GM response on scam shops pls

Annastasia - Lost City
Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
yes i know how to use the search button. yes i know how to read tos. but the rules seem to be constantly changing so i would appreciate a GM clarifcation on what if anything is done about scam shops.

for example: currently in west arch there a ton of "scam" shops that advertise buying tokens for 11k but are actually buying for 1100. and ofc the always present daily stone scam shops.

the last GM response that i am aware of is that players are responsible for checking and double checking prices and items before buying. and that GM s will NOT intervene at all no matter what.

wanting clarification because a GM popped on middle of the night Sat and started banning "scam" shops. strange since usually cant get a GM during normal business hours much less on a weekend and at night. thanks in advance b:pleased
Post edited by Annastasia - Lost City on

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As typo's do happen and there isn't a very obvious way (well if they continually do it over and over,their shop name is scamsrus or they have a 'best luck 4 mil' and its just a normal token) to tell if it is indeed a scam there isnt really much they can do about it...

Simple Rule: Don't be an idiot when you are buying things from other players and you won't be scammed, same goes for the real world, don't be stupid
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ROFLROFLROFL gms dont ban harassments and racism but ban scam shops (easily avoidable if you're not stupid and check the price of what you are buying/selling)

THIS IS THE TRIUMPH OF IDIOCRACY

GRATZ GMS b:victory
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I hope you're not hoping for a GM to respond. Notice how the "GM response to TW changes" has mysteriously vanished.....[/suspicious]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    ROFLROFLROFL gms dont ban harassments and racism but ban scam shops (easily avoidable if you're not stupid and check the price of what you are buying/selling)

THIS IS THE TRIUMPH OF IDIOCRACY

GRATZ GMS b:victory

Unfortunately there will always be idiots everywhere and you'll never get them to go away, take Yulk for example...
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Unfortunately there will always be idiots everywhere and you'll never get them to go away, take Yulk for example...

Of course there always be idiots, but if you start banning, then new idiots will fear to harass and will care of how they speak.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Watch what you're buying at all times. Nuff said.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Of course there always be idiots, but if you start banning, then new idiots will fear to harass and will care of how they speak.

i am fine either way. banning all scammers or not banning any of them. my issues is why did a GM pops on middle of the night on a weekend no less and only bans a select few shops. really hope that a GM responds to this. and that the current rumor regarding partiality for a certain faction is not true. imo GMs should not give out their personal phone cell numbers to players. ijs
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The general rule of thumb is that each player is ultimately responsible for paying attention to the terms of any deal before making any transaction. You are always the first and last line of defense in making sure you dont get taken advantage of.

However, scamming is indeed against the ToS, and GM's will take action against certain individuals if they are deemed to be negatively impacting a server.

Remember guys, if you feel that a player is breaking the rules, please take a screen shot and submit a ticket.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    i am fine either way. banning all scammers or not banning any of them. my issues is why did a GM pops on middle of the night on a weekend no less and only bans a select few shops. really hope that a GM responds to this. and that the current rumor regarding partiality for a certain faction is not true. imo GMs should not give out their personal phone cell numbers to players. ijs

They more then likely don't and the people that do have them are probably people that know them in the real world but don't have any influence in game for obvious reasons. People saying they have a GM on speeddial (yes I've gotten people to say that to me before and I laughed quite hard about it) might be true but doesn't mean a damn thing as they'd probably fire that GM for doing anything due to what other people tell them to do that is not higher then them in the company...

Or at least that is how I would handle it if I was the manager of PWE...

Hell if I was the manager of PWE I'd have legally separated it from PW-Beijing by now... just to fix a lot of the **** they keep throwing at us...
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wait...wtf

You're complaining because a GM actually came on, did their job and banned a few players taking advantage of others. Seriously, don't be an idiot. Complain when they don't do their job, not when one GM logs on and decides to do it.

If I was a GM, I'd slap a permanent no-argument ban on every single scammer in-game.

Scammers are just ridiculous. You can spot one in a thread a mile off because of how aggressively defensive they become about the subject. I had a player try to scam me out of a deicide just 2 days ago by removing it from trade when I added my coin and clicking confirm. Of course I cancelled and left and next second he explodes into abusive language, accusations, denials and so on. Funny as hell, then I just BL. And these guys call the honest ones "idiots"? Beyond pathetic really.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A number of people must have submitted tickets.... Susa saw BearClaw in arch checking out the scam shops and then told them about the ones in Raging Tide buying Raptures for 2.2m at 220k... it's not like a typo because there were like 5 shops that were up buying them. An hour or so later, they were all gone. Permabanned I hope.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I double check whenever i buy something, so nothing bad happened to me yet. *crosses fingers*

However, it really is stupid of the seller when he is selling best of luck tokens for 5mil while those r normal tokens for 5 mil... It's just an example, but such people have no shame...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Wait...wtf

You're complaining because a GM actually came on, did their job and banned a few players taking advantage of others. Seriously, don't be an idiot. Complain when they don't do their job, not when one GM logs on and decides to do it.

If I was a GM, I'd slap a permanent no-argument ban on every single scammer in-game.

Scammers are just ridiculous. You can spot one in a thread a mile off because of how aggressively defensive they become about the subject. I had a player try to scam me out of a deicide just 2 days ago by removing it from trade when I added my coin and clicking confirm. Of course I cancelled and left and next second he explodes into abusive language, accusations, denials and so on. Funny as hell, then I just BL. And these guys call the honest ones "idiots"? Beyond pathetic really.

actually the GM that popped on was acting out of the stated TOS and what has been said here on the forums. they have said repeatedly that they will NOT interfere with scams and it is buyer beware. if it has changed then yippee!! i will resubmit my ticket where i was scammed for 20 mil and thankfully finally get my coin back. it would be totally unfair for GM to show favoritism and only interfere for or ban certain players.

A number of people must have submitted tickets.... Susa saw BearClaw in arch checking out the scam shops and then told them about the ones in Raging Tide buying Raptures for 2.2m at 220k... it's not like a typo because there were like 5 shops that were up buying them. An hour or so later, they were all gone. Permabanned I hope.

well thanks for bringing it up. glad that Susa and BearClaw are so close that he will act on w/e Susa says. it would have been fair had BearClaw gone through west arch and banned all the scam shops there too. and to ban for something as simple as a missing 0 has be far the most assinine thing i have heard of. what about all the shard scam shops at daily stone that put an extra "0"? i have called GM s for that and they have told me "buyer beware". players have a brain to take 2 seconds to check the price. and if they are going to ban for a missing "0" then all the people who put an extra "0" should get refunded. tbh you have to have it both ways to keep fairness.

the thing that annoys me the most about PWI is the constant changing of rules. and how different rules apply to different people. either ban all scammers or none at all. dont be selective and play favorites.

i have a daily stone shop on Lost City called "Honest Stones" cause i was so tired of hearing about people getting scammed. i am going to sell it out and let you all go back to getting scammed. not like i make much coin from doing it anyway, was just to give the server back a lil honesty. but **** it. not worth my time nor tying up a computer 24/7. hubby can have his laptop back.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well thanks for bringing it up. glad that Susa and BearClaw are so close that he will act on w/e Susa says. it would have been fair had BearClaw gone through west arch and banned all the scam shops there too. and to ban for something as simple as a missing 0 has be far the most assinine thing i have heard of. what about all the shard scam shops at daily stone that put an extra "0"? i have called GM s for that and they have told me "buyer beware". players have a brain to take 2 seconds to check the price. and if they are going to ban for a missing "0" then all the people who put an extra "0" should get refunded. tbh you have to have it both ways to keep fairness.

Don't need to direct your bitterness towards me or him. Actually your original post sounded a bit fishy to me. But whatever. Susa just saw him and said, hey there are scam shops open over there, and he went and checked... perhaps you should submit a ticket if you're having issues.

i have a daily stone shop on Lost City called "Honest Stones" cause i was so tired of hearing about people getting scammed. i am going to sell it out and let you all go back to getting scammed. not like i make much coin from doing it anyway, was just to give the server back a lil honesty. but **** it. not worth my time nor tying up a computer 24/7. hubby can have his laptop back.

I used to buy from you... someone else used to run that shop when I asked if it was you.

*shrug*

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The general rule of thumb is that each player is ultimately responsible for paying attention to the terms of any deal before making any transaction. You are always the first and last line of defense in making sure you dont get taken advantage of.

However, scamming is indeed against the ToS, and GM's will take action against certain individuals if they are deemed to be negatively impacting a server.

Remember guys, if you feel that a player is breaking the rules, please take a screen shot and submit a ticket.

i sent a ticket about two weeks ago after I saw a catshop in west trying to scam a player from a lunar insignia with some DQ item that looked the same. I even sent a screenshot and everything. The response I got was that they will look into it, yet I still see that same exact catshop still hanging around?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    actually the GM that popped on was acting out of the stated TOS and what has been said here on the forums. they have said repeatedly that they will NOT interfere with scams and it is buyer beware. if it has changed then yippee!! i will resubmit my ticket where i was scammed for 20 mil and thankfully finally get my coin back. it would be totally unfair for GM to show favoritism and only interfere for or ban certain players.

the thing that annoys me the most about PWI is the constant changing of rules. and how different rules apply to different people. either ban all scammers or none at all. dont be selective and play favorites.

Well if I was a GM I certaintly wouldn't ban the scam shops very often.

Because I go, and ban them, and then people like you STILL find something to complain about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    OP, it sounds like one of those banned catshops was your own and you're mad that the other scam shops didn't get banned for it as well. ijs.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    LOL u mad? Make a new account and get a new shop!

On a more serious note... There are several GM (O.o), and not all tickets are handled by the same person. <--- Reason why some are taken more and some tickets are taken less seriously.

I for one, am glad if they plan of tightening the security on cat shop scamming, but they need to keep people on their toes as well. You dumb in game... well you're probably even dumber irl...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    i sent a ticket about two weeks ago after I saw a catshop in west trying to scam a player from a lunar insignia with some DQ item that looked the same. I even sent a screenshot and everything. The response I got was that they will look into it, yet I still see that same exact catshop still hanging around?

exactly my point. some people get banned and others do not. should be all or nothing imo. not pick and choose but w/e.

QUOTE=Michael_Dark - Lost City;11171982]Don't need to direct your bitterness towards me or him. Actually your original post sounded a bit fishy to me. But whatever. Susa just saw him and said, hey there are scam shops open over there, and he went and checked... perhaps you should submit a ticket if you're having issues.

I used to buy from you... someone else used to run that shop when I asked if it was you.

*shrug*

b:bye[/QUOTE]

if you take "bitterness" onto yourself then that is your problem. my issue is GM's changing their minds and only banning select players. when all my tickets are ignored and in game response is "buyer beware". i had the shop on my sin and then on my mage so idk who said it wasnt me. only reason i made stupid shop was so people could avoid getting scammed. but now if i **** up a price and accidently put an extra "0" i will get perma banned. idk what you mean by "fishy" cause thought you knew me a bit better than to think me a scammer. but for the record i have never had any sort of ban for anything. and i have never ever scammed anyone.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    exactly my point. some people get banned and others do not. should be all or nothing imo. not pick and choose but w/e.
    Don't need to direct your bitterness towards me or him. Actually your original post sounded a bit fishy to me. But whatever. Susa just saw him and said, hey there are scam shops open over there, and he went and checked... perhaps you should submit a ticket if you're having issues.

*shrug*

b:bye

if you take "bitterness" onto yourself then that is your problem. my issue is GM's changing their minds and only banning select players. when all my tickets are ignored and in game response is "buyer beware". i had the shop on my sin and then on my mage so idk who said it wasnt me. only reason i made stupid shop was so people could avoid getting scammed. but now if i **** up a price and accidently put an extra "0" i will get perma banned. idk what you mean by "fishy" cause thought you knew me a bit better than to think me a scammer. but for the record i have never had any sort of ban for anything. and i have never ever scammed anyone.

Do not attribute to malice which can be equally explained by stupidity...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I went and priced out Level 3 Garnet shards in AH. 40k roughly. So, I punked a bunch of coins into my shop, a Garnet shard, and started buying them at 35k a pop.

I went to empty out after I got 8 of them, and realized... I had put a level 5 garnet shard in instead of a level 3 shard. o.O

Funny thing is that I didn't get any batches of shards, just one at a time. I've since put in a level 4 shard at reasonable buy price. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level