Solution to people blaming you for their fault

Endranxe - Dreamweaver
Endranxe - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Cleric
Dear PWI Community,

I've just made my first cleric and been reading the forums for guides and what not. It seems MANY MANY MANY clerics have problems with people blaming them for everything during instances where it was clearly not their fault.

Well as I see it, there are not too many clerics so you have the upper hand. I don't know if this will work but I will surely try it when I do my BH29 and so forth.

Right when entering...say

(Edit)

Before we start, I'd like to say something.

To everyone that wants to steal aggro, please watch your health as I may not be able to heal you if the tank is in trouble.

and To all you awesome people that want to work together, lets do this

Venos if you can't pull, please practice outside. We'll use genies for this run.

Barbs, please for the love of god use flesh realm as much as possible

Oh and on a final note, if you die and it was your fault stop blaming me and everyone else

I'm sure there are plenty other reasons clerics are blamed so modify this to your experiences I suppose.

(Had to edit and modify as the first version was a total fail, thanks to Samaela and Phoenix for your input

Sincerely,

Endranxe
Post edited by Endranxe - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just wondering, why was this thread necessary? We got just about a million of these topics and to be honest, I believe most of the clerics do say what you say we should do.

Or well, most clerics might be a bit more polite about it before someone actually do make a huge mistake. Why swear at someone before they've done anything wrong? Sure, tell them what you want, but trust me, I'd instantly left any squad that swore at me before we'd even started the run.

Also, you are a hypocrite. People should stop shouting at you and still you are incredible rude before anyone even done anything.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    yup try this , and then all peoole u squad with will kick u out for a reason , and they will be right.

Less QQ , more brains pls b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Hoc - Dreamweaver
    Hoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Btw, this is Endranxe (changed to post something in the Archer forum) sorry for the inconvenience.
    Just wondering, why was this thread necessary? We got just about a million of these topics and to be honest, I believe most of the clerics do say what you say we should do.

Or well, most clerics might be a bit more polite about it before someone actually do make a huge mistake. Why swear at someone before they've done anything wrong? Sure, tell them what you want, but trust me, I'd instantly left any squad that swore at me before we'd even started the run.

Also, you are a hypocrite. People should stop shouting at you and still you are incredible rude before anyone even done anything.

Well, yeah I suppose you are right. It is a bit rude when I read it over b:surrender. But I mean it wouldn't hurt you to say something similar in a more refined approach. And MANY threads aren't necessary lol, just an opinion that is out there and can be argued.

So, there you have it don't swear and don't be rude but mentioning wouldn't hurt you. Yeah I am a hypocrite, working on it b:surrender. Didn't really mean to shout just wanted to put more of an emphasis on that part.

yup try this , and then all peoole u squad with will kick u out for a reason , and they will be right.

Less QQ , more brains pls b:bye

I am not b:cry, I've just seen a lot of people on the forum that are so I thought I would post this. And yeah I mentioned it to the other reply, say something similar but with a more refined approach. Also if you get kicked for mentioning it you shouldn't be in that squad seeing as the people don't want to listen to you.

A benefit of being a cleric...everyone needs you and finding another squad is not that hard. Not at lower levels atleast. Not too sure about higher levels.
    In conclusion, this is a suggestion and not something you are being told to do. But yes both of you are right. I would be a complete **** if I did say that in that fashion. So thankyou for pointing that out.
  • Flying_Flash - Sanctuary
    Flying_Flash - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Haha I think I would find it hard to say any of that to a squad. After all, everyone has their off days and everyone screws up every so often. Its part of life. Only thing you can do during those times is have everyone fight together and cover it up which I find better than complaining and accusing people of such things, hehe.

Only time I would even consider saying such things is if it really turned into the squad from hell or if someone else started yelling at another class like so. At least then they have it coming lol
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Am I the only cleric who doesn't have this problem? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Endranxe - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Haha I think I would find it hard to say any of that to a squad. After all, everyone has their off days and everyone screws up every so often. Its part of life. Only thing you can do during those times is have everyone fight together and cover it up which I find better than complaining and accusing people of such things, hehe.

Only time I would even consider saying such things is if it really turned into the squad from hell or if someone else started yelling at another class like so. At least then they have it coming lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. Everyone has their off days.

But you know every now and then there are those egotistical morons that want to solo the WHOLE thing and when they die they don't want to take any responsibility for it? Those are the people that need to hear it. I mean hey I am an egotistical moron sometimes b:victory, but I never blame the cleric if I steal aggro and die on my sin.

So I guess, this isn't worth using everytime, well I don't know when its good to use but may be handy sometimes xD...

Like you say "than complaining and accusing people of such things, hehe." I guess this could be a pro active way to solve the problem. If you say it early enough you could be just making a general statement rather then an accusation.
  • Flying_Flash - Sanctuary
    Flying_Flash - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ooo definitely, I guess I just think that everyone around my level should pretty much know what they should & should not do minus all the oracle noobs. Maybe the lower bh's are a problem, idk, I never really had to mess with them because when they first introduced them I was already doing 51 runs & those went for the most part smooth.

And I've never had a problem with squads except once when a barb was complaining at me for letting his charm tick after I told him I was afk & he ran ahead straight into some mobs b:chuckle
  • Endranxe - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    b:surrender
    Ooo definitely, I guess I just think that everyone around my level should pretty much know what they should & should not do minus all the oracle noobs. Maybe the lower bh's are a problem, idk, I never really had to mess with them because when they first introduced them I was already doing 51 runs & those went for the most part smooth.

And I've never had a problem with squads except once when a barb was complaining at me for letting his charm tick after I told him I was afk & he ran ahead straight into some mobs b:chuckle

Lol, this post wasn't really based on my experience as a cleric but more of what a lot of clerics are b:cry ing about on the forums. Yeah most of my runs go smooth also, and yeah xD I hate barbs that complain about wasting their charm. If you don't want to do that then don't use a charm.

I mean I've seen enough deaths on my sin and although most of them were mine and and 90% of them were my fault I didn't b-tch as the cleric. But I have come across people that steal aggro and then complain.

Lol I feel like this post accomplished nothing, but I'll post it anyway b:surrender
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First off, take the forums with a grain of salt. Most people who post here are going to QQ about things. Anticipate that the QQ here is inflated. It isn't so bad in game.

Secondly, to find yourself in less crappy positions, make friends. Going with them gets you accustomed to their style of play and makes it easier on yourself, usually, because random squads will be, well, random. I would say the majority of situations where squads get ****ed up is a) bossy/argumentative/e-peen stuff going on, or b) just doing stuff and not communicating, especially if you're a barb/puller/tank or cleric.

This seems like much better advice than the OP.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited December 2010
    Or just re-roll a female toon.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Solution is QQ moar QQer. They will stop maybe :D
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've just stopped wasting my mana on rezzing n00bs that steal aggro and can't tank long enough for me to heal them. Obviously, I will rez if a Wiz takes aggro once or twice unintentionally, but if they do it 6 times before the boss... They can just go to town and run back in, or leave squad.

If squad leader kicks me out of squad, then it's up to them to find a new cleric.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you see someone doesn't know how to play their role, make some helpful suggestions. Use "please" and "thank you". If they can't or won't stop doing things that end up with people dying, don't squad with them in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There's something that you will never completely overcome,it's called"Players which doesn't visit the forum",which are the vast majority I fear.

<-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Crimmeh - Sanctuary
    Crimmeh - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ill admit I have had people blame me for them dying an the likes but in all honesty I cant be bothered with it. If those in the squad want to have an aggro war then someone will die. B*itching at the cleric while they focus on the TANK, which btw is usually a barb, and is trying to keep them alive so all the mobs dont kill everyone else off, is not going to help you get rezzed any faster.

Normally, if I get into a squad that just wants to b*tch and moan about how I didnt keep them alive I just rez them and keep quiet the rest of the run. Things happen that make it impossible for a heal to continuously run around, even if squad heal is used. Lag issues, disconnecting, all the works. Ive stated that I have lag and that someone MAY DIE if they go and do something that pulls aggro from the tank, that i apologize if it happens, but I still get harped on cause they died. DONT pull agrro if you dont want to DIE. Doing so is YOUR own fault, and you shouldnt b*tch at the cleric for an issue THEY CANT CONTROL.
  • Light_bearer - Harshlands
    Light_bearer - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    HA! you're complaining about b1tching and getting blamed while ur still pre-8x? you will HATE low lvl FC.b:surrenderb:surrender

i always die at dreadlindra aka bishop boss coz the DDs dont fckn know how to kill bishops and save me. and YES i always keep myself IHed and always purify anyone that needs it (level 10 puri).

now if having to release several times at the 1 boss is bad enough, the BM has the AUDACITY to ask if i've FCed before and if i knew what i was doing!!!b:angry

i can easily keep myself and everyone else alive in every other situation INCLUDING the Diabolic Shocktrooper aka random aggro boss, which suggests i know wtf im doing.

*sigh* it *usually* gets better as squad level increases, but i had one FC run with a 94 BM who didnt know wtf he was doing and failed at handling the bishops at the bishop boss ><grrrrr

well...thus ends my rant lol...i've never ranted on the forums before b:laugh
  • Alasiah - Lost City
    Alasiah - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:chuckleLOL so true! Don't mind the trollers, this post made my day! Thanks for the smiles!b:thanks
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Am I the only cleric who doesn't have this problem? b:chuckle

No, my cleric doesn't have this problem too xD
    But a cleric has already been angry with my sin cause she said i didn't saved her when in a bh she was attacked by 2 mobs.. But i tried to save her, but it didn't work :S
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • /Fox - Harshlands154
    /Fox - Harshlands154 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    HA! you're complaining about b1tching and getting blamed while ur still pre-8x? you will HATE low lvl FC.b:surrenderb:surrender

i always die at dreadlindra aka bishop boss coz the DDs dont fckn know how to kill bishops and save me. and YES i always keep myself IHed and always purify anyone that needs it (level 10 puri).

now if having to release several times at the 1 boss is bad enough, the BM has the AUDACITY to ask if i've FCed before and if i knew what i was doing!!!b:angry

i can easily keep myself and everyone else alive in every other situation INCLUDING the Diabolic Shocktrooper aka random aggro boss, which suggests i know wtf im doing.

*sigh* it *usually* gets better as squad level increases, but i had one FC run with a 94 BM who didnt know wtf he was doing and failed at handling the bishops at the bishop boss ><grrrrr

well...thus ends my rant lol...i've never ranted on the forums before b:laugh

ive only done 2 fc's both at lvl 80 only 1 was with hyper exp stones ..i didnt like either run i found it boring and i got killed by 1 boss several times (cant remember wat boss). luckily as the squad knew it was my 1st run they didnt complain as i managed 2 keep the squad alive except from the barb dying twice and a sin once. usually when people start 2 rage @ me for not keeping them alive i just lol at them and refuse 2 res..if its the tank i just leave squad, i dont like tanks that cant take responsibility for their own mistakes ( like aggroing 20+ mobs in one go in a bh im helping with but dont need myself) and expect me to keep them alive.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No, my cleric doesn't have this problem too xD
    But a cleric has already been angry with my sin cause she said i didn't saved her when in a bh she was attacked by 2 mobs.. But i tried to save her, but it didn't work :S

lol that cleric needs to learn to keep herself alive a bit lol =x i mean no need to count 100% on someone else to save your *** =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Dear PWI Community,

I've just made my first cleric and been reading the forums for guides and what not. It seems MANY MANY MANY clerics have problems with people blaming them for everything during instances where it was clearly not their fault.

Well as I see it, there are not too many clerics so you have the upper hand. I don't know if this will work but I will surely try it when I do my BH29 and so forth.

Right when entering...say

(Edit)

Before we start, I'd like to say something.

To everyone that wants to steal aggro, please watch your health as I may not be able to heal you if the tank is in trouble.

and To all you awesome people that want to work together, lets do this

Venos if you can't pull, please practice outside. We'll use genies for this run.

Barbs, please for the love of god use flesh realm as much as possible

Oh and on a final note, if you die and it was your fault stop blaming me and everyone else

I'm sure there are plenty other reasons clerics are blamed so modify this to your experiences I suppose.

(Had to edit and modify as the first version was a total fail, thanks to Samaela and Phoenix for your input

Sincerely,

Endranxe

lol erm first your thingy sounds rude like others said ^^" better not say that if you dont wanne get angry replies seconde as a cleric i learned if plp try to blame shiiet i wont let them they just try me, talk back show them what shiit they wanne do without you xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if someone makes a mistake and it's rlly their fault and they then blame me for it............I call them out on it. Happend to me in an 80+ fc run a few days ago when the barb got caught in Slasher's blast radius and got one shotted and then started cussing at me when I didn't rezz him immediately. Here's what I told him: "It's not my ******* fault you got caught by Slasher's blast!!! Cleric's can heal battlefield wounds, but I can't heal STUPIDITY, that ability isn't in my skill tree."b:byeb:byeb:byeb:bye He shut up after that. Thanks to having an ossim psy who could kite Slasher while I played the janitor, the squad didn't wipe while I mopped up that QQer. Barb was the ONLY one who got caught by the blast, not once but 3 times in just that boss battle.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if someone makes a mistake and it's rlly their fault and they then blame me for it............I call them out on it. Happend to me in an 80+ fc run a few days ago when the barb got caught in Slasher's blast radius and got one shotted and then started cussing at me when I didn't rezz him immediately. Here's what I told him: "It's not my ******* fault you got caught by Slasher's blast!!! Cleric's can heal battlefield wounds, but I can't heal STUPIDITY, that ability isn't in my skill tree."b:byeb:byeb:byeb:bye He shut up after that. Thanks to having an ossim psy who could kite Slasher while I played the janitor, the squad didn't wipe while I mopped up that QQer. Barb was the ONLY one who got caught by the blast, not once but 3 times in just that boss battle.

I made it that far in FCC for the very first time last night, and I didn't even die there.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2010
    I made it that far in FCC for the very first time last night, and I didn't even die there.

I didn't die either it was the Barb who kept on dying there EVERY time that Slasher would do his AOE. I didn't cuss out the Barb until AFTER the boss fight to put him in his place. Nobody else died but the effing barb that fight.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2010

OMG, I love that line!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    OMG I love that line!!! I want to use it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Best line ever, I'm so gonna use it ( and that's the sad part :/ )
    edited December 2010
    If I helped you to shutup a QQer then that makes my day. I'm glad I could help you out.b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There's something that you will never completely overcome,it's called"Players which doesn't visit the forum",which are the vast majority I fear.

That would be about 80% of the community like other MMOs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.