HT: Aftermath of Rank 8/9 Frenzy

Knownase - Heavens Tear
Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Alright, so as most of you forum goers can see, loads of ppl aren't happy with the current rank sale.

So lets have a discussion on how this sale ruins/benefits us as a server.

I am sure lots of you are planning to get, or already have rank 8, and some are rumored to have rank 9 gears already.

Will TW die even more?

Is farming Nirv and TT dead, or simply just not worth it at the moment?

Let's talk. b:victory

Personally, I'm not making the call to quit yet, need to ride it out for the first few weeks before any decision. Yikes at those prepping for TW, gl on finding cheap charms. :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
-Certified Barbarian Master-
-You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
-Master of Coffee-
Post edited by Knownase - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Company is making a mint as they should so gratz them

otherwise couldn't really care, il prob take advantage of this sale and buy r8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In two minds about it TBH ..

Upside : It's great that my Archer can have the rep for R8 by 2moro ( just need to hyper 96 > 100 lol )

Downside: Shouldn't be that easy for me to get R8 lol

Then you have the knock on effect of gold price's making charms cost more, increasing the Cost > gain of TW.
    It will be harder to farm that coin to meet the increased cost since Raps/Uncanny price seems to be falling ( or might be just ppl selling dirt cheap to fund their R8 and prices could stabilize )

My overall view though .. Stupid move by PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think there should be a rollback, this drastically changes far too many aspects of the game for there to be any good outcome.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think there should be a rollback, this drastically changes far too many aspects of the game for there to be any good outcome.

We all know from earlier history that a rollback wont happen... Thinking of the huge bug with the decomposition of some fashion or something that made people get insane amount of coins fast, cant reallly remember how it was, but anyways...

I think the game is more screwed then ever, maybe cause I already have Rank 8, feel kinda useless to waste money and time to aquire it when its 80 gold now. As if gold prices werent 800k already it now tops 1m and will probably rise to about 2m or more within a few days, making HP charms and dragon orbs insanely expensive.... For me I feel screwed and I think its soon time to say goodbye to PWI, too bad that the crazy cash shop sales ruin such a nice game with a good potential. Making money is good, but whats the point when people start leaving and server dies cause of it? Well makes no sense is what it does.

Don't even think the new expansion will save the game now.. Well thats my opinion, probably not everyone think like me.. We lost coins from TW cause the fail reason was to reduce gold prices, it was like 400k max at that time........ a few months later without the coins from TW lands its 1.2m ish... Fail fail fail... I hate stupid excuses and random stuff, the only way to blame is the idiotic sales.. It should never be sale at all.. If the cash shop had static prices, only new clothes and mounts etc should be introduced, the rare DQ horses etc should never be 20 gold when its insanely hard to aquire ingame.. Its no way to feel special and proud of aquiring anything ingame when you can wait a few weeks to buy it in cash shop for more or less nothing... Seems impossible to not cash shop anymore to survive with hp charms for normal use, pk and TW.. I really felt like QQ now, cause PWI really need to die so they maybe learn to listen to the players so the other new PWE games wont be destroyed like this one has been for the last 2 years, and this sale is the drop. b:angryb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I feel this is going to even out the disparity between the heavy spenders with their Nirvana gear, and those for whom 72-200 gold is within the realms of possibility. Yes, refines and shards will still remain differentiators, but at least a much larger player base will be able to perform acceptably at end-game now.

For those who are not in a position to farm/merchant/save and spend in that range, the gap that existed earlier, remains - it does not get any worse.

Also, it is possible that the absolute top echelon rage-quits because they feel slighted that others will begin to approach their league, even if not become at par, at much less effort / cost than they had to, before. The exit of those super-geared players would actually work towards lowering the gap between the haves and have-somewhats.

All in all, this change is inclusive, bringing greater player satisfaction to a greater number.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In two minds about it TBH ..

Upside : It's great that my Archer can have the rep for R8 by 2moro ( just need to hyper 96 > 100 lol )

Downside: Shouldn't be that easy for me to get R8 lol

Then you have the knock on effect of gold price's making charms cost more, increasing the Cost > gain of TW.
    It will be harder to farm that coin to meet the increased cost since Raps/Uncanny price seems to be falling ( or might be just ppl selling dirt cheap to fund their R8 and prices could stabilize )

My overall view though .. Stupid move by PWI

I value your opinion but I politely disagree.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2010

who is posting on sgt's account????? HAX0R!!!!!!!!!!!

as much as it may pain me to say tho, i agree with sgts earlier post about the drastic changes...but not the rollback...just wont happen

i think its actually a good thing, there is absolutely no good reason to spend thousands of dollars on a game to have gotten the R8 before...this makes things simpler for those who spend little or no RL money....EXCEPT..............................for those who do pump ignorant amounts of money into the game and have in-turn jacked the gold prices to a lvl that's unreasonable...

but that has always been the problem with an unregulated economy...so it wont change...ppl will come and go...

gogo china!!! b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I know someone who's going for the rank 9 and has rank 8 for a long time now. I went rank 8 on my sin, and the sin feels a bit more "complete". Worth it since it's only 72 gold.

Even though i bought rank 8, it's still oh so wrong. I've spend 2 years to get nirvana armor, and a nirvana weapon for my veno with a total costs of hundreds of millions. And all of a sudden any no name newb player can get armor that's on par with what i have with just 72 gold and a couple ingame millions. Of course not looking at refine, and it's hilarious to see +3 rank 8 weapons.

I'll be sitting it out here and enjoy my sin and veno until this second version of this certain awesome mmo is going to be released. And i'll keep my hands of the PWE games, they don't give a **** about their players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010

Sorry if my opinion wasn't clear from my post .. While I think it's good that my archer can get R8 with little to no effort I still feel it's wrong that it can.
    Added to the increased gold prices, power gap between any new players and those who caught this sale etc etc it's a stupid move on PWI part.

Also have the problem that even if the new classes are going to be as strong or stronger than the TB compared to the older classes, any balance that might have made in the gear stakes will be lost, since I would guess people are already stocking up on rep for the new classes and within a couple of weeks of release will see R8/9 Seekers and Mystics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How much screwed is f2p newbie after these sale ? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited December 2010
    i got the money, just deciding if this deal does have a catch and if i should or shouldent buy rank 8...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    i got the money, just deciding if this deal does have a catch and if i should or shouldent buy rank 8...

Pretty sure it has a catch somewhere down the line. Don't think PW would be having these on sale purely for the $ when they can do that with other stuff.
    I'm edging towards the New Expansion > New gear rumours. Wether it's extreme as some people make out ( Nirvana being upgradable to g16 with better set bonuses than R9 ) only time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How much screwed is f2p newbie after these sale ? b:shutup

Not really. I created a noob BM and playing her has been the most fun I've had in this game for over a year. Granted I'm not looking for her to compete with the major cash shoppers. But it's fun to go back and just play the game without all the bs of being "high level".
    And you really should never need to cash shop before level 80/90 anyway...
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Not really. I created a noob BM and playing her has been the most fun I've had in this game for over a year. Granted I'm not looking for her to compete with the major cash shoppers. But it's fun to go back and just play the game without all the bs of being "high level".
    And you really should never need to cash shop before level 80/90 anyway...

It's something else that i can't explain right now . . b:surrender
    To much into rage b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll be sitting it out here and enjoy my sin and veno until this second version of this certain awesome mmo is going to be released.

it needs to be released faster b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This recent up date just throws everything that the people who worked for to get thier gear and rank had done out the window.For me its like telling the older players that our work was for nothing. I've been half tempted to uninstall the game but seeing how the only other mmo i would play isnt out yet(numbah 2 woot) that doesnt leave much option.Ive made friends here and now i spend more time just sitting around doing nothing talking to people.My favorite class is all but extinct and dam near obsolete. More and more people are quiting now because of this and i have to say b4 long that 90% will become 100% and i will do nothing but troll.This game is dead.The programers have seen to that.Now its just time b4 the good players uninstall and all thats left are a bunch of cash shoppers and noobs that cant play thier toons.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I can understand why ppl that worked hard for the rep gear are upset for me its just meant I can finish my nirvana gear at a much reduced price. I play multiple chars and like sharing my gear around.

The thing that first struck me was that each time this huge upheaval occurs in game it is usually followed by "omg I just wasted all my money on this sale, why didn't you tell us ........... was going to be released".

With so many rumors about the new expansion flying around, new gear, changes to magic users, a possible ornament instance etc. I'm just going to hold onto my coin and wait and see what happens on the chinese server in coming days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In my opinion, this sale blows in a lot of ways, it also has it's positives - but not many.

Personally, I find it to be a slap in the face to people like MsEvilness. (Sorry for putting your name out like that hon)

Example:
    You farmed your rear off, sat up cat-shop's - buying rep badges... (the 5 rep one's which were the only tradable one's then I BELIEVE BUYING @ 45K A piece) I also believe you used to (before the tokens/Anni Packs) You ran FB's (Always, well most of the time had the 1st chat room for FB's); did some One man Armies, etc... You worked your butt off.

Cons:
    - People without any real game knowledge having R8. Hyper nubs, with no other exp of the game. (Kid of redundant to complain about, since this game is for the new players. "**** the older one's which still play."
    - The TW Change's, Well: the lack there-of. The guild with the most skilled, knowledgeable and refined gear's will still be top ranked.
    - It changes the gear, and financial standing separating the divide further. For Those who can afford to **** out money for this are lucky, while others can't. I guess oh well... Making the people which can't put money into this game, unable to play to the full extent of the game. Pay to Play FTL. Paying a Monthly Subscription would be better.
    Examples: Higher Charm costs/ Higher TW Cost's, and especially since they nerf'd the T.W. Pay. Higher Gold Cost's make it harder for everything to be able to progress and improve their gear without putting money into the game.

Pro's:
    Opens the floor to more people for a fast way to get End Game Gear (if they have money)... But scoffs at people which worked their rear off for their gear.

and to be hypocritical... I even ended up getting R8 for my alt Archer. :/.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    haha i don't even care anymore... hardly any time to play and i'm just waiting for some unnamed game to come out

this game is dead anyway... it's gone from a 50% pay to win game to a 100% pay to win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2010

and to be hypocritical... I even ended up getting R8 for my alt Archer. :/.

If you can't beat em, join em..huh?
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
    edited December 2010
    If you can't beat em, join em..huh?

Pretty much... would of ended up hating myself if I didn't do it, as much as it pisses me off, and makes me wanna uninstall more, lol. Then wtf would I do with my time? XD.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    edited December 2010
    haha i don't even care anymore... hardly any time to play and i'm just waiting for some unnamed game to come out

this game is dead anyway... it's gone from a 50% pay to win game to a 100% pay to win

Yea, I know... :/. Miss those days.
    I wish they would release a new server, by PWI: But the only thing that that game would be allowed to have in the cash shop would be HP Charms/Teikangs/Tisha's and fashion. Would be awesome, and I'd so go there.
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yea, I know... :/. Miss those days.
    I wish they would release a new server, by PWI: But the only thing that that game would be allowed to have in the cash shop would be HP Charms/Teikangs/Tisha's and fashion. Would be awesome, and I'd so go there.

I would like it to have a cash shop that contained everything that the current one has except:

Packs (of any kind)
    Hyper stones (training scrolls are old school, so are permissible)
    The Bidding Hall

Pretty much, a cash shop that replicates what it looked liked around Christmas of '08.

(I logged onto my account this afternoon to find out that my friend had increased my archer's rep from 7k to 200k, and left enough orbs to refine up to 6. Now I get to level it another level and a half).
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
    edited December 2010
    Well in all fairness, i bought R8 and today ive had the most fun in this game ive had in a long time.

absolutely dominated barraging FF it was sick and i got crazy aps now, something ive never had the chance to experience before.

but before you all start QQ'ing consider this, ive been playing since the open beta began 2+ years ago so i think ive 'earned my time' to have some decent gear and fun as a veteran player who has seen the ins and outs of this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just a small question regarding TW, did rank 8 make a difference in today's TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rivvien - Heavens Tear
    Rivvien - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010

It's definitely a theory... But something made a difference, because it was over faaast.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2010

join a tw someday and find out

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    join a tw someday and find out

b:bye

he cant...fails too much :)
    b:cute knownb:victory
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HayleyW - Heavens Tear
    HayleyW - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so far i have a list of 30 people getting rank 9, many in enrage, rad, drakon
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I feel this is going to even out the disparity between the heavy spenders with their Nirvana gear, and those for whom 72-200 gold is within the realms of possibility. Yes, refines and shards will still remain differentiators, but at least a much larger player base will be able to perform acceptably at end-game now.

For those who are not in a position to farm/merchant/save and spend in that range, the gap that existed earlier, remains - it does not get any worse.

Also, it is possible that the absolute top echelon rage-quits because they feel slighted that others will begin to approach their league, even if not become at par, at much less effort / cost than they had to, before. The exit of those super-geared players would actually work towards lowering the gap between the haves and have-somewhats.

All in all, this change is inclusive, bringing greater player satisfaction to a greater number.

Fact is, there will be those who spend again and get rank 9. There will be no close of gap, its just a way of them geting everyone to fire in a load of gold to remain on par.