So what is all this Game is Dead business?

Options

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ive played since closed beta and i havent logged on archer for ages so pls go to ur lil corner and cry out loud :P

Apparently not, because you're still under the illusion that everything coming out of Frankie's mouth is the truth.
    You obviously haven't been here in the last...15 months. (If that sounds offensive I apologize.) I'm not the only one who laughs at people who still believe the GM's these days.

I do apologize, but believing the GM's is pure insanity. I know you remember the way the game was in the old days. Have you logged in and seen what's been going on, or did you just get here today?
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    when i get back to pwi i will CS this character to 100 or more :)

Double post, don't care--

Like I said Dan...she's the Yulk of Harshlands. She spews insignificant BS, and never goes through with it. Just don't....feed....it.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Double post, don't care--

Like I said Dan...she's the Yulk of Harshlands. She spews insignificant BS, and never goes through with it. Just don't....feed....it.

you will see as soon as i get back :)
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you think so dont you?

6 Computers
    > all in 1 squad for FCC
    > Rinse, repeat, 3 FCC's a day
    > all level 100 in 1 month.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Apparently not, because you're still under the illusion that everything coming out of Frankie's mouth is the truth.
    You obviously haven't been here in the last...15 months. (If that sounds offensive I apologize.) I'm not the only one who laughs at people who still believe the GM's these days.

I do apologize, but believing the GM's is pure insanity. I know you remember the way the game was in the old days. Have you logged in and seen what's been going on, or did you just get here today?

i remember days when gold was 100k i remember days when there were not hercs and QQbirds ...i rly dun care much abt this game anymore just wana **** on forums :P
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    6 Computers
    > all in 1 squad for FCC
    > Rinse repeat, 3 FCC's a day

wow thats sad
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    6 Computers
    > all in 1 squad for FCC
    > Rinse repeat, 3 FCC's a day

Much faster than your 10 months since join date and still level 67.

....So if I just HAPPENED to accidentally email you the password to my account....
    Theoretically speaking, I could come back to a 10x Psychic?

.......b:laugh Oyay.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....So if I just HAPPENED to accidentally email you the password to my account....
    Theoretically speaking, I could come back to a 10x Psychic?

.......b:laugh Oyay.[/COLOR]

wow born do you always talk in orange?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow thats sad

I know, right? 10 months and you're still level 67.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm probably going to get flamed to a crisp, but I'd like to know;

What exactly is all this Game is Dead stuff?
    And Endgame gear and all that?

I see people constantly complaining about how horrible of a game PWI is, well then, why are you here?
    I just don't get it.
    It's a fad. Just do what I do, and make fun of them. /seesig
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know, right? 10 months and you're still level 67.

if you could read some of my posts i stopped playing this cleric when i saw how stupid people were in bh's and just in general
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options

i do like the sig lol
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Ruce - Dreamweaver
    Ruce - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Everyone calm down Dx

So the game is considered dead, because anyone can just go ahead and buy Endgame gear from the cash shop for a ridiculous price.

I can understand that when you're working so hard to reach a high level and such, this would really grate on your nerves, but do people really have to be this angry about it?

PWE is just another big company like any other, of course they want money. There are people who are willing to buy it, so more power to them.

If it really bothers you so much, there are other games to play, right?
    Sure, someone can buy their way to the end, but you should have more satisfaction that you worked your way there, right?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Everyone calm down Dx

So the game is considered dead, because anyone can just go ahead and buy Endgame gear from the cash shop for a ridiculous price.

I can understand that when you're working so hard to reach a high level and such, this would really grate on your nerves, but do people really have to be this angry about it?

PWE is just another big company like any other, of course they want money. There are people who are willing to buy it, so more power to them.

If it really bothers you so much, there are other games to play, right?
    Sure, someone can buy their way to the end, but you should have more satisfaction that you worked your way there, right?
    No way. It makes waaaaaay more sense to spam "game is dead" on forums of game that's dead and pointless, instead of going to find another game you like.
  • X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    HAD to respond to the nab in the PvE world with the obvious lack of braincells.

Stop whining? You have no idea what's going on, do you?
    Do you have any idea what literally GIVING endgame gear away for the price of a used car is doing to this game?

It's pissing off the players who worked for their gear
    It's giving people who faceroll the keyboard a HUGE advantage over everybody else.
    It's giving free to play players less reason to log on anymore.
    It's making the forums go berserk.
    It's driving up the prices of gold. (It was 1.2 million coins for one gold on Lost City.)
    It's driving DOWN the prices of materials for other endgame gear. (The type you earn?)
    It's putting more money in the PWE's fat pockets, meanwhile they refuse to listen to us and have been shafting us for the last three years despite our complaints, and Frankie literally gives us the finger (aka: an excuse).

....Want to try that again?

Hun...

You

are

ABSOLUTELY

Right.

-Troll on if you like, IT IS true...-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Fantasy is something that one should enjoy.
    Although a Fantasy is harmless, it is only that in the eyes of the blind.
    Although a Fantasy is enjoyable, it can become repetivie and sickening to the mind and soul.
    When one gets sucked into a Fantasy, one day they wake up;
    They wake up and say...it's time to awaken from the Fantasy.
    - - - Woke up from this Fantasy on Oct. 2010 - - - b:bye
  • X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Castgurl_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i know alot more than you think this character i stopped lvling on a long time ago. If you like a chalange why dont you ike rank 8 and 9? Is it not a chalange to fight people who are impossible to kill?

Um sweety...

Your first two posts screamed the following *purple fluff monster with boogle eyes pops out* "HEEEEEERRROOOZ I R LUT AND ZOMG WTH ISH THIS? GAME DEAD? OU CAN I EAT THAT, HUHUHUHH?".....

Bottom line= adding something that:
    A - Quite a number of people GRINDED AND WORKED their *** for and
    B - Is now easy as 1,2,3 to get with a swipe of the card that you got from mommy

Is well..kinda (okay not kinda, IS) killing the game...*cough* not fun :D *stands near ready to swing my midnight black weppy across your head* :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Fantasy is something that one should enjoy.
    Although a Fantasy is harmless, it is only that in the eyes of the blind.
    Although a Fantasy is enjoyable, it can become repetivie and sickening to the mind and soul.
    When one gets sucked into a Fantasy, one day they wake up;
    They wake up and say...it's time to awaken from the Fantasy.
    - - - Woke up from this Fantasy on Oct. 2010 - - - b:bye
  • eyehaveyou
    eyehaveyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hm.... what if u just refuse to buy gold /charge zen and hm.... how shall i say it...

work on ur endgame stuff?

so what others do have it from cashshop i still dont see any reason to quit playing a game because others bought that gear, furthermore i dont see any reason why i shall buy the stuff, because others got it?
    nah seriously i dont need that, and anyone smart enough to not buy the endgame gear from cashshop will still keep playing, no1 forces u to buy that stuff.

(now the pvp qq will rise)

no even if u get 1shot in tw or pvp,just dont join tws (if u consider it the only thing that is fun ur sad ppl)
    pvp, well might suck for pvp servers true, but then again i dont need to pk, i see no reason to be competitive.
  • Bobzl - Sanctuary
    Bobzl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Game is dead lol

Even if they made something better then r9 it would only break the game even more, since r9 is already so over powered (eg. psychic with full r9/ JoSD/ jones bless has 154 def level and only -10 attack level = pretty close to invincible to everyone without r9 and does very close normal damage b:shocked)

Now with every Tom, D.ick and Harry able to get r8 (and not much else) pvp will turn into something without any skill whatsoever (not that it had much b4, but at least it took a little) it'll just be a game of who can click the other person the fastest, and with 6 mil charms (packs cant keep up with the usage I'm thinking and people's stock will run out soon) it'll only make it worse >.<

Almost two years ago 72 dollars couldn't get you two (2) immaculate citrines, now it will get you rank 8....
    What'll be next? lol, I won't be around to find out.

Game is dead b:bye
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*

Carry on.

P.S. Keph, thanks for the one last vid. Enjoyed every one one of them. Keep it up mate :D
    b:dirty
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

yep cuz they say its dead but u see them afk or farming dq for rank 9 lol GG
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yep cuz they say its dead but u see them afk or farming dq for rank 9 lol GG
    It was funny how several of the biggest whiners on world chat just following maintenance.. were since congratulated today via world chat on Rank 9. I guess they finished opening chip packs.

Yup.
  • Oblio - Dreamweaver
    Oblio - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dan, don't feed the troll..... Everybody in Harshlands knows that Lutirica is one of the biggest idiots in the entire server, not to mention a QQing butthurt Zulu hater...she's like Yulk, but in Harshlands.

Try not to catch the stupidity; I hear it's highly contagious, and only cured by Michael_Dark beating you with a large platter of steak until your spleen bursts.

Nerd...RAAAAAAAGE!
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm probably going to get flamed to a crisp, but I'd like to know;

What exactly is all this Game is Dead stuff?
    And Endgame gear and all that?

I see people constantly complaining about how horrible of a game PWI is, well then, why are you here?
    I just don't get it.

As in all games, there is a turn over.

The once lower levels have risen to become the higher levels. The non-famous, rise to fame.

It is a continual cycle... some hang on for a very long time, but eventually, they drop out also.

Well, slowly all rise to the higher levels.. wonder who will be the new ones to come in ... to take our places later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    HAD to respond to the nab in the PvE world with the obvious lack of braincells.

Stop whining? You have no idea what's going on, do you?
    Do you have any idea what literally GIVING endgame gear away for the price of a used car is doing to this game?

It's pissing off the players who worked for their gear
    It's giving people who faceroll the keyboard a HUGE advantage over everybody else.
    It's giving free to play players less reason to log on anymore.
    It's making the forums go berserk.
    It's driving up the prices of gold. (It was 1.2 million coins for one gold on Lost City.)
    It's driving DOWN the prices of materials for other endgame gear. (The type you earn?)
    It's putting more money in the PWE's fat pockets, meanwhile they refuse to listen to us and have been shafting us for the last three years despite our complaints, and Frankie literally gives us the finger (aka: an excuse).

....Want to try that again?

Your logic is invalid. People were cash shopping gear long before pack sale. And the coin/gold ratio went berzerk before rank sale.

Try again.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To the OP - I have tried to stay out of it; but basically all of the 'game is dead' stuff you see on here; in my opinion goes back to a famous quote you may or may not have heard -

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

And Janus, can you please explain to me how to put your sig thingy into mine? I'm not very computer literate; which may be why can't get this to even post right. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Save the gif image to your local drive, go to your control panel thingy in avatar settings, upload it, then there's a button nearby to add it to your signature once you've uploaded it.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think I did it!! :D Thanks again!! Or not! LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "The game is dead"-people are 13-16 years old with social problems. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wrong SuperHebbe. "The game is dead" - People who liked a fair, balanced game where everyone could be on a level playing feild, where hardwork was rewarded with good gear. Where PvP does not include a constant 1shot fest, where skill was required due to weaponary available today not being ridiculous and ridiculously easy to obtain.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wrong SuperHebbe. "The game is dead" - People who liked a fair, balanced game where everyone could be on a level playing feild, where hardwork was rewarded with good gear. Where PvP does not include a constant 1shot fest, where skill was required due to weaponary available today not being ridiculous and ridiculously easy to obtain.

Alternately, people who understand that when you circumvent normal gameplay mechanics by making long-term goals "pay 2 win" (or whatever other term you prefer), you decrease the life of the game and provide less incentive to keep playing.

PWE may think they have a gold-mine by cycling in new users who dump X amount of cash on their characters, get bored, and move on - unfortunately, they don't seem to realize that this short-sighted business plan they appear to be running will tap out rapidly as well. As per the old "Tortoise & Hare" fable, PWE has gone for the Hare's route, and we all know how that ended, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW