Cant we get snowballs and the weapon? :/

ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I went to the snowman tamer but nothing... didnt people get snowballs etc last year? o:
/inb4rankjokes
Post edited by ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol Rank 10 = snowball launcher and 10 snowballs

I'll give it a shot when I get home, I guess. I just use a bow. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Happy now Thanos? Now every caster gets R8 and there's no longer need for farming b:bye.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Happy now Thanos? Now every caster gets R8 and there's no longer need for farming b:bye.

i dun haz r8b:shocked crappy g13 nirvb:shocked

on a more serious note, even thought i generally understand that pwe is a company and the are expected and should aim for profit i cant really say that this was nice. makes me wonder, what's next? r9 for 50$? 5$ for DO?

a cry a little inside when I think what i could have instead of g13 nirv.
    on the other hand i think of people that payed the full cost of r8, people that were close to r9 and i say: i'm happy i'm not in their place.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I went to the snowman tamer but nothing... didnt people get snowballs etc last year? o:
    /inb4rankjokes

Unfortunately, due to the game version difference between this year and 2008, the actual snowman quests are not functioning as they did before. We've been working to see what kind of special x-mas functionalities we can implement this year, and we'll hopefully have good news on that front in the coming weeks--
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Frankie. The archers wont let me kill snowmen. They are alot faster with a bow then me and just forget about trying to run up to a snowman. Hopefully you come up with something I can participate in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Unfortunately, due to the game version difference between this year and 2008, the actual snowman quests are not functioning as they did before. We've been working to see what kind of special x-mas functionalities we can implement this year, and we'll hopefully have good news on that front in the coming weeks--

te~he, i wanna go pew pew with snowball/snowsphere xD
  • qqpwi
    qqpwi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    te~he, i wanna go pew pew with snowball/snowsphere xD

ME TOOO!!!!! b:bye
    edited December 2010
    on the other hand... imagine a 5aps with snowballs...irl...

RUN
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you Frankie. The archers wont let me kill snowmen. They are alot faster with a bow then me and just forget about trying to run up to a snowman. Hopefully you come up with something I can participate in.

Just do wot i do, get a cheap bow and arrows, equip, then give those archers a run for the snowmens.
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Unfortunately, due to the game version difference between this year and 2008, the actual PWI ISN'T WORKING AS IT DID BEFORE.

OH I get it now b:pleased
    edited December 2010
    Just do wot i do, get a cheap bow and arrows, equip, then give those archers a run for the snowmens.

Thats the problem. The archers can shoot from farther away then me with a bow it seems. I've already tried a bow. And they can get their skills off faster too it seems. So I cant just use scarabs on em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    /inb4rankjokes

I am kind of OCD i was beating my head against the desk thinking i was too stupid to figure out where to get the snowball launcher + snowballs.

Some wizards in my faction still have it from last year though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    /inb4rankjokes

u need to buy the r9 weap + snow balls
    duh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    oh I Get It Now B:pleased

Lmao!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thats the problem. The archers can shoot from farther away then me with a bow it seems. I've already tried a bow. And they can get their skills off faster too it seems. So I cant just use scarabs on em.
    This would be an excellent time to get a ranged pet. I highly recommend having one, not just for this, but I've solo tanked quite a few bosses with my Eldergoth Marksman ("Wookie"). There are quite a few bosses that have a huge physical attack but a weak ranged magical attack (like Yan the Traitor or most of the bosses for the OHT quests), and so a ranged pet has much higher survivability than even the best non-ranged pet tanks, for that level in that situation. It's also quite handy when luring, since the pet can attack from further away.

Just unselect the ranged pet's default attack, and then use the attack button to use their ranged attack only.

The Eldergoth Marksman is level 41, and probably the best of the ranged pets. At high levels it has the highest HP and DPS of all ranged pets, and comparably decent stats in everything else, except accuracy. You can compare ranged pets at Ecatomb's Pet Simulator (PWI), if you set the type to Ranged and the level to 90 or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Marksman lacks the worldy sophistication of a cactopod b:chuckle

I too was disappointed that the snowman tamer was getting kickbacks from the frosty union to not give up the launchers this year.

I got on my sin got a few min and tossed daggers at them. After killing about 20 with only 3 chi stones popping out I went back. Now I just melee random ones by npcs if I see one. Soulsphere is like beating them with a rock lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Then you what?
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010

You just need to find a good spot. There are lots of snowmen everywere. Yesterday, I was about two hours there, leveling my pet, without problem. And I haven't a bow, to lazy to be wasting arrows.

Each spot always have two snowmen, so I waited them to spawn, send pet to one and I hit the other [just learn how to take advantage of the tab key + pet atack shortcut + your own meele atack shortcut], then wait at other spot, and so. I used four spots. After ending the chain, return to the first one, just at time of the respawn.

It's a bit dificult at first [and you can loose times if you have luck with the drops, so try then less spots], but once you made your chain and get used to it, it's very easy. And no need for a bow.
    [insert sig here]
    edited December 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    This would be an excellent time to get a ranged pet. I highly recommend having one, not just for this, but I've solo tanked quite a few bosses with my Eldergoth Marksman ("Wookie"). There are quite a few bosses that have a huge physical attack but a weak ranged magical attack (like Yan the Traitor or most of the bosses for the OHT quests), and so a ranged pet has much higher survivability than even the best non-ranged pet tanks, for that level in that situation. It's also quite handy when luring, since the pet can attack from further away.

Just unselect the ranged pet's default attack, and then use the attack button to use their ranged attack only.

The Eldergoth Marksman is level 41, and probably the best of the ranged pets. At high levels it has the highest HP and DPS of all ranged pets, and comparably decent stats in everything else, except accuracy. You can compare ranged pets at Ecatomb's Pet Simulator (PWI), if you set the type to Ranged and the level to 90 or so.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For all casters, especially venos, do what I did for my veno. I got a level 1 bow and a boatload of arrows. I hunted snowmen with my pets out and put 3 levels on my Golem and 14 levels on my Sawfly just basically standing in one area. Sure there are those who will come in and beat you to the shot now and then, but they eventually move on.

For you clerics, yes, plume shot & razor feathers are physical attacks and will kill snowmen, but a bow has no channeling time, which means faster attacks.

GET A BOW AND GET THAT GENIE FOOD!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • clanclan
    clanclan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Not only are the Christmas quest not available. The snowmen exp/spirit has been drastically cut, as well as the drop rate. Just an observation. The way the snowmen are this year, I personally see no point in even killing them
    edited December 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laughOMG I LOVE THAT SIGGY!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]