Classes for all races

gaza1098
gaza1098 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Suggestion Box
Something I think would make PWI better would be if all the classes were available for all the races, like a human archer or a tideborn blademaster, I just think this would make the game feel less limited.

Maybye not ALL classes for every race, like I don't think an elf blademaster would work too well but I think sharing the classes around abit would improve the game.
Post edited by gaza1098 on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Think of how OP this would be: a cleric/veno(nix)/sin w/5att/sec.

I don't think this would be a good idea at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I like this idea...(A game that I'm not going to mention and also currently play) has something like this. They also made each race have certain buffs(like extra damage with certain weapons) and weaknesses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Think of how OP this would be: a cleric/veno(nix)/sin w/5att/sec.

I don't think this would be a good idea at all.

Um, I think you're misunderstanding what the OP is saying. He's saying that he wants to be able to make an Elf that is a Blademaster. That would mean it looks like an elf, comes from Plume and has all the BM skills but none of the elven skills. Not that you could pick multiple classes.

However, it's not possible. It goes against all of the in-game lore. The reason Barbarians and Venomancers can transform is because they were originally animals, it wouldn't make sense for an Elf to be able to transform into a Tiger. For the same reason, humans don't have wings but flying swords, as they were not born with wings on their back.

And even if they re-wrote the lore to make it possible, they'd have to re-write the rewards for all quests below level 19, because those are race specific.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Taiako - Dreamweaver
    Taiako - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Maybe just new classes that aren't race-specific? Like magic knight or rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Like FW? lol

I like PWI the way it is :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Like FW? lol

I like PWI the way it is :)

Kinda but what gaza1098 mean is all race free to pick the class they want to be, but there no sub class. (or combining skills)
    But like what Olbaze said it goes again game lore, expect there an expansion containing lore to allow these to happen. Like on future after genesis, each race citizen now more open to each other. And ended up with classes not become exclusive to certain race.

So elves blademaster, untamed cleric, wizard tideborn, can be seen around.
    Though there must be something racial that keep them different, so it not just become looks difference but exactly same inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • drboblolz
    drboblolz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is a kinda useless thread as each race has a warrior and a caster class (exception being the winged elves).
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    drboblolz wrote: »
    This is a kinda useless thread as each race has a warrior and a caster class (exception being the winged elves).

Nice necro :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • drboblolz
    drboblolz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nice necro :)

It's what i do ^^
  • tehiro
    tehiro Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i think a few classes that aren't race specific is a fine idea, personally i would love to play as a support class without having to be the team medic, or maybe a light armored class that isn't made just for dding.
    specifically i would like a thief class, someone who has a skill to steal agro or shift the agro onto other players (help that barb hold the attention or rescue that cleric that just heal agroed), or maybe something to help clerics and wizzy from popping potions like M&M's.
    how about an alchemist class, in keeping with the Chinese theme, to heal mp and provide powerful active buffs and usefull passive buffs. heck why not a bard even. i'm talking the less glorious professions that desperation against the wraiths has brought to the forefronts. from the back alleys and street corners all of the members of the different races that didn't become one of the glorious race specific proffesions but became something less in keeping with fighting or staying on the right side of the law.