How to beat bm and barbs

PaleHorse - Lost City
PaleHorse - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Assassin
i understand im still a low lvl but in duels and pvp i seem to have alot of trouble beating barbs and bms my lvl. is there any advice some one can give me to help against them
Post edited by PaleHorse - Lost City on

Comments

• /zus - Dreamweaver53
    /zus - Dreamweaver53 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i wanna know too b:cry
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1.) Int gear: You wait till 89+, get some int gear and your demon spark and proceed to tangling mire, demon spark em. If you are sure they are stunned, you can toss in frenzy as well to further improve damage.

2.)Genie skills: get a Genie with Bramble Rage or a similar skill, get em to like 60% hp in roder to bypass their charm, use your amps (Subsea strike, Chill of the Deep, Wolf Emblem and/or Powerdash) and use the genie skill. A crit should bypass the charm of most HAs your level. Especially effective if you use it while the BM phys marrows. b:laugh
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    stun locking them is very important for taking on HA classes as well. throatcut, headhunt, deep sting, etc. look at their cast and cooldown time, and set them up in a macro for good results.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    While this is true, I wouldn't use a macro in PVP ever. Far too situaional... There is a lot that can go wrong... Missed attacks, resisted stuns, lags, bugged macro etc. Rely on your own timing and instinct. Takes some practice but it's worth it.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Exactly what Lalius said. Macro in PvP = fail. Besides, if the HA is charmed, stunlocking will do nothing but ticking them. You kill HA by either spike damage on genie crit or raw DPS.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Well, that's what you learn when you reroll from being a carebear, huh? b:cute

You shouldn't have banned her for suggesting to use macros :O
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As a HA user I suggest:

1) Get a charm
    2) Stealth
    3) Double spark and stun immunity
    4) Auto-attack and use BR
    5) Stealth, get chi and repeat

If they run, stealth and call them noobs for running. If they stand there and you see their charm ticking, stealth. If they are uncharmed but they don't die, stealth. If they die... grats. b:chuckle

Also there is a 8x sin on Sanct that can pretty much kill all low-90 BMs with stun tele + sin amp + BR/thunderstorm crit.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As somebody who actually can/has killed higher lvl barbs:
    1) Yes, hate to say it, sin vs. barb you do want a charm
    2) I actually use genie heals if my charm ticks too fast
    3) Double spark as fast as you can, I use tackling slash+other skills to keep them stunned and build up chi fast

Obviously others may think differently, but that's what I do. b:bye
    b:victory
  • Kmgz - Lost City
    Kmgz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    At low lvl it's a nightmare against HA cause their huge Pdef and also HP , but if you are pure dext troublesome for them to touch you too . (still at low lvl where evade still work).
    It depend if you are dueling or not :

-In duel you don't have to worry about your foe charm so stunlock is good. An abuse of genie skill like tangling mire could help you too.
    You could even try to kite and **** your foe .
    Deep sting => run => bow attack => tackling slash => run => bow attack b:chuckle

- In pk it's different cause you have first to check out if the target is charmed or not , like you are in stealth you can check it , look if it is fighing mob and look if there is charm tink.
    Don't be close cause you could get caught in an aoe => end of stealth.

=> If uncharmed and you are 59+ : spark + => iner harmony => headhunt => tangling + windshield in auto attack.
    If it's charmed well , have to drag his life around 55/60% then spark+ => inner harmony => powerdash , and use tangking mire + windshield , or Bramble rage and pray a little b:chuckle

If you are 89+ ot would be the same but using 3 spark , but yeah 3 spark put you out of stealth so.. deepi sting first b:chuckle
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't know how to play mid level sin but when you get to 79, get condensed thorn and wait for them to physical marrow. Double spark and nuke em'.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Stretchlt - Harshlands
    Stretchlt - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't know how to play mid level sin but when you get to 79, get condensed thorn and wait for them to physical marrow. Double spark and nuke em'.

Instead of doing all that, I would prefer to just press bramble rage on my genie and el o el at the numbers that pop up. b:chuckle
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Instead of doing all that, I would prefer to just press bramble rage on my genie and el o el at the numbers that pop up. b:chuckle

And then you don't crit or simply do not do enough damage, his charm ticks and your genie is completely empty... Shadow escape? b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    And then you don't crit or simply do not do enough damage, his charm ticks and your genie is completely empty... Shadow escape? b:surrender

You practice enough to be able to pull it off in a second. Unstealth + BR + Stealth -> wait for the CDs and thrash talk for using immunity/CSing/pots if needed. b:chuckle
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    You practice enough to be able to pull it off in a second. Unstealth + BR + Stealth -> wait for the CDs and thrash talk for using immunity/CSing/pots if needed. b:chuckle

lol, yea I know that kind of sins, usually in their 7x or 8x. Love to kill em while they hide in stealth and think nobody can touch em. b:chuckle There's always a bigger fish...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    lol, yea I know that kind of sins, usually in their 7x or 8x. Love to kill em while they hide in stealth and think nobody can touch em. b:chuckle There's always a bigger fish...

It's fun until they get their FCC gold dagger +7 w/ 2x garnet gems... b:cry

Or QQ about 8x uncharmed BM using pots when they are 95+...
  • KVB - Dreamweaver
    KVB - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh cmon, im from a PvE server and even i learned how to deal with HA's..

Easy trick:

maze steps (299 chi) > sleep (249 chi) > inner harmony (399 chi) > demon spark > occult ice > tangling mire/extreme poison > normale hits. If ur unsure about ur occult, use tackling slash before u hit em outa sleep. If they use, say expell (idk if that is the correct spelling), do normale hits for a few seconds, shud get u to about 2sparks, then use rising dragon (350) + wolf emblem just for the extra chi, again sleep > demon + occult

Required?

Aps? well yes, atleast decent aps
    charm? no
    hacks? no b:laugh

NOTE: a genie with high str would be good to increase the chance of occult ice!!
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I dunno why any sin would wanna go up against a barb, but there are some combos
    out there you might use.

Non - 1v1 (like TW or pvp server) :

1. always go stealth

2. make sure you got max chi beforehand

3. use a combo like suggested above

4. if they're charmed : stealth and run like hell.

The main reason why sins exist is not to go up against heavy armor users, but to take out
    all the rest. But even a veno or bm can be taken out quite easily, even higher lvl then yourself.

You need to remember the skills a sin uses : stealth and stunning/sleep. That means taking out whoever runs as AA or stunning the **** out of everything else.

Also, every charm has a cooldown, as soon as it ticks you need to do the most damage BEFORE it can RE-tick again. So the moment their charm ticks is the moment you need to pull out your hardest hitting skill/combo.

P.s. : i find that in TW's sins are best when they stay close to the ones they need to protect : clerics. Everyone always targets clerics unaware (usually) that a sin might pop-up and stunn the **** out of em....and with an instant shadow teleport you can keep that cleric alive.