How about?

2»

Comments

• WizardCraft - Harshlands
    WizardCraft - Harshlands Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree with Shev as well. Ive played wiz, bm, barb, cleric, now archer. BM was -int (not all out, I do have bills to pay like a responsible adult), and I am slooowly working on -int archer.

The base of this game is balance.

Now sure, wolf-dude who admitted that he broke his bank and saved up, thats good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

BUT

When it comes to basic game play, such as Nirvana.....it should be balanced among those who can charge out the yin yang, those who moderately and responsibly charge, and those who play for free.

Now honestly? -int may be super sweet, but this game is going to fail miserably if PWE doesnt realize that end-game wizards, psychics and clerics are rare to find, unless they swipe their credit cards' black stripe off the plastic (metaphorically speaking, ofc, considering they aren't actually "swiping" it).

Anyway, long story short, I agree with putting raptures/uncannies as a DQ reward. This would cause people to grind/zhen a lot more, people on PvP servers would def. have a increase in PK (causing people to buy more charms/dolls/packs w/e), gold MIGHT come down, due to the slight increase of coin (thats entirely debatable [best luck of token discussion anyone?])

But imbalance is imbalance and unfair is unfair, when you cut it down to the bone.

Look at the bigger picture, they milk what they can from "PWI" then just create something like "Forsaken World" - cycle repeats infinitely. They are here to make money , no one cares about player base or balance.

P.S. Searching for a cool P2P MMORPG, Any advices anyone? b:thanks
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    a big part of you so called free to play players are not playing smart... some of you can even be described as playing stupid. It doesn't take much to get cash shop equivalent gears. If memory serves... i spent exactly $110 usd on the same (charged 120, but 10 went to a friend because we decided to split a 20 dollar charge one time)... my in game wife may have spent like 20 usd (we share everything in game). And my gear now is probably above that of around 95% of the server population. And this is after SEVERAL very costly impulse buy mistakes... most notably the 8k socket stones that went to socket my cv.

you non aps users need to either suck it up or run with other non aps users. the vast majority of you refuse to run with anyone with less then 4 aps... and yet complain not being able to get a nirv squad. and as full disclosure... my archer is bow ONLY... and yet i can out damage mid refine aps users... and GET asked to nirv. so maybe its time to stop complaining and take a good look at your character.

Hmmm checks out Kiyoshi's gear....oh that's right +12 rank 8 bow and full attack shards (or close to it, I can't recall) as a pure dex archer. Ofc you out dd some weak *** 3-4ish aps users, ala low refine weapons (hell my +12 nirvana LA wizzy buddy w/ full attack shards will do the same at times if he crits repeatedly) so you are "wanted." Hmmm rank 8 = at least 600m and not sure what +12 will run you (not to mention all the attack shards). Let's just take a wild guess of 800m-1b just for your weapon/shards. Sure every tom **** and harry wizzy, psychic, archer, and veno has that lying around soley for their weapon JUST so they can MIGHT then get asked to nirvana. I love how ppl w/ insane gear think anyone else can do something just as easily.

Me personally I've got well over 1b invested into all my gear; much more then many of the 4-5.0 aps users who qq that they are entitled to everything since they spent so much. What do I get for this? Whoopey I'm not a squishy cleric who's lying there permadead in instances (been numerous times where I'm last one standing in various instances such as tt, rb, nirvana, etc.). I've got a damn good genie I use to spam the hell out of extreme poison and tangling mire in nirvana (to make runs go faster). A low aps/refined dder I'll actually outdd in nirvana. Yet ANY nirvana squad will take ANY cleric w/ them into nirvana especially the 4-5 aps squads who 75% of the time have spent LESS on their gear then I have. But nah they will just take some tt90+2/3 geared cleric who doesn't have 11 rez and nfi how to use genies to debuff bosses. I've even spent 24m (along w/ the bm wife) for her barb for sage hp/attack buffs to buff squads we go with prior to runs. There's NOTHING else I can do w/ gear etc. to make a difference in instances to allow me to stand out...but ppl will grab any cleric for 99% of endgame content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hey, at least you'll be hard as f*** to kill in TW b:cute. And it's "than" btw (kills another kitty).
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    pro gamers are pro, we should all just drop 10k on this game and be pro gamers.b:pleased
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm checks out Kiyoshi's gear....oh that's right +12 rank 8 bow and full attack shards (or close to it, I can't recall) as a pure dex archer. Ofc you out dd some weak *** 3-4ish aps users, ala low refine weapons (hell my +12 nirvana LA wizzy buddy w/ full attack shards will do the same at times if he crits repeatedly) so you are "wanted." Hmmm rank 8 = at least 600m and not sure what +12 will run you (not to mention all the attack shards). Let's just take a wild guess of 800m-1b just for your weapon/shards. Sure every tom **** and harry wizzy, psychic, archer, and veno has that lying around soley for their weapon JUST so they can MIGHT then get asked to nirvana. I love how ppl w/ insane gear think anyone else can do something just as easily.

Me personally I've got well over 1b invested into all my gear; much more then many of the 4-5.0 aps users who qq that they are entitled to everything since they spent so much. What do I get for this? Whoopey I'm not a squishy cleric who's lying there permadead in instances (been numerous times where I'm last one standing in various instances such as tt, rb, nirvana, etc.). I've got a damn good genie I use to spam the hell out of extreme poison and tangling mire in nirvana (to make runs go faster). A low aps/refined dder I'll actually outdd in nirvana. Yet ANY nirvana squad will take ANY cleric w/ them into nirvana especially the 4-5 aps squads who 75% of the time have spent LESS on their gear then I have. But nah they will just take some tt90+2/3 geared cleric who doesn't have 11 rez and nfi how to use genies to debuff bosses. I've even spent 24m (along w/ the bm wife) for her barb for sage hp/attack buffs to buff squads we go with prior to runs. There's NOTHING else I can do w/ gear etc. to make a difference in instances to allow me to stand out...but ppl will grab any cleric for 99% of endgame content.

I think you totally missed my point there. Between me and my wife, we spent less then 150 on the game. And yet... our gears no doubt cost more then 10x that. Its not about how much you spend on the game... its about how smart you spend it. For example... there are people with dozen sets of fashions and only +1 or +2 refines on not even level equivalent gear... while I on the other hand... am still wearing the first and only set of fashion that i ever got for myself. Its all about priorities on where you spend your money. Those people who choose fashion over gear/refines shouldn't have the right to complain about being "underpowered" and "unwanted". Which brings me to another point... how much you want to bet that all those who complained about being unwanted or not needed in nirvana... HAVE MORE FASHION THEN ME.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Those people who choose fashion over gear/refines shouldn't have the right to complain about being "underpowered" and "unwanted". Which brings me to another point... how much you want to bet that all those who complained about being unwanted or not needed in nirvana... HAVE MORE FASHION THEN ME.

Here's the thing; some people make more money than others. If you farm for hours daily you can have everything fashion-related you want and still have decent gears. On the other hand, if all you do is QQ about things being too hard to get and never farm/grind, you won't have good gears. Farming works better for physical classes but all classes can grind at end-game.

Decent doesn't mean full Nirvana set +10 with +12 weapon.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think you totally missed my point there. Between me and my wife, we spent less than 150 on the game. And yet... our gears no doubt cost more than 10x that. Its not about how much you spend on the game... its about how smart you spend it. For example... there are people with dozen sets of fashions and only +1 or +2 refines on not even level equivalent gear... while I on the other hand... am still wearing the first and only set of fashion that i ever got for myself. Its all about priorities on where you spend your money. Those people who choose fashion over gear/refines shouldn't have the right to complain about being "underpowered" and "unwanted". Which brings me to another point... how much you want to bet that all those who complained about being unwanted or not needed in nirvana... HAVE MORE FASHION THEN ME.

Zomg does nobody know the difference? *Stabs two kitties* b:angry.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    From what I can tell:
    BM - only want to do nirvana
    Sin - only want to do nirvana
    Wiz - want to make money, but can't find squad members since they're doing what I'm listing
    Barb - never wants to do **** ever. Unless they're 5 aps too, then nirvana
    Veno - most likely rerolled to some other class
    Psy - same as wiz
    Archer - see sin/bm/barb
    Cleric - they can get in any squad

Casters could make good money in delta (50-100k per boss; doubles in later waves, 22 fragment for around 80k each, old book page), but as I said, barbs never want to do anything and all bms think about is nirvana.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Their incorrect use of 'then' is better than another's misuse of their 'they're'. b:pleased

I think. /headspin
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WFX - Harshlands
    WFX - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Their incorrect use of 'then' is better than another's misuse of their 'they're'. b:pleased

I think. /headspin

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7259/therer.jpg b:chuckle