RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Comments

• Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver51
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver51 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I just had a 100 archer with rank 8 ask if Seat was in aba and on top of that they tp out at the beginning an didn't know how to get back into seat. *double facepalm*

rank 8 deserves better
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you PWI for driving away Jlung and Liberty_ by the way. Harshlands appreciates it. [/extremescarcasm]

So exactly how is this helping the economy again?

The Dragon Points I could understand with all of the bots going around.
    The Twilight Temple was a long shot because it does put a bit of money into the economy, and well all know it.
    Territory War shocked and disgusted me, because despite the coin being put into it, the changes have done absolutely nothing at all to the economy.

But to drive gold prices up to ONE MILLION COINS on Lost City is BEYOND STUPID. And we thought you were giving Cash Shoppers an advantage before?! THIS IS LUDICROUS. It's beyond ANY word that could possibly describe stupidity, selfishness, and absolute greed.

You, PWE, have absolutely gone and ruined this game. I know I've been saying it for years, but this is beyond any of the sh*t you've pulled in the past. Thank you for truly, absolutely, and indefinately spoiling this game.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    +1 to Born_Free
    I am tired of arguing . . so i don't give further explanation . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 8 armour/weapon will be on par with quest reward armour/weapons given in new quests that will come with the new expansion. b:shocked

I'd be pissed if I bought a warsoul for the $20k them 2 or 3 people did, then for it to be worth $3k now o.o I think I'd lose it...

Warsoul with gold price at 900k is still 7451 Gold. The diffrence between warsoul and rank gear is warsoul is still 80% pure coin (19,967 Chip boxs & 6,562,500,000 coin) were as rank is all reputation & chips.

Prices for R8, R9 and warsoul i worked out here becouse i was annoyed at people over exaggerating picking random numbers out the air which were nowere close to the actual cost.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=932492

please note i dont agree with this update, dead is too dramatic (but then again most forum trolls love to overdramatize things) but this is still a slap in the face for alot of there loyal customers who spent thousands on the exact same gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    OMG SERIOUSLY, ATLEAST FIX TT BACK TO NORMAL, AND IF YOU EVEN FIX TT BACK TO NORMAL DO IT WITH OUT NERFING THE GOLD MATT DROP RATE!!!!
    People cant even farm their gears because TT is hard, are the devs ****? omfg seriously, u make the rank gear so easy to get THE END GAME GEAR!!! AND YOU CANT EVEN FIX TT BACK TO NORMAL, GEEZ I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THE HELL YOU GUYS EVEN THINK
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    f2p player pls calm down it also possible for YOU to get rank 8 or even rank 9 for free

I did, and I am free to play. So what? This is not the issue here Zoroaster. The issue is the crippled imbalance of cs and none cs. Now that one side rules the other, the game will only go down from there.

Because of what has happened with the economy, duke shouts and whatever else they have thrown in there it has destroyed many aspects of the game. No it will not kill off the game, but will cripple it, the effects will grow in time and through the power of the internet and big reviewers such as MMOHUT.COM the game will only suffer more. Bare in mind they are not the only free to play game here.

The rank 8 gear is new, therefore people who just brought the gear will have fun with it like all new things. However as time goes on these people will effectively say "ok i'm bored" give a cat some string and he plays with it and gets bored, tease him with the string and he has to work for it. No tt, no luna, no nirvana. What now? This is where the line is crossed and the cash shoppers quit.

The fate of the game then depends on weather the devs are still greedy and selfish or decided to make a stand. I'm no fortune teller but I already know the fate of this game, 5 months from now if this continues.

on a side note, heavy cash shoppers are also angry at these "downgrades" and have quit as a result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    Zoroaster - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    zoroaster .....

it was just a joke b:sleep
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. b:laugh
  • interceptor2
    interceptor2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You know what would've been better if the elitist a$$holes from the large guilds wouldn't always turn their nose up on people trying to learn how to play.

They will not take you on GV/Lunar etc...because you either haven't done it or your gear is too noob for them. I was in more than one large guild with some of my characters and those top players always always always were too stuck up.

Example:
    Anyone up for GV?
    Have you ever been?
    No
    Well then no you noob.

Example:
    Looking for nirvana squad?
    Whats your aps?
    I'm blah blah blah
    ROTFL....noob

Oh and whats the difference between you **** duping items or the rank 8 sale. Oh thats right at least we still gotta pay something. People shouldt run around with a different +10 - 12 gear everyday. Or sell 10000 of a mats that drops only from a summon bot boss....ijs

Replies are welcome but i'll probably never some back to this thread.
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    i know this sell isnt fair but maybe just maybe there are also ppl who made money with 2xdrop and can buy r8 now so they are realy happy now cause they can pay it. earlier only a hugh cser could buy the r8 with tokens.
    (\__/)
  • Tanglewood - Raging Tide
    Tanglewood - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it's not like they completely removed getting R8 the old way, they just made it easier. It's not like getting the r9 equipment isnt' still diffiuclt. The only thing that was made easy was getting rep and lets be honest in the past unless you CS'd that was the only practical way of getting it.

Now R8 is achieveable in a practial manner (can grind for wraith badges or buy them). The only issue i have w/ PWE is TW which needs to be fixed. I dont see the big deal about this rep sell. How many ppl had r8 and didnt cash shop it before the update? the medals needed for r9 gear you have to buy w/ DQ points (or do TW i believe).

The bugs need to be fixed in the true, however if you enjoy playing the game then play it. Dont need to Cash Shop to play the game at all. However if you want to compete with players that spend 2000 bucks a month in the game on an even playing field your sorely mistaken.

This game is being built for Casual players people who have jobs and come and play here and dont mind spending a small amount of cash for a game they like to play. If your more hardcore and spend 8hrs+ playing the game your better of w/ a subscription based game that does have a level playing field.

The game is still the same as it was when it was first released w/ a few new additions. The only reason you all feel the game is dead because you feel the need to always have the newest best gear that comes out in order to be considered "good". This game is only able to have updates and continue running because of the players that pay money. If you've played this game for 3-4 months and you like it but you havnet purchased any zen and you get on forums and complain you have no right imo to say squat. What right do you have to say anything and you havent supported the game that you play?

Just like saying you like something but dont want to pay for it.
  • Aedryel - Sanctuary
    Aedryel - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain..

I think those who have !bought! Rank 8 back then are the ones who are really upset xD
    Since it costs like 1/8 as it did before

In my opinion this reputation sellout was about time, so now non cash-shoppers can play almost with equal chances.....till the Rank 9ers flood the servers...
    APS = Absolute Poorly Skilled
  • Mr_B - Dreamweaver
    Mr_B - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hello all
    How about you all stop moaning,
    The game is free there is no one making any of you spend cash.
    If you want to spend cash thats up to you if you dont thats good too,
    People will play the game how ever they see fit and moaning about it wont solve anything.
    Just play the game how you want and enjoy it remember this game is free you dont have to spend money,so its no buisness of anyones how anyone else plays.
  • Uriah - Raging Tide
    Uriah - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    true whoever bought R8 before, and ppld current lunar weps drops to like nothing worth.. so wasted...

but atleast this sale good for 1 thing. most players able archieve R8. means more equal on the TW field, noobs wont QQ by having no good wep atleast.to me its more balanced as R8 is kinda endgame, so more f2p players can keep up.

QQme now has a barb with Rank 9 loaded with Jades of Steady Defense. He already had 20k HP. So tell me how this makes things even on the TW field? It would take 3 squads, Rank 8 or not, to take him down.
    All this did was put further rifts between the P4F players, the CSers, and the really heavy CSers.
    My Rank 8 was 600,000,000 coins and endless farming of rep. And a week after I achieve my goal, it's handed to everyone for a mere $72.
    So tell me why I should stick around to see how much fun this game is going to be? Is PWE going to do something to make it up to me? No, they're not. They'll pocket the money as they walk away grinning.
    Even if they add new end-game content, you'll have to dump hundreds of dollars into the game to be able to get it. The level of greed has reached a repulsive level.
    And someone saying people should just leave if they don't like it and stop QQing...Well, it's natural to QQ when you feel like you've been scammed out of your money and time.
    The spirit of this game is gone. It isn't adventurous and fun. It isn't competitive. It is merely a matter of who can spend the most money.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hello all
    How about you all stop moaning,
    The game is free there is no one making any of you spend cash.
    If you want to spend cash thats up to you if you dont thats good too,
    People will play the game how ever they see fit and moaning about it wont solve anything.
    Just play the game how you want and enjoy it remember this game is free you dont have to spend money,so its no buisness of anyones how anyone else plays.

Hope you keep thinking like that when you reach 100 b:cute
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    QQme now has a barb with Rank 9 loaded with Jades of Steady Defense. He already had 20k HP. So tell me how this makes things even on the TW field? It would take 3 squads, Rank 8 or not, to take him down.
    All this did was put further rifts between the P4F players, the CSers, and the really heavy CSers.
    My Rank 8 was 600,000,000 coins and endless farming of rep. And a week after I achieve my goal, it's handed to everyone for a mere $72.
    So tell me why I should stick around to see how much fun this game is going to be? Is PWE going to do something to make it up to me? No, they're not. They'll pocket the money as they walk away grinning.
    Even if they add new end-game content, you'll have to dump hundreds of dollars into the game to be able to get it. The level of greed has reached a repulsive level.
    And someone saying people should just leave if they don't like it and stop QQing...Well, it's natural to QQ when you feel like you've been scammed out of your money and time.
    The spirit of this game is gone. It isn't adventurous and fun. It isn't competitive. It is merely a matter of who can spend the most money.

You should stick around for Rank 10, 11 and 12!! They will probably show up after sales to get to Rank 9 die down enough to warrant another crazy sale.

I just don't understand why anyone would buy rep anyway. IMO rep is something you earn not pay for. What sense of pride comes from purchasing a level or rank? Maybe it's just me but one reason I play games like this to to feel I have accomplished something that was not easy and required time and effort.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    any sense of achievement on this game died out a year ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Personally I took advantage and got my archer alt r8 but that's it until more info is forth coming about the new expansion and any new gear that is rumoured to have ( g13/g16 ).
    Knowing PWI I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just an attempt to grab people's money before better gear come's out in a month or two's time.

I can imagine a few people feeling they have had their fingers burnt come the new expansion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I loved the was frankie said people will simply sell there gear how the hell can i do that when u make tt99 bound my helm bound nivan weapon bound only thing i could sell is my tomb so unless you plan to make tt99 gold and event helm and nivana armor and weapon unbound im fcked....after finally geting nivana weapon+12 never mind the farming needed to get 100 raps some nub can go get rank 8 dagger that are almost as good for next to nothing.
    Theres no point farming TT as people now just get ranks 8 armor nivana is pointless might aswell get rank 8 weapon and refine the *** out of it.no point getting 3* or mold from fbs as they are not worth 30k coin might aswell npc them....so how can we make coin now????nobody want to buy anyhting due to rank 8 is good enough the one thing in game i wanted was 200k rep for the rank 8 int top was a goal something to reach for then booom 10 mins got it but so did every other player on the server great just great.
    If someone has not put alot into there gear i.e couldnt afford to refine the chit out of there gear id go get all rank 8 gear or at least the weapon lose the -1 int but it has hi dmg more than enough to easy kill people or bosses....so i say again thx pwi for making my goal of +12 nivi weapon come true then chitting on me from a great hight...
    p.s unbind all my gear so i can do what u suggested and sell them :-)
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Getting rank gear is cheaper than nirvana, waaay cheaper (including TT99 set to make the nirvana gear).

That is the whole point of our so stupidly called "QQ".

If you people did not make it, then you naturally don't care about it, but if you had finally your nirvana or your hardly earned rank gear. You would be maaad :]

Saying people QQ because of this is just stupid. Meaning people saying it are stupid for backing up what PWE has done.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well it seems that everyone gets mad for no reason they may make rank 9 weak b:laugh
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Getting rank gear is cheaper than nirvana, waaay cheaper (including TT99 set to make the nirvana gear).

If you people did not make it, then you naturally don't care about it, but if you had finally your nirvana or your hardly earned rank gear. You would be maaad :]

Saying people QQ because of this is just stupid. Meaning people saying it are stupid for backing up what PWE has done.

dont see the point the QQ if u got it for free.

the only ppl that should be QQing is if they spent hundreds to thousands of rl $$$ to get it. and if thats the case then they just did it to themselves for paying the price of a topline gaming computer/50 inch HDTV for a few armor peices and a weapon that eventually will be devalued anyway if any kind of rank 10 or rank 11 armor comes out.
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    dont see the point the QQ if u got it for free.

the only ppl that should be QQing is if they spent hundreds to thousands of rl $$$ to get it. and if thats the case then they just did it to themselves for paying the price of a topline gaming computer/50 inch HDTV for a few armor peices and a weapon that eventually will be devalued anyway if any kind of rank 10 or rank 11 armor comes out.

you should just stop to post. your comments are very dumb seriously ppl are upset and all you do is make it even worst with your comments.

we got it you love this game b:victoryb:bye
    (\__/)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    you should just stop to post. your comments are very dumb seriously ppl are upset and all you do is make it even worst with your comments.

we got it you love this game b:victoryb:bye

+1
    Totally agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yea so the game is cool raging is not its that simple
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you've played this game for 3-4 months and you like it but you havnet purchased any zen and you get on forums and complain you have no right imo to say squat. What right do you have to say anything and you havent supported the game that you play?

Just like saying you like something but dont want to pay for it.

who the **** do you think buys all the cash shoppers gold in the AH tht makes them wnt to buy more to sell o thts right us free to play players so **** we have every right becus with out us buying tht gold there would be less of a reason for the cash shoppers to get gold so gtfob:byeb:angry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Yea so the game is cool raging is not its that simple

pm me in game with your location i will show you some love b:laugh your actually lucky cause ppl like you couldnt lvl at all there was no fc or instance lvling so we camped ppl like you till they called us names and treated us with calling their lawyer b:chuckle

thats why the game is dead cause ppl like you dont need to leave sz at all for lvling and that on a pvp server.when you reach higher lvl you will understand why ppl are complaining. till then just be quiet and go lvl and "enjoy" your lovely game

btw keep kissing GM asses maybe they send you some free stuff b:victory
    (\__/)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Strangely, I don't care.

While I didn't have Rank 8, I was one of the first handful of ppl to have TT100 fists on HT. I worked my *** off for them doing Nirvana/3-3/merchanting, got lucky making 2 socket Deicide, and re-selling those, and now that everyone and their mother now has TT100 fists, I still don't care. Faster Nirvana/FF runs for me, i.e. faster profit. Win/win. I don't agree at all with this bull**** of exclusivity being an accomplishment as a perpetual thing. The e-peen braggart portion of this is you got to have it earlier than others. That's it.

The only thing that's changing is more people have access to such gear. Any person that got this gear earlier than others by means of farming/cash shopping, it does not erase their accomplishment. This is how everything works not just in PWI but every large F2P MMORPG. They want to set the bar higher, and thus it becomes easier to get what was once extraordinarily hard, because they want people to farm new ****.

What people on the forums are getting irate at and coming to a revelation of is called "business". We just had a CS free sin make it to 105 with gears I probably won't ever have. By your logic, if PWI releases a new type of hyper or a new XP instance, their accomplishments will be rendered moot just because they spent longer getting that level, at an earlier time. Terrible logic that ignores the ways obsolescence works in any market, never mind F2P MMORPG's.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yea, so the game is cool, raging is not, its that simple.

/fixed with punctuation

please learn to use it or it makes you look BR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Strangely, I don't care.

While I didn't have Rank 8, I was one of the first handful of ppl to have TT100 fists on HT. I worked my *** off for them doing Nirvana/3-3/merchanting, got lucky making 2 socket Deicide, and re-selling those, and now that everyone and their mother now has TT100 fists, I still don't care. Faster Nirvana/FF runs for me, i.e. faster profit. Win/win. I don't agree at all with this bull**** of exclusivity being an accomplishment as a perpetual thing. The e-peen braggart portion of this is you got to have it earlier than others. That's it.

The only thing that's changing is more people have access to such gear. Any person that got this gear earlier than others by means of farming/cash shopping, it does not erase their accomplishment. This is how everything works not just in PWI but every large F2P MMORPG. They want to set the bar higher, and thus it becomes easier to get what was once extraordinarily hard, because they want people to farm new ****.

What people on the forums are getting irate at and coming to a revelation of is called "business". We just had a CS free sin make it to 105 with gears I probably won't ever have. By your logic, if PWI releases a new type of hyper or a new XP instance, their accomplishments will be rendered moot just because they spent longer getting that level, at an earlier time. Terrible logic that ignores the ways obsolescence works in any market, never mind F2P MMORPG's.

i like your mentality even if i dont agree with u with somethings all the time. you still have the item you works so hard to get and u should cherish it.
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lutirica - Harshlands
    Yea, so the game is cool, raging is not, its that simple.
    /fixed with punctuation

please learn to use it or it makes you look BR.

If you're going to do nothing but nitpick people's grammer mistakes, AT LEAST DO IT RIGHT.

Yea, so the game is cool. Raging is not, it's that simple.

sheesh b:surrender Where do kids go to school these days.....
This discussion has been closed.