Impact of new boutique prices

Man - Raging Tide
Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Here is a thread to talk about how things will change. I have seen a lot said, and like other situations i belive most peoples analyses are wrong.

Lets not talk about them making general summer medals a joke.

Lets not talk about them spamming packs and putting them at an increasing discounted rate.

Lets not talk about them choosing to permanently add a +30 attack blessing imbalancing the game pvp and pve.

Rank 8 is now 72 gold, that is about the old price of a tt99 chest. How do i think this will change and impact things?

LuciferV is going to be getting one shot a whole lot more. The Gap in gear between average and cash shopping players will be less. If you could afford any event gear before, you can afford rank 8 now. The Gap between average and cash shopping players will be less, but the the difference between the top players and others will be more tremendous. Nothing is comporable to rank 9, or rank 9 set bonus's. With the jones blessing added its ridiculous.

Since the advent of fc leveling and hyper level 100 doesn't' mean a whole not. I think maybe NPC faction has proved this too us. The difference is now gear, REFINES!, sockets, and skill. Even if people have rank 8, if its all only +5 they still will not stand against the cash shoppers of the server.

Many lunar weapons will become useless and outmoded. The same for Nirvana, I think the crystals will be in less demand but still wanted.

This sale helps assassins a lot, others less. But in general i think it nurfs APS because...

The 2 best aps dungeons, TT and nirvana are now semi useless end game.
5 aps classes might not have a chance to get close to people being blasted for 20k dmg off hand by rank 8 mages.

So the world is changing. Maybe teamwork and skill will be valued in front of gear. Skill, experience, and teamwork will make the difference end game regardless.

Territory War = TW = Team Work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Man - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the changes will bring the average cser and the heavy csers. But the gap between non-cser and the average cser will be considerably more.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So the world is changing. Maybe teamwork and skill will be valued in front of gear. Skill, experience, and teamwork will make the difference end game regardless.
    And $$$ lol :P

It is actually worse, rank 9 is still expensive in the way that it costs over 1k$. But nothing close to what was before (10k+)

Why worse? Because, instead of having only one LuciferV and poohxbearx, now we'll have 500 of them. Eh, I guess it is actually better for the casual cash shoppers that can afford rank 9 now, but definitely worse for f2p players.

Anyway only $$$ matters now, farming is useless lol
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the changes will bring the average cser and the heavy csers. But the gap between non-cser and the average cser will be considerably more.

72 gold is a lot more farmable irl and in game than 200k rep.

One thing i forgot to mention is.... tokens of luck move towards being considerably worthless. they are worth 10k coins but no telling what prices will do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    72 gold is a lot more farmable irl and in game than 200k rep.

Exactly.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How can you say this is a good thing?

I would have agreed perfectly if this was making rank 8 attainable easier by farming in game. But now it's just cash shopping it.

Gold prices do not have a fixed rate of exchange for coins, meaning they will go up a lot right now. I haven't logged in since the update but will do it just to troll today, this is too epic.

There is no way I can afford to refine anything anymore even if I get rank 8 for the lulz since I have over 100mil stocked now, should be enough right? (how high can gold be oO)

Nothing I can do in the game now since, you know, gold doesn't drop in instances. Which is what I need for rank8 and refines.

You see average cash shoppers with rank8 pwning the previous mega cash shoppers.
    You see the new mega cash shoppers with rank9 pwning everyone.
    You see non cashshoppers quitting.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    How can you say this is a good thing?

I would have agreed perfectly if this was making rank 8 attainable easier by farming in game. But now it's just cash shopping it.

Gold prices do not have a fixed rate of exchange for coins, meaning they will go up a lot right now. I haven't logged in since the update but will do it just to troll today, this is too epic.

There is no way I can afford to refine anything anymore even if I get rank 8 for the lulz since I have over 100mil stocked now, should be enough right? (how high can gold be oO)

Nothing I can do in the game now since, you know, gold doesn't drop in instances. Which is what I need for rank8 and refines.

You see average cash shoppers with rank8 pwning the previous mega cash shoppers.
    You see the new mega cash shoppers with rank9 pwning everyone.
    You see non cashshoppers quitting.

There are other good ways to refine like event boutique + diamonds + perseverance. Trust me Borsuc at +6 you are a factor. I'm not saying changes are good, but it is a change. They made the 2 instances wizards suck at farming avoidable.

As for the claim no one can farm anything, I think that is wrong. For instance... 40 Deltas and you could farm rank 8. No way i'm saying the changes were good, but actually i think people should be more excited about the rank 9 bades and attack blessings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well I agree that rank8 is more easier to acquire now, but the D.Orbs don't drop anywhere... thus MUCH higher gold price means MUCH more expensive refining... that's the biggest issue.

*wonders if I should dump my saved coin into gold now and get rank8* b:shocked
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is a horrible update. A single wipe of a credit card can now trump months and even years of hard work.

Gold is skyrocketing and will only go up. Running TT isn't even worth the charm costs anymore. Biggest thing about R8 is the high refine rate, diffence between +10 TT99 and +5TT99 is much smaller than the difference between +10 R8 and +5 R8.

The gap between people who cash shop and those who dont is only going to widen even more, PWE makes one thing very clear with this update,

"If you dont cash shop, GTFO"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2010

The difference is now gear, REFINES!, sockets, and skill. Even if people have rank 8, if its all only +5 they still will not stand against the cash shoppers of the server.
    Good point here. But what is the fun that? They have made the road to being endgame to short and to easy. Tho, this started already with hypers and 3xBH. So the only thing left to do for people is to farm TT's/Nirvana to make money, to buy gold, to buy d.orbs. And those are gonna be like 300k each with the current gold price b:sad
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if this is going to be a QQ thread ill start with genies.
    back in MY day we didnt have them.
    only daily anyone had was crazy stone. even then it was still expensive at the time.

we were all weak nabs back then. only difference now is you can be slightly less weak for a small "investment"

but to keep this from being all negative, -removed- technically gave his car away =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For ppl who still have any hopes for this game CSer or non CSer , if you like anything related to balanced in this game then wait till you see how this will impact pvp . The defenses in this game of can't keep up with the high attack of weapons , check the r9 bow and the r9 armors . r9 bow unrefined > +12 r14 , hello 1 shots with tab targeting and 0 thinking .

Nirvana gear ? Why get it when you can get r8 so much cheaper .

No , game just died , it's been dead for a while now but this was just another game-breaking move , time to be smart , grab your friends & move on .

Respect to NightRage :)
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My condolences to PWE, I'm sorry for your loss
    b:surrender

Okay to be serious...
    Wow.
    I've dreamed of TT99 gear and I've been trying to get to level 100 recently.
    But now?
    Gone.
    Whats the point of hitting 100 now if you don't cash shop for gear?
    Nobody will be doing TT any longer so.. meh.
    I pity my cleric, she's going to be so weak now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited December 2010
    <- 8 gold until rank 8. Free to play b:cute

Might as well have some fun if the game is dead
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What the b:shocked are everyone talking about...isnt 72 gold only like 10k rep? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    What the b:shocked are everyone talking about...isnt 72 gold only like 10k rep? o.O

Check again b:surrender
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

so you just check the game and site today eh ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:surrender yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _TricK - Raging Tide
    _TricK - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well. I don't know what a bunch of rank 8's and rank 9's are gonna do now. Keep doing 15 minute Nirvana runs over and over, have fun doing FC bosses?

There will be nothing left to achieve.
    Not everyone wants to PvP. It is generally a PvE server. So rank 8's can farm TT now, great.

Well. I guess I will learn to live with it.

And to Man: I think it's the best time to pull a Lost City/Dreamweaver.

Thats what I think.

But to those who saying the game died, It probably did, but there will always be people who play the game for the sake of playing it.

Enjoying killing mobs with rank8, so it won't die, but in your hearts, it did.

I think it did too, but what choice do I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    I think it did too, but what choice do I have.

Plenty , this should be a wake up call to ppl .

More RL activities or try other games ? Don't want to let go of friends? They can't admit the fact that this game is dead and will play it no matter what happens? Try to open their eyes then , there's no need for any1 to pay this anymore .

Friends can move together to something .

Don't be so attached to the game , no matter what game it is .

Be attached to the ppl and go to whatever game is more fun for you & your friends .

Yes it's very hard to let go , we're all facing that right now but gotta man up & just do it , just think of playing something that's fun & enjoyable with your close friends b:dirty

Moving on is always a great move .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
    edited December 2010

Moving on is always a great move .

GW2 for europeans b:dirty

WTT 15 gold for $15
  • Eriion - Raging Tide
    Eriion - Raging Tide Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't get why people are so depresed, desperated and paranoid about Rank 9. I mean at least on RT who were able to get it? We have Whomper, Miyake and Pooh I guess... so hummm.... ok the already OP heavy Cser barb, archer and sin got even more OP gear, while the other players got the gear those had before ( rank 8 at least for myiake and pooh ). So what really changed? lol Nothing from my point of view. Whomper will still be the hardest barb to kill, Miyake will still pwn events and make people rage at TW and Pooh will still kill anyone he wants at pvp when he goes out of stealth mode. So... why so much drama? What really has changed? lol b:pleased
  • cheapazz
    cheapazz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't get why people are so depresed, desperated and paranoid about Rank 9. I mean at least on RT who were able to get it? We have Whomper, Miyake and Pooh I guess... so hummm.... ok the already OP heavy Cser barb, archer and sin got even more OP gear, while the other players got the gear those had before ( rank 8 at least for myiake and pooh ). So what really changed? lol Nothing from my point of view. Whomper will still be the hardest barb to kill, Miyake will still pwn events and make people rage at TW and Pooh will still kill anyone he wants at pvp when he goes out of stealth mode. So... why so much drama? What really has changed? lol b:pleased

the point here is:

20% of the server r casual cs and can aford the R8 (i havent log yet idk about the packs and stuff so idk if i can aford or if i want to spend $ on shards/refines etc) 10% r heavy cs, ppl that already have +10 weapons and good gears (some of them farmed/merchant etc and dindt spent a dime) and 2-3% are brutal cs and have everything +12 with vit/def stones etc etc

ther other 65% is ****. those guys have no chance at all to do anything in this game anymore. they cant pvp they cant tw at all. before thay had the chance to hit 100 fast and farm like a ****. now they cant.

the dif between some1 like me with a tt90 (was waiting to hit 100 to MAYBE buy the lunar weapon cuz it was like 120$ and i already was like this game is dead yo!) and some1 with a lunar +10 is huge. now the dif between some1 with a R8 +3-+5 and a +12 is abismal.

idc about the R9 and im sure a LOT of ppl can aford it here in RT but tws are going to be a 1 shot festival. there is no chance for no cs ppl to lvl and make a dif in tw anymore no matter how hard they try. so tws r going to be cs's vs cs's and still is going to be a 1 shot festival. where is the fun in that? not to mention that after u get ur r8 u pretty much dont need to farm sht. just charge a bit more and get ur ornamanets 40mils decides (30$ atm) and bang u r a 4-5 aps w/o nothing to do but pk (yeah right) and tws (which r going to suck even more)

i was just like u thinking this was going to help casual cs like me but it isnt. the game wasnt that fun since u lvl 2 fast and u dont have 2 many things to do after u lvld.

i may log to talk with my guild depending of ppl in varden say/think im out of this game. no point on spending 200$ on a dead game ijs.
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    More RL activities or try other games ? Don't want to let go of friends? They can't admit the fact that this game is dead and will play it no matter what happens? Try to open their eyes then , there's no need for any1 to pay this anymore .

This. I get tired of people complaining about using the excuse that they can't quit because their friends still play. Add them on *insert social networking site and/or messenger here* and move on. Otherwise stop whining about how bad the game sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This. I get tired of people complaining about using the excuse that they can't quit because their friends still play. Add them on *insert social networking site and/or messenger here* and move on. Otherwise stop whining about how bad the game sucks.

Lol I used to be one of those who said I couldn't quit cause of friends...
    Its one of the 3 reasons I play PWI to this day but everyone I know is quitting.
    Guess its time to follow suit :)

Besides, need to catch up with my history grades... I have an F again
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited December 2010
    So what really changed? lol Nothing from my point of view. Whomper will still be the hardest barb to kill, Miyake will still pwn events and make people rage at TW and Pooh will still kill anyone he wants at pvp when he goes out of stealth mode. So... why so much drama? What really has changed? lol b:pleased

/facepalm moment

Must be cool seeing ppl going from tt90 to r8 now b:shocked

Farming is kinda pointless since the gear you get from tts & nirvana ain't rly worth much anymore and the gold is higher than ever . You'd basically need a squad of OP 5 aps farming for quite a while in order to catch up with some1 that just charged 50$ .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • shocktroop
    shocktroop Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lulz@teh turds who sey the gaem is ded. New playas replenish the people whoo quit.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    shocktroop wrote: »
    lulz@teh turds who sey the gaem is ded. New playas replenish the people whoo quit.

oh that so . . ho ho . . b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Man - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    /facepalm moment

Must be cool seeing ppl going from tt90 to r8 now b:shocked

Farming is kinda pointless since the gear you get from tts & nirvana ain't rly worth much anymore and the gold is higher than ever . You'd basically need a squad of OP 5 aps farming for quite a while in order to catch up with some1 that just charged 50$ .

Rank 8 is that much different from lunar bow? Pw does not revolve around these forums believe it or not, Raging Tide at least.

Most are oblivious and are enjoying questing to level 80, grinding on mobs, doing dq and dq and one man armies. Grinding on foxwings or spiders. Trying ever so hard to find a tank for jewels or krimson or gouf.

Point is if you are depressed and depressing then hurry up and leave if your going too. Don't let the door hit you as your leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 8 is that much different from lunar bow? Pw does not revolve around these forums believe it or not, Raging Tide at least.

Most are oblivious and are enjoying questing to level 80, grinding on mobs, doing dq and dq and one man armies. Grinding on foxwings or spiders. Trying ever so hard to find a tank for jewels or krimson or gouf.

Point is if you are depressed and depressing then hurry up and leave if your going too. Don't let the door hit you as your leaving.

+1

.....and not because you are my guild leader
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]