Maxim is here

Options
Isaphet - Heavens Tear
Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Maxim has been founded by a group of people looking for a TW faction, but seeing no appealing options. So many people on Heavens Tear are waiting, hoping that a new faction will arise to take the helm and be what this server needs. The wait is over, Maxim is here to step up to that plate.

We aim to be as democratic as possible, to give all members a voice. The setup of the faction itself is just an example of how we will achieve that, with all people on board from the start having their opinions heard on all matters they wanted to speak on.

We aim to give our members an enjoyable place to be, without forcing them to play the game in any particular way. We will not be legalistic, and we will not create pages of rules for anyone to follow. This is a game played by everyone to have fun, not to be told what to do. All we ask for is respect for fellow guild members, and a dedication to TW.

Most importantly, we aim to become the greatest faction on Heavens Tear.

The officers have the desire and drive to make this a success, just take a look at what we already have up and running in the first few hours of the factions creation and you can see the passion we all have for making this dream come true.

Please check out the guest section of our forums at maxim.freeforums.org to see what we are about, or to apply. We have a list of contact methods posted, so if you have any questions whatsoever please drop us a line. Feel free to hop on our vent server too (login info available on the forums), we would love to chat with you!

See you soon!
Post edited by Isaphet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hmmm very interesting indeed, hope things florish very well for you guys. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Grats on becoming the 2471296th person to come up with this idea.

Pretty sure you were one of the people saying people need to band together and take down Enrage, and stop making small guilds instead, but I may be wrong. This isn't going to work for the 2471296th time.

These forums are boring lately..
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

there's a back button on your browser you know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, I can't wait to see what your guild logo will be. *grin*
  • Ramesha - Heavens Tear
    Ramesha - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well you will have to wait and see b:laugh
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No one voted for my icon suggestion.

I thought a pair of shoes was the obvious choice b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Grats on becoming the 2471296th person to come up with this idea.

Pretty sure you were one of the people saying people need to band together and take down Enrage, and stop making small guilds instead, but I may be wrong. This isn't going to work for the 2471296th time.

People* please. This is a group of us who have started Maxim, not just one person b:thanks

On the other stuff. Most of the server has been looking for a place to band together, a lot of people believe that there isn't a faction capable of that at the moment. We at Maxim have a team that has a lot of experience in leading factions and a very good balance of personnel too. Some of the evidence is already there with how much we have accomplished in the last 24 hours
    We aim to become the faction that this server has been lacking. When I look at our officers, I think we have the people to succeed.

and no Bella no shoes!
  • Momento - Heavens Tear
    Momento - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love maxim magazine
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love maxim magazine

was wondering when someone would say that b:thanks
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Great. Another TW that we will spend more time to meet up for than actually defending. Or just stat-padding for that matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Noone is saying that you should meet up at all before 6 min TWs. Guilds are just too inflexible about their rules...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    GL whit this new project Isa
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Noone is saying that you should meet up at all before 6 min TWs. Guilds are just too inflexible about their rules...

Recruiting members for TheEmpire 90+ We got TW in 15 minutes? It's ok, time for 1 more nirvana run. PM MsEvilness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

It's okay that you missed the point of my post, but even then, no one is saying that I should play PW, be in Enrage, TW at all, or troll the forums, but all that happens anyways, right? And on that topic, someone DOES say that I should meet up, as obvious by your SECOND statement of guilds and their "rules," therefore contradicting your own statement. Anyways, don't mind me, I just took too many English courses and people contradicting their own argument because of bad wording is a nerdy source of amusement for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's okay that you missed the point of my post, but even then, no one is saying that I should play PW, be in Enrage, TW at all, or troll the forums, but all that happens anyways, right? And on that topic, someone DOES say that I should meet up, as obvious by your SECOND statement of guilds and their "rules," therefore contradicting your own statement. Anyways, don't mind me, I just took too many English courses and people contradicting their own argument because of bad wording is a nerdy source of amusement for me.

I'm Just Sayin.

RedMenace

\I suggest de-caf
    \\after that, a fresh set of batteries in your "appliance"
    \\\if you know what I mean
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Great. Another TW that we will spend more time to meet up for than actually defending. Or just stat-padding for that matter.

Probaby similar to how Drakon feels about their attacks when you no show them reguarly

*giggles* Aesy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You got the point that i was making in my post, even if it wasn't perfectly worded. Anyway enough off topic from me... good luck with the recruiting, it's hard to recruit people to a new guild these days unless u bribe ppl b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • DrowRanger - Heavens Tear
    DrowRanger - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Enrage should disband and make FHM =X
  • expertaudit
    expertaudit Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Probaby similar to how Drakon feels about their attacks when you no show them reguarly

Was a good strategy to no show to T.W. b:victory

But you must admits, even if Enrage is strong, they can't fight in 3 T.W. (Radiance, Drakon and Dominus) at the same time.
    I think is hard for Enrage to fight with Radiance and Drakon in the same time, and maybe because of this Enrage don't show with Dragon.
    I don t know how many people have good gear in Enrage, and I don't care, but is hard to split good people in 2 or 3 T.W.
    Lets see, maybe another 2 or 3 guild they start to do T.W. seriously... b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

But you must admits, even if Enrage is strong, they can't fight in 3 T.W. (Radiance, Drakon and Dominus) at the same time.
    I think is hard for Enrage to fight with Radiance and Drakon in the same time, and maybe because of this Enrage don't show with Dragon.
    I don t know how many people have good gear in Enrage, and I don't care, but is hard to split good people in 2 or 3 T.W.
    Lets see, maybe another 2 or 3 guild they start to do T.W. seriously... b:question

Someone seems to have forgotten that Enrage beat Radiance + Drakon + TheEmpire in a single time slot this week.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Someone seems to have forgotten that Enrage beat Radiance + Drakon + TheEmpire in a single time slot this week.

We noshowed drakon and beat them in our attack in another timeslot. So no, were not currently capable of defending against a 3 way gank against the 'upper end' competition.

*hammers head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options

Dunno about Rad, but if we ever get such a 3-way gank I would expect Enrage to no-show Drakon and go after Rad and Dominus.

From here, it looks like Enrage enjoys letting Drakon get a land, just so they have someone to poke at later. Kind of like "playing with their food".

Dominus' problem is that there are several ex-Enrage that they have a "case of the @ss" over that they're willing to let almost anything go by if it means another chance to "punish" Dominus for deigning to exist and/or taking their precious Enrage members away.

Kind of the same way Tao would happily no-show Enrage to climb all over Belial.

I rather enjoy watching them have their tantrums. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over when they rant and pout over WC.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dunno about Rad, but if we ever get such a 3-way gank I would expect Enrage to no-show Drakon and go after Rad and Dominus.

From here, it looks like Enrage enjoys letting Drakon get a land, just so they have someone to poke at later. Kind of like "playing with their food".

Dominus' problem is that there are several ex-Enrage that they have a "case of the @ss" over that they're willing to let almost anything go by if it means another chance to "punish" Dominus for deigning to exist and/or taking their precious Enrage members away.

Kind of the same way Tao would happily no-show Enrage to climb all over Belial.

I rather enjoy watching them have their tantrums. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over when they rant and pout over WC.

RedMenace

We would normally go for the best TW available, so currently we normally (and have been) always go for the rad battle and then make a decision on what else is best with regards to how many signups etc we have. What do we have to lose if we lose land? 150 ~ 450 mirages? oh gawd the pain b:cry

Just as, at the time tao were noshowing us for belial, it was as they simply wouldnt have enjoyed fighting enrage, as it offered a 5min spawnkill fest at that time in taos history, where belial was a good 40min+ fight that they had a shouting chance of winning.

and lol, if you get spawn killed youre not a serious tw faction, we just want to break the delusions a lot of you seeminly have.
    b:surrender

*edit* more to add i guess =p

A lot of people in enrage dislike and like people in drakon... dominus.. radiance and other guilds that often bid on us, I dont think the 'omg some people in enrage dont like these people in my guild so they never let us win' card works, as like i said, some people despise drakon and its leadership, yet we noshow them for the sake of our own TW enjoyment / benefit. We take the situations as they come and make a decision into taking what we hope is the best situation for our TW.

I also dont agree that hoping you can win land in a noshow is a good priority for a serious TW guild and it would honestly not be an achievement worth anything. Maybe you should work on your attendance, strategies and all round quality and give a good fight to whoever you come up against. Enjoying yourselves and having a good TW >>>>> 150mirages by winning a noshow, regardless if you win or lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options

and lol, if you get spawn killed youre not a serious tw faction, we just want to break the delusions a lot of you seeminly have.

A lot of people in enrage dislike and like people in drakon... dominus.. radiance and other guilds that often bid on us, I dont think the 'omg some people in enrage dont like these people in my guild so they never let us win' card works, as like i said, some people despise drakon and its leadership, yet we noshow them for the sake of our own TW enjoyment / benefit. We take the situations as they come and make a decision into taking what we hope is the best situation for our TW.

I also dont agree that hoping you can win land in a noshow is a good priority for a serious TW guild and it would honestly not be an achievement worth anything. Maybe you should work on your attendance, strategies and all round quality and give a good fight to whoever you come up against. Enjoying yourselves and having a good TW >>>>> 150mirages by winning a noshow, regardless if you win or lose.

Then apparently we have differing definitions of "serious TW faction".

My definition involves trying to kill the opponents crystal. Your Mileage May Vary.

Bombing spawns is a job best done left-handed, apparently.

RedMenace

\wasn't really interested in your justifications for things
    \\but thanx for the nerdrage all the same
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • expertaudit
    expertaudit Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We would normally go for the best TW available, so currently we normally (and have been) always go for the rad battle and then make a decision on what else is best with regards to how many signups etc we have. What do we have to lose if we lose land? 150 ~ 450 mirages? oh gawd the pain b:cry

Just as, at the time tao were noshowing us for belial, it was as they simply wouldnt have enjoyed fighting enrage, as it offered a 5min spawnkill fest at that time in taos history, where belial was a good 40min+ fight that they had a shouting chance of winning.

Interesting, I found some answers ...
    The truth hurt
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

My definition involves trying to kill the opponents crystal. Your Mileage May Vary.

RedMenace

I usually dislike kill farming in TWs because it's a waste of my time but my evaluation of last weekend's two kill farms was: Dominus was at least worth going to if you wanted to pad your kill stats since there are enough of them that not as many people QQ'd about archers barraging the catapults, though I was lagging so bad since I had to play on my laptop that week it probably didn't do me much good. Drakon was VERY entertaining to kill farm. It's almost like an event where I actually had to watch what I was doing but if I paid attention I wouldn't die. Wait I guess that makes Drakon the guild of mobs doesn't it? Anyways, for once, I had fun kill farming when I went to Drakon, and I go to TW to have fun, so I guess my time was well spent despite the lack of real competition.

As for a definition of "serious TW faction," I think I'd define that as a faction who takes your involvement on the TW scene as the primary factor in your value as a member, and will seek to organize the guild towards the TW scene. I don't consider what is actually done IN the TWs as a way of determining "serious TW faction." But as you said yourself, mileage may vary.

On a more serious note, I agree with Steopie in that you shouldn't use grudges as your excuse for Enrage choosing to fight Dominus over Drakon. There are people who hate individuals in every other major faction, not just Dominus, and you'd be flattering yourself to think a handful of people with grudges can sway an entire faction to go to this or that TW.

But let us assure you that we enjoy other World Chatters' pouts and rants just as much as you may like ours :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

RedMenace

on reflection maybe 'serious tw faction' was the incorrect choice of wording for what I stated. 'Uncompetitive' may have been a better choice of wording.

We also seem to have difference definitions of 'nerdrage' Im just posting dealing on a factual basis, in a very calm and composed manner. Claiming somebody is 'nerdraging' just seems to be you having some deep rooted 'butthurtness' and the only way you can justify it is claiming we all whack off as we spawnkill you b:cuteb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options

Most likely. I was kind of annoyed myself at having to no-show them, but when I thought about it, it means we get an extra TW per week since we can attack, so I don't mind anymore. That and I think Mono likes it if we don't show and there's no competition...

<3 Bella :)
    on reflection maybe 'serious tw faction' was the incorrect choice of wording for what I stated. 'Uncompetitive' may have been a better choice of wording.

We also seem to have difference definitions of 'nerdrage' Im just posting dealing on a factual basis, in a very calm and composed manner. Claiming somebody is 'nerdraging' just seems to be you having some deep rooted 'butthurtness' and the only way you can justify it is claiming we all whack off as we spawnkill you b:cuteb:chuckle

Isn't it more of an insult to Dominus if it is said that we were spawn killing them playing with only one hand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Isn't it more of an insult to Dominus if it is said that we were spawn killing them playing with only one hand?

Well Aes, my problem is I get easily excited and have some 'prematurity' problems, so any 1 handed activity from me ends quite quickly and I have to AFK to clean up. So I guess that furthers the insult to dominus as I (and maybe more?) people will be 'semi afk' while spawnkilling them b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Whatever rationalizations are made for "spawnkilling", it is still poor sportsmanship.

But obviously we disagree.

If being "serious" means that kind of intentional abuse, then I'm just fine here thanks.

My "grudges" only involve wanting a fair fight. I have more of an issue with PWI for **** up bidding that I do with other factions and their activities.

You still seem awfull defensive.

RedMenace
    Robert A. Heinlein