RE: The recent General Summer's Sale

Options

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Can you make refining cheaper then? Heavy armor classes should have the ability to have a full +10-+12 set for under 100 USD which will give them a ton more hp than the classes who are OP with rank 8. For balancing purposes of course.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd like to link this thread so it doesn't get lost like it was hoped to be.... LOL so everyone can still see how PISSED OFF everyone is.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=932322

Frankie, your logic for this ... like it's already been said by Wraith and a few others.... is so full of fracking holes it's not even funny.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Haiz no one respects frankie.....

he doesn't give a damn about us. Why should we care about him?

b:mischievous Thats why he needs it so bad.

@Devoted, You make refining cheaper so heavy armor classes can increase their HP, well mages will just be refining as well and still do as much damage as ever.b:chuckle

This really bones over any melee class besides an assassin.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

@Devoted, You make refining cheaper so heavy armor classes can increase their HP, well mages will just be refining as well and still do as much damage as ever.b:chuckle

Sorry but there's 6 pieces of armor and 4 pieces of ornaments that you can refine for defense.

How many can you refine for damage? Oh wait.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

I'd rather have 36k hp with 5.0 aps 18k mdef +12 weapon vs a +12 weapon mage with 20k pdef and 17k hp.

In tw I'll at least be able to run in and stun and get out without having to 12sec immune EVERY TIME.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Srsly Frankie this is a new low, my friends who didnt even try for rep before went from about 2-3.5k to 200k, in 10mins... thats not right, stop saying your trying to make the game better then shove the CS and Gold down our throats. You've gone from us being mad and maybe cooling off a bit, to being completely pissed off and going NightRage on you because the fact is, this "Sale" just Killed the game. No one can do anything now, because its able to be BOUGHT with a credit card, no more pvp bc we can all just pwn each other now, except for the people who dont charge money and WORK for their stuff. But apparently PWE is to greedy to notice that their killing their game by doing so many sales. and we all kno well that its not a sale its a new scheme to get our money.

tl:dr

Frankie, the GMs, and the Devs dont give a rats *** about its customers and just wants our money. So they have sales.. whoop-de-do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just want to add.

Nothing is gonna be done..

Frankie will never read this thread

IE

TT
    TW

this thread will just be like this. Nothing is gonna get done. Till this game finally just dies from all the greed.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just want to add.

Nothing is gonna be done..

Frankie will never read this thread

IE

TT
    TW

this thread will just be like this. Nothing is gonna get done. Till this game finally just dies from all the greed.

Which is the sad part

/sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
    edited December 2010
    Options
    BTW Frankie(lol)

This also ruins the nirvana and TT market.

soooo

there goes ANY money source that a person could get from this game without spending real life money Good Game

The Game is Dead
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What the heck?

Is this an Admin saying that two years is a long time for a game to be out? Really? Do you people lack ANY sense of time? Two years is chump change in the gaming world, especially when 90% of your players are end friggen game.

It should be an HONOR to get rank 9/8 weapons and gear. What you all are doing are pretty much making the BEST gear in game available to the laziest of people. Man, I wish PWE had a university because I would just LOVE to drop a couple of thousand bucks off with them and I just instantly became an MD who specializes in Neurology or Cardiology.

You just kicked those people in the teeth for working their butts off for Nirvana gear. What a GREAT company YOU are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    BTW Frankie(lol)

This also ruins the nirvana and TT market.

soooo

there goes ANY money source that a person could get from this game without spending real life money Good Game

The Game is Dead

^^^^
    agreedb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You want to consider this an 'constantly evolving MMO' thats all well and good. Great. Im all for it.

But . . .

How about a heads up before you do something that radically alters the game like this? It might go a long way with the community if, just once, you guys were actually able to show some empathy with the player base. Thus far you've primarly alienated the noncash shoppers through packs and inflated gold prices. Thats great, they dont foot the bill. We get it, you pander to the people who write your check every month. It might suck, but at least it's expected. Now, however, you've managed to do it to quite a few of your dedicated cash shoppers as well.

For those people who did manage to scape together recast or weapon refines over the past few weeks, "sorry GG its a constantly evolving MMO" just isnt enough. We got you 130K fans on Facebook so we could get 2x and farm gear. Now what you have essentially done is to tell us that we wasted both our time and money farming (or buying) recast weapons. Two weeks goes by and now they're suddenly outdated for a mere fraction of the cost and very little of the effort. What a backhanded reward.

Your "solution" for the price of DQ item nerf was a points based reward system in which the only decent item offered is the in game farmable rep. Sure, the little flying piggy is kinda cool. But really, who really cares? Now, this is just another thinly veiled backhanded reward as well.

Im assuming your attempt to reassure the readers that there is 'more end game content' is your attempt to assauge everyone's concerns that those at PWI do in fact about the average gamer. You've heard our concerns, and the answer to what the community wants is coming very shortly! Oooh shiney object over there... Oh wait, I see. What a clever little slight of hand attempting to dazzle and distract us with an upcoming expansion?

How game changing will that update be?

Im guessing that this is really just a thinly veiled reference to more upcoming game-breaking PWI sales? Rapture and uncanny in CS next? Scroll of tome? Where does it end?

Since you attempt to differentiate between the PWI community and the 'hardcore 8+ hour per day online community' that the game and subsequent updates were targeted for, how about you also acknowldge that what's good for them isnt good for us? It seems to be a little bit of a double edged anology. On one hand, you attempt to use it as an excuse to justify the sales our community objects to (ie: Rep for sale because this isnt a hardcore gaming community). On the other, you use it as an excuse because you have no control over the content changes that are pushed through as a result of the other server (ie: reduced DQ price).
  • DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Under the original conditions...

Pls link me the conditions. >.>

gAmE iS dEaD x.x
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pls link me the conditions. >.>

gAmE iS dEaD x.x

For rank 9 it was 12k USD

So they couldnt have that..

they had to drop it x10
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i already wrote what i thought about this **** here, since its as true as it gets, PWE have really done it good this time with there money greed, they just made things worse and worse, only the next expansion can save this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank 8 might be **** compared to the new stuff coming out, no one thinks ok. ****ING NERDS OKAY

Says th person also on the forums b:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For rank 9 it was 12k USD

So they couldnt have that..

they had to drop it x10

What is even worse is that after they put the badges on sale for a few days, they reduced the price and pretty much said the original price was a mistake.

That totally looks like "Ok, sir, it didn't sell. We should reduce the price to 10%"

Heck, even before the reduction, it had dropped the price of reputation. It dropped R8 from 640m to about 580m.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sorry but there's 6 pieces of armor and 4 pieces of ornaments that you can refine for defense.

How many can you refine for damage? Oh wait.

You have no idea how powerful rank 8 already is, and put on top of that rank 9? A +12 rank 9 weapon along with the set could kill a barb or bm with +12 all armors. With my +10 rank 8 weapon I already have it easy killing bms with +10 full nirvana sets. Giving me something like rank 9 would make it a cakewalk.

Learn the damage and how much it scales up before you talk about how significant getting more resistances or hp is.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    - [COLOR=""]People Shut the hell up... You all will stop complaining at some point - Servers are still full of happy 'players' and xmas is coming DamniT!! PWI needs money for the gifts . Please understand[/COLOR].
  • Digitalbleh - Sanctuary
    Digitalbleh - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I love there justificaiton on this. "china did it so we have to" it is the same with everything dq points, all the other ****. I thought this was PWI. Its good you can run your own game. I also love how this is just PWI's way of laughing at all there paying customers/ and farmiing customers who did get rank's without this ****. Lets all watch pwi's stock become worthless, the players base decrease, and then eventually the company dieing.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rank 8 might be **** compared to the new stuff coming out, no one thinks ok. ****ING NERDS OKAY

Sweetie, you also don't think. They are not going to sit up there and make something like rank8/9 gear be obsolete when the new expansion coming out.

Period.

Ranked gear has been around since the beginnings, just nobody really cared about it, or bothered to be worried about it because it's a pain. However, it's good pain, and the few who got it legitimately should be the ones proudly showing it, NOT the little creation who has a crappy mommy and daddy who likes to spoil their child with everything and who screams
    "UR A NOOB" every time they PK somebody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You have no idea how powerful rank 8 already is, and put on top of that rank 9? A +12 rank 9 weapon along with the set could kill a barb or bm with +12 all armors. With my +10 rank 8 weapon I already have it easy killing bms with +10 full nirvana sets. Giving me something like rank 9 would make it a cakewalk.

Learn the damage and how much it scales up before you talk about how significant getting more resistances or hp is.

Not only that, but R9 comes with enough Def levels and Atk levels that you can get 100 atk level and 30 Def level, which means you're immune to Jones' Blessing and are pushing ridiculous damage.

A R9 axe BM has like 20k dps with normal attacks.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So the best gear in the game is ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE CASH SHOP.

And you think this is a good thing? This is complete and total BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Queequag - Archosaur
    Queequag - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it used to be farmable in fb's too bad pwi took that away to utalize cash shop token-pack ways being the only way to get rank lol..... ALLL PWI"S FAULT
    NOThing wrong with out gaming culture
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ranked gear has been around since the beginnings, just nobody really cared about it, or bothered to be worried about it because it's a pain. However, it's good pain, and the few who got it legitimately should be the ones proudly showing it, NOT the little creation who has a crappy mommy and daddy who likes to spoil their child with everything and who screams
    "UR A NOOB" every time they PK somebody.

Pretty sure many of the people who had rank 8 before this sale, cash shopped it anyway...? Or maybe I'm wrong.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So the best gear in the game is ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE CASH SHOP.

GM: "But you can still buy the gold at any Auctioneer!"
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is the most bull**** response ever. You spit in the face of those who stood by this company throughout all the **** simply because there wasn't enough people with Rank 8 and no one with Rank 9? How **** is this? And you think the best way to solve this was to make it extremely cheap for anyone who CS? Even MORE ****!

I for one spent so much trying to farm coins since before the first Anniversary pack to get all the things my BM needed. I never was lucky with packs. GX, Forest's Wisdom, Dance of Universe, Deicide, etc. I had to farm all the coins or borrow them and spend ages repaying back debts.

This was especially bad during the 2x event from facebook likes, where I spent more time in game then sleeping trying to go from 0 uncannies to 250. And I'm STILL running around with +3 refines and flawless shards. The work I spent since from Nov 2009 up until then to ever so slowly reach 5aps now is meaningless, because a random cashshopper can now simply swipe his credit card and get 2 nice armors, a very nice weapon, and 8% crit all in one day.

Furthermore, you completely destroyed any bit of balance this game had for both PVE and PVP. Great, now I'll need to somehow get +10 all refines and vit stones to even run through LOLR8BIDS TW. And Assassins and archers get even easier road to 5aps, not that they need to farm anything anymore. Where's the fix? Where's the balance?

You turned what was once a good game into absolute **** worse then private servers because you don't see enough rank 8.

Your little expansion won't repair the damage you are doing now to your "Constantly DEvolving MMO".
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well thanks for explaining it, and trying to justify it, but seriously with the inflated gold price, how exactly do you expect people to become the 'fabled' rank 8/9?

I do know that it is kind of a blessing to have this chance, but when hardly anyone can afford the prices, how do you expect people to continue to enjoy this game with their own limits set forth, where the only way they can play is for free, is really being taken away from them ten fold, via the sales, etc? (argo use the cash they made in game to buy gold)

I'll probably stick around to play a bit, as long as what I am doing remains reasonable profitable... for me anyways, kind of sad that I have to raise my prices on my items to make sure I get out ahead, but still am not asking for a higher price then others, where I will actually sell the items for a profit.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

There is no scale. Rank8 does about 2.5x more damage than an average refined TT99. That's only weapon, skill damage being the same. You think people don't have +12 g15 nirvanas already? I don't see them breaking the game in-between CSers.

Not many people have +12 armors, but many have weapons.

Now, for the rank 9 adding attack levels, with THAT I agree that it breaks it.
  • Zozun - Heavens Tear
    Zozun - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Moving forward is one thing but every now and agian ur shoelace comes untied.When this happens u can stop take some time to tie it back up or like pwe seems to be doing jsut charge forward ignoring teh problem till it cause u to fall on ur face and bust ur nose.PWI is in trouble instead of focusing on the issues and solving them ur covering other them with new shiny things in an effort to distract us please find a way to restore pwi back to its former glory before its to late.I really do love this game but all the ppl i know are quiting it :(.
    My Motto- Barb's are the shields to the warrior that is the squad!!!b:cool
This discussion has been closed.