[Server Maintenance] 11-30-2010 [Complete]

1235»

Comments

• Godswhisper - Dreamweaver
    Godswhisper - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So tell me Do you think P.W.I should make Barbs be there true form, like a wolf Barb be a wolf, panda barb be a panda, you know. I would like to see that happen. Wouldn't u you?

agreedb:victory
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No, a few rich people don't determine the economy. If they did it would be much worse than it is now.

Also, I fail to see why you call these people "idiots." Many people that buy gold at those prices actually make profit of it ... b:bye

You surely have a great knowledge about economy in general.
    b:bye
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • TangoManshey - Sanctuary
    TangoManshey - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i musta wrote that wrong but i mean ppl who spend 150$ on a game a month are th cash shoppers im talking about the other day i was at Ot and Azn asked 2 5 aps barbs to 2v1 1 simply replyed nah your too good what is good about a cash shopper who has EPIC gears nothing id say they didnt work for it like most of us old school pros they just bought it i rest my caseb:thanks

Its okay to spend gold. Everybody who is in to this game does it to get started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Godswhisper (cause PWI forums Quoting thingy is messed up):

My boyfriend is a heavy cash shopper, and he is a very good player. He can do things that I can't do, even when -I- am playing on his toon. Gear is only part of it, you can have all teh gear in the world and still not bed effective or a good player, but just beucase someone spends money on a game to get ahead, doesn't mean that they aren't good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Its okay to spend gold. Everybody who is in to this game does it to get started.

Lier, lier, pants on fire!!!b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So tell me Do you think P.W.I should make Barbs be there true form, like a wolf Barb be a wolf, panda barb be a panda, you know. I would like to see that happen. Wouldn't u you?

What about venos?? Cat veno turn into cat. bat veno turn into bat ect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    agreedb:victory

I would hate to see a wolf or a lion running around actually. Panda would be cute though.
    You surely have a great knowledge about economy in general.
    b:bye

I wish b:laugh Always hated economics. I'm just saying your first comment didn't make logical sense, and I felt it was unfair you're calling people I know that use gold trading that make profit it off it stupid since they're actually the ones using it to their benefit instead of moaning about it b:surrender
    edited December 2010
    I would hate to see a wolf or a lion running around actually. Panda would be cute though.

I wish b:laugh Always hated economics. I'm just saying your first comment didn't make logical sense, and I felt it was unfair you're calling people I know that use gold trading that make profit it off it stupid since they're actually the ones using it to their benefit instead of moaning about it b:surrender

^ this. Susylu speaks wise words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Godswhisper (cause PWI forums Quiting thingy is messed up):

My boyfriend is a heavy cash shopper, and he is a very good player. He can do things that I can't do, even when -I- am playing on his toon. Gear is only part of it, you can have all teh gear in the world and still not bed effective or a good player, but just beucase someone spends money on a game to get ahead, doesn't mean that they aren't good.

Ofc, in my whole PWI gaming experience I met great players (cash shoppers) ad horrible players (cash shopper).

However, csing does make it easier if you're a good player already, before you cs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    What is everyones issue with cashshoppers? If it wasnt for them we wouldnt even have a game to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Servers are up! Thanks for waiting.... b:thanks

And before anyone get's their panties in a bunch about Rank IX items only being in the cash shop....
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
    edited December 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »

b:thanksb:thanksb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I hope i don't log on to a thousand snowmen b:shocked

Ty Kanto :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
    edited December 2010

And before anyone get's their panties in a bunch about Rank IX items only being in the cash shop....

QFT, Kanto you're my hero. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Rambox - Sanctuary
    Rambox - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So, no Patch Notes for this update??
  • Ayame_Kusaka - Lost City
    Ayame_Kusaka - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I always hate waiting for maintenance to be over. But now it is! Back to game I go. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So, no Patch Notes for this update??

You really want him to post 'minor' localization changes again?
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I sometimes wonder if PWE even understands the point of playing a MMO.

In a F2P MMO, your supposed to walk a fine line of equality and fairness to those who play freely and those who pay. This crosses the line, giving CS'ers a much easier advantage in obtaining Rank IX, which is significantly stronger than Warsoul and Nirvana. Granted, it comes with a pretty heavy price, but it uses much less time than farming for it.

I just wonder if this is a huge mistake. You may be pushing away your fan base with this move. Private servers are gaining in popularity....they have more to offer (more content, more gear) and some private servers are revamping themselves, giving the players an even playing field, but making it challenging.

Maybe this game has just become the rich people's game. Only the wealthy gain an advantage, and the poor are worthless unless they have no life and spend 24/7 on this game.

Anyway, Im sure you could care less. And Ill probably get flamed by idiot no-lifer nerds. I just had to say my piece and Ill *try* to defend my faction's land against a faction full of CS'ers with Rank IX.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I sometimes wonder if PWE even understands the point of playing a MMO.

In a F2P MMO, your supposed to walk a fine line of equality and fairness to those who play freely and those who pay. This crosses the line, giving CS'ers a much easier advantage in obtaining Rank IX, which is significantly stronger than Warsoul and Nirvana. Granted, it comes with a pretty heavy price, but it uses much less time than farming for it.

I just wonder if this is a huge mistake. You may be pushing away your fan base with this move. Private servers are gaining in popularity....they have more to offer (more content, more gear) and some private servers are revamping themselves, giving the players an even playing field, but making it challenging.

Maybe this game has just become the rich people's game. Only the wealthy gain an advantage, and the poor are worthless unless they have no life and spend 24/7 on this game.

Anyway, Im sure you could care less. And Ill probably get flamed by idiot no-lifer nerds. I just had to say my piece and Ill *try* to defend my faction's land against a faction full of CS'ers with Rank IX.

You also do realize that $13,000 isn't something people playing entirely for free would drop on a game...

You also do realize if this were a Pay to Play game (assuming the standard $15/month) that would be equal to 72 YEARS of service

So not like it is 'easier' for cash shoppers either unless they are already rich...
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You also do realize that $13,000 isn't something people playing entirely for free would drop on a game...

You also do realize if this were a Pay to Play game (assuming the standard $15/month) that would be equal to 72 YEARS of service

So not like it is 'easier' for cash shoppers either unless they are already rich...

thats really only 2 months of spending $200 a day. I know tons and tons of CS'ers on Arch alone that have done that already.....

Im just stating my opinion and views on this situation from a less than fortunate view. *shrugs*
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    thats really only 2 months of spending $200 a day. I know tons and tons of CS'ers on Arch alone that have done that already.....

Im just stating my opinion and views on this situation from a less than fortunate view. *shrugs*

That is $6,000 a month

In all honesty that is kind of ridiculous and out of reach for many, many people... even a lot of cash shoppers...

In all reality it only made it easier for the heavy cash shoppers to get it, still just as hard (possibly easier to get) for non cash shoppers...
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You really want him to post 'minor' localization changes again?

At least we would know a tiny bit of what they might of done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Y'know, it's funny. It sounded like Kanto didn't write, "hey guys, look at these snowmen we found for you! have a happy december, everyone and not just people who spend ludicrous amounts of money on pixels!"

...but that would be silly. <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Y'know, it's funny. It sounded like Kanto didn't write, "hey guys, look at these snowmen we found for you! have a happy december, everyone and not just people who spend ludicrous amounts of money on pixels!"

...but that would be silly. <_>

Yeeeeaaaah about that...where are the snowmen? Can we have a least one PW up and last longer than a day. Make it fun for the people who don't spend on PW a lot or even at all. Where's the holiday spirit guys? b:sad

The return of the snowmen also means the return of the legendary Bowbarian >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The return of the snowmen also means the return of the legendary Bowbarian >_>

I guess you don't FCC much, or ever make it to the head's part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I was waiting to see how long it would be until PWI put the medal's into the boutique, since they made the general summber badges avaible. Didn't take too long b:chuckle b:laugh.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    I guess you don't FCC much, or ever make it to the head's part.

Most of the barbs I've done frost with (not many tbh, I love having a bm tank more) use Ground Slam or Beastial Onslaught and don't have a bow...