For everyone asking about PW-MY's upcoming APS "nerf"...

Options

Comments

• Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

If you do the calculations you get a total of -0.45 seconds for a grand total of 1.88 attacks per second."

someone didn't pass math classes in middle school.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My-En lolz...They get their patches about 1 year after us. Think they still have normal easymode 3-3 and last time i checked about 1 month ago they still didn't even have the patch for Nirvana yet.

Its PW-CN where the shiet goes down before us. It has been a lot of discussions about APS on their forums with the coming expansion, somehow (Google translate sucks) connected to the TT99 bonus and also about capping sins to 4.0. But it has all been just suggestions from developers and players raging against it. Nothing is changed yet and most likely aps will stay the same.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    er, I think you guys have all been trolled. There's no way someone is this dumb.
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Apparently all you children failed Math and English. The game status window shows "Attack Rate ?.??% / Sec" that means you hit this many times per second. Now "Interval Between Hits -?.?? Seconds" means you ADD that number to get the correct tabulation. Bloody numptys.

My math is flawless, you just want to justify exploiting and I've checked my email and all three PWI, PW-MY, and W2 have all confirmed that they are investigating and/or looking into a solution for the issue. If they agree then my math can't be that flawed.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Apparently all you children failed Math and English. The game status window shows "Attack Rate ?.??% / Sec" that means you hit this many times per second. Now "Interval Between Hits -?.?? Seconds" means you ADD that number to get the correct tabulation. Bloody numptys.

My math is flawless, you just want to justify exploiting and I've checked my email and both PWI, PW-MY, and W2 have all confirmed that they are investigating and/or looking into a solution for the issue. If they agree then my math can't be that flawed.
    er, I think you guys have all been trolled. There's no way someone is this dumb.

For reals.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For reals.

I give up.

Or maybe not.

Um, no. You must've failed English.

interval
    an intervening period of time

between
    in the space separating (two points, objects, etc.)

hits
    to deal a blow or stroke to

So "Interval between hits" = "An intervening period of time in the space separating blows"

Attack
    the act of attacking; onslaught; assault

rate
    a certain quantity or amount of one thing considered in relation to a unit of another thing and used as a standard or measure

So "Attack rate" = "The quantity of attacks in relation to a unit of time"
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Funny you even bother to argue considering you say the game is dead.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Um, it's not quite that simple.

-45% on a 0.7 interval fist would get you 0.385 interval yes, but this would be rounded up to 0.4, or 2.5 aps.

Also, if you now used Demon Spark on this 0.7 interval fist, you'd get 0.21 interval, or 5 aps.

The only thing that it would change is the requirements for getting 5 aps. It'd look like this:
    -5%: 1.54 aps (2 aps sparked)
    -10%: 1.54 aps (2.22 aps sparked)
    -15%: 1.67 aps (2.5 aps sparked)
    -20%: 1.82 aps (2.5 aps sparked)
    -25%: 2.00 aps (2.86 aps sparked)
    -30%: 2.00 aps (3.33 aps sparked)
    -35%: 2.22 aps (3.33 aps sparked)
    -40%: 2.50 aps ( 4.00 aps sparked)
    -45%: 2.50 aps (5.00 aps sparked)
    -50%: 2.86 aps (5.00 aps sparked)
    -55%: 3.33 aps (6.67 aps sparked)

And this is assuming that each -0.05 is converted to -5%. And that list is only true of Fists.

So what you are suggesting wouldn't affect fists at all in terms of eliminating 5 aps. It also wouldn't change the ability of Assassins to get 5 aps.

With this change, BMs would require every single piece of -attack% in the game to get 5 aps. That's only 1 more than it's currently. For the others, it wouldn't change anything, other than making Daggers max at 2.86 aps unsparked instead of 4.00.

Ok since i didnt say it, i wasnt infering them keeping the dumbass screwey rounding. Which gets rounded to find attack speed after reduction, then rounded again after addition spark speed. That really creates horrible ill effects, also probably part of what they really didnt think out very well. -Channel does not ever get rounded, and then it doesnt get rounded again after sparking for double rounding. The same system should be in place for -% Interval. And you wouldnt be able to round your way to 5 APS. I believe the max -Interval gear atm is -.5 for BMs (and others not mentioned next), and -.6 for Archers & Assasins (Rank Chest). Under % system, BMs would floor at .35 (.2625 sparked, not quite even 4 APS), and Archer/Assasin would floor at .32 (.24 sparked, slightly higher then 4 APS). And that with the 100% complete maximum gear around for -Interval

Also, and i'm really surprised this game doesnt do it as any other game with a Chi/TP/Energy based system that gains for attacking, Chi gains should be somewhat proportional to attack speed. Faster weapons yeild less then slower weapon (either lower fist & dagger gain, or raise Bow (by the most) then axe & pole gain. Between the above -% Interval (non-rounded) and a proportional chi system, suddenly the weapons would be relatively balanced out.

My math is flawless, you just want to justify exploiting and I've checked my email and all three PWI, PW-MY, and W2 have all confirmed that they are investigating and/or looking into a solution for the issue. If they agree then my math can't be that flawed.

Dude, i dont have 5 APS, or even close to it. I find the whole system flawed & in desperate need of rebalancing & re programming (as i have been illustrating). I do not support the craze or its effect on the game (tho no ill will towards those who want to max their damage, trying to better one's character is appropriate behavior in an MMO). Short story, i have no love for 5 APS whatsoever.

However...

Your math is completely fail.

Speed is displayed as attacks per second.

MATHEMATICALLY speaking, the INTERVAL of attacks is [ ONE / (attacks per second)]

you forgot the 1/x part in your calculations to convert the attack speed into attack interval, before subtracting the -Interval. Then you 1/x it again to convert it back to attack speed.

Its flawed development, flawed forethought, but not flawed programming as it does exactly what it should.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

No, your math is wrong here. You seem to be trying to add RATEs and TIMEs (as others have pointed out). One is "XX per second", the other is "seconds". If your math skills are THAT bad, I encourage you to come visit us in Vegas - we could use a few more like you playing at the tables:)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok since i didnt say it, i wasnt infering them keeping the dumbass screwey rounding. Which gets rounded to find attack speed after reduction, then rounded again after addition spark speed.

Actually, there is only one ronding. The attack speeds are all at an accuracy of 0.05 already, so just adding -interval means that it won't need to be rounded to the nearest 0.05, it already is there. It only gets rounded when you add effects that take it away from the 0.05 accuracy, those being any percentage based boosts.
    The same system should be in place for -% Interval. And you wouldnt be able to round your way to 5 APS. I believe the max -Interval gear atm is -.5 for BMs (and others not mentioned next), and -.6 for Archers & Assasins (Rank Chest). Under % system, BMs would floor at .35 (.2625 sparked, not quite even 4 APS), and Archer/Assasin would floor at .32 (.24 sparked, slightly higher then 4 APS). And that with the 100% complete maximum gear around for -Interval

Um, there is a contradiction in your suggestion. First you suggest that single -5% or -10% from gear would be additive, then you change it so that the spark is multiplicative. You'd have to pick one or the other, because for the code, the buffs are one and the same. And if you picked multiplicative, the maximum APS would be at 0.7*0.75*0.95^11 = 0.29682->3.34 aps. If you picked additive, then you'd end up with a maximum aps of 0.7*(1-0.25-11*0.05) = 0.7*0.2 = 0.14 -> 7.14 aps

Either way, what it would do is make Archers and BMs unable to permaspark while changing only the damage of Assassins, who can permaspark rather early.

And btw,the maximum is -0.55 interval.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PW-MY as of this month, is only just now getting the Tideborn patch. Only now adding assasins and psychics into the game. Obviously they are the top reciever of patches and by far the leader in PW games

/sarcasm

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've checked my email and all three PWI, PW-MY, and W2 have all confirmed that they are investigating and/or looking into a solution for the issue. If they agree then my math can't be that flawed.

...please post the confirmation from MY. I'd love to see it.

Oh, that's right. You're talking out of your ***. b:bye

@Above poster~ MY got TB in late October. It's not even the updated version with 79/89 heaven and hell/100 skills. They're supposedly working on Nirvana now...with an ETA of six months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit after rechecking there was an error in my calculations however after running them again with correction the attack speed cap still doesn't reach 5.0. It sits at 3.88 (rounded to four) so the bug is still evident. There are players claiming to have 5.0 without any buffs or skills.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit after rechecking there was an error in my calculations however after running them again with correction the attack speed cap still doesn't reach 5.0. It sits at 3.88 (rounded to four) so the bug is still evident. There are players claiming to have 5.0 without any buffs or skills.

It's like this:
    Fists: 0.7 base interval
    Deicide: -0.1 interval
    Armor of the Demonhunter (Archer Rank 8 armor): -0.1 interval
    Shadow Ashura Greaves: -0.05 Interval
    Ashura's Wrists + Boots: -0.10 + 0.05 = -0.15 interval (-0.1 and -0.05 bonus)
    Lionheart Necklace + Belt: -0.05 interval (bonus)
    Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade: -0.05 interval
    Total Interval: 0.7 - 0.1 - 0.1 - 0.05 - 0.15 - 0.05 -0.05 = 0.2
    Total Attack Rate: 1/0.2 = 5
    -> 5 aps.
  • Phrilly - Sanctuary
    Phrilly - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Depends on how much -int gear you have. Not sure myself what the max from gear is, but if, as someone said, the max is -0.55 with gear, using 1.43 attack speed weps that'd give you 6.67 APS. -0.5 int would give you 5.0 APS base, and -.45 int would give you 4.0 APS base.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Depends on how much -int gear you have. Not sure myself what the max from gear is, but if, as someone said, the max is -0.55 with gear, using 1.43 attack speed weps that'd give you 6.67 APS. -0.5 int would give you 5.0 APS base, and -.45 int would give you 4.0 APS base.

There's a hard cap at 5.0 APS.
  • Phrilly - Sanctuary
    Phrilly - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There's a hard cap at 5.0 APS.

Oops. Got carried away with the math and forgot this. Thank you.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *facepalm*

A primary school kid would have better maths that Ellestor.

But honestly,So What?
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

"I've checked calculations hundreds of times and through it all there is no explanation how players are obtaining 5.0 attacks per second. All gear that contains the "- interval" add on has either -0.1 or -0.05 seconds. Being as the fastest weapons in the game has 1.43 attacks per second it's impossible using the stated additions to the items. See following.

Weapon: Interval Between Hits -0.1 Seconds
    Gauntlets: Interval Between Hits -0.1 Seconds
    Leggings (Nirvana): Interval Between Hits -0.05 Seconds
    Cloak: Interval Between Hits -0.05 Seconds
    Tome: Interval Between Hits -0.05 Seconds
    Set Bonus (Two Piece Twilight Temple Heavy Armour): Interval Between Hits -0.05 Seconds
    Set Bonus (Two Piece Twilight Temple Light Armour): Interval Between Hits -0.05 Seconds

If you do the calculations you get a total of -0.45 seconds for a grand total of 1.88 attacks per second."

lets start by pointing out the flaw in your math, 1.43 is the number of attacks per second meaning you start with 0.699 as the interval between hits. Meaning with the multitude of interval points you put up makes the interval 0.249 or just over 4.0apsgiven that the demon spark method of acceleration is 33% faster it's 4.0*1.33 which gives us 5.32, however there are erroneous points in the computations of the game up to that point such as 1.82 being repeated twice.

So, APS is in fact glitched, with only set points being attainable 3.33, 4.0, 5.0 and those points being rounded to when they're nearly achieved.

So, step 1, correct your math,
    step 2, quit with the Q ****ing Q
    step 3, who cares with rank gear non aps can do approximately the same damage (a group of clones of me would've been 12 seconds slower than a 5aps group in nirvana without rank gear)

Also, archers and sins can have 6.67 without as there's another -.1 interval they can equip.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Tanglewood - Raging Tide
    Tanglewood - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Personally i think the OP wanted to get flamed and start some drama. Who else ends their post with "let the flame begin."

Dont forget about cyclone heel and and demon spark. If you've ever seen someone who claims to hit 5 times a second just duel them and see for yourself.

In regards to feeling left out cuz u dont have 5 aps: Just play the game however you want to play it. It's your character, your money/time, your experience. As long as you have fun playing that's all that matters.

For the longest time i can think theirs a BM guide sticked in the BM section saying fists are terrible and another saying axes are the only way. As you see public opinon always shifts, just have fun dude. Not everyone on your server your level cares about aps. As much as people try to say "we're pro" on these forums there's still other people who just dont care about their e-peen and want to fun playing the game.
  • Chobiits - Heavens Tear
    Chobiits - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ha ha ur arguing with ellestor, -1 to anyone that dignifies this dude with a response.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options

Yeah seriously I don't know what other people's problems are. It's just as simple as

100 miles/hour + 8 hours = 108 miles/hour

right? it's flawless!
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah seriously I don't know what other people's problems are. It's just as simple as

100 miles/hour + 8 hours = 108 miles/hour

right? it's flawless!

I think you might be onto something there...

[RAGE +FLAME+HATE+HATE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OP should read archer forums, so his head explodes and the villagers rejoice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    o.O APS cap reduction? Sweet. No more over-caffeinated melee users running around at warp 12.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ATTACK RATE /=/ INTERVAL BETWEEN HITS

ok.... sit down and listen

Attack rate of fists = 1.43 attacks per second

ok

So the interval between hits for fists = .69 seconds ( 1 second / 1. 43 attacks)

So .69s interval between hits - .45s interval between hits = .24s interval between hits (i'm ignoring PWI rounding system)

So now, that means a person (with fists) with -.45s interval between hits gear has an interval between hits of .24s.

So to calculate attack rate now we take 1 second / .24 seconds = 4 attacks per second.

Comprende?

P.S. Ask before you assume you're right and send in a ticket.

wtf is /=/ ????

it is =/=
  • Cheze - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wtf is /=/ ????

it is =/=

wtf is =/= ????
    it is !=
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wtf is /=/ ????

it is =/=

x.x my bad. Was that really worth pointing out?

At least make some comment or something D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I do not expect a nerf of any sort, they could correct it by simply changing the bosses. Changing the way your character fights outside bugs or obvious things that unbalance certain things will likely result in the people who make their pay check spending less... and less being spent is not acceptable b:angry
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I do not expect a nerf of any sort, they could correct it by simply changing the bosses. Changing the way your character fights outside bugs or obvious things that unbalance certain things will likely result in the people who make their pay check spending less... and less being spent is not acceptable b:angry
    Hey lass, think you can fetch me a beer? b:laugh

5 BPS
This discussion has been closed.