Maxim is here

Options

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What do we have to lose if we lose land? 150 ~ 450 mirages?

Based purely on that ^

What have you to lose if you try to defend all 3 and lose 1, 2 or even all 3 ? If anything more of your members would benefit if your decisions are made on a Fun > land basis.

At it's very basic level it would probably mean you got both a " fun " defence and attack the following week. Ofc people's definitions of fun vary so other's views might differ.

Note:
    Before the " You just want free/cheap land " comments
    I'm not saying this is what you should do or it's even what I want you to do . It's just a question based on the Fun > land conversation.
    Dunno about Rad, but if we ever get such a 3-way gank I would expect Enrage to no-show Drakon and go after Rad and Dominus.

We always expect Enrage to send a full 80 ... We made the mistake of thinking they wouldn't one week and severely paid for it.
    Imo any TW faction should expect the top opposition to send a full 80 and base their plans on that. The sign-ups, roster, gear and skills of any other Factions in a gank is outside your own control so shouldn't really factor it how you plan to do something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    woooo thread derailed.

Lets count this as last weekend's TW thread then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Based purely on that ^

What have you to lose if you try to defend all 3 and lose 1, 2 or even all 3 ? If anything more of your members would benefit if your decisions are made on a Fun > land basis.

Back to what I said about 'good' TW. Id certainly not want to attempt defending 3 with a 40/40/40 split and get lolraped by the #2 guild in 5mins, where we could do an 80 / 40 split and have a 1h30min tw against #2. We have tried 3 way defenses in the past and lost 1~2 lands, nobody threw up a fuss and it was funtimes. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Whatever rationalizations are made for "spawnkilling", it is still poor sportsmanship.

But obviously we disagree.

If being "serious" means that kind of intentional abuse, then I'm just fine here thanks.

My "grudges" only involve wanting a fair fight. I have more of an issue with PWI for **** up bidding that I do with other factions and their activities.

You still seem awfull defensive.

RedMenace

They have turned up an hour before TW to prepare, organised apoth/charms etc. Can you really blame them for wanting to extend a 5 minute TW ?

Bad sportsmanship could also be described as taking your bat and ball and going home when the TW hasn't ended because the faction YOU attacked is kicking your butt. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well Aes, my problem is I get easily excited and have some 'prematurity' problems, so any 1 handed activity from me ends quite quickly and I have to AFK to clean up. So I guess that furthers the insult to dominus as I (and maybe more?) people will be 'semi afk' while spawnkilling them b:shocked

Sometimes i just wish i could Un-read things.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Bad sportsmanship could also be described as taking your bat and ball and going home when the TW hasn't ended because the faction YOU attacked is kicking your butt. b:surrender

Saw a bit of that this weekend, some nice hate PMs as well. I mean honestly, if you attack knowing that you will get rolled over if more then 60 members of the faction you attacked show up, why in the world would you get upset when just that happens. Can not tell you how many I saw bail from one certain fight that I took part in this weekend.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They have turned up an hour before TW to prepare, organised apoth/charms etc. Can you really blame them for wanting to extend a 5 minute TW ?

Sorry to have derailed your faction thread, Crystabella.

I look forward to seeing you implement your strategies, and take over the map.

RedMenace

\b:victory
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    r8 archer willing to work for food.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    While the thread is derailed

Do people think the new 40 Vs 40 HQ wars will impact on TW.

Ie: With being able to bid on any faction with a base and not just like atm Enrage will alot of the smaller/non-serious TW factions just do that instead of TW.

Ofc all depends on times,schedules and the bases not costing an arm and a leg or your first born b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tbh, wouldn't these base wars kill TW even more? Why TW when you can have base wars, the option of fighting anyone you please, and even having "allied" teams.

But true, we don't know whats truly in a base war. Eitherway, I think it just kills the TW concept, yet the PvP concept is still....good I suppose.

Can you gank in a base war?

Still too early to determine stuff, but based on current info/rumors, I would say it ruins TW.

People would rather BW than TW.

BW = Base War >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Can you gank in a base war?

Well since as far as we know each faction will only have 1 base, ganking as we use the term in TW wouldn't be possible.

But

I suppose with the ally system you could have say for example TE + Dominus each send their best 20 to a 40 person force, it could be termed as a form of ganking.
    Ohh for politic intrigue, backstabbing and allies b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well since as far as we know each faction will only have 1 base, ganking as we use the term in TW wouldn't be possible.

But

I suppose with the ally system you could have say for example TE + Dominus each send their best 20 to a 40 person force, it could be termed as a form of ganking.
    Ohh for politic intrigue, backstabbing and allies b:victory

Can you attack your allies in BW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »

No clue TBH. The info atm is pretty basic about allies and BW. Being able to set ally protection on/off for PK, or bring them in to help vs a stronger opponent in BW etc.
    But hopefully with the patch being tested atm and going " live " in a few days for PW-CN more info will not be far behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »

*lucky scarab's sleep* .. Whaaaaa >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Interesting..
    Depending on how this works out, this may bring a fun new experience to PWI, while at the same time keeping TW the way it is.

Or BW's can cost 50 gold each try..which I wouldn't doubt.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Interesting..

I hope they do make it interesting, specially in regards to how the bases are used during the war and victory conditions ( hopefully will not be a " 1 death and your out " situation Ie: the tourney )

But tis PW so not going hold my breath
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ( hopefully will not be a " 1 death and your out " situation Ie: the tourney )

But tis PW so not going hold my breath

Character deletion upon death. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Whatever rationalizations are made for "spawnkilling", it is still poor sportsmanship.

But obviously we disagree.

If being "serious" means that kind of intentional abuse, then I'm just fine here thanks.

My "grudges" only involve wanting a fair fight. I have more of an issue with PWI for **** up bidding that I do with other factions and their activities.

You still seem awfull defensive.

RedMenace

As I said, I don't think "serious TW faction" has to do with what goes on exactly inside the instance. It's more of how and towards what you push your faction.

I understand your grudge about never getting in on a gank, but I fail to see how ganking is your idea of a "fair" fight. I realize you want a gank to cut our forces down to get a better TW, which is perfectly reasonable, but slapping the word "fair" on top of it to imply that a 1v1 Dominus versus Enrage is somehow not "fair" is questionable at best.
    Based purely on that ^

At it's very basic level it would probably mean you got both a " fun " defence and attack the following week. Ofc people's definitions of fun vary so other's views might differ.

Note:
    Before the " You just want free/cheap land " comments
    I'm not saying this is what you should do or it's even what I want you to do . It's just a question based on the Fun > land conversation.

We always expect Enrage to send a full 80 ... We made the mistake of thinking they wouldn't one week and severely paid for it.
    Imo any TW faction should expect the top opposition to send a full 80 and base their plans on that. The sign-ups, roster, gear and skills of any other Factions in a gank is outside your own control so shouldn't really factor it how you plan to do something.
    What we lose if we try and fail to defend three factions at once is not exactly just land. Enrage is home to some of the biggest egos, and it is simply will not make the guild happy to do the stupid thing and lose 2 or 3 lands when it makes more sense to leave one. I doubt that many people are still in Enrage for the land and the money, but it's LOSING a TW that is unproductive to the happiness of the guild. I've never relied on TW pay as an income and always wanted to TW for the fun, but even I wouldn't suggest trying to the 2-4th factions on the server at once. I think Steopie sums it up best here:
    Back to what I said about 'good' TW. Id certainly not want to attempt defending 3 with a 40/40/40 split and get lolraped by the #2 guild in 5mins, where we could do an 80 / 40 split and have a 1h30min tw against #2. We have tried 3 way defenses in the past and lost 1~2 lands, nobody threw up a fuss and it was funtimes. b:cute
    If we get rolled in 5 minutes being outnumbered 2:1 in Rad, then it might as well have been a 2-faction war with Dominus and Drakon with 5 minutes delay on half our forces, and for the "fun" factor we prefer to have a TW with Rad.

b:chuckleb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

If we get rolled in 5 minutes being outnumbered 2:1 in Rad, then it might as well have been a 2-faction war with Dominus and Drakon with 5 minutes delay on half our forces, and for the "fun" factor we prefer to have a TW with Rad.

I understand your point, and having never been in a TW either for or against Dominus/Drakon I would'nt know what forces you would need to allocate to defend a land ( defend as in not lose rather than by " winning " and taking out the crystal )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As I said, I don't think "serious TW faction" has to do with what goes on exactly inside the instance. It's more of how and towards what you push your faction.

I understand your grudge about never getting in on a gank, but I fail to see how ganking is your idea of a "fair" fight. I realize you want a gank to cut our forces down to get a better TW, which is perfectly reasonable, but slapping the word "fair" on top of it to imply that a 1v1 Dominus versus Enrage is somehow not "fair" is questionable at best.

I guess I wasn't clear.

A "gank" would be nice, because it would help equalize the numbers. No, no one is entitled to that - just wishful thinking.

I was referring to "killfarming" when I mentioned a "fair fight". I consider killing the crystal as soon as you are able to be "fighting fair". I have participated in TW's with smaller guilds where we made several pushes toward their base, then fell back and started over in order to give them a chance to learn TW. Then, when it's time, attack and destroy the crystal.

If you're not interested in that, then just kill the crystal and go.

Then again, some groups have different definitions of Good Sportsmanship. Above is mine.

I TW for the chance at a good fight. I find it disappointing that good fights are so rare anymore. I just dont personally consider killfarming a good substitute.

RedMenace

\curious as well about details of BaseWars
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im proablably the lowest lvl commenting on this thread its a good idea but honestly do u think u can get enoph power to over run enrage they give freedies ud get it and theyd take it but id b willing to try i love TW b:laugh
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    freebies***
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im proablably the lowest lvl commenting on this thread its a good idea but honestly do u think u can get enoph power to over run enrage they give freedies ud get it and theyd take it but id b willing to try i love TW b:laugh

Enrage is currently #1 on the server by a large margin. In a 1vs1 against any other faction they'll win. This is evened out (in theory not in practice ty TW system) by multiple factions attacking at the same time while they defend.

If any of the top 2-4 align for a TW attack it produces some interesting scenarios. If only one faces off with them its an expected loss.

If all the splinter factions and smaller factions took a break for a few weeks, the map would shift colors pretty quickly as all of the larger TW factions aligned with each other and begin picking lands off from Enrage.

@ RedMenace's comments, he's not upset at going in and losing in 15-20 minutes in a 1vs1, its expected. He's upset at Enrages behavior at the end where they are just spawn camping and killing people w\o buffs cooldown whatnot.
    Because we bid we're required to show to the TW's even if its a known loss or face random banning. (Ask MsE)
    Enrage's actions would indicate they want to stop other factions from attacking them or face charm **** and redicule in WC. A strong method if they want to reduce TW attacks and hold the map without significant TW's.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    @ RedMenace's comments, he's not upset at going in and losing in 15-20 minutes in a 1vs1, its expected. He's upset at Enrages behavior at the end where they are just spawn camping and killing people w\o buffs cooldown whatnot.
    Because we bid we're required to show to the TW's even if its a known loss or face random banning. (Ask MsE)
    Enrage's actions would indicate they want to stop other factions from attacking them or face charm **** and redicule in WC. A strong method if they want to reduce TW attacks and hold the map without significant TW's.

Any half-brained person knows Dominus is butthurt about the kill-farming, not losing.

Because you bid you are required to show up but there are no restrictions on Enrage's response. Crystabella summed it up best. You opened the door for us, we prepared for it, and we can make the most of it however we see fit. Whether or not you like it is not our problem. As I said though, I personally think kill farming is a waste of my time, but I still think it's useless to pout about it after you opened the door for it yourselves.

Enrage's actions "indicate" that we are padding our kill count. Unless you were in a discussion with Mystic about his motivations to give us such orders you are in no position to say what political reasons we might have for it. The direct result of our kill farming was that we were padding our stats, and just because you felt demoralized because of it does not mean Enrage doesn't want significant TWs. That's more like making excuses and pointing fingers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • neyomccoy
    neyomccoy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    maybe some expose breast :o
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Any half-brained person knows Dominus is butthurt about the kill-farming, not losing.

Because you bid you are required to show up but there are no restrictions on Enrage's response. Crystabella summed it up best. You opened the door for us, we prepared for it, and we can make the most of it however we see fit. Whether or not you like it is not our problem. As I said though, I personally think kill farming is a waste of my time, but I still think it's useless to pout about it after you opened the door for it yourselves.

Enrage's actions "indicate" that we are padding our kill count. Unless you were in a discussion with Mystic about his motivations to give us such orders you are in no position to say what political reasons we might have for it. The direct result of our kill farming was that we were padding our stats, and just because you felt demoralized because of it does not mean Enrage doesn't want significant TWs. That's more like making excuses and pointing fingers.

Did I pull your chain? Guess I did at that. Well kid it goes like this, an "indication" is :

1.Act of pointing out or indicating.
    2.That which serves to indicate or point out; mark; token; sign; symptom; evidence.
    The frequent stops they make in the most convenient places are plain indications of their weariness. Joseph Addison.
    3.Discovery made; information.
    4.(obsolete) Explanation; display. Francis Bacon.
    5.(medicine) Any symptom or occurrence in a disease, which serves to direct to suitable remedies.
    6.(finance) An declared approximation of the price at which a traded security is likely to commence trading.

I get to draw a conclusion based on the evidence presented, I'm not required to read anyone's mind, motivations don't matter. Since you clearly use the word "indication" later in your post one can only assume your reading comprehension is lacking and\or your just doing your trollish best to say something nasty regardless of content.

Springing to the defense of your faction members actions is admirable though in this case as in most of your posts it is stupid and pointless. No one was attacking them, unless you consider stating what was done during the TW an attack? Or was pointing out the ridiculous world chats after? Did I point out the hypocrisy of wanting "better" tw's while at the same time following a course of behavior that discourages them? The answer is "No I did not" in case you've lost the thread of this post already. What I did say is that it is "A strong method if they want to reduce TW attacks and hold the map without significant TW's." Whether you like it, agree with it, find it distasteful or any other personal opinion really doesn't matter, you defend it.

Any half-brained person can see that kill farming is a tactic that can demoralize an opponent. Any half-brained troll can try to say "we were padding our stats" and imply that no one thought there would be other effects. You can't possibly be that stupid...
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

Since Aesthor feels this post sums up Enrages stance the best lets go ahead and draw it out.

Two teams show up for a baseball game, they've both spent extensive time training and preparing, getting ready for thier game. The game finishes with one side the clear winner, no real surprise there. The victorious team then pickup thier baseball bats and begin striking the opposing team.
    In consternation the victorious team screams and shouts and cries about how its wrong of the losing team to leave the field. They'd signed up! They DESERVE to be beaten with baseball bats!!

Lost is the concept of the baseball game and its competition. The sense of fun gone. In place of what should be a victorious team proud of thier achievement, stands an ugly stunted troll. Underfed, uneducated, dressed in rags picked from garbage. The ugly troll tries to tell the world how wonderful the winning team is! What great people they are! That they are misunderstood! That they can't be blamed! The crack addiction MAKES them behave like jackasses.

The 9 trolls watching the game cheer and shout!! How Wonderful!! Not thinking about all the empty seats, the spectators that never bothered to show up to the dying game.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hmmm, did not like the fact the game was not over ?
    instead of mercying them out, we went the whole nine innings ?

so yeah, cry about it more, and as pointed out, pick up your bat & ball and leave. no where in any of the rules does it state that we must pull cats in at first opening. I believe the only statement is that we can not lose on purpose.

now Aes even went as far as saying it is not in her taste to do such, nor mine for that matter. but, we where asked to do something and followed instruction like we where asked at the time. so instead of commenting on that, you bash her for a decision that was not even her's to make. I see, GG Rule, look forward to this weekend then. prehaps I have another person to look for besides Raw to entertain myself as you get killed over and over.

if you want a good comparison to your baseball game and bashing people over the heads with a bat, why not look at it from a real stand point.
    you came to a game to compete, with 1/4 a full roster of players that where on par. you do this every week time in and out, but expect something to "magically" change the outcome ?
    so yeah, instead of hit home run time after time, we load the bases up and draw it out for a full blow out ?

if you want to QQ yourself over and over about getting spawn killed then call it out as such. if you want something to change so that you do not get spawn killed, hmm, figure out something you can do in TW to prevent that. other then that, I would probably feel that you might want to get use to it.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    song for dominus to play as our +12 r8 archers barrage your spawn point, while kashin runs in and drops an arma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfidcd_4FQ
    b:cryb:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]