My Personal Opinion.

Saytan - Raging Tide
Saytan - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
im pretty sure this sale is only because they wanna make money because there greedy, after this sale they wudda made a ton of money, everyones going to be walking around with a rank 8 set, after the damage is done there going to lift the Level cap from 105 and make it larger and come out with more sales and more stupid weapons and make more people spend there money. that being said im pretty sure rank 8 soon enuff will be useless.
that to ME is the only reason PWI wud do such a stupid move...everyone spends a ton of money, buy rank 8-9... lift level cap from 105, come out with more sales and so on and so forth.

like i said its only my opinion. but it does make a little sense.
Post edited by Saytan - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Saytan - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    it makes sense in a way. very stupid and so much for a f2p mmo...
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Higher level cap would be nice, esp. without exponential exp requirements....

But yea, they are in buisness to make money, not to provide a free to play game. All buisness want to make money. PWE's problem is that they fail to realize that, to make more money in the long run it is a better idea to satisfy your customers than to exploit them by making a free to play, pay to win kind of game. Thinking short term is what destroys so many businesses, and I hope they realize it before it's too late.

Just my 2 cents.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Higher level cap would be nice, esp. without exponential exp requirements....

But yea, they are in buisness to make money, not to provide a free to play game. All buisness want to make money. PWE's problem is that they fail to realize that, to make more money in the long run it is a better idea to satisfy your customers than to exploit them by making a free to play, pay to win kind of game. Thinking short term is what destroys so many businesses, and I hope they realize it before it's too late.

Just my 2 cents.

It's no too late?
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    personally I dont care if ppl can pay real money to get rank over 9000 gearb:chuckle

but I care for the gold prices that affects all the economy in game, these greedy **** (real cash shopers selling gold) are ruining the fun to a lot of ppl who think a game is to have fun. b:angry
  • Saytan - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    i completely agree with what your saying, and think of this? if the level cap stays and everyone has rank 8-9... whats the point of spending more money? u already can buy the best stuff in game pretty much for 72$.... its ridiculous... there blatantly making money off this game... if people that actually play this game as a F2P.... goodluck getting anywhere in this game...
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is what exactly will happen.

They are releasing all this powerful stuff cheap so that the power hungry ones will buy, but they will only enjoy being powerful for a few weeks when the expansion comes. It is not a coincidence this happened just a little before the expansion, I tell you.

Oh well the greediness knows no limits, I was playing FW Closed Beta but didn't really quit PWI, now I'm pretty sure I won't come back to play it seriously ever again.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Saytan - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    This is what exactly will happen.

They are releasing all this powerful stuff cheap so that the power hungry ones will buy, but they will only enjoy being powerful for a few weeks when the expansion comes. It is not a coincidence this happened just a little before the expansion, I tell you.

Oh well the greediness knows no limits, I was playing FW Closed Beta but didn't really quit PWI, now I'm pretty sure I won't come back to play it seriously ever again.

i never thouqht of that asheera.... it makes sense... rite before expansion... new levels... new classes... new weapons.. new armours... sheesh... it actually makes sense...
  • Saytan - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    and asheera i dont think movin to FW is beneficial at all.... its made by the same company.... can easily be currupted by them too.
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    personally I dont care if ppl can pay real money to get rank over 9000 gearb:chuckle

but I care for the gold prices that affects all the economy in game, these greedy **** (real cash shopers selling gold) are ruining the fun to a lot of ppl who think a game is to have fun. b:angry

Supply and demand. Is the fault of the person selling or the fault of the person buying ? after all you can only sell if theres a demand for what your selling. .

If you want something bad enough you will pay the asking price. Its only being human to want to make as much profit as you can.
  • Saytan - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    yea chop
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    and asheera i dont think movin to FW is beneficial at all.... its made by the same company.... can easily be currupted by them too.

FW is already corrupted. there been mass of articles and proves how a whole faction got into phase 1, cause a faction leader had contact to a GM. they been even discussing it in their own forums and thats how it went public.
    many mmo sites been talking about it...
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    FW is already corrupted. there been mass of articles and proves how a whole faction got into phase 1, cause a faction leader had contact to a GM. they been even discussing it in their own forums and thats how it went public.
    many mmo sites been talking about it...

I find it hard to believe that ppl would go play FW when the same company did this to pwi.
    I mean they named their company after this game and they would shove a tree trunk up its *** with no lube.

zzz...b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I find it hard to believe that ppl would go play FW when the same company did this to pwi.
    I mean they named their company after this game and they would shove a tree trunk up its *** with no lube.

zzz...b:pleased

here for entertaintment. 20k keys been spread around and actually around 10% got in phase 1...including whole faction with ALL of his members.
    http://www.fwhaven.com/index.php?/topic/90-the-real-reason-you-didnt-get-into-cb1

but i still think..rep should have never gone on sale. not with tokens, badges or in boutique. it would be more fair to gain reputation FAIR way (quests, fbs, events). now its nothing special anymore.
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.