other than possibly some -chan.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All the people who are laughing at the people who are raging now, would probably rage or whine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pwi already did that to us nirv weap ppl so..
    hope this happens b:victory

then rank gear noobs can qq too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All the people who are laughing at the people who are raging now, would probably rage or whine.

I would laugh even harder. Although... I'm not sure if this can get any "better". b:chuckle

I got my gear done and everything I need + money for other expenses so everything there is left to do is to laugh at people who aren't doing as well and spend their time QQing. b:cute
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited December 2010
    I would laugh even harder. Although... I'm not sure if this can get any "better". b:chuckle

I got my gear done and everything I need + money for other expenses so everything there is left to do is to laugh at people who aren't doing as well and spend their time QQing. b:cute

Yeah, if Rank8 does become totally obsolete, which is most likely probable.... all the new players who are saying how wonderful this new sale is will whine about G16 when it comes out in a couple of weeks.

My gear is mostly done. I may opt for Rank 9 if it's merchantable, or G16 weapon, but everything else is mostly done.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    -few ppl would rage quit

-there would be QQ on forums

-capt. obvious team would apear and teach you that 'mmos evolve' and 'companies need to earn' etc. in short, it means that company may do whatever their management team decide, and you are not allowed to complain because you will become 'raging nerd'

-troll fest

-y so srs bro?

-some older player would write that this is how pwe roll, you can either adapt or quit
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited December 2010
    -some older player would write that this is how pwe roll, you can either adapt or quit

And others like me will have their own reasons for saying 'game is dead'.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll still play for TW and the few instances and events I enjoy.

At one time I used to freely spend money whenever I wanted because I liked supporting the company. That was generosity. Now that PWI does everything they can to try to milk every last cent from a player, I refuse to cash shop. There's a difference between generosity and literally begging for money.

Long term goals are now only created to offer the 'instant gratification' crowd an easy way to opt in with cash. I won't play that game.

That's why I say PW is dead. It's not worth my entertainment money. I'll still play cause I can easily make whatever I need in-game despite the fact I wouldn't mind spending money if the management didn't have their heads up their arses.
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    And others like me will have their own reasons for saying 'game is dead'.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll still play for TW and the few instances and events I enjoy.

At one time I used to freely spend money whenever I wanted because I liked supporting the company. That was generosity. Now that PWI does everything they can to try to milk every last cent from a player, I refuse to cash shop. There's a difference between generosity and literally begging for money.

Long term goals are now only created to offer the 'instant gratification' crowd an easy way to opt in with cash. I won't play that game.

That's why I say PW is dead. It's not worth my entertainment money. I'll still play cause I can easily make whatever I need in-game despite the fact I wouldn't mind spending money if the management didn't have their heads up their arses.[/QUOTE]

Yellow: But that's one of the requirements to become a -insert pw job here-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Flame Wars, Wall of text, etc. are allowedb:chuckle

You sure do want this thread closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LOL, awesome responses so far, keep going guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    You sure do want this thread closed.
    Not really, but they're sure tearing it up in the real "QQ threads" a lot, and I dont see any of them closing fast.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ZeverEdge - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Live My Thread, LIIIIIIVEEE!!!!!b:shocked

Thread: Yesh Master <>,....,<>

This just in, it may not be G17 but;
    The new Nirvana upgrades to G16 with added bonuses looks amazing...Glad I did not go rank! b:chuckleb:bye
    ohaider predictionb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]