Flying mobs in instance, any advice?

Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
Me and friends were doing RB runs today. we were doing really good until flying mobs shown up. I had a real hard time trying to pull all of them, I can pull 1 to 4 easily.

The problem is they come in bunches then the cleric gets heal aggro-ed (she was not behind wiz) then the wiz die because of 15+ mobs still up in the air, and very difficult to aggro them that way. They died because I did not soak hits for them D:. went far without no interruptions. How am I supposed to get like 20 of them I tried staying in front lines and pull but they run.

I was really miffed when this happened. (was me as barb, there was cleric, wiz, bm, and 2 venoes... Would archer help pull the flying mobs or am I doing it wrong??)

We will try another alpha run next week with some feedback.

Oh, BTW... thanks in advance b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Me and friends were doing RB runs today. we were doing really good until flying mobs shown up. I had a real hard time trying to pull all of them, I can pull 1 to 4 easily.

The problem is they come in bunches then the cleric gets heal aggro-ed (she was not behind wiz) then the wiz die because of 15+ mobs still up in the air, and very difficult to aggro them that way. They died because I did not soak hits for them D:. went far without no interruptions. How am I supposed to get like 20 of them I tried staying in front lines and pull but they run.

I was really miffed when this happened. (was me as barb, there was cleric, wiz, bm, and 2 venoes... Would archer help pull the flying mobs or am I doing it wrong??)

We will try another alpha run next week with some feedback.

Oh, BTW... thanks in advance b:thanks

Why the hell would you bring 2 veno's instead of 2 zhenners? And if your not getting a second wizzy (only option for 2nd zhenner at that lvl), atleast get a psy or sin for the bonus beans. Archers in alpha is even more useles than a veno, no AoE's and digs slower than veno. Have your spare ranged DD's pick of the flyers 1 by 1

And no, if the flyingers kited like harpy's in FC, no way for a Bm to hold aggro on them (why you even pulling as Bm instead of having the barb pull?) So the ranged DD's are bound to have aggro

BTW there is an alpha specific guide on the forums. Setup is 2 wiz, 2 clerics, and 2 barbs (but I gues you won't want that advise as a BM)
    EDIT: how the hell was 1 cleric doing any good for you? They don't have BB yet at alpha range
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Why the hell would you bring 2 veno's instead of 2 zhenners? And if your not getting a second wizzy (only option for 2nd zhenner at that lvl), atleast get a psy or sin for the bonus beans. Archers in alpha is even more useles than a veno, no AoE's and digs slower than veno. Have your spare ranged DD's pick of the flyers 1 by 1

And no, if the flyingers kited like harpy's in FC, no way for a Bm to hold aggro on them (why you even pulling as Bm instead of having the barb pull?) So the ranged DD's are bound to have aggro

BTW there is an alpha specific guide on the forums. Setup is 2 wiz, 2 clerics, and 2 barbs (but I gues you won't want that advise as a BM)
    EDIT: how the hell was 1 cleric doing any good for you? They don't have BB yet at alpha range

1. No choice, also the venoes that I did squad with did very fluently, they helped wiz get chi, pet saving the wiz and clerics. passed though 5th boss (ALMOST there) also helping with the AOEs really cool. They did a good role and there was not much beans anyway. Veno is far from useless, infact my daughter (that played veno) was the reason why we all got far.

2. The wiz is squishy :x which makes it difficult. i guess they should use protection pot before DB and then tank them for a while... but cooldown seems long.

3. yeah set up guide. Set up squad helped from duke atticus, we killed pretty fast. and done fine....

4: I have like 6.7k hp and 14k p.def fully buffed on barb. Problem was m.def... So I have to use m.def apoth to make it up, which worked. The cleric did really fine though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    1. No choice, also the venoes that I did squad with did very fluently, they helped wiz get chi, pet saving the wiz and clerics. passed though 5th boss (ALMOST there) also helping with the AOEs really cool. They did a good role and there was not much beans anyway. Veno is far from useless, infact my daughter (that played veno) was the reason why we all got far.

2. The wiz is squishy :x which makes it difficult. i guess they should use protection pot before DB and then tank them for a while... but cooldown seems long.

3. yeah set up guide. Set up squad helped from duke atticus, we killed pretty fast. and done fine....

4: I have like 6.7k hp and 14k p.def fully buffed on barb. Problem was m.def... So I have to use m.def apoth to make it up, which worked. The cleric did really fine though.

You always have a choise, and the single AoE a veno below 59 is as NO substide for a zhen. Nomather how strong the veno is

If there are not much beans there is no reason at all to get 2 veno's instead of an extra zhenner. If the mobs die faster, you will take less dmg
    Also why would the wiz even need chi? Once you enter DB there is more usage anymore, and the aura will make up for the mp costs.

Wizzys are not that squishy. Good phys def/hp shards and stone shield gives them more def than LA's (or just get LA wizzy)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    You always have a choise, and the single AoE a veno below 59 is as NO substide for a zhen. Nomather how strong the veno is

If there are not much beans there is no reason at all to get 2 veno's instead of an extra zhenner. If the mobs die faster, you will take less dmg
    Also why would the wiz even need chi? Once you enter DB there is more usage anymore, and the aura will make up for the mp costs.

Wizzys are not that squishy. Good phys def/hp shards and stone shield gives them more def than LA's (or just get LA wizzy)

If I had a choice, I would of had rainbow squads easier. Either that or another wiz. Most people do not do rebirth alpha, which takes almost forever to get a squad. So I know below 59 is pointless to look for the perfect squad, just the key classes most important and others.

I do agree with you here, again, if I had another wiz, would work. You cannot use apoth during dragons breath, which is why wiz had to get spark over and over. apoth to save themselves. damage reduction really helps.

Not saying all wiz squishy, but the all I squad before with was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG