Something different?

NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Blademaster
ok here is what i did and i wanted to share with u guys. i think its pretty different not many people go for this, im tired of everyone 95+ being interval fist bm so this is what i did. please let me know what you think about this..dont mind the necklace and belt
http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=de4a7088cf74dba2

b:bye
Post edited by NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Your neck and belt make no sense. You have plenty of pdef... you want to add mdef adorns.

Swindlers Necklace at minimum. Cube Neck if you can afford it. The belt? Just some random 3*, Demon Slaughter Belt or past belt would be fine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's a barb strength build.
  • ZeverEdge - Lost City
    ZeverEdge - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That's a barb strength build.
    ^Thisb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Haters: So...is the game dead yet?b:question

PWI Community: Pretty much, West Arch is still the laggiest place.

PWI Economy: Agreed, and there is still active gold tradingb:surrender

Hooray for death of PWI!!!b:kissb:victory
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The only physical neck BMs should get is Sky Demon's Pearl. Works great and is only like 1 mil.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    wow u guys dont read? (DONT MIND THE NECKLACE AND BELT) ty :)

and yes its a barb str build but all bm's i see go with fist after 95 so thats just getting boring so why not go with this? its still good for a bm.

oh and im not rich so thats why i go with cheap stuff :P
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    If you haven't played since the very beginning or cash shop, then you're not allowed to suggest builds.
  • NOObPWnAgEi - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    If you haven't played since the very beginning or cash shop, then you're not allowed to suggest builds.

ur funny..b:chuckle..what u should do is get out of my thread if ur going to start talking trash :D
    edited November 2010
    The only physical neck BMs should get is Sky Demon's Pearl. Works great and is only like 1 mil.

Eeww...

Only Arcane or LA should wear a SDP.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Try something more like this.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=dbe5c387d9e5598e

That's how my gear was. Then it all changed.

I thank my barbie b:kiss

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9e70bb716839133e

Of course, that is what I want. All i need is a restat scroll ;p

Right now I'm fisting things at 4aps sparked :(

Farmin Farmin Farmin
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Eeww...

Only Arcane or LA should wear a SDP.

I like having the 5% hp boost, because cube magic orn is way to expensive and swindlers necklace is gold so i can't re sell it.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    K, kind of felt bad about everyone shooting down this guys thread. Yes, this is just a barb strength build but kudo's for NoobPwn for at least trying something "different". Although, it's not that different.

Axe BM's tried it for a while when they realized that a vit axe build gave them some of the lowest damage in the game of any build, they still didn't have enough vitality to tank, and forget about keeping aggro (hence why I'd rather squad with a wizard wearing fists than an axe bm in a non zhenning situation). Before "The rise of the fist" alot of people tried strength axe builds because they at least have a major use in zhen squads, and sacrificial strikes and zerk axes made for some insane hits and possible 1 hit kills in pk. However, DoT is still decently low, accuracy is horrid, and you are limited to one weapons path. To make up for your low accuracy and lower vit you have to alter your gear away from DDing and towards filling in your weak points.

Forget about stun locking anyone, that build would miss a 3/2 build half the time. You will drastically improve that build by adding a little more dex for accuracy. Your chance to hit goes up and your crit rate goes up.

Want to make it the most effective DD for a strength-axe build? Add 2 dex for every 3 strength up to about 120 dex while still wearing accuracy rings. Oh wait, you're most of the way to useing all your paths now. May as well capitalize on it and aim to use all your paths by adding more dex, then you can switch out those accuracy rings for DD rings.

...hence the 3/2 build. Now that you are there anyways, the weapon you pick is up to you. Just know fist with -int will max your DD output.

Edit: Also was gonna comment on sky demon's pearl. I think its a very decent option but wasn't worth it for me. I wanted to go straight to TT99 ornies and then cube necklace when I can save up. For HA builds the strength is nice, but barbs get more hp from +vit necklaces than from 5% hp because the 5% hp doesn't get mutliplied in with BKI (not sure but I think it's not affected by tiger form either). 3/2 BM builds usually have base vit so a 5% bonus also isn't too great, although the 8 strength is nice for both barb and bm for DD. All in all, though, I'd rather a magic ornie for the extra mdef.

LA builds (sin and archer) also usually go pure dex, with archers usually adding to strength. The sin will have low hp pool that is less multiplied by that 5%. Both builds can use the +7-8 str but that requries a restat out of strength to add it elsewhere where it is more needed. LA would benefit from the +pdef too. Many caster classes may have LA but because their points are spread more thin with this armor they have base vit so the 5% would not be a huge multiplier.

AA builds seem to benefit the most. Many AA add to vit to make up for their squishiness. This adds pdef and would give them a bit more hp boost than most classes. The 8 strength can easily be restatted straight towards magic/vit or cover them from needing to add str for 16 levels.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited November 2010
    I like having the 5% hp boost, because cube magic orn is way to expensive and swindlers necklace is gold so i can't re sell it.

The thing is, if you find a good 3* elemental neck with at least one +hp or +vit add, you'll get more defense overall if it's refined +3/+4ish than you would with just the +5% hp and pdef. For PvE it doesn't matter really... then again I'm on a PvP server... don't skimp mdef.

K, kind of felt bad about everyone shooting down this guys thread. Yes, this is just a barb strength build but kudo's for NoobPwn for at least trying something "different". Although, it's not that different.

I didn't. There's nothing wrong with a pure str build for PvE. There's also nothing wrong with a pure vit build for TW. The only thing I saw wrong with the build which I know he said not to pay attention to was the only thing WORTH paying attention to, IMO. The rest of his gear and stat allocations were fine. It's not what I've built, but it's a solid build. He also sharded accuracy which he should. At least he's not wearing 2 attendance rings.

Forget about stun locking anyone, that build would miss a 3/2 build half the time. You will drastically improve that build by adding a little more dex for accuracy. Your chance to hit goes up and your crit rate goes up.

I disagree. When I was roughly 3/1/1 build (before packs and primarily dex build BMs) I had no problem stun locking. With genie skills such as Whirlwind and Occult Ice, you don't need to gamble on Aeolian Blade anymore. Whirlwind + Roar + Occult pretty much make weapon stunlocking a thing of the past.

Edit: Also was gonna comment on sky demon's pearl. I think its a very decent option but wasn't worth it for me. I wanted to go straight to TT99 ornies and then cube necklace when I can save up. For HA builds the strength is nice, but barbs get more hp from +vit necklaces than from 5% hp because the 5% hp doesn't get mutliplied in with BKI (not sure but I think it's not affected by tiger form either). 3/2 BM builds usually have base vit so a 5% bonus also isn't too great, although the 8 strength is nice for both barb and bm for DD. All in all, though, I'd rather a magic ornie for the extra mdef.

QFT