Survival Ability Sage vs. Demon

Options
Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
Grandisfanum - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Blademaster
In the past days I concentrated on a thing. On the Survival Ability of BMs Sage and Demon. And my research has given me this Data: Sage BMs last longer in PvE and PK (not including Sage Bell) and deal kinda more dmg because of the Sage Weap Mastery (+90% Dmg). The Spark is of a Sage better too the Dmg immunity duration is 1 sec more than of the Demon one. But theres one thing I'm not sure about. In the past I heard a rumor that Sage BMs get more hp than Demon per lvl up and more def. So here is my Question: Can anyone prove this rumor to be true. I think this is a good opportunity to discuss this and share your experiences.
Post edited by Grandisfanum - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In the past days I concentrated on a thing. On the Survival Ability of BMs Sage and Demon. And my research has given me this Data: Sage BMs last longer in PvE and PK (not including Sage Bell) and deal kinda more dmg because of the Sage Weap Mastery (+90% Dmg). The Spark is of a Sage better too the Dmg immunity duration is 1 sec more than of the Demon one. But theres one thing I'm not sure about. In the past I heard a rumor that Sage BMs get more hp than Demon per lvl up and more def. So here is my Question: Can anyone prove this rumor to be true. I think this is a good opportunity to discuss this and share your experiences.

1) Wrong. Both are 3 sec.
    2) Very, very wrong.

Who told you that? Pure BS.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

You realize it's 90% weapon damage, not 90% damage right? That amounts to like 2%. Sage spark and Demon spark are both 3 second immunity. Sage BMs don't get more HP/Def per level, I switched to Demon from Sage and my stats stayed the same (except damage because of masteries).

I survive a lot better being a Demon; Sage marrows were too extreme = getting 1 shot from archers in war.

Where are you hearing these rumors from? Do they even play the game? Look it up for yourself on PW calc...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think this is a good opportunity to discuss this and share your experiences.

Tell me, how often are you in red bubble? How often are you in blue bubble?

Demon spark wins just for the fact it isn't canceled by BB and hardly any clerics RB anymore.

So your mastery gives you ~2% more damage. I think demon Heaven's Flame, 7.5 second DB stun and demon Roar completely make up for that and then some.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd ask you if you hypered your BM, but your join date says other wise. Given? Bought?
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'd ask you if you hypered your BM, but your join date says other wise. Given? Bought?

Yeah, honestly, I was a bit curious about that myself. b:surrender
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why do all these people think that sage hits higher cuz of sage mastery? wtf lol
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    are we talking pve or pvp

def skill would be

bell

15% more static to sage bvs demons ability to spam for a nice 75% boost in "oh holy crist" moments...if i want 15% more phys i put on a SDP

marrows

pve sage pys marrow wins

pvp demon mag marrow wins hard

RoTp

sage saves chi...demon never misses...demon

sutra

its a 120 mill skill but defensivly sage wins here

MSS

save a spark...3 second ranged stun...going with demon here

so def wise its pretty balanced unless your soloing tt w/o BP or a cleric

and demon wins hands down for damage
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know a couple of BMs who went Sage because they thought they'll literally deal 90% more raw damage. True story.
  • Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    huh? how comes that "+" to the 90....... =_= damn typo Keyboard. Ok I'm kinda really a noob XD. Never had really to do close with Demon BMs. Just mostly know just Sage BMs. For those who think I bought this char=NO, gettting from a friend=NO I lvled this char on my own to this lvl. I quested and grinded my a$$ up to 71 then gamma to 85 and again quest, BH, gridng to 90 and then FCC (before the Hyper time) (I got a break time of 3 months because of school etc. yeah flame me for being the total noob XD). From 95(!!!) on I hyperd to 100 . I was told this rumor in my early 80s. And yes the person was playin pwi. Heck for this Spark thingy yeah I was mistaken >.< ty for clearence :D

Yes Arch I went to Sage because of the Mastery and the other skills. I'm mainly PvE so the chi saving of the skilsl came handy and it's practicable for TW too. Yeah Demon Roar would be better but I rather let others stun and me HFing them with my saved chi.

Michael I was during my FCC times pretty often in RB and BB but never noticed that thing.

So far from me
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    for pve:

all is down to:
    same geared sparked:
    demon = 5aps
    sage = 3.33aps (can say 4)

demon 25% dmg more

rest... who cares, as in 99% of your pve live u will use only 1 skill (spark) anyways

for pvp:
    balanced
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Michael I was during my FCC times pretty often in RB and BB but never noticed that thing.

Damage reduction of sage spark is overwritten by blue bubble, as demon spark attack speed and damage increase is overwritten by red bubble.
  • Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Damage reduction of sage spark is overwritten by blue bubble, as demon spark attack speed and damage increase is overwritten by red bubble.

The thing with the aps overwriting in rb in demon spark I knew. Many sins and bms yelled at the clerics "stop the rb!!!!" XD But the sage spark dmg reduction in the bb is new to me . Ty for informing me Michael :D
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The thing with the aps overwriting in rb in demon spark I knew. Many sins and bms yelled at the clerics "stop the rb!!!!" XD But the sage spark dmg reduction in the bb is new to me . Ty for informing me Michael :D

No problem. Of course sage spark does have it's uses. It makes tanking Harpy Wraith, and would probably do better for tanking Crystal Terror, though you'd probably still need >15k hp for that.

I wonder if 5.0 sage could tank Herzen Sori Demos, but they took that boss out of PWI when they changed lunar.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options