How big is the Map?

2»

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    someone posted links to the new map locations in the genesis update thread today.. bottom left of map below plume etc http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11167792&postcount=846

wow i was right ha now my friends gotta give me 100k
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yup, thought it might be thar, lol.
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    you can see some of the area if you fly up at the right height thts why i thought it would be tht area becus you can kind of see a valley looking thing tht looks kind of like the concept art lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Map is too small, servers are too crowded. Sometimes we are all jammed in so tightly, one more person logging in will crash the whole system b:chuckleb:chuckle

Feel like a sardine in a can sometimes...

nah, but seriously, map is pretty big if you are a wizz running 4.8m/s and have no mount... luckily, i don't have this problem b:cute
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Map is too small, servers are too crowded. Sometimes we are all jammed in so tightly, one more person logging in will crash the whole system b:chuckleb:chuckle

Feel like a sardine in a can sometimes...

nah, but seriously, map is pretty big if you are a wizz running 4.8m/s and have no mount... luckily, i don't have this problem b:cute

I remember when I got the Polar bear mount for my wizard at level 40 when I could ride it... felt to amazing to see how fast I could go...
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Dungeons:

fb19 - Elf/Beast/Human/Tideborn
    Secret Passage
    fb29
    fb39
    Godless Valley
    Cube of Fate (+Arena)
    fb51
    fb59
    Twilight Temple
    fb69
    Frost Covered City
    fb79
    Cave of Sadistic Glee
    Lunar Glade
    fb89 Eden
    fb89 Hell
    Warsong
    fb99 Seat
    fb99 Abaddon
    Nirvana Palace

Events:

Daily Horse Race
    Dragon Temple
    Jungle Ruins
    City of Abominations
    Wushu Tournament
    Territory War Battlefield

Maps:

Heaven
    Hell
    Chrono map1 - Old Heaven's Tear
    Chrono map2 - Old Unicorn Forest
    Chrono map3 - Old Valley of Scarred
    Chrono map4 - Old Moonshade Desert

Unavailable:

Sundown Arena (that red thing out in the desert)
    Archosaur Arena
    Monthly/Yearly Horse Race

Not sure what this Godless Valley is. Mayhaps you mean Valley of Reciprosity (often called Rebirth of the Gods).

These 2 would be more considered "Maps" rather then dungeons. They arent instanced, nor do they have elite mobs. In addition, there's Nightscream Island (area outside FB79) in a similar vain.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In addition, there's Hallucinatory Trench (area outside FB79) in a similar vain.

You mean Nightscream Island... the Trench is the FB instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited November 2010
    You mean Nightscream Island... the Trench is the FB instance.

D'oh, i stand corrected. Shows how long its been since i been there.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    These 2 would be more considered "Maps" rather then dungeons. They arent instanced, nor do they have elite mobs. In addition, there's Nightscream Island (area outside FB79) in a similar vain.

It's a shared instance like Cube of Fate, which if you were being technical, should have included with Secret Passage and Cave.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's a shared instance like Cube of Fate, which if you were being technical, should have included with Secret Passage and Cave.

"shared instance" seems like an oxymoron... "shared dungeon/map" perhaps? since the point of calling something an "instance" is that you don't have to share it, amirite?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited November 2010

The term instance means its "instanced" for every new group that enters. There's no such thing as a "shared" instance. Cube belongs in that category as well. But Cube, Nightscream, Secret Passage, and Sadistic Glee are otherwise no different then each of the past maps or Magmo/Lothra (Hell/Heaven) other then the scenery. Hence why saying they belong with "Other Maps"
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PWI is HUGE.. i Teleport from south arch to west arch then to north arch.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chucklei just had to quote it

Also, you get to see how big it is when you will get to doing wq...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Oh man...my brain died. I totally forgot about YDK and didn't know that Monthly/Yearly Horse Race was on the world map.

Also, Deora, if Sundown Arena were open, there'd be a system message for it like on MY-EN. They have it as a daily event over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    b:chuckleb:chucklei just had to quote it

Also, you get to see how big it is when you will get to doing wq...b:surrender

lol im lvl102... and i never did WQ on my sin. I guess i'll never know the size b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
    edited November 2010
    oh Man...my Brain Died. I Totally Forgot About ydk And Didn't Know That Monthly/yearly Horse Race Was On The World Map.

Also, Deora, If Sundown Arena Were Open, There'd Be A System Message For It Like On My-en. They Have It As A Daily Event Over There.

Ydk?.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    "shared instance" seems like an oxymoron... "shared dungeon/map" perhaps? since the point of calling something an "instance" is that you don't have to share it, amirite?
    The term instance means its "instanced" for every new group that enters. There's no such thing as a "shared" instance. Cube belongs in that category as well. But Cube, Nightscream, Secret Passage, and Sadistic Glee are otherwise no different then each of the past maps or Magmo/Lothra (Hell/Heaven) other then the scenery. Hence why saying they belong with "Other Maps"

I call them shared instances as opposed to unique instances. They certainly aren't open maps. I use the term 'instance' as generic word for 'dungeon' since dungeon really isn't used in this game. To me, a map is an open area... heaven/hell/main map/nightscream... And an instance is a dungeon, and it can be unique to the squad or open to anyone. That's just how I use the term though.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ydk?.

Nightscream Island. YDK is the nickname for it. Or it might have been YKD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Enreillia - Sanctuary
    Enreillia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I do all my quests. Though the first part of Goshiki quest chain leveled me up quite a bit. I didn't even have to go out and kill anything the last day of 2x exp. I haven't really done instances besides FBs. I rarely seem to find someone willing for BH29. I guess mainly because of the level range. Maybe due to that fact 2x is over that will change.