Thunderdeath!!

Options
RedFangz - Heavens Tear
RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
hello, recently ive posted a question asking what weapon i was supposed to use when i turn lvl 80,,

people told me that i should stick with my clamities (2soc + 4, vit +11 , 2 immac amber) or buy Lion king axes for the gain 5% hp ,,

recently, i saw Thunderdeath Edges in the TT forge..

should i take time to make or buy this weapon?

i dunno if it will be good for a barb though..

:)
True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
>>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RedFangz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Since those are TT80 gold they will bind on equipping, and they're not any better than the other TT80 axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Since you are asking for a barbs point of view, Fuzzy going to move this to the sub forum for barbs...

As to your question, there is nothing wrong with the Thunderdeath's, Fuzzy himself build a pair at level 80 and they served him very well. However, there are different axes for different situations. Also, as mentioned by Nowitsawn, being that they are a gold weapon, they will auto-bind to your character as soon as you equip it.

There are 4 different axes to choose from the TT path at level 80. Of the 4, the Thunderdeath's are the only auto-bind set. So, be sure to keep that in mind if you intend to follow a weapon progression path to a 90 set. Of the 4, in Fuzzy's opinion, the Thunderdeath and the Lion King's are the best too choose from.

If you love to tank and find yourself at the head of that pack in every instance you run, the Lion King's are perhaps the better way to go. They give some extra str & dex, and when the Regen add proc's, you get a nice little bump back to your hp. If you find you enjoy a mix between tanking and a little pk on the side, Fuzzy would say the Thunderdeath's are the better choice. HP+205 never hurts, also the phys attack boost and extra 2% crit is fairly noticeable. (Especially when you have Blood Bath going)

Fuzzy was always curious to try the Giant Ape's for the 3 second stun (could be handy in pk) however, in the panda's personal opinion, the Thunderdeath's were the better choice.

In the end, the choice is yours and you need to pick the axe set that has stats to compliment your playing style. Think about what your barb may be lacking (str? dex? vit?) and try and use weapons / gear that will enhance how your barb works by padding a stat here and there that could use a little boost.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Pwnificator - Sanctuary
    Pwnificator - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Since you are asking for a barbs point of view, Fuzzy going to move this to the sub forum for barbs...

As to your question, there is nothing wrong with the Thunderdeath's, Fuzzy himself build a pair at level 80 and they served him very well. However, there are different axes for different situations. Also, as mentioned by Nowitsawn, being that they are a gold weapon, they will auto-bind to your character as soon as you equip it.

There are 4 different axes to choose from the TT path at level 80. Of the 4, the Thunderdeath's are the only auto-bind set. So, be sure to keep that in mind if you intend to follow a weapon progression path to a 90 set. Of the 4, in Fuzzy's opinion, the Thunderdeath and the Lion King's are the best too choose from.

If you love to tank and find yourself at the head of that pack in every instance you run, the Lion King's are perhaps the better way to go. They give some extra str & dex, and when the Regen add proc's, you get a nice little bump back to your hp. If you find you enjoy a mix between tanking and a little pk on the side, Fuzzy would say the Thunderdeath's are the better choice. HP+205 never hurts, also the phys attack boost and extra 2% crit is fairly noticeable. (Especially when you have Blood Bath going)

Fuzzy was always curious to try the Giant Ape's for the 3 second stun (could be handy in pk) however, in the panda's personal opinion, the Thunderdeath's were the better choice.

In the end, the choice is yours and you need to pick the axe set that has stats to compliment your playing style. Think about what your barb may be lacking (str? dex? vit?) and try and use weapons / gear that will enhance how your barb works by padding a stat here and there that could use a little boost.

b:thanks
    Too much 3rd person makes Pwn's head hurt >.<.

On topic, the regeneration proc is nice for PVE, however if your into PVP stick with the Calamities. They have a great HP bonus, and if they proc on an armageddon, most things that arnt HA will die in one hit.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I happen to love the Lion King axes on my barb. Have 2 Garnets and +4. Between those and BloodPaint, I can do normal bosses without a cleric or pots LOL. Makes Polearm a lot easier too.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I just went with Lion Kings so I can get GXs at 90.

TT80 gold is a waste imo, plus no resell value.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im not going to lie I have most of the HH80 gold armour and i have a set of thunderdeaths and well i love em wouldnt get any other weapon, so it all really depends on you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what about giant ape axes though?
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you're a carebear tank barb, like me, then Giant Ape axes are nice. The stun procs a lot, so grinding isn't bad with them. However, the ultimate 8x tank weapon has to be the Pan Gu's Giant Axe. The Chi Shield is really nice with no BB, as it gives the same effect (Bless).
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    why does gatherstom cost more though?? is pan gu's better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]