How big is the Map?

Options
Xuchpra - Harshlands
Xuchpra - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
While playing, look interesting, but concern about the map size and room for all players. Is there portals to another continents or worlds? 30 dungeons will not be enough.
Post edited by Xuchpra - Harshlands on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dungeon here is work like instances so every squad got their own instance.
    The world is big enough but some world mobs spawn is not spread well . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    there's plenty of room even on the open map. even on one of the most --- possibly THE most --- populated server (Heaven's Tear), i only see congestion in a few specific places, and even then it's seldom a problem.

west archosaur is only an issue because of the graphics lag there; there's no scarce resource there to compete over, so it doesn't really matter if the game slows down in that area. really, the "mines" area west of archosaur where low-2x level chars get all their quests is the worst, because there you DO have to share mobs with other players, and it's usually busy. but once you're out of that level range, things get good and generally remain so.

30 dungeons not enough? not enough for what, exactly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately the map is very small. The Tideborn expansion added a little extra but compared to some other mmo's the game in itself is fairly compact, having very little to really explore. =/
  • Xuchpra - Harshlands
    Xuchpra - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ok i just checking, noticed there more hidden lands to the west. Wish they open that up as well.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PWI is HUGE.. i Teleport from south arch to west arch then to north arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CS'ers dont need to explore the map. Just sit in Arch and spam packs. No need to farm for money, for gear. Only places to 'explore' is oracle spots and FC x 1000.

Welcome to Perfect World International!
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PW is huge, really huge. So long to travel.

@poster above, oracles are last year :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes it's big but not huge. b:shocked

Example of huge ones is when a castle size without the city is almost the same as archosaur and we can go inside lots of buildings.
    Or dungeon is what left from an ancient civilization, which mean can become really huge and the enemy can drastically stronger the more we go deeper. Mean the instances has a story that goes with your lv, as low lv maybe just scout there.
    But as you lv up, the story make you go deeper and know more about the ancient civilization.

Huge map is feel like walking to nearby city that seem only 1 block from your starting city, but can take you more than 10 minute. b:shutup
    (thanks there plenty npc walking or in small camp you meet in the way giving quest along the way)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not big enough for the two of us. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what does map size matter?

You actually use map for first 40 levels, then it's all bh, tt, and fc

only time im in map, I afk fly.

fun fact: there's apparently trees and water in this game, or so I'm told. not sure if i believe it though.
  • Sherilys - Raging Tide
    Sherilys - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You actually use map for first 40 levels, then it's all bh, tt, and fc

That is the sad part of the game. PW has a nice open world but doesn't use it wisely.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Im sure only a VERY small handfull of people can say the explored every inch (or in game miles) of the map. There are places on there that throughout leveling up you are never event sent to.

But yea, after 40s its all instance runs anyway. But that seems to be the new age of MMOs. people pretty much ignore whats been build out there, and stick their noses in caves,
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    Im sure only a VERY small handfull of people can say the explored every inch (or in game miles) of the map. There are places on there that throughout leveling up you are never event sent to.

But yea, after 40s its all instance runs anyway. But that seems to be the new age of MMOs. people pretty much ignore whats been build out there, and stick their noses in caves,

I'm one of those few people b:surrender

Yes though... compared to some other MMORPGs and Single Player ones... PW is incredibly small
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt say very few ppl explored the map, think of the veterans that had to grind to level up q.q

anyways back to your question: there r a few more maps, like hell, heaven, Old heavens tear, Unicorn forrest, Valley of the scarred, Moonshade(tho these maps aint really different and are small)

anyways what will happen in your 40s depends on how you want to play this game. i for myself made an assassin and im trying to lvl him the old way (well i still do my bhs but i also do all the quests and grind). thats no biggie for me im used to lvl the old way
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PWI is HUGE.. i Teleport from south arch to west arch then to north arch.

lol, you too? I mainly just tele between west and south. I was actually gonna start a thread about this a couple days ago but got sidetracked... lol

Most people who leveled past 8x before hypers or BH know the whole map. We actually used to finish all our quests too.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most people who leveled past 8x before hypers or BH know the whole map. We actually used to finish all our quests too.

^ this ^ :D I really notice the difference nowadays: I lvld my archer without oracles or hypers or BHs etc back then, so we did all our quests and tried different mobs to grind on, on ESO's. Thus, exploring the map to find nice grinding spots.
    I made a veno some time back and she's already lvl 70 without doing any quests after lvl 40, cept for my FBs and Culti.. i've been in BH instances only! like.. hurr durr...

(ps. remember when we had trouble getting SP to learn our skills? :P now the trouble isnt the SP, you get looooaaaads, but the ammount of coins u can spend on ur skills xD)
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    is there any list on wiki or something, a list of exactly every instance/Dungeon like, Lunar wing trophy etc...? it would be usefull but yah is there any list? and if not lets all write together in this thread, because there is always something we forget about.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Example of huge ones is when a castle size without the city is almost the same as archosaur and we can go inside lots of buildings.
    Or dungeon is what left from an ancient civilization, which mean can become really huge and the enemy can drastically stronger the more we go deeper. Mean the instances has a story that goes with your lv, as low lv maybe just scout there.
    But as you lv up, the story make you go deeper and know more about the ancient civilization.
    You just described Twilight Temple, minus the story.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    is there any list on wiki or something, a list of exactly every instance/Dungeon like, Lunar wing trophy etc...? it would be usefull but yah is there any list? and if not lets all write together in this thread, because there is always something we forget about.

Dungeons:

fb19 - Elf/Beast/Human/Tideborn
    Secret Passage
    fb29
    fb39
    Godless Valley
    Cube of Fate (+Arena)
    fb51
    fb59
    Twilight Temple
    fb69
    Frost Covered City
    fb79
    Cave of Sadistic Glee
    Lunar Glade
    fb89 Eden
    fb89 Hell
    Warsong
    fb99 Seat
    fb99 Abaddon
    Nirvana Palace

Events:

Daily Horse Race
    Dragon Temple
    Jungle Ruins
    City of Abominations
    Wushu Tournament
    Territory War Battlefield

Maps:

Heaven
    Hell
    Chrono map1 - Old Heaven's Tear
    Chrono map2 - Old Unicorn Forest
    Chrono map3 - Old Valley of Scarred
    Chrono map4 - Old Moonshade Desert

Unavailable:

Sundown Arena (that red thing out in the desert)
    Archosaur Arena
    Monthly/Yearly Horse Race
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know how big the map is, I was bored one day so I measured it. I even measured the Tideborn area when they added that. But I don't think it's matters for most people or no one really cares. b:worried The problem is having too many people in one area. You get a lot of lag when there is like a thousand or more people in west arch. They should move some of the NPC's around to different parts of arch, so everyone aren't all swarming in 1 area. I guess I will have to measure the new area again when the Earthguard is added to the game. b:sad If anyone really wants to know the measurements of the map let me know. Maybe next time I'm super bored I will finish measuring world quest. b:lipcurl
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

-raising hand-

I have... I am curious.

Explored, killed mobs on, been killed by mobs on.. Air/Ocean/Land/Instances.

But then.. one of my favorite activities is to find clusters of lands mobs and buzz them on my aviation - watch them chase and see if i can break them in 1/2 (I score it).

Yes... I have no real life...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You just described Twilight Temple, minus the story.

There is a story in the annals and some of the quest dialogues.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dungeons:

Secret Passage
    fb29
    fb39
    Godless Valley
    Cube of Fate (+Arena) <--both on same map
    fb51
    fb59
    Twilight Temple
    fb69
    Frost Covered City
    fb79
    Cave of Sadistic Glee
    Lunar Glade
    fb89 Eden
    fb89 Hell
    Warsong
    fb99 Seat
    fb99 Abaddon
    Nirvana Palace

Events:

Daily Horse Race
    Dragon Temple
    Jungle Ruins
    City of Abominations
    Wushu Tournament

Maps:

Heaven
    Hell
    Chrono map, which is split in 4 sections it really is all just one map

Unavailable:

Sundown Arena (that red thing out in the desert)<-- Not 100% sure on this one...
    Archosaur Arena It works it's just shutoff b/c then there would be a spot for PvP with no penalties...
    Monthly/Yearly Horse Race<--Not an instance, uses the world map
    /minpostlengthisevil
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Dungeons:

Secret Passage
    fb29
    fb39
    Godless Valley
    Cube of Fate (+Arena)
    fb51
    fb59
    Twilight Temple
    fb69
    Frost Covered City
    fb79
    Cave of Sadistic Glee
    Lunar Glade
    fb89 Eden
    fb89 Hell
    Warsong
    fb99 Seat
    fb99 Abaddon
    Nirvana Palace

Events:

Daily Horse Race
    Dragon Temple
    Jungle Ruins
    City of Abominations
    Wushu Tournament

Maps:

Heaven
    Hell
    Chrono map1 - Old Heaven's Tear
    Chrono map2 - Old Unicorn Forest
    Chrono map3 - Old Valley of Scarred
    Chrono map4 - Old Moonshade Desert

Unavailable:

Sundown Arena (that red thing out in the desert)
    Archosaur Arena
    Monthly/Yearly Horse Race

Nightscream Island

Another closed-off portion of Nirvana used for the Tideborn quest chain....

And there are a few non-working 'portals' on the map that either have no current purpose, were removed or are there for future use.

North Barrier
    Land of Buried Bones

A few others that I can't think of atm...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ooh, where do you think they will place the Earthguard areas? I think it should be West of Lost and Plume..seems the most likely to me. And erm..

I'm getting confused with the Earthguards; I know there not out yet but umm..
    Are they Earth element or Wood elements? (I mean in the way that Archer/Cleric are Metal, Veno/Barb Wood ect.)

or maybe both..

Aaanyway, I found it extremely annoying to navigate pre-fly/mount levels. Took aaaages to run from one town to another (as a Wiz; no sprint D:)

I do quest, but only after I've done BH/CS for the day. I like questing cause it gives you Coins/Drops/Rep (grindquesting) and quite a lot of Spirit too, but the quest rewards aren't that great, really, for the time it takes to do them compared to BH/CS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and g trophy mode u can do, cant think of anything more lmao, well yah then theres that thing, i dont remember what its called, that thing u save fragments to get stamina, powert etc meterials to make oht gears. Then there is RB gamma, delta

What else is there to do? anything anyone can come up with?
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and g trophy mode u can do, cant think of anything more lmao, well yah then theres that thing, i dont remember what its called, that thing u save fragments to get stamina, powert etc meterials to make oht gears. Then there is RB gamma, delta

What else is there to do? anything anyone can come up with?

Old frost was fun... Old Lunar was god awful long but it was fun...

WTB> Old Frost and Old Lunar
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ooh, where do you think they will place the Earthguard areas? I think it should be West of Lost and Plume..seems the most likely to me. And erm..

I'm getting confused with the Earthguards; I know there not out yet but umm..
    Are they Earth element or Wood elements? (I mean in the way that Archer/Cleric are Metal, Veno/Barb Wood ect.)

or maybe both..

Aaanyway, I found it extremely annoying to navigate pre-fly/mount levels. Took aaaages to run from one town to another (as a Wiz; no sprint D:)

I do quest, but only after I've done BH/CS for the day. I like questing cause it gives you Coins/Drops/Rep (grindquesting) and quite a lot of Spirit too, but the quest rewards aren't that great, really, for the time it takes to do them compared to BH/CS.

I'm sure they will just stick the Earthguard's home south of Plume and west of the Tideborn area. Where do you think the Tideborn area should have been place? I was thinking at first they would put them in the Endless Sea east of Widow's Coast and Nameless Isle. That would have been a good spot from them, and there are very few mobs in the way so they could swim to Emerald Dragon Gulf and into Archosaur.
    And I think their whole area should have been all underwater, that would be cool. b:chuckle
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm sure they will just stick the Earthguard's home south of Plume and west of the Tideborn area. Where do you think the Tideborn area should have been place? I was thinking at first they would put them in the Endless Sea east of Widow's Coast and Nameless Isle. That would have been a good spot from them, and there are very few mobs in the way so they could swim to Emerald Dragon Gulf and into Archosaur.
    And I think their whole area should have been all underwater, that would be cool. b:chuckle

I originally thought the tideborn city would be underwater with all the original concept art, and the noob areas etc...

That wouldve been very nice...
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    someone posted links to the new map locations in the genesis update thread today.. bottom left of map below plume etc http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11167792&postcount=846
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!