LVL 80 GEAR for Barbs

Options
RedFangz - Heavens Tear
RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
i was just wondering what weapon and gear i should use for lvl 80, cos atm,
i have calamity axes of blood 2 soc +4 refined - 2 immaculate amber shards in it. should i keep on using this?

and also i bought gear already
proud plate of corsair 4 soc + 4
4 immaculate citrines..
and cuisses of sea captain 4 soc + 3
4 immaculate citrines too

i have no probs with robe since i got cape of tauran chieftain and 2 misty forest rings,
but any tips on what belt, necklace, weapon and gear to use? fengs heavy plate perhaps?
i just thought it would be a wast using fengs at lvl 80 cos when i get to lvl 90, ill buy new ones.. :S

please help and ty :D
True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
>>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RedFangz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    At 80 doesnt really matter unless you lvl slowly. At 90 I would get the gold swindlers neck for mag resist and 5% hp.
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but i saw a bunch of threads saying that proud plate of corsair is useless? :S
    i dont get it..
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Back in the day most barb/bm used it. It's now "useless" I believe because of no resell value... molds dropped like crazy and flooded the market. I would go with the gear you have listed. Just level then concentrate on 90 gears.

Make sure you do your chrono quests so that eventually you can get the 4th map belt this. The 90 gold neck is good for mag resist and not that expensive to make.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i dont get it..

It's not bad, just kinda ''meh'' if you know what I mean.

It's not like there are many better alternatives anway (besides tt80 gold, but it binds on equipping).

so you could choose between these:

top:
    Proud plate of corsair - Not a bad choice at all, there just aren't any good heavy mold tops at this level, and tt80 green simply sucks.
    Feng's heavy plate (TT80 gold) - Best top by far in that level range. It's kinda cheap, but it does bind on equipping which means the money is lost forever unless you have an account stash and are planning on rolling a BM (or seeker, they use HA too right?).

Legs:
    Cuisses of Sea Captain - The magic stat on them is kind of iffy, but otherwise they're decent leggings.
    Feng's leggings (TT80) - Like the heavy top, not that expensive yet binds on equipping. Not THAT much better than sea captain's so I'd advise not getting these.

Weapon:
    Calamities - Sometimes it's nice to have zerk, but...
    Lion King axes - The hp drain from zerk can be unwanted at times I suppose, and 5% hp regen can be a great help.
    Both - If you have enough money, I'd advise you to get both of these and switch between them depending on the situation.

Belt
    If you have the money for it then a warsong lock would be best obviously, but I'mma assume that's not the case.
    Nightfall pendant: The only belt I can really think of at that level range. has nice stats, gives both mdef and pdef (more mdef when refined) and best of all, it's free after you've unlocked OHT.

Necklace:
    Equine talisman: Until 87
    Sky demon's pearl: Past 87
    Swindler's Necklace: Past 90 if you find yourself in desperate need of magic def. It's pretty expensive though.

boots/bracers
    There are no really good options here except TT80 gold. If you don't want to spend money on that I'd suggest just using whatever comes your way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Feng's heavy plate (TT80 gold) - Best top by far in that level range. It's kinda cheap, but it does bind on equipping which means the money is lost forever unless you have an account stash and are planning on rolling a BM (or seeker, they use HA too right?).

Or heavy/HAAA veno (just sayin')
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fuzzy going to move this thread over to the barbarian section of the forum.

We have lots of knowledgable barbs there who always have good advice for questions like these. b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i dont get it..

Naw Its not useless but it hard to resell it. But as for Gears the Plate is Fine or u can Farm TT80 which is Useless because u lvl through the 80s pretty fast. So stick with the 2 Molds for ur Plate and Legs and TT80 for your Arms and Feet. As for a Wep Giant Ape Axes Are very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cala axes are FINE till lvl 85 or 90. They used to be considered "endgame gear" and they give good hp..
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thanks All For Your Help :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lvl 80 gear http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d8867406a43c9048

i would highly suggest if you can afford it, the TT80 gold boots, nice stats on them.

Lion kings can be replaced with some +ed Calas, and Helm of Aqua Viciousness can also be replaced to your liking. Otherwise i say it's a pretty solid 80 gear set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]