What can a lvl 90 barb solo tank?

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
i was wondering what i can and cant tank as a lvl 90 barb alone with no heals.

to my great surprise i was able to solo eyes of krimson beyond. which im finding hard to belive even after doing it. and i was wondering, what else should i be able to do?

i did slither and krimson

havent tried DoD, mantavip, slitt or bosses in fb 51 or 59 alone yet.

im pretty sure i can do fb 51 but fb59 im not sure about becuase of the magic attacks
ill post my gear in a sec

Edit: gear here
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f2b7abff2490fff5
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm only 93 with decent gear and I can solo 51. Haven't tried 59 because I know the magic will kill me. b:surrender

I solo'd Jewel the other day. You should be able to do that too. As far as other bosses, I haven't tried any other ones around that level. I normally only kill bosses when a lower level is asking for it.

EDIT: We have almost the same gear, so let me know what else you try. I'm always down for solo'ing stuff.
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hmm u should be able to do quite a few actually!! dod should be easy kill with no heal for ub:laugh

im not sure if its possible with ur gear but my sage barb is slightly better geared than u and i only have 17255 hp in tiger and i can solo silverfrosst with no charm ticks i do cheat though and used lvl 30 claw at 2.22 aps to get chi faster then spark and beat the **** out him just to make it go faster although im very capable of doin the whole thing in tiger wiht no ticks and a few hp food & ToP

Atm i can tank whole fcc wiht no cleric with only abt 7-9 charm ticks but surly max ticks is only 10 with a decent squad.( most of ur ticks come from the boss right after xp room cause of his debuff) i have also done it once with no charm and died 3 time through out the whole run, but still do able hehe

if i am soloing fcc(just me no help at all) then its **** my charm abt atleast 1/3 my plat charm ( but this varies though depending on how much hp food/ apoth/ arma/ spark I use/do) this is not including dragons though cause soloing fcc wiht a barb sure as hell takes a **** load of time heheb:chuckle and by the time u hits dragons normally time runs out unless ur a 5.0 barb

So to answer ur question , pretty much anything is possible to solo with a 90+ barb :P so just keep trying/ experimenting!! only problems r;-
    1. time - takes too long, if u want it to go fast go 4.0/5.0 fists
    2. expensive - pots, apoth, hp food, charm, and reppair
    3. Exp - need to know how to play ur char and stay alive ( good place to practice be a cata barb in tw )
    4. The Goods - Decent hp/ gear/refine/ magic def
    5. Need good genie with survival support skills(eg. ToP, Sold shield, True emptyness)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pathetick - Archosaur
    Pathetick - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm certain people will complain that i'm an idiot... but here is my two cents.

My gear is similar to yours so you should be able to do anything i can do.

Krimson is the last boss i was able to solo without using pots or genie juice.

with hp food and genie I was able to solo the 79 bosses and it only took me 8789675 years.
    FC should be tankable without outside healing for you as long as you are willing to burn hp food and genie at a pretty annoying rate.

so that is pretty much where I drew the line for self tankable.

Here is the part that makes everybody angry.

Best thing i found i could solo with no genie and no hp food was single mode tt. you should be able to run single mode tt up to 2-3 without spending a dime on healing. A run takes about 30 minutes and usual reward is 5 mirages and one tt mat.

Not the best profit for farming but it is pretty good. and best of all nobody complains that you get first pick when you solo a tt.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lots. :D

I've been trial and error solo'ing things myself. Mostly the things you named but I can also do Manatvip Spike or w/e that guys name is Nightspike Bloodguard? Haha.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm certain people will complain that i'm an idiot... but here is my two cents.

My gear is similar to yours so you should be able to do anything i can do.

Krimson is the last boss i was able to solo without using pots or genie juice.

with hp food and genie I was able to solo the 79 bosses and it only took me 8789675 years.
    FC should be tankable without outside healing for you as long as you are willing to burn hp food and genie at a pretty annoying rate.

so that is pretty much where I drew the line for self tankable.

Here is the part that makes everybody angry.

Best thing i found i could solo with no genie and no hp food was single mode tt. you should be able to run single mode tt up to 2-3 without spending a dime on healing. A run takes about 30 minutes and usual reward is 5 mirages and one tt mat.

Not the best profit for farming but it is pretty good. and best of all nobody complains that you get first pick when you solo a tt.

So ur saying i can do up to tt2-3 single mode and below with just sunder for heals?
    and no hp food? that sounds nice. i can do with some mirages
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.