RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Options

Comments

• Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Moving forward is one thing but every now and agian ur shoelace comes untied.When this happens u can stop take some time to tie it back up or like pwe seems to be doing jsut charge forward ignoring teh problem till it cause u to fall on ur face and bust ur nose.PWI is in trouble instead of focusing on the issues and solving them ur covering other them with new shiny things in an effort to distract us please find a way to restore pwi back to its former glory before its to late.I really do love this game but all the ppl i know are quiting it :(.

Exactly. Instead of fixing real issues in this game, PWE is instead creating more problems and telling everyone:

"Hey, everybody! We have a new expansion coming up! Lets ignore all the problems and look forward to that instead!"
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what part of your reply talks about gold selling for millions Franko? oh thats right it was all BS, Bs , Bs..
    b:bye
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FYI if u all dont' know, i saw a link in one of the threads... PW (or PWI's) stock has plummeted to nothing.... gee wonder why
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sweetie, you also don't think. They are not going to sit up there and make something like rank8/9 gear be obsolete when the new expansion coming out.

Period.
    Ohhh they will, trust me. Not obsolete, since it will still be powerful, but drops from new instances will be better, you will see.

It happened the same in another f2p I played, right before a major expansion they added super powerful weapons with excellent stats. Some people were obsessed getting them to be "the best", but in only 2 weeks their ego was shattered when the expansion brought new dungeons that dropped BETTER things than those.

This is the definition of pure greed and it works. Some people are that close minded and obsessed that they WILL get their hands on the best things they can, without thinking that an expansion is coming soon. And once expansion comes out, those people pay AGAIN to become the best. So works perfectly for the MMO company.

Sad to say I was one of the FEW who didn't spend on those weapons in that game, because I knew this would happen.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Staylina - Dreamweaver
    Staylina - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I understand that all games need to evolve, however forcing it to evolve will do nothing more than leave a bad taste in the mouths of those that worked hard to help the process along.

Perhaps instead of taking the easy, greedy, road PWE could have, ya know.. put some actual thought and work into this instead of throwing a bunch of rep items in the Boutique for insanely low prices. Perhaps a better solution would've been to increase the FB instance rewards? Increase the drop rate of rep items in instances? make trophy mode cheaper with a better reward? or simply making normal quests/solo quests have more rep? I believe most would've welcomed this change over simply popping these things in the cash shop.

Just ideas. Not that I really give a **** anyways. b:bye
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You know, there could have been much better ways of making Rank gear more readily available. Maybe give one man army quests a major boost in rep? Better pricing on DQ rewards?

No, that isn't CSing. Therefore, it's TERRIBLE. Only a CS method works! Makes perfect sense! b:angry
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank 8 looks like **** from the other server i play on b:shocked

plus idc

If you don't care, why did you respond? b:shutup
    Pretty sure many of the people who had rank 8 before this sale, cash shopped it anyway...? Or maybe I'm wrong.

Most likely they did cash shop the **** out of it before the sale, but it was also much more expensive than it is now. It was still considered unobtainable for many of the cash shoppers because you had to put so much work into it, let alone many cash shoppers were not willing to bust their cash to buy pretty much the equivalent of a crappy car.

Now, like I said before, it's like if a university just gave out an MD degree to people who just dropped a little bit of money down. Something that was once unachievable to the average person is now readily available to any nitwit with a credit card living at home with mom and working at McDonalds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Please stop complaining. I got rank 8 on my psy without using real money or farming. All I did was spam earn zen which only took a day. The sale lasts the whole month, more than enough time to get rank 8 even if you only get 2 free gold a day.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you hear yourself or does it just go in one ear and out the other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you don't care, why did you respond? b:shutup

I always half to have the last word, cant help it.
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

I am sure what goes into boutique sale is controlled by you guys. After numerous examples throughout the years, you still keep slashing prices causing inflation. Or introducing events that set the price of gold higher.
    It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

You had already introduced chips/ rep in boutique in Tuesday's maintenance. Only reason you had this emergency maintenance is because no one was buying it. I don't see you slashing dragon points needed to acquire Medals etc.
    We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

Yes everyone carries unbound lunar items so they can sell it for millions. Which is exactly what they'll need since gold > 1 million. Which I am sure wasn't foreseen by anyone, since it never happened before.

Was TW pay, DQ price reduction also the result of "Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release"?
    Since you guys already think this to be a perfect stopping inflow of more coins in economy. I wonder if the Gold price bar would have increased further if tw / dq wasn't changed.

It just seems like you're trying to cash in as much as possible till new expansion is released which might either make getting reputation easier than before or introduce more overpowered gear to make rank 8 obsolete/stepping stone. Not to mention new packs, server and keeping sale on for new classes to get rank 9 etc.

My only question is, How long will you keep this sale on ? This sale on reputation, chips, packs. So I'll know how long I'll have to expect gold price to stay above 1 million.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Severus Snape! omg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Do you hear yourself or does it just go in one ear and out the other?
    All I see are crybabies like you complaining about poor people. When you don't even need cash at all. It's your fault for being lazy.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dumb, frankie. Dumb, dumb dumb.

QQ R8 is too harrrddd....

GTFO then.

Apparently, those at PWE dont game. Because none of you appreciate what gaming is about.

Make r8 insanely possible JUST for those able to charge zen. Real nice. Why dont you send a email to all those who never charged zen and politely ask them to shove their thumbs up their butt and play Tetris.

Whatever, you wont read this. None of you at PWE read this. Just like the other threads, you dont care. You open them up, let us flame, let us cool down and continue to slowly **** us without any care to how badly we, as players, hurt.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    At least make the badges stack like tokens? 100 per stack is a pain in the a** ya know.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All I see are crybabies like you complaining about poor people. When you don't even need cash at all. It's your fault for being lazy.

i work for my money ig, i dont spend money on this game and its hard trying to get stuff. only way i get stuff from the CS is through other players. most ive spent on this game is about 10$ for fash, because i didnt like running around in armor. Its not being a crybaby if gold is 1m+ and the GMs made it impossible for ppl like me, who dont spend money on this game, to play it. i cant farm my gear, i cant farm DQ's for rep because the drop rate is so bad. its not being lazy if you cant afford anything and dont want to spend real money on a game you play for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Most likely they did cash shop the **** out of it before the sale, but it was also much more expensive than it is now. It was still considered unobtainable for many of the cash shoppers because you had to put so much work into it, let alone many cash shoppers were not willing to bust their cash to buy pretty much the equivalent of a crappy car.

Now, like I said before, it's like if a university just gave out an MD degree to people who just dropped a little bit of money down. Something that was once unachievable to the average person is now readily available to any nitwit with a credit card living at home with mom and working at McDonalds.

Wow, so it's really bad that people who would otherwise never get it now have a chance to get it if they have a paying job. It's so unfair that you all have all the time to farm rep on a game while someone else has to work to pay for college education (for example).

It's unfair for those that actually work in game to get it (however long it may take them, which is a long time) but it's also unfair to those that can't work that long in game to get it.

I don't understand why you're all complaining that it makes the game dead. You're saying that now people will just buy their end game gear, get bored, and leave - then just be quiet and let them do that and leave, the game will be back to "normal". It was their choice to spend their cash, if you don't want to "earn" it because now someone else can get it faster than you, maybe you didn't want to legitly earn it in the first place.

The whole point of working towards a goal is for yourself, not to compare yourself to other people. If you want to go farm rep, go right ahead, it's still there, and congrats yourself for doing that and receive grats from your friends. No one else is going to care that you spent all that time getting it anyway.

Maybe their form of entertainment is spending a lot of money, getting good fast, having a little fun and moving on. Just because that's not your taste doesn't mean you should bash those that do and say that's not a "way to play the game."

If you got it through farming you're a person with too much free time on your hands (no life?), if you got it through cash you're just a bad little cash shopper. There's really no win-win so just go enjoy the game and let it run its course.

At least that's how I think.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Facepalm . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is the eqivilent of buying a consol game, getting home, opening the box and finding a bit of card inside saying:

YOU WIN

GAME OVER

Oh well, guess im gona go one shot some rank 8 with HH90 armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if GM's would like to help out this mess please consider implementing some features for players with tt99 * nirvana gears*event - to have option trading it for some of the event items or chips, orbs etc or Rank 9 parts .. something like TT99-to nirvana.... etc

many will not be using 'old' tt99 or nirvana gears any longer. Just an idea b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Demon_sage - Harshlands
    Demon_sage - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if GM's would like to help out this mess please consider implementing some features for players with tt99 * nirvana gears*event - to have option trading it for some of the event items or chips, orbs etc or Rank 9 parts .. something like TT99-to nirvana.... etc

many will not be using 'old' tt99 or nirvana gears any longer. Just an idea b:bye

now that would be nice or something to unbind our equipment b:thanks
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

Thanks all.

WHAT IN THE ****ING HELL O_O!!!!?

Dear god please smith this heathen! He don't know the hours these people play do he?

My normal play hours: 12 Pm EST to 3 AM EST
    My Weekend play hours: 6 AM EST to 5 AM EST the next day.

Seriously. If china got people at 105 in three months then that is their problem. Not ****ing ours.

Jesus christ. I feel sorry for any CM/GM/Dev who thinks obtaining lvl 105 in three months is a damn good thing.

P.S. Obtaining lvl 105 in 3 months with the current standing being that you need something like 5 trillion exp (I'm not in the mood to go find the bull**** numbers). That means the **** were playing for upwards of 24/7 for the first two months to reach lvl 100 and then in the next month they were doing traning extoria's in FF until they dinged once that day. Then took a 3-4 hour break and then where back at it.

Add in the fact most of them where probably abusing the gold trade for coin, and also merchanting at the same time. I'd say they were multi-billionare's who were sitting on top-of-the-line armor at the time with money still left over for the refine and sharding.
  • Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver45
    Ass/ssiN - Dreamweaver45 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are shocked about the recent General Summer's Sale items and their pricing. PWI has been out for 2+ years now, and even finding someone in full Rank 8 is still very rare, let alone Rank 9. Under the original conditions, even one player on a server obtaining a rank 9 ring would have been next to impossible, considering the amount of rep, chips, and Medals of Glory necessary. Remember, these original conditions were created by developers from a different country and different gaming culture--one where it is commonplace and even expected to play for eight hours a day, every day--a place where level 105 was achieved within three months of its release.

It's no secret that obtaining this gear has been next to impossible for the vast majority of PWI players, and a lot of our work in the past month has involved bringing it within reach, both through the Dragon Points system and through this month's sales.

We realize that some of the players who are the most upset are those who have spent countless hours farming their TT and Nirvana gear, only to see this Rank gear that is more powerful now take less effort to obtain. I understand the frustration that is felt from this, but the nature of the MMO is to constantly be evolving over time, where more powerful gear is constantly made available, rendering older gear less powerful by comparison. Many of these players have decided to take action, adapting by selling their old gear for millions of coins to buy gold and start making their way toward Rank 8.

PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff.

In the past few weeks we've been spending a lot of time pooling and putting together lots of new information about this huge expansion, and we'll be releasing it to you in a very fun way next week.

There is a lot of exciting content on the horizon, and we hope that you'll continue to stick with us to enjoy everything that we have to offer.

Thanks all.

Just a news flash TT nirvana is BOUND.... that's a little hard to..... sell....

Grats on making 5 of my friends with TT G15 nirvana weapons quit. You guys are following the plan perfectly. You want to stop the bleeding some come out with an item you can get to make those nirvana pieces tradeable so at least you didn't completely **** over people who spent 500m+ farming and working for their TT G15 nirvana weapons.

YOU seem to not realize just how much time/money you made a lot of people waste, and these people are some of your top cash players you just dicked over. You don't get it and never will.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If that's the plan . . .

Why not just make it become the new standard gear that easily obtained in game rather than just throw it in boutique like that !!!!
    Or just give it for free to everyone if it's going to become the standard rather than forcing charge zen !!!!!
    Especially because there will be stronger one coming !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    WHAT IN THE ****ING HELL O_O!!!!?
    Dear god please smith this heathen! He don't know the hours these people play do he?
    My normal play hours: 12 Pm EST to 3 AM EST
    My Weekend play hours: 6 AM EST to 5 AM EST the next day.
    Seriously. If china got people at 105 in three months then that is their problem. Not ****ing ours.
    Jesus christ. I feel sorry for any CM/GM/Dev who thinks obtaining lvl 105 in three months is a damn good thing.
    P.S. Obtaining lvl 105 in 3 months with the current standing being that you need something like 5 trillion exp (I'm not in the mood to go find the bull**** numbers). That means the **** were playing for upwards of 24/7 for the first two months to reach lvl 100 and then in the next month they were doing traning extoria's in FF until they dinged once that day. Then took a 3-4 hour break and then where back at it.
    Add in the fact most of them where probably abusing the gold trade for coin, and also merchanting at the same time. I'd say they were multi-billionare's who were sitting on top-of-the-line armor at the time with money still left over for the refine and sharding.

I don't think you have any good idea on either of the issues you posted. b:surrender
  • Identical - Lost City
    Identical - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As for your "new end game gears" I have been reading up on the chinese developer forums and beta servers. These new gears aren't even that great... guild based equipment that can be crafted by your guild house and they are more of offensive procs on them for weapons i still say rank 9 > them and then those armors are better than most r9 but there is not insane over powered set bonus of +30 atk lvl like r9.... did you know a sage assassin with r9 full set can obtain about 170 attack levels...? and they have god frenzy.... so.... lets see someone already doing nearly x3 dmg then on occasion doing x6..... damage.... even a psychic can obtain a similar bonus too... imo if you get hit by an aoe for 100k i don't see how you can survive such a hit.... you can barely even get to 50k hp with purely +12 gears and vit stones...
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wow, so it's really bad that people who would otherwise never get it now have a chance to get it if they have a paying job. It's so unfair that you all have all the time to farm rep on a game while someone else has to work to pay for college education (for example).

It's unfair for those that actually work in game to get it (however long it may take them, which is a long time) but it's also unfair to those that can't work that long in game to get it.

I don't understand why you're all complaining that it makes the game dead. You're saying that now people will just buy their end game gear, get bored, and leave - then just be quiet and let them do that and leave, the game will be back to "normal". It was their choice to spend their cash, if you don't want to "earn" it because now someone else can get it faster than you, maybe you didn't want to legitly earn it in the first place.

The whole point of working towards a goal is for yourself, not to compare yourself to other people. If you want to go farm rep, go right ahead, it's still there, and congrats yourself for doing that and receive grats from your friends. No one else is going to care that you spent all that time getting it anyway.

Maybe their form of entertainment is spending a lot of money, getting good fast, having a little fun and moving on. Just because that's not your taste doesn't mean you should bash those that do and say that's not a "way to play the game."

If you got it through farming you're a person with too much free time on your hands (no life?), if you got it through cash you're just a bad little cash shopper. There's really no win-win so just go enjoy the game and let it run its course.

At least that's how I think.

^What she said
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I`m just wondering, could GMs like think of making it possible to obtain +30 def lvl blessings to make it possible to live even a bit? Could you make blessings not to affect PvP as I think they were released PvE in mind? With attacks blessings & rank 8 weps, you get feeling of being really squishy. Rank8 wep is real neat for barbs but during today it felt if I should have rerolled archer/psy/sin/mage and just gotten that rank8 there. R8 weps combined with jones blessing just hits too hard, it`s absurd, at least on our server, where decent armors are few and rare. R8 wep is so easy to obtain and it`s a lot cheaper to +10 your wep than getting warsoul belt, cube neck and refining all your armor to +10 just to counter R8 weps and at times that`s not enough, though I wish I had that sort of gear =(.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • George_Bush - Harshlands
    George_Bush - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Although Rank 8 was made easily accessible, few will actually refine them to +12 because Rank 8 is no longer the ultimate, endgame weapon, and also, Rank 8 equipments cannot be resold.

The hope lies in the future addition of new and more powerful equipments that will completely outshine Rank equipments. Then once more, people can work hard, instead of just paying $73, to excel.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just a news flash TT nirvana is BOUND.... that's a little hard to..... sell....

Grats on making 5 of my friends with TT G15 nirvana weapons quit. You guys are following the plan perfectly. You want to stop the bleeding some come out with an item you can get to make those nirvana pieces tradeable so at least you didn't completely **** over people who spent 500m+ farming and working for their TT G15 nirvana weapons.

^This

Yeah, I'm sure there is a huge market for my g13 nirvana weapon ... if I could even unbind it. It's Frankie's statement about players adapting and selling their weapons that makes me think none of these guys sit down and think about all the repercussions when they make these crazy sales.

It's how we ended up with 5.0 aps, they decided to throw packs with a bunch of uber gear in them at us, and no one took the time to figure out what the mass availability of this gear would allow (5.0 aps) and do to the game. Same here, it's great that the new expansion will have expanded pvp options (guild base wars), but I'm not sure how much fun it will be for people to continually run out from base, get one-shot by all the rank 8/9 weps, and then repeat. Sounds like a good time.
This discussion has been closed.