Chinese Dev. Q & A Regarding the Expansion

nimh88
nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
There are two threads on the Chinese forums, one is started by a Dev., the other is by a forum Mod, both shed some interesting light on the new expansion.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1668091&extra=page%3D3

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1668637&extra=page%3D4&page=1

I am too lazy to translate everything, but here are the high lights:

1. Seekers will only be able to equip sword/blade (perhaps the new two-handed sword), and nothing else. (no 5.0 seekers?)

2. The new weapon enhancing stones will disappear when switching weapons. (bummer for bms?)

3. You don't need to have a territory in order to have a faction base.

4. Faction base wars will be limited to 40 participants on each side.

5. There's a blurb on 5 aps... not sure how to translate it, just going to paste it here:

Q:5.0什么的讲两句
A:这是游戏发展到某个阶段所要面临的具有偶然性的问题,这个问题会通过后续的版本开发逐步使其影响变弱,继而变得不尖锐,这个后续版本也许是明年的大型资料片,目前正在考量各职业的持续成长方向及成长后的主要玩法。我想说的是,我们经历过很多阶段性的偶然问题,比如武器模型雷同、凤凰传奇、妖精抓蛋、****,我们跟很多老玩家一起经历了这些,但这些到最后都成了过眼云烟,我们还在这里。说到底,每个历史时期总会有主要矛盾,随着发展,主要矛盾会淡化直至消失,而留下的人就是变革的见证者。(这话讲得好烂)换种说法,我们会寻求不激烈不肉疼的方式淡化这个问题,只是还需要一些时间,让尽可能多的人不感到疼。(能理解的明白我说什么,不能理解的且随意理解)

My understanding is that 5.0 will not be changed in this expansion, but in the coming expansion, it will loose its effectiveness gradually. (new FB bosses having reflect skills?)

6. Mystic's skill "花溅雨" (aoe DD and knock-back) will work in PVP. (Holy smokes! knock-back in pvp?!!)

7. Mystic has a revive skill, but it works like the reviving scroll, so it will have a very long CD.

8. Seekers will be the pillars in TWs, they have physical and magic attack skills. They have a skill that will shift all negative effects back to the attakers. (wowsers!)

9. Mystics can have two kinds of pets, one is "契约者" (contracted pet?), the other is a plant. In extremely cases, up to eight pets can be summoned at one time.

10. There will be new weapons only available at faction bases.

11. The new weapons have base attacks lower than rank 8 and nirvana, but has powerful add-ons. The add-ons are especially powerful for magic class, they are "是空前的" (unprecedented?). (an attempt to appease the wizards in the 5.0 age?)

12. There will be no new battling-Fbs in this expansion.

13. There will be no 10-men squad in this expansion.

14. Mystics can heal veno pets, and venos can heal mystic pets.

15. Mystic pets do not need to be trained, they can be summoned and will be the same level as their masters.

16. Mystics do not have any skills that require mirages.

17. The new race does not have wings, their flying mount will be different than all the other races.

I think that's about it. b:laugh
Post edited by nimh88 on

Comments

• KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Freakin Great Sounds like PWE is getting there ~edited~ together
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    nimh88 wrote: »
    There are two threads on the Chinese forums, one is started by a Dev., the other is by a forum Mod, both shed some interesting light on the new expansion.

1. Seekers will only be able to equip sword/blade (perhaps the new two-handed sword), and nothing else. (no 5.0 seekers?)

2. The new weapon enhancing stones will disappear when switching weapons. (bummer for bms?)

5. There's a blurb on 5 aps... not sure how to translate it, just going to paste it here:

A:这是游戏发展到某个阶段所要面临的具有偶然性的问题,这个问题会通过后续的版本开发逐步使其影响变弱,继而变得不尖锐,这个后续版本也许是明年的大型资料片,目前正在考量各职业的持续成长方向及成长后的主要玩法。我想说的是,我们经历过很多阶段性的偶然问题,比如武器模型雷同、凤凰传奇、妖精抓蛋、****,我们跟很多老玩家一起经历了这些,但这些到最后都成了过眼云烟,我们还在这里。说到底,每个历史时期总会有主要矛盾,随着发展,主要矛盾会淡化直至消失,而留下的人就是变革的见证者。(这话讲得好烂)换种说法,我们会寻求不激烈不肉疼的方式淡化这个问题,只是还需要一些时间,让尽可能多的人不感到疼。(能理解的明白我说什么,不能理解的且随意理解)

My understanding is that 5.0 will not be changed in this expansion, but in the coming expansion, it will loose its effectiveness gradually. (new FB bosses having reflect skills?)

6. Mystic's skill "花溅雨" (aoe DD and knock-back) will work in PVP. (Holy smokes! knock-back in pvp?!!)

7. Mystic has a revive skill, but it works like the reviving scroll, so it will have a very long CD.

8. Seekers will be the pillars in TWs, they have physical and magic attack skills. They have a skill that will shift all negative effects back to the attakers. (wowsers!)

9. Mystics can have two kinds of pets, one is "契约者" (contracted pet?), the other is a plant. In extremely cases, up to eight pets can be summoned at one time.

11. The new weapons have base attacks lower than rank 8 and nirvana, but has powerful add-ons. The add-ons are especially powerful for magic class, they are "是空前的" (unprecedented?). (an attempt to appease the wizards in the 5.0 age?)

15. Mystic pets do not need to be trained, they can be summoned and will be the same level as their masters.

17. The new race does not have wings, their flying mount will be different than all the other races.

First off, no I am not a 5 aps blademaster, at least definitely not yet.

Second, while I do agree that 5.0 needs to be changed, I really feel that reflect skills on a boss would only cause for a lot of complaints on both sides, the 5.0 side, and those of us who don't have tricked out gear. Perhaps if they made a armor/weapon piece with + interval, (yes I said 'plus' interval) along with something that cancels out the boss positive buffs, and make it like a warsoul item, or something, then I am sure the 5.0's will cope, but those who aren't will suffer greatly. D:

Lastly, I realize you are only letting us know what they posted, so thank you for that, I just hope that maybe that part either got lost in translation, or misinterpreted by me. =x Though I understand that it could easily be neither, and your translated it just fine, I just don't want to see bosses get reflect. Hopefully it will only be for quite literal... end game bosses, like harpy wraith, etc. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Paytah - Lost City
    Paytah - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Freakin Great Sounds like PWE is getting there ~edited~ together

QFT b:victory
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hm...Don't know to be excited or sad...

on one hand, it sounds like the new classes are good (no surprise) and that aps may be getting a nurf?

on the other hand, new classes may be OP, and the whole "seeker is pillar in TW" thing scares me as a wizard.
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The bosses having reflect part was purely my speculation... the dev.'s comment on 5.0 was quite verbose, and vague. But still, my understanding of what he is saying is that the game is still growing, what seems to be over-powering right now might not be so when future expansions are released.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Right... keep giving new classes the skills that make every other class unique.

Can I have stealth mode on my cleric please? ty~
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hmmm this should be interesting*slowly floats bck to the shadows*b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Im screwed.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Let me try this ...

First point is that the 5.0aps issue was not an intended development (happened by "chance") This issue will be slowly nerfed but not for the coming expansion, maybe the next major expansion during next year. However, the 'nerf' will not be too great. At the moment their emphasis is on character growth and end game play styles of each class (class balancing?)

The next part he goes on to talk about how the game and its old players have gone through various issues like the veno's phoenix complaints etc, but yet the game is still doing fine, and how those that still play the game have witnessed a 'revolution' / change in the game thus far. Just a bunch of BS.

Finally, the main thing is they are looking into a means to solve the APS 'issue' which will not be too painful (?) to all parties involved but they need some time.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol how many times have we heard tht from a gm lmao at was not intended i find tht bull **** sense they are very money hungry and tht brings in truck loads of cash for them
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm excited to find out if the Seeker can tank Bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vehementa - Dreamweaver
    Vehementa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well as a HA user he'll be able to tank several bosses by default. I imagine the aggro holding capabilites might be worse than barbs, but better than a BM (not talking about APS builds here).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Three things:

"4. Faction base wars will be limited to 40 participants on each side."

Does this mean 40vs40 TWs? Or something different.
    First point is that the 5.0aps issue was not an intended development (happened by "chance") This issue will be slowly nerfed but not for the coming expansion, maybe the next major expansion during next year. However, the 'nerf' will not be too great. At the moment their emphasis is on character growth and end game play styles of each class (class balancing?)

The next part he goes on to talk about how the game and its old players have gone through various issues like the veno's phoenix complaints etc, but yet the game is still doing fine, and how those that still play the game have witnessed a 'revolution' / change in the game thus far. Just a bunch of BS.

Finally, the main thing is they are looking into a means to solve the APS 'issue' which will not be too painful (?) to all parties involved but they need some time.

Doesn't sound too bad but... I guess we will see when it happens. Won't change anything for me though.

"6. Mystic's skill "花溅雨" (aoe DD and knock-back) will work in PVP. (Holy smokes! knock-back in pvp?!!)"

Sounds pretty evil to me. It's probably going to be an ulti anyway with a long CD so won't be such a big problem.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Oke.. seems like the veno's just got screwed over. I hope mystics don't have skills like bramble, purge and amp :/ So veno's will still be wanted in squads...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Three things:

"4. Faction base wars will be limited to 40 participants on each side."

Does this mean 40vs40 TWs? Or something different.

From what I hear, it's 40 per side of the alliance. So 40 from your faction and 40 from your ally. So max is 80vs80. Also, it's not related to TW. Base wars are for rewards so you can build up your base and to make the base weapons.
  • Shneibel - Harshlands
    Shneibel - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2010

the new race always sound OP than the old, WTB balanced !
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wondering if mystic pet averagely had same status as venomancer pet or weaker ?
    since lots of them can show up at once
    b:bye
    small army + ability to knockback + ability to heal any pets + ability to auto revive b:victory
    (and no more hours of leveling pets )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Awwww I thought I read somewhere that Mystics wil be able to get Veno Pets =-(

guess that was wrong then QQ
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If not wrong from what i read before seem mystic has various animation as well.
    (not repeating like veno)

So is mystic will also has their own version of legendary pet b:chuckle or army ? b:chuckle

*Dreaming has a set of tank + DD + support pet* b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So is mystic will also has their own version of legendary pet b:chuckle or army ? b:chuckle

*Dreaming has a set of 5aps DDs + fishy looking buffer with bp* b:laugh

be modern
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Clearly they did intend for 5aps to be such a "problem", or BMs and sins would not have had their chi gain increased to 5 per hit soon after Tideborn Expansion.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So the squads will still only be able to accommodate 6 players?

Guild base wars? Sounds a bit... ummm.... like TW? Again, stronger factions win it all, weaker, smaller ones lose it all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Why is that? How many non-major factions can field 80 people? Isn't it easier to field 40?
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • buttercupcruella
    edited November 2010
    Why is that? How many non-major factions can field 80 people? Isn't it easier to field 40?

Hmmm... maybe there will be some restrictions. Like there can only be fights between factions of the same lvl (1-3). I can't think of a good solution to this one, because... check this out:

there's the top guild on your server with over 100 ppl and a faction that has 45 ppl in it. Yea, the size does not matter because only 40 of each (or 80, change as needed, cause I aint sure which info is true) will get into the fight... BUT...

Faction A owns the whole TW map, has 40 players lvl 102-103 (104, 105?).
    Faction B owns no land and has 40 players lvl 30-90.

... What happens then????

What what? In da butt.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Time to start leveling my Wizard for PK and TW.

b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Such small factions are probably not even looking for large-scale competition like this. I don't think you need to be so concerned for such factions. The lvl 30s are probably more worried about their cult 29s, the lvl 90s in there are probably helping the lowbies with Farng.

I'm talking about mid-sized factions trying to build up to be TW competitive. It's hard to get 80 people to show up, but 40...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Clearly they did intend for 5aps to be such a "problem", or BMs and sins would not have had their chi gain increased to 5 per hit soon after Tideborn Expansion.

As well as introducing two new interval items along with the Tideborn Expansion... Lvl 6 tomes and Nirvana pants. It was clearly intended.

And it appears their fix will be nerfing aps and giving wizards more powerful weapons to compensate for pve. This is gonna make pvp horribly imbalanced.

Time to start frosting my wiz to 100.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm... maybe there will be some restrictions. Like there can only be fights between factions of the same lvl (1-3). I can't think of a good solution to this one, because... check this out:

there's the top guild on your server with over 100 ppl and a faction that has 45 ppl in it. Yea, the size does not matter because only 40 of each (or 80, change as needed, cause I aint sure which info is true) will get into the fight... BUT...

Faction A owns the whole TW map, has 40 players lvl 102-103 (104, 105?).
    Faction B owns no land and has 40 players lvl 30-90.

Well they also mentioned a guild alliance system where guilds can " team " up to take on stronger ones.
    So you could have the Scenario of 2 non-TW guilds each sending their best 20 players to fight a top guild for their base.
    Now I don't know what server you play on, but on HT there are a lot of very well geared players who don't TW for w/e reason and if 40 of them them allied up ... they could make a potent force
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    edited November 2010
    Such small factions are probably not even looking for large-scale competition like this. I don't think you need to be so concerned for such factions. The lvl 30s are probably more worried about their cult 29s, the lvl 90s in there are probably helping the lowbies with Farng.

I'm talking about mid-sized factions trying to build up to be TW competitive. It's hard to get 80 people to show up, but 40...

It's not that I'm concerned about those faction, but... oh wait, I kinda am... I fully understand where you're coming from, and this is a cool thing, BUT:

you made it look like a faction can choose whether they wanna participate in a guild base war or not. I'm worried that they will have no choice. Guild A wants to r4pe guild B for fun and what's gonna stop them??? Can faction B say: "We don't wanna participate"??? It potentially is a good idea, but I'm a tiny bit worried it's gonna cause more QQ, more OP high lvls and more poor low lvls...

Well they also mentioned a guild alliance system where guilds can " team " up to take on stronger ones.
    So you could have the Scenario of 2 non-TW guilds each sending their best 20 players to fight a top guild for their base.
    Now I don't know what server you play on, but on HT there are a lot of very well geared players who don't TW for w/e reason and if 40 of them them allied up ... they could make a potent force

I'm on LC, but I don't think it matters THAT much. Are you saying that some major players, which do not TW for w/e reason will join the small factions for the wars to help them? What's in it for them? I guess the satisfaction of potential win over the big guys... but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Also, allies... ok, I see your point, BUT (b:chuckle):

[giving an example of LC, where atm there are 2 factions owning the map (it's the weekend I can't check if anything major happened lately, but 1 territory of ThaClick doesn't mean anything to me)] do you think, just because they are "enemies", they're gonna.... leave their faction for the war to join the other (no name factions) for.... ummm.... to just have the opportunity to .. fight each other? If yes, then this will cause a MAJOR faction members turnover. Not sure if that would be the best... I see some interesting parts, but it sounds more like stress, a lot of plotting, spies, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Very interesting information.

QQ no 5.0 seekers.

5.0 aps losing its effectiveness, bet the wizzys are happy. >:P

Mystics having multiple pets, who needs aps if you can control like 8 of them? b:shocked

Can't wait for more clarification though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-