So what is all this Game is Dead business?

Options
Ruce - Dreamweaver
Ruce - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I'm probably going to get flamed to a crisp, but I'd like to know;

What exactly is all this Game is Dead stuff?
And Endgame gear and all that?

I see people constantly complaining about how horrible of a game PWI is, well then, why are you here?
I just don't get it.
Post edited by Ruce - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Obviously if they're on forums and not on game, it means they aren't there. There are plenty of people who don't play the game anymore who come on here to post for the lulz.

PWI just doesn't have the experience other MMOs have in managing their games... I mean, why put end game gears in Cash Shop? Pretty much kills off almost all possible goals for players to achieve who actually earned what they got the hard way. There really isn't much to accomplish with 72 gold end games sitting in cash shop.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This pretty much says all you need to know.
    The Post-Mortem.

Also what nightsaber said, when you leave nothing left to accomplish in a game there's no point in playing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Obviously if they're on forums and not on game, it means they aren't there. There are plenty of people who don't play the game anymore who come on here to post for the lulz.

PWI just doesn't have the experience other MMOs have in managing their games... I mean, why put end game gears in Cash Shop? Pretty much kills off almost all possible goals for players to achieve who actually earned what they got the hard way. There really isn't much to accomplish with 72 gold end games sitting in cash shop.

as frankie said there will be new endgame stuffs..R8 isnt engame R9 is atm so stop whining =)
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This pretty much says all you need to know.
    The Post-Mortem.

Also what nightsaber said, when you leave nothing left to accomplish in a game there's no point in playing it.

Hey look Michael, you're on Youtube! :D
  • tenj#7625
    tenj#7625 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    as frankie said there will be new endgame stuffs..R8 isnt engame R9 is atm so stop whining =)

Rank 9 is still cheaper than what a 2nd cast Nirvana weapon used to be, smart one. Game is too easy now.

The thing is, Rank 8 is cheaper than TT99, Nirvana, and Lunar so it has successfully de-valued pretty much all other things people could have farmed. And if people can't make decent profits from farming? = GG
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options

HAD to respond to the nab in the PvE world with the obvious lack of braincells.

Stop whining? You have no idea what's going on, do you?
    Do you have any idea what literally GIVING endgame gear away for the price of a used car is doing to this game?

It's pissing off the players who worked for their gear
    It's giving people who faceroll the keyboard a HUGE advantage over everybody else.
    It's giving free to play players less reason to log on anymore.
    It's making the forums go berserk.
    It's driving up the prices of gold. (It was 1.2 million coins for one gold on Lost City.)
    It's driving DOWN the prices of materials for other endgame gear. (The type you earn?)
    It's putting more money in the PWE's fat pockets, meanwhile they refuse to listen to us and have been shafting us for the last three years despite our complaints, and Frankie literally gives us the finger (aka: an excuse).

....Want to try that again?
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    pwi said their making stronger stuff to beat rank 9
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options

And will sell it in the Cash Shop for 3 gold.

Try again.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Doesn't change the fact that Rank 8 is still extremely strong.

And it's now cheaper than other endgame options, by a ridiculous margin.

And if they really will release stuff that is more powerful than Rank 9 some months from now, that's going to make it even more obvious that they're **** everybody.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Doesn't change the fact that Rank 8 is still extremely strong.

And it's now cheaper than other endgame options, by a ridiculous margin.

and you dont like a chalange?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Do you have any idea what literally GIVING endgame gear away for the price of a used car is doing to this game?

It's pissing off the players who worked for their gear
    It's giving people who faceroll the keyboard a HUGE advantage over everybody else.
    It's giving free to play players less reason to log on anymore.
    It's making the forums go berserk.
    It's driving up the prices of gold. (It was 1.2 million coins for one gold on Lost City.)
    It's driving DOWN the prices of materials for other endgame gear. (The type you earn?)
    It's putting more money in the PWE's fat pockets, meanwhile they refuse to listen to us and have been shafting us for the last three years despite our complaints, and Frankie literally gives us the finger (aka: an excuse).

....Want to try that again?

Isn't it obvious? Anyone who says game is not dead is trolling. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

it better come with insane defenses and defense levels or everyone will one shot everyone and their mother.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Isn't it obvious? Anyone who says game is not dead is trolling. b:surrender

Anyone who says "The game is dead" their the ones that are trolling
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options

Mhm. And one month after release, we'll see either the mats for it in a pack somewhere (Nirvana crystals anyone?) or they'll just flat-out sell it like they've done with Rank gear.
    ...Actually, a month is optimistic. I give it two weeks.

Sure you can keep playing if you want. Sure you can work for whatever you please. The mechanics are still in place, unless they're ridden with unfixed bugs or made all but impossible by dungeon tweaks (TT 3-X). But if you honestly haven't gotten the point by now, please, go back to gradeschool and learn your basics.

EDIT:
    And if they really will release stuff that is more powerful than Rank 9 some months from now, that's going to make it even more obvious that they're **** everybody.

More obvious? Pfft. If it were any more obvious, the mobs would all be wearing strap-ons and PWI would be selling lube in the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it better come with insane defenses and defense levels or everyone will one shot everyone and their mother.

being one hit is a fact of life most people are use to. Higher lvls like to dish it out but dont like it when it comes back on to them.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mhm. And one month after release, we'll see either the mats for it in a pack somewhere (Nirvana crystals anyone?) or they'll just flat-out sell it like they've done with Rank gear.
    ...Actually, a month is optimistic. I give it two weeks.

Sure you can keep playing if you want. Sure you can work for whatever you please. The mechanics are still in place, unless they're ridden with unfixed bugs or made all but impossible by dungeon tweaks (TT 3-X). But if you honestly haven't gotten the point by now, please, go back to gradeschool and learn your basics.

oh you think pwi will end when all the mad people leave ROFL it wont pwi will continue on and you will be nothing but a forgotten memory
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Anyone who says "The game is dead" their the ones that are trolling

Have you been living under a rock this past week? Anyone who has any experience of how the logistics of a working MMO works knows that making end game gear 90% easier to get means game too easy =/= challenge. There's nothing left people can really accomplish that a credit card could accomplish faster with a few swipes...

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Have uou been living under a rock this past week? Anyone who has any experience of how the logistics of a working MMO work knows that making end game gear 90% easier to get means game too easy =/= challenge. There's nothing left people can really accomplish that a credit card could accomplish faster with a few swipes...

if you dont like that you can pay your way then this game is not for you
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dan, don't feed the troll..... Everybody in Harshlands knows that Lutirica is one of the biggest idiots in the entire server, not to mention a QQing butthurt Zulu hater...she's like Yulk, but in Harshlands.

Try not to catch the stupidity; I hear it's highly contagious, and only cured by Michael_Dark beating you with a large platter of steak until your spleen bursts.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dan, don't feed the troll..... Everybody in Harshlands knows that Lutirica is one of the biggest idiots in the entire server, not to mention a QQing butthurt Zulu hater...she's like Yulk, but in Harshlands.

Try not to catch the stupidity; I hear it's highly contagious, and only cured by Michael_Dark beating you with a large platter of steak until your spleen bursts.

Mmm, steak.

Though I favor slapping people with sharks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you dont like that you can pay your way then this game is not for you

Lol? I'm a F2P player, and paying to win is not an accomplishment. That's what the game lacks... Challenge. Seems you've missed the point, but then again judging by your level and join date, you probably don't even know what end game is.

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lol? I'm a F2P player, and paying to win is not an accomplishment. That's what the game lacks... Challenge. Seems you've missed the point, but then again judging by your level and join date, you probably don't even know what end game is.

i know alot more than you think this character i stopped lvling on a long time ago. If you like a chalange why dont you ike rank 8 and 9? Is it not a chalange to fight people who are impossible to kill?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

nab in PvE server who started in HL before u... nice try.... didnt u read at all wat i said on my veno char..GM said there will be new endgame stuff..woot are u MY-EN ppl so stupid that u dunno how to read ? =)
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    woot are u MY-EN ppl so stupid that u dunno how to read ? =)

Are you stupid and naive enough to believe Frankie?
    ....You must have Hyper'd to 97, because anybody who's been in this game for the past 15 months knows how bad things are compared to when this game first started. (Apparently back your lack of grammar, I wouldn't say you'd been there.)

This isn't MY-EN.

Try again.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    herp derp

When you get to level 100 first and know what you're talking about, maybe people will start to take you seriously. b:laugh

Until then, fail more troll.

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you get to level 100 first and know what you're talking about, maybe people will start to take you seriously. b:laugh

Until then, fail more troll.

when i get back to pwi i will CS this character to 100 or more :)
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Are you stupid and naive enough to believe Frankie?
    ....You must have Hyper'd to 97

ive played since closed beta and i havent logged on archer for ages so pls go to ur lil corner and cry out loud :P
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    when i get back to pwi i will CS this character to 100 or more :)

That's nice; and I'll level 6 100 characters for free faster than you can charge it. b:bye

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's nice; and I'll level 6 100 characters for free faster than you can charge it. b:bye

you think so dont you?
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Fastest Leveller in the West?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.