Cash sop

seyeko
seyeko Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Imbalanced and give huge advantage to cash players?
Post edited by seyeko on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Huge advantage to non cash players?

Hell no, it gives a huge advantage to cash shoppers obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seyeko
    edited November 2010
    Lol oops...
    Yeah that was what I meant..
    Is it huge advantage to cash shop players?
    Making them op and freaking strong...?
    edited November 2010
    seyeko wrote: »
    Lol oops...
    Yeah that was what I meant..
    Is it huge advantage to cash shop players?
    Making them op and freaking strong...?

Yep.

The cash shop gives:

1.Absurd amounts of money if you sell cash shop currency/items.

2.Endgame equipment from packs (with very low chances, but still).

Now Perfect World Entertainment's excuse there would be that nothing is cash shop exclusive.
    You can grind for anything ingame and buy cash shop items from other players.

The only problem is that prices are nearing 900k-1million coins for 1 gold (1 USD), so you could be grinding passionately for 2 years and some newbie can get the same amount of coins in one go by paying not even that much money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    QQmore please.

spend 70% of the time you spend in-game on an actual job and buy gold.

coin to effort ratio is better then.

end of discussion b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
    edited November 2010
    QQmore please.

spend 70% of the time you spend in-game on an actual job and buy gold.

coin to effort ratio is better then.

end of discussion b:pleased

Sacrificing gaming time to earn money to spend on a game in order to save time grinding ingame?

LOL.

They might aswell add a new rule to the ToS: ''You are required to have a fulltime job in order to play this game''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If they want to kill merchants, just add a consignment shop fee per opening. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If they want to kill merchants, just add a consignment shop fee per opening. b:laugh

And have a server shutdown for 2 seconds every day (to kick of all catshops, so they have to reset it every day)
    *watches west arch clear out
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • seyeko
    edited November 2010
    **** it... p2w..
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And have a server shutdown for 2 seconds every day (to kick of all catshops, so they have to reset it every day)
    *watches west arch clear out

It wouldn't be hard to do either... they could just do an 'Inactivity boot' where after like ~2 hrs if you don't do anything it kicks you off the server
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    few versions of cash-shoppers..none to extreme and variable in between.

None shoppers cost are endless hours of grinding, farming, last picked in endgame content. resulting in quested/farmed gear +3 at best, and several years away from catching up to the casual/extreme cashoppers... Of course by the time they even get close, new content, new gears, are now available. Or if by chance you have no life, you could achieve this sooner than the average bear.

Casual shoppers, results are...nice fly/mounts, fash, faster leveling (oracles) minor upgrades (+5 gear maybe with dragon orbs) and highend craft skills with some luck they may win a piece or two of endgame gear... Costing around several hundred dollars over a period of time when its added up.

Extreme shoppers results are OP gear for any content, which gives them yet another free ride into better gear options, and easier achievements to yet make more money ingame. PvP imbalanced because they are geared long before the server's time. they usually end up more than filthy ingame rich because to achieve the original goal, packs end up giving them a plethora of high demand gears/stones etc just buffering their virtual income. costing several thousands.

Imbalanced for the server mainly because most extreme, to moderate extreme CSers end up banding together, even if there only be a handful of them, creating a force no one can touch, and they end up being the dominate faction(s), especially if they have a core CSer base of at least 15-20 people, and the rest of their member base is simply speed-bumps to any opponents. In the days of TW pay, this only made those few richer, and easier to achive more than anyone else on the server in regards to virtual income..

It is almost like government, keep the rich richer, and the poor......well they just kind of co-exist.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The game doesn't pay for itself so ..... b:surrender
    At least you get to play if for free, of course the downside as stated is the advantage to those that spend real $$.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    The game doesn't pay for itself so ..... b:surrender
    At least you get to play if for free, of course the downside as stated is the advantage to those that spend real $$.

There are ways of making money off a game, and keeping it balanced. PWE didn't explore those options, they moreless looked for options to force and minipulate people into spending megabucks for a fast fix, and disregard to any long term playability.

In fact, I can name one game that went from thinking they themselves would be nothing but a small gaming industry, to later end up being a major corp, and all their funding sent them from barelly able to afford interwebs marketing to national telivised comercials all from CS items, in which even a heavy CSer never became more powerful than that of the casual to hardcore player. Now their player base is still grinding at the gears for much antisipated part two of that game, which with the funding recieved is promised to be 10times better.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Make all cat shops expire like the Tiger Shops from Celestial Tiger event or like emotes. If you don't have one, you can't open one.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bun$ - Archosaur
    Bun$ - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    IDK i kind of like cash shopper who play by face rolling the keyboards and QQs that there isnt any competition on the server then when people who worked for they're gear and have gain experience in playing their class catches up and comes along and facerapes them b:chuckle

(months of practicing right clicking doesnt make up for months of working on skill)
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    few versions of cash-shoppers..none to extreme and variable in between.

None shoppers cost are endless hours of grinding, farming, last picked in endgame content. resulting in quested/farmed gear +3 at best, and several years away from catching up to the casual/extreme cashoppers... Of course by the time they even get close, new content, new gears, are now available. Or if by chance you have no life, you could achieve this sooner than the average bear.

well im an non shopper and all my gear +5-10 and i can make like 10mil+ every other day or so while only playin a few hours per day (which i normaly pis* away pkin), so where i fit in?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    seyeko wrote: »
    Imbalanced and give huge advantage to cash players?

Always have been every MMO. You will have to deal with it.

Also, I used to get angry on heavy cash shoppers. Now that is over with. If you want fancy visual things or tons of power, get money yourself and buy up. (not too much, waste of real $$$)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    well im an non shopper and all my gear +5-10 and i can make like 10mil+ every other day or so while only playin a few hours per day (which i normaly pis* away pkin), so where i fit in?

none to extreme and variable in between.