TT 3-2 EMPEROR: Squad Setup and Tactic

HippiePanda - Sanctuary
HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey folks,

tonight we were doing TT 3-2 for chrono and gold mats, but squad was ***** by Emperor.
He onehitted both BMs, both Clerics and ofcourse the wizard. I am not sure but i think he dealed 8000 damage on me.
I think we got the wrong squad setup, i heared an archer tanks him ???

I am so clueless, i never did 3-2 before, neither my mates, this boss was just HORRIBLE!

I'd like to know:
1. the best Squad setup.
2. the best tactic not to get onehitted or in heavy trouble.

Anything else important ? Let me know b:cry
Post edited by HippiePanda - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Archer/sin with bow is probably the best idea for this boss. No offense to barbs/BMs, but your magdef is low (especially if you're one of those stupid people that got evasion neck+adorn for 5aps). I would definitely take some pdef and mdef charms for this guy also.

As for tanker's stats...definitely 10k+ HP. Not sure on pdef/mdef, but should be decent too.

Position everyone in a circle in the room before Snake. Tank should be in the middle of the room and clerics behind him as far back as possible. Move as necessary.

When he says "Ah! Fresh flesh!"...be prepared. It's his magic damage AOE.

This is about all I can tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thanks for the answer.
    well i can tank that guy pretty well, aslong clerics stay alive. I have buffed 20k HP in tiger form as demon barb and use an +5 (lvl 12) element necklace - shouldnt be a problem for me! The problem is all others die through one shot!

When an Archer tanks him, only the archer gets attacked right ?
    How often does the boss get use of the deadly AoE ?

Are two clerics necessary? Are both clerics healing the archer with IH or does one cleric set up BB to heal/reduce damage at the other cleric ?

Whats the point being in a cirlce ?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I never said it wasn't doable with barb tank...just that it's easier with ranged.

And no. Emp has a close-range AOE phys damage and later stun/poison. This is one of the reasons for archer tank so don't have to deal with it. Later he has random aggro which is the reason for everyone in a circle around the room. He says something like "Hatred is like the clouds in the sky" when he random aggroes.

As for how often the AOE is...it depends. Sometimes he'll use it a lot, sometimes just a couple times, and sometimes never if you're lucky.

Both clerics should be healing the archer, ressing if someone dies, purifying Occult Ice, and staying away from Emp. Do not use BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Out of curiosity and because my faction has a bunch of cultis in there coming up...

How do you positon the archer in respect to the cleric and empe if you want to tank him ranged? Archer between the boss and clerics in the middle of the room? Or archer on a balcony? When I did my culti we tried with an archer tank but failed. Ended up slugging through with a barb tank and 2 good clerics. And me spamming lending hand for invoke. Would love to know if there's an easier way.

Oh and what kind of gear would the archer need? Is decently refined tt90 good enough or would he need tt99 or better?
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    He is doable with 5 aps bm with low mdef aswell and one cleric, fast dd squad kill him fast and it costs only few damage reduction charms (to reduce damage from magic attacks), tanking him with archer/sin with bow works too. Doesnt matter really if cleric can handle him.
    Also, about his shouts, he has 2 magic metal aoes :
    "Ah! Fresh flesh!"- its frontal metal aoe which doesnt hit that hard
    "Your souls will be my slaves...bla bla" - is wide range metal aoe which hits the harderst from all his attacks, also causes freeze and sometimes slow channel. If u cant handle this one, you need resist or damage reduction charms ive already mentioned
    Also, be careful when he does "Do you realize what is your final judgment?" - sealing water occult ice can be problem if you have only one cleric and its casted on him/her.