Sir. Archer... [Petition]

Comments

• Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And just FYI, my friend's alt BM has +9 claws. I have +6 claws. I have higher aggro on a boss. And yes, I'm pure dex and have to wear crappy rings to even equip those claws. I still prefer to use my bow, but can't deny that it's easier to get into runs with 5.0 aps than 0.91 aps, and the runs end faster too.

thats coz archers do more dmg than bms with fists, due to the fire buff and much higher crit rate
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Q:5.0什么的讲两句
    A:这是游戏发展到某个阶段所要面临的具有偶然性的问题,这个问题会通过后续的版本开发逐步使其影响变弱, 继而变得不尖锐,这个后续版本也许是明年的大型资料片,目前正在考量各职业的持续成长方向及成长后的主要玩 法。我想说的是,我们经历过很多阶段性的偶然问题,比如武器模型雷同、凤凰传奇、妖精抓蛋、****,我们 跟很多老玩家一起经历了这些,但这些到最后都成了过眼云烟,我们还在这里。说到底,每个历史时期总会有主要 矛盾,随着发展,主要矛盾会淡化直至消失,而留下的人就是变革的见证者。(这话讲得好烂)换种说法,我们会 寻求不激烈不肉疼的方式淡化这个问题,只是还需要一些时间,让尽可能多的人不感到疼。(能理解的明白我说什 么,不能理解的且随意理解)

First point is that the 5.0aps issue was not an intended development (happened by "chance") This issue will be slowly nerfed but not for the coming expansion, maybe the next major expansion during next year. However, the 'nerf' will not be too great. At the moment their emphasis is on character growth and end game play styles of each class

So long 5.0 !

Urgh, can you actually read that or are you just copy-pasting it?

The big expansions generaly come yearly... so by 2012 5.0 MIGHT be somehow changed. But my friend said they were talking more about balancing classes & she got the feeling of smth else more OP will be added that will make 5.0 forgoten...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mhm something more OP ?
    Like the seeker shooting 1hit great balls of fire from his crack ?
    the mystic being able to perma sleep an opponent with constant yammering and lullabies ? :D

Oh wait no, we get an add-on or another blessing that makes the other races insta-cast with a new added age old glitch where we just stand there poking lint outta our nose while the mobs spazgasm and eventually dies !

Seriously people... -.- speculation and using poorly translated information to back up you suspicions isn't making it a fact NOR does it pry a GM to post a reply with ACTUAL facts and information...
    we'll only know for sure when the actual release date + official announcement has been made.

now take a chillpill, log in and go be uber in game... sheesh.

/wishesthesethreadswoulddissapear-.-andmakeroomforactualusefuldebates
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think we are totally forgetting what it's all about: having fun!

I for one, don't have the coins (nor the time to farm for serious coins) to go 5aps or anything close. So all them squads in WC: 'Looking for a 3,33+ APS DD' are out of my league, but that's not bothering me one bit. Cause I have ingame friends who like me the way I'm geared and how I am as a player. I know how to play my class (and several other classes, but that's besides the point) and I have fun doing it. I don't need those uberly geared squads to farm nirvana in a rapid pace, I just want to have fun with my friends. Even if nirvana takes an hour+ then, we are enjoying it for the sake of playing together: we're not only farming for (even more) uber gear.

So all I want to say, have fun, enjoy playing your class with whichever gear you have and enjoy playing with your (ingame) friends.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think we are totally forgetting what it's all about: having fun!

I for one, don't have the coins (nor the time to farm for serious coins) to go 5aps or anything close. So all them squads in WC: 'Looking for a 3,33+ APS DD' are out of my league, but that's not bothering me one bit. Cause I have ingame friends who like me the way I'm geared and how I am as a player. I know how to play my class (and several other classes, but that's besides the point) and I have fun doing it. I don't need those uberly geared squads to farm nirvana in a rapid pace, I just want to have fun with my friends. Even if nirvana takes an hour+ then, we are enjoying it for the sake of playing together: we're not only farming for (even more) uber gear.

So all I want to say, have fun, enjoy playing your class with whichever gear you have and enjoy playing with your (ingame) friends.

Gotta agree with that ^
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    5 aps users don't get the idea that perhaps this "unintentional error" is ruining cleric game play, much like it is for several other classes.

IMO they could keep the 5 aps in game, just implement it where it fits the class roles.

IE
    Archer, being a bow user, only damage maximizes from ranged attacks. If they get close then they lose damage. results? if they get agro the mob will run close to them, making their ranged damage worthless (no matter what wep they use). they would be forced to use agro control.

Sins, being the sneaky lil devils sins are designed to be, their max damage could be from behind the mob only. and for every level higher than the sin the mob is, a % less damage done from frontal attacks (so they can still solo attack some mobs for questing)
    Results are, they get agro from boss, they would prob be doing nothing but tickling the bosses toes. So they too would have to practice aggro control.

BM, keeping the 5 APS, instead of it being a consistent thing, it could come in spurts, with a pause or cool down phase in the natural melee action. results would mitigate the damage output per second allowing the barb to retain skilled agro.

Like it was said, it boils down to aggro control, and while it is left up to the players to make that decision, it won't happen. IMO its an exploit, and ruins all class definitions. Its up to PWE to make the fixes, which they don't plan on doing anytime soon. Namely because it IS an exploit people of mass numbers are willing to buy with them dollars.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hi Majesta b:bye
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    Alkaia - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Seriously people... -.- speculation and using poorly translated information to back up you suspicions isn't making it a fact NOR does it pry a GM to post a reply with ACTUAL facts and information...
    we'll only know for sure when the actual release date + official announcement has been made.

Well the truth is that every ****y update that goes into the other version, they make here.
    Maybe they do it for people to move on FW or whatever.

But in this case its not exacly the same. Like nix's bleed. They wont take it off cause people will continue to cash shop for that. (No not because you already paid for it)

So in my opinion, they wont take it off. PWE make games for money and money only, not for the players.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Sir. Cleric,

Please stop asking for 5.0 aps only for nirvana squads and get wizzies in there too

Thank you.

^ This

Also LOL at fist clawchers again, this is why I would kick fist archers if they have no bow. b:laugh

Stupid archers are stupid

thats coz archers do more dmg than bms with fists, due to the fire buff and much higher crit rate

ROFL what? HAHAHAHA!!! Either BM forgot fist mastery and underleveled with lack of STR, then maybe

You are an idiot, seriously, this is why clawchers fail.

Skill
    Blazing Arrow Level 10
    Mana 229.5
    Channel 3.0 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Adds 40% of weapon attack in Fire damage
    to regular arrows for 10 minutes.

MEANING bow only. Come again, more crit means nothing too. Like BMs cannot get crit. I bet a lvl50 BM (with any weapon) have better DPS than a lvl 60 fist archer from normal attacks.... Again, BMs have that from ulti and ofc fire only works on metal enemies / increased DEF... Sheesh...

Thanks for the laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • _iLisa_ - Lost City
    _iLisa_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^ This

Also LOL at fist clawchers again, this is why I would kick fist archers if they have no bow. b:laugh

Stupid archers are stupid

ROFL what? HAHAHAHA!!! Either BM forgot fist mastery and underleveled with lack of STR, then maybe

You are an idiot, seriously, this is why clawchers fail.

Skill
    Blazing Arrow Level 10
    Mana 229.5
    Channel 3.0 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Adds 40% of weapon attack in Fire damage
    to regular arrows for 10 minutes.

MEANING bow only. Come again, more crit means nothing too. Like BMs cannot get crit. I bet a lvl50 BM (with any weapon) have better DPS than a lvl 60 fist archer from normal attacks.... Again, BMs have that from ulti and ofc fire only works on metal enemies / increased DEF... Sheesh...

Thanks for the laugh

troll'ed b:laughb:laughb:laugh its funny when ppl take u seriously and make a huge post to prove u wrong
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    troll'ed b:laughb:laughb:laugh its funny when ppl take u seriously and make a huge post to prove u wrong

Try to prove me wrong. As I recall, it only effects on arrows. Fists uses arrows?? Okay then. What uses arrows? Slingshots? Bows? xbows? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Try to prove me wrong. As I recall, it only effects on arrows. Fists uses arrows?? Okay then. What uses arrows? Slingshots? Bows? xbows? b:bye

It was proved a long time ago that it works on all attacks that use a weapon. You know, using the buff, attacking a fire immune boss and having someone in your squad tell whether it says "resist" or not. If it does, that means the attack gets the fire damage, if not then it doesn't. This was used to find out that fists and claws get the bonus and barehanded does not. From there, a generalized conlusion was that the buff is based on having any weapon equipped.

And said testing was done by the same guys who have written pages of math on the archer forums.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

You're an idiot. You prove that over and over again... time after time. You should be embarrassed of yourself, but of course, you're too stupid to realize it. Ignorance is bliss.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    It was proved a long time ago that it works on all attacks that use a weapon. You know, using the buff, attacking a fire immune boss and having someone in your squad tell whether it says "resist" or not. If it does, that means the attack gets the fire damage, if not then it doesn't. This was used to find out that fists and claws get the bonus and barehanded does not. From there, a generalized conlusion was that the buff is based on having any weapon equipped.

And said testing was done by the same guys who have written pages of math on the archer forums.

I can look it up I guess. Unless the skill description is leading. Fire arrow is useful sometimes yeah... I will play again first XD need to lvl my bm.
    You're an idiot. You prove that over and over again... time after time. You should be embarrassed of yourself, but of course, you're too stupid to realize it. Ignorance is bliss.

b:bye

You are a bigger idiot to respond to something very logical (skill description wise) even though it might be a misleading skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited November 2010
    You are a bigger idiot to respond to something very logical (skill description wise) even though it might be a misleading skill.

You're wrong again and nothing you say matters. b:bye
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    You're wrong again and nothing you say matters. b:bye

Yeah, nothing I say matters cause I am a level 6 psy on LC... I guess I should follow your footsteps and oracle and get almost 7k posts like you... You are right Mr.heavycashopper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited November 2010
    Yeah, nothing I say matters cause I am a level 6 psy on LC... I guess I should follow your footsteps and oracle and get almost 7k posts like you... You are right Mr.heavycashopper

You're wrong and you're a laughing stock. I guess you must be used to people pointing their fingers and laughing at you. Do you hear voices in your head? lol
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Hi Tojop b:bye :D
    howvya been :P good to cya here ^^
    and now ingame D:< havent seen u for a while there, or i've been on when u weren't :P
    >.<
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    You're wrong and you're a laughing stock. I guess you must be used to people pointing their fingers and laughing at you. Do you hear voices in your head? lol

Oracle nub is fail. You are the real laughing stock here. My friends know I play well and others that squad with me ignoring my LVL, I also tanked TT1.2. I got the VID right here if you do not believe me. 99 demon BM cannot keep aggro, he was in faction. faction TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited November 2010
    Oracle nub is fail. You are the real laughing stock here. My friends know I play well and others that squad with me ignoring my LVL, I also tanked TT1.2. I got the VID right here if you do not believe me. 99 demon BM cannot keep aggro, he was in faction. faction TT.

Everybody is still laughing at you. b:chuckle
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    Michael an oracle nub o.o? lol from my forum lurkin I can safely say.. -no- we were here from before the time we had oracles or them hypers. we went crazy on eso's and zhenning. and lvl 70 was high lvl back then.. no BHs implemented yet. or MQ.. grinding babey!
    >.<
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Michael an oracle nub o.o? lol from my forum lurkin I can safely say.. -no- we were here from before the time we had oracles or them hypers. we went crazy on eso's and zhenning. and lvl 70 was high lvl back then.. no BHs implemented yet. or MQ.. grinding babey!

CoF ftw since lvl 41.. Grindin is yucky XD
    Zhenning was boring XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so has anyone actually signed the petition yet....
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Also, wiz be OP with hailstorm

Sorry man, this discredits anything you have and will ever say.

-self snip-
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Sorry man, this discredits anything you have and will ever say.

-self snip-

Fail wizards underestimating immobilize? Lol, ok, TB > arcane because you dumb wizards do not use hailstorm or pitfall in pvp.

@Michael you are a joke, that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This is not a stupidity contest, nor a "who is the cash shopper here" kind of thread, so stop changing the topic b:angry

Talk about archers.

Just 2 hrs ago, I was invited into a squad for nirvana, and guess what.

2 Barbs, 3 Archers, 1 cleric.

Did archers die?, yes.
    Did I laugh?, yes, because I kept ressing them and died in less than 10 seconds.
    Were they usefull with their claws?, no. I could of healed the tank and help DD instead of wasting my time ressing + healing + buffing the d@m... clawarchers.

Then one of the clawarchers had the bright idea of taking out his bow.
    Did he die again?, no.
    Was he helpfull DDing?, yes.

There it is.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    This is not a stupidity contest, nor a "who is the cash shopper here" kind of thread, so stop changing the topic b:angry

Talk about archers.

Just 2 hrs ago, I was invited into a squad for nirvana, and guess what.

2 Barbs, 3 Archers, 1 cleric.

Did archers die?, yes.
    Did I laugh?, yes, because I kept ressing them and died in less than 10 seconds.
    Were they usefull with their claws?, no. I could of healed the tank and help DD instead of wasting my time ressing + healing + buffing the d@m... clawarchers.

Then one of the clawarchers had the bright idea of taking out his bow.
    Did he die again?, no.
    Was he helpfull DDing?, yes.

There it is.

All three of them? Serious?

If the clawcher is not a heavy cash shopper, this happens. Barbs too (I will not lie, I like fist on barb, but game mechanics are not making it useful for them... also less likely, because they still have high hp), they should roll BM instead.

Arcane (no magic instruments) archers are better to squad with than fist archer because they are a RANGED class... barbs other way around since they are melee with the best HP than everyone else, still, their damage will be terrible and might as well use axes for damage.

Again, they have their own weapon, they should USE it. Not BMs weapon unless you want to spend $250+ USD.

You can max attack levels, p.atk for axe on archer too.... (No ideas please)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to end this thread...

Wiz FTW! Sage Hailstorm is <3

Take a wiz on your FF runs not an archer, sin or psy... us good ones know how to stay alive.

Archer use bow/sling/xbow.. nothing else do just do it and you wouldn't have people like the OP start threads like this and it also saves you money which you could use to refine gear anyway! I would rather be a well geared & refined bow archer which attacks slower than everyone else than a 5.0 with poor equips.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -Stupidity-

Please uninstall your web browser.b:cute
    On indefinite hiatus :3
    edited November 2010
    @Michael you are a joke, that is all.

The only one being laughed at is you. b:bye