RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Comments

• Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In one of the 50 threads that've popped up since "they broke the game"..... I'm not gonna go look lol... I know it's at least 2.... since others on other server reported gold HITTING 2 mil. Never saw it go past 1.5 in HT but that's bad enough.....
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if you wanted to make rep easier to get let them drop in fbs past 59 then.

if you wanted to make rep easier let BH give some rep too.

if you wanted to make rep easier let it drop more often in wraith attacks.

if you wanted to make rep easier set off the atk on arch more often.

It used to.. I spend countless and countless hours in fb89 and 99 helping friends farm 8jun on MY.

Rep is still easily obtainable in game... without buying it from the cash shop. Problem is.. most of the ppl on PWI are too lazy.. or not skilled enough.. or have knowledge about all the features already built into the game... the Trophy Modes have farmed many 6,7, 8th rank players on the MY server.. and on the china server. So.. why not here? Ppl are lazy... and its easier for them to just buy it.

if the problem was that things were hard to obtain why did u break TT.

Now.. with 8jun gears, ppl that said that they're gears arent sufficient to farm HH.. can. Im guessing that most will still be lazy and not do it.. and still complain its too hard.
    if you wanted to make rep easier bring back the old mat FC and lat the bosses drop wraith badges.

Old FC never dropped rep... it was painstakenly hard.. and with a team of 8jun +12, it still took 14 hour to complete it... and .. not have farmed enough mats to make any gear.
    if you wanted to make rep easier let some drop from all those random minibosses that wander serving no purpose.

if you wanted you thought that the coin and chip cost was so expensive why not just lower the coin and chip cost a little

if you wanted to serve your customers better renegotiate your contract and get control of the game you claim to run.

this is private server ****. a CC and a saturday of clicking and you have top rank gear.

Rep was (and still is) easily farmable... the issues is more like this.. People cry and complain at how expensive it for rank8... Yet.. very few on this server actually farmed rep by doing trophy modes. Its pretty easy.. in fact.. I remember the first few days of learning how to run the course in 99 heaven properly.. my archer had gained 20k rep.

People will cry and complain about everything.... "Its too hard".. "Its too expensive"... You cant please all the people all of the time... and.. for those ppl that cry about things just for the sake for crying... Do everyone else that is happy with the changes a favor and. just quit already.
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Been with this game since it was P2P,

And to be honest, the game was at its best when TT99 was still the best gear, new classes are nice, new area's and dungeons 2.

Maybe even new gear,

But tokens? and now this...? (supposed to be compensation?)

Make it drop from mobs, make it so that Rep comes from mobs, 10 mobs 1 Rep. stuff like that...

This? This is just a poor attempt 2 compensate for your failure to predict the market.
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    quiv wrote: »
    It used to.. I spend countless and countless hours in fb89 and 99 helping friends farm 8jun on MY.

Rep is still easily obtainable in game... without buying it from the cash shop. Problem is.. most of the ppl on PWI are too lazy.. or not skilled enough.. or have knowledge about all the features already built into the game... the Trophy Modes have farmed many 6,7, 8th rank players on the MY server.. and on the china server. So.. why not here? Ppl are lazy... and its easier for them to just buy it.

Now.. with 8jun gears, ppl that said that they're gears arent sufficient to farm HH.. can. Im guessing that most will still be lazy and not do it.. and still complain its too hard.

Old FC never dropped rep... it was painstakenly hard.. and with a team of 8jun +12, it still took 14 hour to complete it... and .. not have farmed enough mats to make any gear.

Rep was (and still is) easily farmable... the issues is more like this.. People cry and complain at how expensive it for rank8... Yet.. very few on this server actually farmed rep by doing trophy modes. Its pretty easy.. in fact.. I remember the first few days of learning how to run the course in 99 heaven properly.. my archer had gained 20k rep.

People will cry and complain about everything.... "Its too hard".. "Its too expensive"... You cant please all the people all of the time... and.. for those ppl that cry about things just for the sake for crying... Do everyone else that is happy with the changes a favor and. just quit already.

I think you COMPLETELY missed the point of the poster..., thw whole thread and issue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yep, not to mention.... THIS ISN'T PW-MY! stop using terms from THAT GAME. There is no 8jun, HH... blah blah blah. half the people on here don't know wtf you're talking about genius. Hell (and dont' laugh) i jsut found out wth HH was a month ago.... b:surrender

YES we know we can still farm rep in-game if we want, COMPLETELY not the point.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

b:shocked . . . facepalm . . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010

actually i would like to go do trophy modes. I want an int cape for my bm and sin. but noone else seems to want to bother i just keep getting ppl saying nah i'm just gonna save and buy a wing trophy. I'd farm rep in there but they just say lvling is so easy get 100 and do bh for the rep.

I know fc never dropped rep and i wasnt saying it should I was just basically spamming better ideas then what they did in response to the reasons frankie gave.

I planned to farm the rep for my sin to have the rank int chest at 60.

I'd like to run TTs again but noone seems to do that anymore.

I would like to be able to do what you are saying i am too lazy to do. but i cant do it solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've been trying to remain calm since the only thing that was affecting me was the insane gold prices. However, them Rank 8 equipments is falling on the hands of complete, incompetent, morons. This sounds a bit harsh, but it's the ******n truth. There are times that some runs go bad for whatever reason, but Mr. I Cash Shopped Rank 8 felt triple awesome and dragged out a simple Bounty Hunt past the hour.

And some thingies and whatnot about people talking about rank stuff for over 48 HOURS is making it somewhat unpleasant to stay logged on for at least a slightly moderate amount of time.

This is me... signing off.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow. I quit three months ago or something and wow. This BLOWS. Literally. I'm sorry for people who still gave this game a chance. If you want real F2P, pay for mini-bonus (funny joke gears, fashion, extra storage), try out Vindictus. Oh, **** I guess I just broke like three rules... sorry I forgot I was back... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What I see in the community is:

Game originally came with hard dungeons and bosses which took ages to kill, and I'm sure that more than 1 ppl complained on that, developers give you a new race (tideborns) and with it a way to finish dungeons faster and you complain too.

They raises the dungeon's difficult and ppl complain for that too

People complains on how hard it is to get rank 8 and or 9 equipment, GMs offer you a way to easily get them and you complain on that too.

So WHAT THE HECK YOU WANT TO STOP COMPLAINING???. I supose there's no way to keep every single player happy with a game (you can never please everyone) there will alway be someone who doesn't like this or that. But to keep QQing again and again on the same thing looks just stupid!. When I wanna change a game, I start by sending a ticket to GMs with my suggestions, I barely use forums for this.

Me, I'm pretty happy with most of the things of this game, and those that are bad, I hope that they will fix it over time. And if some day I really don't like the changes the game does and find no reason to play it anymore, I won't complain, I will just move on and play any other game, just as I did with the game I was playing before comming here. I recommend all other players to don't complicate your own lives with this and do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison.
    False and untrue. Did you ever played games like Guild Wars?

The main problem currently is not R8 or 9 gears. It's the insane price at which gold had soared.

Question : before, there was a price limit of 1.000.000 at which it was possible to sell gold. Why did you removed it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Question : before, there was a price limit of 1.000.000 at which it was possible to sell gold. Why did you removed it?

The answer would most likely be due to the gaming culture differences between here and China, the Chinese players demanded the limit to be removed so they could raise the price.

(This reply was a little trollish, but it felt good.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    WHAT THE HECK YOU WANT TO STOP COMPLAINING???

Atm, there's lots of things that the community wants, but as we see with all of the changes being made, and many contradicting statements, most people here are done. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    False and untrue. Did you ever played games like Guild Wars?

The main problem currently is not R8 or 9 gears. It's the insane price at which gold had soared.

to make buying gold more powerful by comparison, aren't you paying attention?

the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful currency is constantly made available, rendering older currency less powerful by comparison.

-or-

the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly available in the cash shop, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison.

however through evolution, something can never escape its origins, so just as humans retain vestigial tails and appendix without a current biological need because their ancient ancestors had these characteristics, so shall PWI retain skill glitching, Rebirth glitching, getting cubed out of warsong, and of course rubber bands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly available in the cash shop, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison.

the problem is they doing it way too fast . . too fast . . too fast . . too fast . .

it totally obviously a decision of rushed income needs with game development as it's outer skin . . (i know my english bad)

the problem is they doing it way too fast . . too fast . . too fast . . too fast . .
    to shocking . . too fast . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Djavulen - Dreamweaver
    Djavulen - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They maybe did a sale on rank 8 bc they going to release a new expansion with better farmable weapons and armors.

And rank8 balance the game little bc now can magic class do more dmg and squad need us more. Before sale everyone only wanted 5aps classes :(
    Now they maybe want magic classes in the new high lvl dungeons. Gold price going down btw when they stop the sale (if they do it).

But they should have done rank 8 little like rank9 there you cant get it with only rank.

Sorry for bad english
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Atm, there's lots of things that the community wants, but as we see with all of the changes being made, and many contradicting statements, most people here are done. (correct me if I'm wrong)

You're right, if you mean that most of people in forums are done with the game, but there are too many ppl playing in game yet to say that the game is dead. I find ppl who have that "this game is dead" sign pretty ridiculous, all they are doing is to cry non stop like babys, why don't just go play a different game and stop looking ridiculous to others? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    true whoever bought R8 before, and ppld current lunar weps drops to like nothing worth.. so wasted...

but atleast this sale good for 1 thing. most players able archieve R8. means more equal on the TW field, noobs wont QQ by having no good wep atleast.to me its more balanced as R8 is kinda endgame, so more f2p players can keep up.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    most of people in forum are done with the game, but there are too many ppl playing in game yet to say that the game is dead. I find ppl who have that "this game is dead" sign pretty ridiculous

Exactly, there's no point saying the game is dead, when it is very apparent that it isn't. Either leave and keep talking about other games, or suck it up, move on, and wait for the next disappointment/benefit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Being as people mostly only come to forums to complain and as long as here means forums your right. If you mean PWI as a whole then your wrong. All the QQers saying they quit. I honestly have not seen any noticeable decrease in people in RT. Not seen much complaining on RT either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Now I`ll ask others to do same sort of research I`m doing, granted I`m nowhere finished with mine. I`ve made a poll in my faction regarding who goes for rank8/9, to get some actual numbers to this discussion, I dislike statements like "everybody has r8 now" without actually taking some numbers up.

I hoped my research would be going faster soo I`m asking others to do the same, to collect more data to draw some conclusion on the real numbers. I myself forgot 1 option on the poll I made "Going rank8/9 on alt". But my data is rather flawed atm, hopefully we can gather plans of like 5 factions, where ~50% has answered the poll.

You going for rank 8/9?

1. No, it`s too expensive for me (1 votes - 6%)

2. No, I dislike how PWI implented it for 72 gold on last patch (0 votes - 0%)

3. No, I`m satisfied with my current gear (1 votes - 6%)

4. Yes, I`m going for rank 8 (7 votes - 46%)

5. Yes, I got rank 8 but not going for rank9 (4 votes - 26%)

6. Yes, I got rank 8 and going for rank9 (1 votes - 6%)

7. Yes, already got rank9 (1 votes - 6%)

Total Votes: 15

There`s roughly 10% of our numbers, still with those numbers on poll, that is actually close to 10% of going to rank8/9. With that high numbers on that poll, I`m assuming 30%+ of our real numbers going for R8/9. The ones who spend money on game are usually more active than the ones who dont, still I`m confident on my estimate so far.

I have alt on smaller faction that still does TW, I havent heard anybody going for rank8/9 there, which really proves the point of some people, big factions getting major boost when smaller ones, not so much. I mysef try not to have opinion on the matter but try to discuss matter objectively, I hope it`s possible on these forums. But I`ll see if my numbers interest anybody or if I keep my research as my own kowledge, I find it pointless to flood results here if nobody cares about em, I myself still complete it as far as I can, I`m interested to see how it turns out.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    more f2p players can keep up.

Because for most f2p players 72m is so farmable. I have friends who have difficulty farming out 72m even with raptures at 2.4m, uncannies at 700, the price before the update and when Nirvana crashed.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Being as people mostly only come to forums to complain and as long as here means forums your right. If you mean PWI as a whole then your wrong. All the QQers saying they quit. I honestly have not seen any noticeable decrease in people in RT. Not seen much complaining on RT either.
    What i mean is exacally what Noskrad pointed out:

most of people in forum are done with the game, but there are too many ppl playing in game yet to say that the game is dead.

And your right, because people in-game may not know about these forums, and are thus uninformed about the changes in the game, they just play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    actually i would like to go do trophy modes. I want an int cape for my bm and sin. but noone else seems to want to bother i just keep getting ppl saying nah i'm just gonna save and buy a wing trophy. I'd farm rep in there but they just say lvling is so easy get 100 and do bh for the rep.

I planned to farm the rep for my sin to have the rank int chest at 60.

I'd like to run TTs again but noone seems to do that anymore.

I would like to be able to do what you are saying i am too lazy to do. but i cant do it solo.

No... you cant do it solo.. So.. what u need to do, is find other people that arent lazy, and want to do those things... however.. might be a challenge..lol

It is alot more rewarding knowing that you "beat" Trophy Mode to farm your cloak *actually EARNING it ~ not buying from catshop or getting lucky from pack* Is too bad your not on HL... Myself and others that have migrated from a truely dead server (MY), a few months back.. are just about ready to start farming here... I had to roll my own BM since, we couldnt find anyone that was.. well suitable to do the job in Trophy Mode :D so just need to get him lvl'd up some more :D

Im glad u understood and have seen for yourself by what i mean by "lazy" ppl on PWI. (the others seemed to have missed my point)

Im very lucky to have people in my guild on HL that are either from the MY server, or are PWI born and raised that want to learn and do these things, it pleases me immensely. Even if you dont need to farm rep or cloaks, you can get exp or molders/pots.. etc... but.. its SOOO much fun :D
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ok.... so Yay! everyone can get rank 8 or 9 just by charging their credit card.... but what happens to the players that - DO NOT WANT RANK 8- 9- What happens to the players that actually -WANT TO SPEND TIME FARMING TT/LUNAR/NIRVANA-

Yea, thanks alot..... we still get screwed over.
    >.<
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    not reading 200 posts.....

if you wanted to make rep easier to get let them drop in fbs past 59 then.

if you wanted to make rep easier let BH give some rep too.

if you wanted to make rep easier let it drop more often in wraith attacks.

if you wanted to make rep easier set off the atk on arch more often.

if the problem was that things were hard to obtain why did u break TT.

if you wanted to make rep easier bring back the old mat FC and lat the bosses drop wraith badges.

if you wanted to make rep easier let some drop from all those random minibosses that wander serving no purpose.

if you wanted you thought that the coin and chip cost was so expensive why not just lower the coin and chip cost a little

if you wanted to serve your customers better renegotiate your contract and get control of the game you claim to run.

this is private server ****. a CC and a saturday of clicking and you have top rank gear.

at this point rank 9 is LESS expensive then a frickin herc. i spent alot of time while eating lunch at work doing surveys to get herc so I could farm my TT gear. then you break 3x cuz high lvls thought it was too easy and boring making that not feasible now your saying the top lvl gear is too hard so you're putting it in the cash shop. these 2 things contradict each other.

well....i'll see a bunch of you in GW2 i bet

GMs have no control over anything u just said. thats the job of the devs and the devs are not going to change that because some versions of PW (china) have no problem with rep. its the western version that fails at grinding (only 1 lvl 105 even tho PWI has been out for over 2 years) and ALOT of ppl are to lazy to farm for rank 8 so they ALWAYS go for the easier gear even tho that gear is inferior in every way (nirvana/TT99)

so bottom line is the community of PWI is lazy. if they were already a large amount of rank 8 and rank 9 gear in the game then this sale would have never happened. this version is so far behind other versions like china that its pitiful.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so bottom line is the community of PWI is lazy. if they were already a large amount of rank 8 and rank 9 gear in the game then this sale would have never happened.

First off, I want to take this opportunity to call bull****. PWI will do anything for money.

Secondly, there are quite a few Rank 8 players. Yeah it's still pretty special and rare. Does everybody really have to get rank 8? Was there some quota we weren't meeting?

Thirdly, Rank 9 just came out recently, that's why nobody has it yet. They didn't even give us an opportunity to work for it.

Just because something was exclusive and limited doesn't mean you have to make it available for everybody.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First off, I want to take this opportunity to call bull****. PWI will do anything for money.

Secondly, there are quite a few Rank 8 players. Yeah it's still pretty special and rare. Does everybody really have to get rank 8? Was there some quota we weren't meeting?

Thirdly, Rank 9 just came out recently, that's why nobody has it yet. They didn't even give us an opportunity to work for it.

Just because something was exclusive and limited doesn't mean you have to make it available for everybody.

just to prove a point, how many Rank 8s and rank 9s are in RT. and how many lvl 105s are in the game.

before this sale i was able to count on hand how many rank 8s were in HT.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    just to prove a point, how many Rank 8s and rank 9s are in RT.

I didn't count, but when I quit months and months ago, there were at least 20 Rank 8 players.

And RT is kinda dead anyway.

So yeah.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    just to prove a point, how many Rank 8s and rank 9s are in RT. and how many lvl 105s are in the game.

before this sale i was able to count on hand how many rank 8s were in HT.

You have more than five fingers on one hand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.