Thread for GM's, How to get people playing casters again

Options

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure he didn't read it. I didnt ask to change anything about 5.0. If your a melee squad you are already stuffed.

OH NO arhcers will be the most sort after instead of of something else? Barbs can't hold agro with high aps anyway, unless they are aps themselves. Even with seal on barbs but not on casters they are going to be able to hold agro, and aps classes are still going to be doing 5x more damage.

I am mostly talking about high end instances where all bosses seal constantly, melee classes that arnt APS already are as useless as casters on these bosses, so what I am suggesting would actually help archers. Unfortunately it wont help non aps melee. But to be honest it is rare to see anyone level 100+ that doesn't have an APS set, even 3.0+ you are out damaging casters by alot.

How about you come up with something? I do not want to see melee Nerf'd as it would be back to 2-4 hour long instances which nobody enjoys.

Pretty Sure i did read the OP. I've said this often and gotten alot of support. You cant just boost casters as if they're the ONLY ones who are not getting into squads? What about non-APS sins and BMs? what about Barbs? What about Foxform Venos? The problem is not just a problem casters are having. Any nerf to address the problem, has to address the ACTUAL problem, and not just 1 portion of those affected. You want everyone in melee range to still be affected by the boosted Nirvana while giving the casters an easier time, and thats a fail solution. So how about rather then assuming i havent read it and am just trolling, you read my post and the point i made which is a very valid point.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's not just the squadding. Do you think nobody here cares about the flat-out broken nature of 5.0? Even most of the 5.0s themselves admit it. Just, very few of them have the nerve to actually suggest it be fixed, because they like the profit too damn much.

Nerve to suggest? lol. You're funny. Archers QQ about sins, casters QQ about aps, melee QQ about casters, etc...

How about, everyone can do the same melee and long range damage as each other? That'll fix everything... yeah. Oh wait, you don't actually WANT a fix, you just want to nerf what bugs you.

But as for the squadding - it's not about expecting others to carry you through it. It's about just the climate of squad recruiting in general. How is one supposed to find one of these fabled squads, made up of the best and brightest (and incidentally, non-5.0) players on one's server? Maybe you have a FL full of a hundred such people of every possible class, but not everyone does. And you shouldn't have to be in a "top" faction to be able to play with people who know what they're doing.

Yes, so scream for nerfs because you can't find friends or faction makes that don't want to take you anywhere.

Seriously, you act like the only people who farm anything are aps classes and everyone else just sits around and complains.

I know at least 6 mages that have been able to farm 2nd cast Nirvana weapons without using 5aps only squads. OMG. That can't happen. I'm just full of it. Whatever.

And actually yes, if you WANT to get stuff done you should be in a faction that has an appropriate level range of people to actually get what you want done. So that's just BS and a cop out expecting handouts.

WC? Please. Maybe you've seen something different on Lost City, but on HT I have never once seen a WC for Nirvana squad members that didn't specifically use aps as the screening process (unless they were looking for a cleric, and even those WCs are extrordinarily rare).

Instead of being bitter, why don't you just start your own parties. It's like you're acting that you have a stink around you and nobody wants to play with you. lol Seriously...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    as i said b4 in another thread....make every1's base aps 5.0......the no1 can QQ about not having it....course bow archers would pwn then cause bow dmg per shot > fist dmg per hit......u know its true
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Another pointless q.q aps thread. aps classes have the best dps. Magic classes have better dph, range, group pvp and tw ability. You want to one shot ppl in tw role a wiz get rank 8 and plus 12 your weapon. Want to do nothing but farm nirvana as fast as you can role a sin and get it to 5 aps. You don't make a barb and QQ because you can't heal and rez, you don't make a cleric and QQ because you can't tank. So why the hell does everyone make none dps classes and QQ that they don't have enough dps? Magic class's are not dps classes. They are not meant to do as much damage per unit of time as dps classes are meant to do. Why do people not understand this? Each class has its strengths and weakness's. 5aps isn't everything. Interval builds force you to use gear with poor defense compared to alternative endgame gear, especially magic defense. Interval sins have terrible magic defense, meaning magic users can easily one shot us and it doesn't matter how fast you can kill some boss when it has a magic attack that kills you in one hit.
    You say this is about pve not pvp, but you can't really talk about one without the other. Some classes excel at pvp, others pve. I could sit here all day making q.q threads about how fail sins are at tw and demand bramble to be removed from the game as it ruins tw for sins and other aps users. But I don't, because I'm not a little whiner like all you "Oh nooo's 5 aps r ruining teh game" people.
    You can farm nirvana and tt and whatever the hell else you want to farm with low aps squads, it just takes a little longer. Stop being lazy and go get a squad together. The OP said it herself, they won;t even go to nirvana without a high aps in the squad. So why the hell come here and complain about aps being op? You're saying you want magic users to get mre powerful so thy can pve equal to dps classes. This just shows that you're lazy and want all instances to be fast and easy. God forbid you actually have to try doing a difficult instance run. And lets not forget, if they, made wizards as good at pve as sins, sins would then want to be as good at tw as wizards. Classes are different for a reason... the game wouldn't be too much fun if every class was exactly the same.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^ Truths and then some.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    By getting them r9 (and selling their car and house)
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If Melee's main damage increase (interval) is way OP, why not change mage damage increase to be equally OP? Make channeling gear effect skill cooldown as well, and also increase mana regen.

The 5.0 APS thing is getting out of hand. Running into 5.0 Clerics, Psy, Veno, etc., is starting to become more common.

Hey, you know what? Totally nerf Magic Shell, increase the MDef bonus that the magic stat point gives for each mage class, and increase the amount of magic damage each magic damage boss does everywhere. Voila, mage classes are useful again.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Get +12 Rank 9. Any caster will totally destroy lowly melee DDs.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ...Oh hey look, another one of these threads.

I wonder when people are going to realize that the developers refuse to listen, and any form of QQ thread put on here could be posted on for months, and nothing would happen.

Not saying this 5aps situation's not true; they're just not going to do anything about it. After all, why should they when you have people who are willing to spend pocket money for 5aps?
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its not like those 5APS get to the way they are now with small amount of money.

My solution is for the dev to make new set of Gears or whatever (which requires money as much Melee ppl waste to get to 5 APS), and while wearing that set and they use 3 Sparks, all Magic users will have zero casting, much much faster action time, and faster cooldown too for a few seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dejack - Heavens Tear
    Dejack - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1st idea Make Phy immune boss in Nirvana.
    2nd make myst tome frags tradable for uncanies ( since u kinda need rainbow sqd in there... i mean Rebirth ), or basically better drops in Rebirth (so ppl can learn how to play their classes), u made rebirth BIG important part of game, i mean culti i mean RB, i mean chrono quest for unlocking maps... so wy not fix it ? coz thats 1king problem its really annoying :D
    4th Make NIRVANA instance with rainbow bonus... shldnt be that hard to add some kind of auras or something
    5rd arcane instance
    6th make hardcore chaneling gear for arcane DDrs ( Psy, Wiz) <= but this one will be probably deadly idea in TW
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This may have already been said, but they could just increase Demon Spark's cooldown to 30 seconds and decrease the max aps to 3.33. BM's are supposed to be a support/backup tank, not top dd.
  • Dejack - Heavens Tear
    Dejack - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well ppls spended alot of money to get all those 5APS gears so nerfing back to 3,33 well not fair with all those ppls that started alts just to have 5 aps... so killing 3 spark (wich will affect other classes aswell that uses chi pots...) is bad idea,,,, since charm is allready done they need to keep 5 APS cap... but nerfing instances, or making them more "friendly" to other classes is another thing...
  • samwulf
    samwulf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How about just adding in a modifier to dmg based on speed of attack for physical or weapon based attacks (non skill). Where the faster the attack the less dmg it does. So like say you have a 5.0 that without all the extra speed would attack at what 1.43 usual so they are attacking roughly 3.5 times faster then base. Reduce the dmg each hit does by a certain percent and have the amount of reduction change with the speed. So the faster the attack over base the larger the reduction to dmg. Something like this could easily help to balance the pve and as long as they don't reduce the dmg by too much would still give a hi aps build a lead in normal dmg but not completely leave all other class and builds behind. This could also work on chi generation too where a hi aps build wouldn't necessarily be perma sparking.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is another game where they have a class that has insane high APS. There a BP = battle priest ,who fights with knuckles (fists) has 8.0 APS......

Those Bp's there are so overpowering with their stunns and speed and they can selfbuff themselves (they are clerics) , that about 60% of the total toons are BP's.

The game became so unbalanced that it wasn't fun to play anymore. So they nerfed that class in some way just to even the odds. After that, server population DEcreased by 40%.

Every game has the same problems. Now here all you hear it seems is how much aps someone can obtain and how much it costs and what not.

I for one am getting tired of all that **** about aps. So bosses go down fast with 5.0. so what ? An instance run is over before you know it and thats it. Where is the fun in that ?

The fastest run i ever saw was my FB89. 5.0 and boom, done.
    Did i learn anything ? no
    Did i have fun ? no
    Do i even know the bosses there and what they do ? no freakin clue.

Everyones aiming for the highest lvl and the Uber amazing gear that they forget that the goal is not the fun part, its to road you follow that is. And don't tell me farming nirvana constantly or running the same thing xx times/day is fun. It's mindnumbing.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The solution to 5 aps is simple:

A system where the instances become easier if you have ranged dd's.

Similar to the GV rainbow squad but not rainbow.

More like create class groups:

1: (BM/SIn)
    2: Barb
    3: Cleric
    4: (Mage/Veno/Psy/Archer)
    5: (Mage/Veno/Psy/Archer)
    6: (Mage/Veno/Psy/Archer)

Done, problem solved.
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How about this idea make Fist/Claws usable by only the BM's so archers will have to use bows and sins will be the only other 5.0 melee class.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How about this idea make Fist/Claws usable by only the BM's so archers will have to use bows and sins will be the only other 5.0 melee class.

*facepalm* did u even think? that's making another class useless, not fixing something.
    unless we just want to gather together and fist each other :bavoid
  • hahahahahahah1
    hahahahahahah1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My solution is for the dev to make new set of Gears or whatever (which requires money as much Melee ppl waste to get to 5 APS), and while wearing that set and they use 3 Sparks, all Magic users will have zero casting, much much faster action time, and faster cooldown too for a few seconds.

That would fix your pve problem but it would create a pvp problem. Imagine a wiz with instant channel, instant cast and the sage black ice dragon, aoe skill with a +30 chance to crit half the time + under constant 3 spark like pve bms. With distance shrink and silence having a lower cooldown. This would make my wiz main really happy b:pleased.
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *facepalm* did u even think? that's making another class useless, not fixing something.
    unless we just want to gather together and fist each other :bavoid

How would that be making them useless? They can still DD and if the enemy gets to close they could spam metal attacks and the close range attack.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rank 8 now costs about as much as a decently refined tomeless 5aps LA hybrid build.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hm might not sound so impressive, but how about some more bosses that have reflect on?
    (like barrens boas close to misfortune) ( i know venos could purge em away)
    or make some armor that got the well know stat - " attackers receive x dmg when they hit u physically"
    or just some reflect on bosses that cant be dispelled ( would nerv 5 APS and might bring back casters)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How would that be making them useless? They can still DD and if the enemy gets to close they could spam metal attacks and the close range attack.

they would DD like a wizzard or a psy. well, a bit more since they can use -int too.

also known as no DD at all. therefore everyone would just make a bm/sin and move their stuff there. gratz, u eliminated the archer population
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hm might not sound so impressive, but how about some more bosses that have reflect on?
    (like barrens boas close to misfortune) ( i know venos could purge em away)
    or make some armor that got the well know stat - " attackers receive x dmg when they hit u physically"
    or just some reflect on bosses that cant be dispelled ( would nerv 5 APS and might bring back casters)

And then you'll have barbs complaining about 300k repair bills, getting the major share in farming parties and DDs still getting last picks?

Or, you could tank... how would you like to tick 200k off a HP charm, 80-100k repair bills, 50-100 mana pots per run? I don't mind, I'll just keep my axes on and dragon for you while runs take 3x longer. b:pleased

Most ranged people complain if they get a 20k repair, let alone 4-5x that cost. lol
  • ajabshir
    ajabshir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Magic class's are not dps classes. They are not meant to do as much damage per unit of time as dps classes are meant to do. Why do people not understand this?
    seems you have no understanding of a mmorpg game.
    In a standard mmorpg when a class is created ,it is meant to have some role in every aspect of game.
    A dd is made to deal damage both in pvp and pve.in pve servers we spend 90% of our time in pve and in pve this is DPS that matters.if it is not so this is developers fault that has made pve unbalanced.
    5aps isn't everything.
    5 aps is not the problem.probelm is unbalance between wizards/psychics and other classes.
    even a non aps melee class is a better dd than an equally geared caster class.
    a cleric is usefull for healing and veno pet can tank.so they have some use in pve.but magic dd classes that are meant to make highest damage,have lowest DPS.
    we dont want a normal geared magic classes make the same amount of DPS as a high aps class.
    what we want is that equally geared casters and melee classes make equal DPS.
    Interval sins have terrible magic defense, meaning magic users can easily one shot us and it doesn't matter how fast you can kill some boss when it has a magic attack that kills you in one hit.
    every one knows that sins are overpowered in pvp.
    i can say that casters have terrible phys defence, meaning melee users can easily kill us.
    but if you know how to use your skills against other classes pvp is fairly balanced if we dont consider overpowered sins.
    You say this is about pve not pvp, but you can't really talk about one without the other.
    but you easily ignore pve that we spend 90% of our time in it and just talk about pvp.
    I could sit here all day making q.q threads about how fail sins are at tw and demand bramble to be removed from the game as it ruins tw for sins and other aps users. But I don't
    sins are not fail in TW if you know how play them and what is your role in TW.
    but even if they were fail ,you have the right to ask devs to correct this problem to make TW enjoyable for sins.
    You're saying you want magic users to get more powerful so they can pve equal to dps classes. This just shows that you're lazy and want all instances to be fast and easy.
    instances are not fast and easy for melee classes unless they are high aps.
    we just want to be as usefull as melee classes and be accepted in squads.
    they can make gears like -int gears for casters so, when they get those gears their DPS equals with melee aps classes.ofcourse they need hard work to get but at least it gives us some chance for us to have equal DPS with high aps guys.
    but now a caster's DPS with best gears is not even near to a 5 aps DPS.
    a good solution that is said before is reducing bosses mag res in a way that equally geared casters and
    melees do the same amount of DPS on boss.
    And lets not forget, if they, made wizards as good at pve as sins, sins would then want to be as good at tw as wizards.
    all classes have some role in TW.so that is not a problem,and they dont kicks you out of TW because you are a sin.
    Classes are different for a reason. the game wouldn't be too much fun if every class was exactly the same.
    this is true when every class has some use in the game.
    but useless classes like wiz and psychics dont make game more fun because they have lost their role as dd in pve.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And then you'll have barbs complaining about 300k repair bills, getting the major share in farming parties and DDs still getting last picks?

Or, you could tank... how would you like to tick 200k off a HP charm, 80-100k repair bills, 50-100 mana pots per run? I don't mind, I'll just keep my axes on and dragon for you while runs take 3x longer. b:pleased

Most ranged people complain if they get a 20k repair, let alone 4-5x that cost. lol

seriously is there any point in ur answer that just related to the OP to bring casters back to life?

300 k repairbills, would make off for getting 1st pick in tt runs. Any costs would rise again, clerics would have to BB again, Psy, Wiz, Veno, Archer would find some spot again in squads.seriously as i think further that would really be a solution give some bosses reflect that cant be dispelled.
    would bring us further back to the old days everyone wants back so hard
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you don't actually WANT a fix, you just want to nerf what bugs you.
    scream for nerfs because you can't find friends or faction makes that don't want to take you anywhere.
    [QUOTE=Michael_Dark - Lost City;11180532you act like the only people who farm anything are aps classes and everyone else just sits around and complains. [/QUOTE]
    that's just BS and a cop out expecting handouts.
    you're acting that you have a stink around you and nobody wants to play with you.
    Okay, I'm honestly amazed at this. If you were to plot the distance between you and the nearest accurate representation of me and my situation, I could do a dozen world quests in the time it would take you to traverse it. >_>

I actually have quite a competent faction (albeit a small one). We have a nice handful of 100+s who have been hard at work learning Nirvana amongst themselves (acheiving great success in the matter, from what I hear)... and to my knowledge there is exactly one person in the fac who's entertaining ideas of going 5.0 (and he's a BM, so I can kinda-sorta forgive that). I have a couple other 100+ friends outside the fac who will help people out of pure boredom. And the saddest thing is, if I wanted handouts, I could probably get them. Hell, I've been given things of significant value that I had no use for whose previous owners just insisted I have them anyway despite my objections. If I cared about Nirvana, I'm certain that I could find a squad.

But I don't.

I know exactly how it's going to play out. When I hit 100 (which will be a long time from now, ftr), I'll probably approach my fac people about a couple of runs to get some hands-on experience of the instance. After this point I will likely do a run of Nirvana only when I'm bored, making a modest profit but not really caring about such. I will never own a piece of Nirvana gear. To put it simply, once I hit 100, I'm done save for helping others and leveling my alts.

So yeah, your assumption that I'm some noob desperately wanting Nirvana gear and QQing out of pure laziness is way off.

Is it that alien to you that people actually care about removing 5.0 because it's broken? This is a system that allows massive DD and tanking potential far beyond the reach of 99% of other characters. This is a system that's so "efficient" that it's caused classes that have no business using fists as a primary weapon to restat for them. This is a system that, although used by some competent people, also opens the door for a horde of egotistical oracle-noobs to prance through instances thinking they're invincible and that they deserve respect because of their gear, in some cases not knowing vital things about their class or game mechanics.

Do 5.0s "bug" me? Yes, a little. It bugs me when I have to do BH with a 5.0 sin who could probably solo the damn thing anyway, completely negating the point of a squad. It bugs me to see my own class ignoring their own role and identity for the sake of "efficiency." It bugs me that even clerics, in some cases, are no longer necessary.

And btw, it also bugs me how, when confronted with the idea of an aps nerf, most 5.0s will quickly change the topic or ignore it altogether. They refuse to acknowledge the simple fact that a nerf is the fix. They just deflect responsibility by assuming the person suggesting it is a noob looking for handouts, or by making other, similar ad-hominim attacks.

So yes, I feel a little justified in being "bugged" by it. That doesn't change the facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think that is why I like being a cleric for 2 reasons...

1) I'm always needed at some point...because someone has to at least rez peeps

2) If I have a 5.0 that is being rude I like to redbubble to give everyone else in the squad a chance, and it makes people happy ^^

Hmmm I wonder what would happen if there was a perma Red Bubble in Nirvana? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary
    JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pretty Sure i did read the OP. I've said this often and gotten alot of support. You cant just boost casters as if they're the ONLY ones who are not getting into squads? What about non-APS sins and BMs? what about Barbs? What about Foxform Venos? The problem is not just a problem casters are having. Any nerf to address the problem, has to address the ACTUAL problem, and not just 1 portion of those affected. You want everyone in melee range to still be affected by the boosted Nirvana while giving the casters an easier time, and thats a fail solution. So how about rather then assuming i havent read it and am just trolling, you read my post and the point i made which is a very valid point.

You are .. how can I saw this.. not very smart. And have not red anytning anyone has posted. You just pretend what people have written and go off on your own little rant.

NO ONE IS ASKING FOR A NERF TO MELEE, non APS and aps people are still getting sealed. You are either challanged or do not do high end instances. How would allowing casters to actually cast spells on bosses hurt anyone in any way? Casters would do a tiny fraction more damage in PVE on a very small amount of bosses, thats the only implication.
  • JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary
    JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Another pointless q.q aps thread. aps classes have the best dps. Magic classes have better dph, range, group pvp and tw ability. You want to one shot ppl in tw role a wiz get rank 8 and plus 12 your weapon. Want to do nothing but farm nirvana as fast as you can role a sin and get it to 5 aps. You don't make a barb and QQ because you can't heal and rez, you don't make a cleric and QQ because you can't tank. So why the hell does everyone make none dps classes and QQ that they don't have enough dps? Magic class's are not dps classes. They are not meant to do as much damage per unit of time as dps classes are meant to do. Why do people not understand this? Each class has its strengths and weakness's. 5aps isn't everything. Interval builds force you to use gear with poor defense compared to alternative endgame gear, especially magic defense. Interval sins have terrible magic defense, meaning magic users can easily one shot us and it doesn't matter how fast you can kill some boss when it has a magic attack that kills you in one hit.
    You say this is about pve not pvp, but you can't really talk about one without the other. Some classes excel at pvp, others pve. I could sit here all day making q.q threads about how fail sins are at tw and demand bramble to be removed from the game as it ruins tw for sins and other aps users. But I don't, because I'm not a little whiner like all you "Oh nooo's 5 aps r ruining teh game" people.
    You can farm nirvana and tt and whatever the hell else you want to farm with low aps squads, it just takes a little longer. Stop being lazy and go get a squad together. The OP said it herself, they won;t even go to nirvana without a high aps in the squad. So why the hell come here and complain about aps being op? You're saying you want magic users to get mre powerful so thy can pve equal to dps classes. This just shows that you're lazy and want all instances to be fast and easy. God forbid you actually have to try doing a difficult instance run. And lets not forget, if they, made wizards as good at pve as sins, sins would then want to be as good at tw as wizards. Classes are different for a reason... the game wouldn't be too much fun if every class was exactly the same.

Another person that hasn't read this thread. It is the opposite of a APS QQ thread. If you can't be bothered reading what other people wrote how can you expect us to read your unpuctiated off topic speal?

Pretty sure archers have the same range as casters. Pretty sure archers have similar DPH, pretty sure archers also ahve some pretty nice AOE skills and pretty sure archers are one of the best TW classes. Pretty sure you are way off topic. Why can't I talk about one without the other. Most melee classes have two sets of gear, TW and PVE cause the are totally seperate things. I didn't want to bring this into the topic because its just stupid and not what we are talking about, but 5.0 players already have awesome gears and use 5.0 to get even more awesome gears.

And your arguement about instances being dificult. WTF are you talking about .. since wh en was nirvana dificult, the only person that really has any pressure is the cleric if they care about XP.

Sorry did you just say sins are not good at PVP, and that wizards are better? I think you will find they are just different and have different roles.

Anyways the point is we are casters we want to be able to cast spells in PVE the BS fix all implemented to counter 5.0 makings playing a caster frustrating... can you not see that? Obviously not you are too busying being melee.