Shard Glow

Options
Dimitriys - Lost City
Dimitriys - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
If I put in, let's say a garnet shard into my armor, will it glow red? Also does the color change depending on what kind of garnet it is?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible"
- Voltaire
Post edited by Dimitriys - Lost City on

Comments

• Dimitriys - Lost City
    Dimitriys - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the info. I have another question, if I imbue my legendary weapon, will it change color since it glows yellow already. Yea, I did read that if you imbue 2 gems you'll get 2 different glows and so on. But I'm just wondering since the legendary weapon has a natural glow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible"
    - Voltaire
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the info. I have another question, if I imbue my legendary weapon, will it change color since it glows yellow already. Yea, I did read that if you imbue 2 gems you'll get 2 different glows and so on. But I'm just wondering since the legendary weapon has a natural glow.

No.

On weapons, shard glow appears around your hands. Twilight Temple weapons glow green. 3* weapons glow purple. Legendary glows yellow. Lunar and Nirvana... have their own effects.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No.

On weapons, shard glow appears around your hands. Twilight Temple weapons glow green. 3* weapons glow purple. Legendary glows yellow. Lunar and Nirvana... have their own effects.

3*s glow blue. Or at least they used to. Tideborn weapons follow a totally different system which kinda messes it all up. -_-

I almost shudder to think what kind of glow system Earthguard weps will use. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just dinged 70 and can use my Calamity axes now. I have a +80 Accuracy shard (amber) and a high garnet on it too. The graphic result is I have these glowing string of sparks like orbiting my hands. Yellow and red. So yellow must be the amber because I know red is for garnet.
    I wonder what it would look like with shards no one uses - the elemental shards.
    I think I'll play with that and find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I just dinged 70 and can use my Calamity axes now. I have a +80 Accuracy shard (amber) and a high garnet on it too. The graphic result is I have these glowing string of sparks like orbiting my hands. Yellow and red. So yellow must be the amber because I know red is for garnet.
    I wonder what it would look like with shards no one uses - the elemental shards.
    I think I'll play with that and find out.

i think that elemental shards are green.
    DoTs are light blue and sapphire are white.
    I havent seen citrines/stone of savant/JoSD/DoD.
    oh and i think that u should imbue g7 or better shards to get the effect but not sure

i dont recommend putting any of the above btw
  • Ecatomb - Harshlands
    Ecatomb - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You can see visual effect of shard here (end of page):
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/stone.php

For armor the best look is with Citrine Shard (if you can get 4 G8).
    But Garnet Shard and Sapphire Shard can be usefull if you got already enough hp.

For the weapon, I don't find Garnet Shard or Sapphire Shard so usefull. It don't add many damage...
    ecatomb.net/pwi/

Skill Database - Item Database - Character Simulator
    Baby Pet - Rare Pet - lvl100 Pet - Quest
    Screenshot of: Fashion - Mount - Armor - Weapon
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I look like a lightning rod, lol. I put 4 immaculate (G8) citrines in each piece of my armor to get as much HP as possible, and it looks awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I look like a lightning rod, lol. I put 4 immaculate (G8) citrines in each piece of my armor to get as much HP as possible, and it looks awesome.

haha me too lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]