Pure mage veno, genie question

mekkimaru
mekkimaru Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
Hi,

Im still confused on my winter genie(Disciple?). I know which skills to get for it, but im still not sure where to allocate its attribute/affinity points.

Can anyone give me hints/ideas?
Post edited by mekkimaru on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think two appropriate questions would be:

Is it supposed to be geared more towards pve or pvp? and more of a self question than something we would need an answer for..
    What playing style do you have? A great thing about genies is that they can be fit to match your preferences as a player.

I'm a pure magic veno myself, 3 base vit. My genie has

earthquake for interrupt (it has knockback too but I don't really use it for that),

holy path for speed (including escaping),

extreme poison (stacks very nicely with amplify damage and myriad rainbow when it procs mind or armor break),

bramble rage (purely for aoe damage),

hollow fist (useless need to replace it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • mekkimaru
    edited November 2010
    sorry forgot to mention, pve.

and yes i have looked into all those skills useful for pve and such, i just havent really found where to allocate those attribute points......since ill be using those kinds of skills would it be wise to put attribute points into dex so as to increase effect/duration?

and also what about affinity points? do they matter or is that just personal preference?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Affinity points determine what skills a genie is capable of learning. to learn any skill, a genie must have a certain amount of points in the affinity required.

Stat points also need to be distributed based on the skills you choose. Certain skills benefit from certain stat points. My genie is kind of an oddball, as it has a mix of strength, dexterity, and vitality, but it works well with my skill set. Pure dex would also work nicely, with maybe a bit of vit. (on my genie)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mekkimaru
    edited November 2010
    i see, that's some helpful info, ill look into what each skill needs and how to best make my genie

thanks for your replies Hisuna b:victory
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Happy to help. Now that you understand that part of things, I would suggest figuring out what your greatest weaknesses are, and trying to configure the genie to help alleviate those issues. Best of luck to you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]