Too many bosses

Shasynn - Heavens Tear
Shasynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
This game is very, very nice. Graphic is perfect and landscape are wonderful. My compliments b:victory

..but...but...

....Too many boss monsters to kill!!!b:shocked

You need to complete 2-3 (sametimes 4) boss-quest for each level.

And to do that you always need help from high level caracters (I tryed to kill a boss join a low level party but it's impossible b:surrender).

It's a mortification to ask each time for help, disturbing sameone to complete my own quest.

I think this is a nonsense....What's the amusement to see a high level player killing a boss for you, wile you can't do nothing?...Sametimes It's also dangerous to shot ranging to the boss while a hig-level caracter tank it...
...It's mortifying...b:cry

I'd prefer to combact myself monsters, without need always assietence by caracters level 90 or more.

Bye Mary
Post edited by Shasynn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You don't need high level characters to finish quests with bosses. All you really need is a barb and cleric around the same level.

But if you get help from high level characters, just appreciate it, because some out there are not always willing to help lowbies.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You can skip most of the bosses quests, they not required to progress, but if you really want to kill it, ist possible with boss level parties, you just need skilled players and right classes in your party. eg. barb to tank, sometimes 2 clerics 2 heal etc, for other bosses is better if cleric or mage tank and cleric will heal from outside of aoe. I agree some bosses can be difficult but thats challenge which is always good ;p.

and 50+ is **** bosswise, not getting many after 70
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, barb and cleric is all you need to tank most bosses. Krimson and Jewel are kind of exceptions, but you can skip them.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Most of the bosses can be soloed pretty easily with a single character of roughly the same level as the boss. A bunch more are fairly easy if you have a same-level cleric there to heal. Others require a party of 3-4 same-level characters to safely kill them.

That leaves only a very few (Jewelscalen, maybe Eyes of Krimson...) that are a legitimate challenge to a same-level party, and even those are optional quests.

If you don't want to use help, but you still want to kill them, just leave the quests until you're maybe ~10 levels higher. For example, Mantavip (I can't remember his new name) is supposedly untankable for Barbs, so I left him alone thinking it best to trust public opinion on the matter. 10 levels later I decided to see how tough he was and had no trouble soloing him and his Dragon of the Depths cohorts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Shasynn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    You don't need high level characters to finish quests with bosses. All you really need is a barb and cleric around the same level.

The matter change only a bit....You had ever to ask for help and you had ever to disturb sameone...And none low level caracter whant to risk to die for you!

...I repeat...In my modest opinion game should be nice always having some boss less.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hmm do i scare this person or do i comfort? ok will do both

Well you can skip boss quests at your level and proceed if you dont want to ask for help.

However at higher lvls, your important cultivation quest (the one that lets you learn new skills) demands you to kill even tougher bosses than jewelscalen, nightspike bloodguard, eyes of krimson beyond, etc.

So yea there are somethings you can solo and for some you have no other choice other than to ask for help. Get used to it, since this a MMO and at times you will need help from others.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    realize its not hard at all to kill a boss.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You could look for someone who also need same boss, thats great way to make new friends, and do quests later together. Can try ask on guild, use world chat maybe, or just answer if someone else looking for same boss.

This game require cooperation and you can do almost nothing alone at higher lvl so better make some friends now.

And if your toon is cute enough you should have no problem finding help anyways. b:cute
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Firstly these bosses meant for doing with squads, promoting group play in mmos. Most average faction can you help out, or peoples likes to help with these quest, just ask around.

Bosses usually have some rewards (not the best, but better, than you got nothing). And in my opinion, when servers was launched bosses was killed in proper level range of groups, just sometimes takes time to do it anyways.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only kind of quests in which you actually need help from higher lvls are Final Battles, and some other quests which aren't actually needed to do asap, you can let them for when you're a high lvl yourself, if you want to (me, I apreciate when a high lvl helps me doing them asap). Then most of bosses you're asked to kill, you can do it with a squad of your lvl, just need a barb and a cleric or 2, or maybe if the boss deald magic dmg, U need a wizz or any magic class to tank it. Of course you also need your squad mates and you to know how to play your classes. About the Final Battles, it's usually not hard to find high lvls to help there, cuz it gives them a reward too, so thei're usually happy to help.

I wouldn't complain about this, I find it good as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I wouldn't mind the bosses if people actually bothered to do them. Even as a cleric its impossible to find a barb your level that wants to try doing the boss when they can just ask for a high level to solo it. No one wants to risk exp loss which is crazy.
    Also soloing is hardly an option, at least for most classes. Just got wraith's ploy quest and altough I realized I can solo the bosses it would take like half an hour +million mp pots because they have like 3mil hp.

imo they should tweak quest bosses so you NEED to do them with people in your level range to actually encourage partying and not just whining high levels for help.
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This game is very, very nice. Graphic is perfect and landscape are wonderful. My compliments b:victory

..but...but...

And to do that you always need help from high level caracters (I tryed to kill a boss join a low level party but it's impossible b:surrender).

It's a mortification to ask each time for help, disturbing sameone to complete my own quest.

I think this is a nonsense....What's the amusement to see a high level player killing a boss for you, wile you can't do nothing?...Sametimes It's also dangerous to shot ranging to the boss while a hig-level caracter tank it...

I'd prefer to combact myself monsters, without need always assietence by caracters level 90 or more.

Bye Mary

Why remove something thats optional, makes no sense to me O_O You dont "need" to kill that many bosses at all. Majority of boss quests can be skipped, beside a few you need for your cultivation.

The ones you need for culti are not hard anyway, they can pretty much always be done with a few people on your own level, besides maybe Rattus Lord and Fugma - those might need tank that can take a few hits. But its only about 8-9 mini bosses between lvl 25-60 (not counting FBs), that you must complete to be able to get new skills and such.

All the other bosses are kinda pointless and waste of time, unless you can just join a party thats already doing them. The exp and reward is often a joke compared with the time invested trying to get a party.

Its like in all mmorpg games, you dont have to do all the quests that pops up unless you enjoy it. Bishing about to many optional bosses is kinda silly.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    People usued to get these done regularly... before BH. Now there isn't much need. Most people opt to not do them.

I always wanted more instances and more bosses to have to kill... I think PWI messed up with this one. I would have preferred that each level would have required you to kill some boss or perform a specific quest before you actually were able to level, but that's just me. I liked the way the game used to be. Not the BH/Hyper/Frost type leveling we have now. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The matter change only a bit....You had ever to ask for help and you had ever to disturb sameone...And none low level caracter whant to risk to die for you!

...I repeat...In my modest opinion game should be nice always having some boss less.

For Christ's sake!!! It's an MMO!!!!! Go and play chess by yourself!!!
    People usued to get these done regularly... before BH. Now there isn't much need. Most people opt to not do them.

I always wanted more instances and more bosses to have to kill... I think PWI messed up with this one. I would have preferred that each level would have required you to kill some boss or perform a specific quest before you actually were able to level, but that's just me. I liked the way the game used to be. Not the BH/Hyper/Frost type leveling we have now. b:surrender

I like the idea of doing certain quests in order to lvl... interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    imo they should tweak quest bosses so you NEED to do them with people in your level range to actually encourage partying and not just whining high levels for help.

it's an idea, but i'm not sure i'm on board with it. for me at least, it would force me to look for random parties for most of my bosses; the majority of my faction is way above me in levels, or else are alts of those high-levels that are even lower leveled than me. (with only few exceptions.) and i'm certainly not switching factions over boss quests, i like these guys way too much.

...that said, i already got jewelscalen and suzerix done with randoms, just because it was convenient at the time... i'll usually not turn down a ready-made squad that's right there simply because i don't know them, or because they're not wearing the same logo i am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The thing most people fail to realize is you don't "need" bosses at all besides the occasional cultivation boss. All the rest usually give mediocre coin/exp rewards and random average weapons. Some people seem absolutely determined to finish every single last quest on their list, when half of them aren't even nearly worth the time or effort and not completing them makes no difference to your game.

Look at a boss as an extra challenge. They ARE designed (mostly lol) to be beaten with a same level squad of barb/cleric/dd's. Only most low levels have become far too used to being babied.

The one thing bosses actually do is force a player to cooperate with others. I've played other games with no quests/bosses and faction chats are almost completely dead 24/7. Going on a bosshunt or finding squads to kill bosses helps get players to interact and makes the game that bit more social.
  • Shasynn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    For Christ's sake!!! It's an MMO!!!!! Go and play chess by yourself!!!

A perfect un-educate answer by an un-educate person!!!!
    ...this is the kind of answer that make me angry...I only express an opinion and I not tolerate to be insulted!!!!!

I have played in a lot of MMORPG and ONLY in this I find so many difficult bosses IMPOSSIBLE to kill at the level you are.

Bosses with 500.000 HP while you have 3000 HP

Bosses that instantly kill you with a simply aoe that you cannot avoid even if you are shooting ranged.

What's the sense of quests that a player cannot complete by itself or whith a party at the same level??????

What's the sense of standing to watch a hig level player killing a boss for you, while you cannot even approach the mob?????

I'm here to play myself...not to continuously disturb people to have help for my playing.

Today I expect 1 hour with the message "searching for a squad" upon the head to be able to kill a boss and complete a quest!!!!!

I can understand that high level player escape to help low level player to kill bosses...because simply they probably are tired to do that.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only kind of quests in which you actually need help from higher lvls are Final Battles
    "Final Battles?" XD FB means "fu ben," dude. Chinese for dungeon. :P Although the creative new term is nice, I guess.

To the OP: just do your kill quests, Crazy Stone, and grinding until you hit lv60. Once you hit 60, THEN you should start doing Bounty Hunter. BH51 squads are generally at least somewhat more competent on their own and having a high-level person present becomes much rarer. When you hit the 70s and 80s, this problem will become nonexistant as you, arguably, become "high-level" yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Bosses that instantly kill you with a simply aoe that you cannot avoid even if you are shooting ranged.

What's the sense of quests that a player cannot complete by itself or whith a party at the same level??????

Please list out here name of the Bosses that always kills you in long range AoE shot.
    I'd really like to see the name of the Bosses that always kill you in AoE 1 shot.
    I'm here to play myself...not to continuously disturb people to have help for my playing.

Then dont ask for help? It's not like not finishing that Boss Quest will make you die anyway.
    I know several ppl only do Culti Quest and not bothered with any other Quest at all.

---
    Boss Quests are meant to finished in a Party, if you and your Party is not strong enough, then gain some level 1st.
    Just bcos you got Boss Quest at Lv.50 doesnt mean you have to finished it at Lv.50 also. Doh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    I only express an opinion and I not tolerate to be insulted!!!!!

welcome to the internet. grow a thicker skin, or consider taking up chess instead. correspondence chess.
    I have played in a lot of MMORPG and ONLY in this I find so many difficult bosses IMPOSSIBLE to kill at the level you are.

hm... how many, really? could you name a few?

certainly many bosses are essentially impossible to kill ALONE. that is by design; it's trying to force you to learn teamplay and discover how cooperative, in-squad play differs from soloing. and certainly, many of those can be very, very challenging to kill even with a squad at-level, to the point where they're USUALLY done with high-level helpers for convenience's sake and to save much time and aggravation. (trying to do an FB19 with a squad of level 19-25 people... is doable, but would take a LONG time and involve much dying. it could easily be horrendously frustrating. but i'd give a very great deal to be part of such a squad, just once, because it might also be enormously fun!)

that said, i can't really think of that many bosses that are flat out impossible to do at-level, even with a squad. jewelscalen; krimson; maybe suzerix. probably several more in the levels i have not yet played myself. still, that's not very many over as many levels of gameplay as this game offers.

that only means you'll be there beating on 'im for a while. so? get a cleric to keep you alive... and maybe a DD or a tank to help whittle down all those HP's and manage aggro. teamplay.

you may need to look into what your defenses are like, and what buffs you have applied. or whether the AOE can be seen being telegraphed ahead of time, such that you might prepare for it.

teamplay is not always for the sole benefit of the team former; sometimes it is for the benefit of that person's helpers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited November 2010
    Please list out here name of the Bosses that always kills you in long range AoE shot.
    I'd really like to see the name of the Bosses that always kill you in AoE 1 shot.

he's level 56, so i'm thinking krimson. that thing two-shot me, even in fox form, when i stupidly tried to amp it.

that said, i was able to throw magic attacks at it from max range, without getting AoE'd; and i'm pretty sure a 56 archer's supposed to have more range than a 56 veno's ironwood scarab.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    he's level 56, so i'm thinking krimson. that thing two-shot me, even in fox form, when i stupidly tried to amp it.

that said, i was able to throw magic attacks at it from max range, without getting AoE'd; and i'm pretty sure a 56 archer's supposed to have more range than a 56 veno's ironwood scarab.

I was hoping she is the one who answer that, so I can replied back with quotes before some bosses like Crimson you have to wait until high level o___o

And if thats the only answer she gave, lol, Boss(es)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChopChop - Raging Tide
    ChopChop - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Maybe there also mistaking ranged for AOE like ratface and kong ? .

Just a thought.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A perfect un-educated answer by an un-educated person!!!!
    ...this is the kind of answer that makes me angry...I only express an opinion and I do not tolerate to be insulted!!!!!

What's the sense of quests that a player cannot complete by itself or with a party at the same level??????

What's the sense of standing to watch a high level player killing a boss for you, while you cannot even approach the mob?????

Today I expect 1 hour with the message "searching for a squad" upon the head to be able to kill a boss and complete a quest!!!!!

I can understand that high level player escape to help low level player to kill bosses...because simply they probably are tired to do that.

corrections in greenb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle (only the first and major ones, I got tired of it as I moved forward)

You express your opinion and so do I.b:victory

I do not feel like repeating what others said, just re - read what more experienced people had to say.

/kthxbai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I didn't know the question required rocket science.
  • Shasynn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010

You express your opinion and so do I.b:victory
    /kthxbai

There's a little difference....

I express an opinion about the game and I don't injured anybody (That's possible to do...or not?)

You express an opinion about ME!!!!...You know ME?...Are you able tu express an opinion about ME?

EXCUSE me for my mistakes...I'm an italian girl and I don't think you know my language as well I know yours...So I try to speak your language.

Elsewhere if you prefer I speak Italian, that's quite simplest for me.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010

..but...but...

Bye Mary

That is what the gain makes it fun if you do not rush to lvl. Hit me up on my barb or bm and there is cleric around. With veno. Not always active (mostly on weekends), hit me up on my bm (Not this one XD, I use this char on forums) and barb. Will be happy to support =].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye