beastboyisbeast's Ultimate Phsychic Guide

Comments

• beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I mean the other guide is good too but I think mine goes a little more in depth with the skills, not being cocky or anything.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    psy will, soulburn, lag, dead 5aps b:laugh

This.

I dueled veins and threw a soulburn on him while he punched Ladywraith with 4aps. He killed himself in less than 2 seconds. o-o

(For those who don't know, veins is a 101 5aps fist BM with ~20k HP with barb buff)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    This.

I dueled veins and threw a soulburn on him while he punched Ladywraith with 4aps. He killed himself in less than 2 seconds. o-o

(For those who don't know, veins is a 101 5aps fist BM with ~20k HP with barb buff)

</3 Soulburn
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • power1982
    power1982 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    "Pros: High damage Nukes can easily take out most monsters without them reaching you. Not much of a need of potions or charms due to having high regeneration and not being hit most of the time. Great for early PvE. From my experience I have been wanted in parties for Vengeance and Silence."

I laughed. Hard.

I hope you're kidding when you say that Psychics don't need Charms and Pots, and that we have a very high regeneration rate. I must burn like 200 mana pots a day, and a 90k spirit charm lasts less than 24 hours.

Also, Soul of Vengeance is not so strong in parties, I'm assuming you want to cast it on the tank, but it will just get him to 0 mana in like 20 seconds. About Soul of Silence, well... The success rate of that Soul is about 3%, so there.

If you have Sage lvl 11 Soul of Vengeance u dont burn mana per hit! :)
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Earth Vector costs a spark and that is seriously not okay when you're in need of something like Psychic Will or Red Tide/Soulburn. (I use red tide on groups of Pkers. The result is hilarious.)

Say you're fighting a Blademaster. Demon. Nirvana gear. Fisted. 5aps. (this is my husband.) You're level 100. Your skills are decently leveled. You're Sage.
    So you poke him, and it turns out, he's not as squishy as you thought he was. Now he's mad, and he's coming towards you.

So then you use Earth Vector. He's stunned for about five seconds. You can either run like hell, or you can stay and fight. The minute you hit him, he snaps out of stun, and comes running at you like a five ton steel building about to fall on you.
    Or you can run, and he'll catch up to you, because we as fish are slow, and they are not.

Either way, you are going to die. End of story.

Try again.

You poke him, he gets mad, he's coming towards you. You throw Glacial Shards in his face, and because you've levled it decently, it sticks. He's stuck for about seven-or-more seconds. You hit him with Red Tide. Because you leveled THAT decently, the bleed sticks. But it's not dealing Physical damage: It's dealing damage equal to your soulforce for the next nine seconds. (for me alone, that's almost 10k damage, and my gear sucks.)

So then he dies. And you have a spark still left for that Assassin who thinks he can try and kill you by sneaking up behind you. So you throw up Psychic Will, Bubble of Life, and then nail his *** with Crystal Light.

Slow lasts slightly longer than the stun effect. There is a lesser chance that the effect will stick, sure, and Earth vector deals more damage. I just use glacial shards as a stopper. Normally, mine sticks. (it's got a 67% chance to stick, so I use it often.) If it doesn't work, I use Earth Vector as a last resort because it's expensive as far as sparks go. Those sparks IMO can be used to benefit someplace else.

i actually lol'ed at this Earth vector glacial shard pop physic will then let you do the rest
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • SoulTainter - Raging Tide
    SoulTainter - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912922

I was comparing from both and i found this...how the wizzies think of em
  • SoulTainter - Raging Tide
    SoulTainter - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I would like to see you fighting a lvl 90 (and above) mage (with all spells).

And pardon me, Landslide has a fixed casting range, which is shorter than your nukes, and pray... do tell how you to "blink" into range to cast that?

A wizzard fighting you would probably use stone barrier to boost pdef + earth resistance. So your earth spells are probably gonna be useless.

The moment you start casting anything, you would have been silenced and hell will be let loose, with you being the casualty.

Oh I forgot, you do not even have tt-70-90 weapons....

Pardon me... but you sound like a 13 year old...

I was comparing from both and i found this...how the wizzies think of em...
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I was comparing from both and i found this...how the wizzies think of em...

i suggest to all these wizzies to play a psy first and then judge,,,,
    but nooo, they see earth vector = stun, soul of silence = seal, glacial shards = immobilize...
    refines for soulforce? u get significant benefits when you refine 10+
    killing 20 ppl with sov? sure, if they are lvl30, sure...

meh, w/e
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    It at least gives you some time to do something other than die.

From what I can tell from your posts, all you do is shoot your bh squads in the back and don't do any actual pvp.
  • kazkade
    kazkade Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Disturb Soul
    Demon: Duration time is increased by 3 seconds.
    Sage: Increases the channeling time of the skill by 100%.

First of all these are backwards

Second i have a lvl 100 sage psychic with tt99 gear and have both dueled and pvpd with wizzies and have found that it all comes down to skill lvl of the player not which skills you have lvled.most of my skills are lvl 11 and it turns out to be a very long fight vs wiz.archers are easy and high APS chars die very quickly with soulburn and psychic will the only class i have any difficulty killing are venos because of their soul transfusion...with a mp charm they have almost unlimited hp.

Third a LA psychic is just silly.Without the mag you get from using AA you dont stand a chance in killing a barb(most barbs i go againt in TW have over 30k hp)
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    From what I can tell from your posts, all you do is shoot your bh squads in the back and don't do any actual pvp.

Feel free to roll Harshlands sometime. I'm actually quite a carebear; After all, I'm originally from Dreamweaver.
    It's when you have two clerics in squad who instead of healing the tank and helping with tokens in 59, run ahead and then demand why it is we're taking so long as we get creamed via mob group.

There are only a few things that will make me attack you: Acting like an idiot in a BH is one of them. Attacking an ally of mine, be it in faction or otherwise, is another. Insulting a person or ganking them in PvP is another.

But of course, you read so well, am I right? If you had, you'd have known those clerics deserved it for running off and not helping out.

As far as actual PvP goes, I'm often spotted out around West Gate or Secret Passage, talking aloud to complete strangers and from time to time being stabbed in the back by assassins and shooting Red Tide at red named gankers. It's not really PvP, more like goofing around, but I'm more focused on actually hitting 100 by sometime around march or april. Maybe then I'll consider doing some 'real' PvP. (I humbly admit, I have killed Exta of Woodan with Red Tide. I'm rather proud of myself; he's a decent BM who's quite a few levels higher than me...I think 9x?)
  • kazkade
    kazkade Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Feel free to roll Harshlands sometime. I'm actually quite a carebear; After all, I'm originally from Dreamweaver.
    It's when you have two clerics in squad who instead of healing the tank and helping with tokens in 59, run ahead and then demand why it is we're taking so long as we get creamed via mob group.

There are only a few things that will make me attack you: Acting like an idiot in a BH is one of them. Attacking an ally of mine, be it in faction or otherwise, is another. Insulting a person or ganking them in PvP is another.

But of course, you read so well, am I right? If you had, you'd have known those clerics deserved it for running off and not helping out.

As far as actual PvP goes, I'm often spotted out around West Gate or Secret Passage, talking aloud to complete strangers and from time to time being stabbed in the back by assassins and shooting Red Tide at red named gankers. It's not really PvP, more like goofing around, but I'm more focused on actually hitting 100 by sometime around march or april. Maybe then I'll consider doing some 'real' PvP. (I humbly admit, I have killed Exta of Woodan with Red Tide. I'm rather proud of myself; he's a decent BM who's quite a few levels higher than me...I think 9x?)

well said
  • Psymal - Dreamweaver
    Psymal - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for the guide. b:pleased
  • Haken - Sanctuary
    Haken - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I like how this (sticky!) thread went 17 pages without someone fixing the typo in the title.

Thanks for the guide, though, was a good starting point.

@Born_Free's signature: F2P.
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    since i wasnt realy sure what kind of build to put on my Psy ive pretty much kept my skill points locked up waiting for new equipment that i need to reach the requiements for.

i have 52 skill points what should i do with them?

im level 40, with 117 mag, 5 vit, 20 str, and 30 dex.

edit: also if it might help with the placing of the points i have rank 2 armour
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
  • vexeddemon
    vexeddemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "Pros: High damage Nukes can easily take out most monsters without them reaching you. Not much of a need of potions or charms due to having high regeneration and not being hit most of the time. Great for early PvE. From my experience I have been wanted in parties for Vengeance and Silence."

I laughed. Hard.

I hope you're kidding when you say that Psychics don't need Charms and Pots, and that we have a very high regeneration rate. I must burn like 200 mana pots a day, and a 90k spirit charm lasts less than 24 hours.

Also, Soul of Vengeance is not so strong in parties, I'm assuming you want to cast it on the tank, but it will just get him to 0 mana in like 20 seconds. About Soul of Silence, well... The success rate of that Soul is about 3%, so there.

I couldn't agree more. In my early levels as a n00b psyc I was booted from parties for casting SOV on the barb. It drains their mp within a matter of a few seconds. (ESP: FC, TT, BH). I could only wish the psyc didn't use TONS of pots/charms rather quick. The psyc while being in my opinion the funest class. (some would argue veno/assasin) Is also one of the most expensive classes. So for people asking the question "Should I become a Psychic?" Ask yourself this question prior. "Can I afford to Cashshop or Spend 10$ a week on this character?" If you responded yes to this question. By all means. Get a Psychic! They are hella fun and you can pretty much out dmg anything. (I'm going to get flamed for that last comment.)

b:chuckle

Feel different?
    Tell me why. I love a good b:angry
    edited January 2011
    vexeddemon wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. In my early levels as a n00b psyc I was booted from parties for casting SOV on the barb. It drains their mp within a matter of a few seconds. (ESP: FC, TT, BH). I could only wish the psyc didn't use TONS of pots/charms rather quick. The psyc while being in my opinion the funest class. (some would argue veno/assasin) Is also one of the most expensive classes. So for people asking the question "Should I become a Psychic?" Ask yourself this question prior. "Can I afford to Cashshop or Spend 10$ a week on this character?" If you responded yes to this question. By all means. Get a Psychic! They are hella fun and you can pretty much out dmg anything. (I'm going to get flamed for that last comment.)

b:chuckle

Feel different?
    Tell me why. I love a good b:angry

10$ per week? lol, what on earth are u doing with all those money?
    are u getting a warsoul or something? XD

i never had problems with mana or hp pots; and i grinded till 49 and did my quests till 80.
    i dont remember buying pots or herbs; jsut the pots i got from grinding and the herbs i dug while grinding were enough.
    i wouldnt say that i had extraordinary gear (i was almost pure mag though)
    i never cashoped till lvl70 and the only time i used a mana charm it was a reward from a quest

my tips for grinding/questing:
    1)use apothecary to restore ur mana. when u are going to grinding for lot of time use the mp regen apothecary
    2)dont use soul of vengeance
    3)dont use chi skills- double spark to gain mana
    4)pick up everything, dig herbs (recovers mp and u can use them for more pots/apo)
    5)you dont have to grind non-stop; fly to a tree, meditate and go drink a glass of water:
    it benefits both ur irl health and ur characters mana/hp
    6)u can get mpregen gear since mobs shouldnt really touch u.
  • Silwyth - Sanctuary
    Silwyth - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sorry if this question has been asked but lots of pages and dont really wanna read through all the arguing lol

so im lvl 30 and i already cant get enough spirit to keep my skills upgraded and buy new ones, ive never had this problem on my archer, but i know clerics have a similar issue. does anyone have a suggestion as to how i can get enough spirit and keep my necessary skill upgraded? im not trying to upgrade skills like torrent, so far its useless.
  • DieselBlack - Lost City
    DieselBlack - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I play lvl80 psy and has had not one problem getting in Frost party in fact a good build psy can tank certain boss. I tanked Slither at 53 with my psy using white voodoo tho but really depends on build AA class ftw with white voodoo lvl'd and jones blessing you can pwn in pvp easy only class I had problems with so far is EP mainly plume shot. All in all Psy damage is great especially in aoe instances GV/Frost especially when they are pulling off 14-20k hits across the board and you throw in BMs dragon forget about itb:shocked
    edited January 2011
    sorry if this question has been asked but lots of pages and dont really wanna read through all the arguing lol

so im lvl 30 and i already cant get enough spirit to keep my skills upgraded and buy new ones, ive never had this problem on my archer, but i know clerics have a similar issue. does anyone have a suggestion as to how i can get enough spirit and keep my necessary skill upgraded? im not trying to upgrade skills like torrent, so far its useless.

at lvl 30 u will want to update the following skill:
    spirit blast, aqua impact
    black voodoo
    landslide
    2 masteries
    bubble of life

the only way to dain spirit but not exp is sage badges.
    there is a race, 2 times every day and if u complete it u get 1 badge of speed
    you can trade it for spirit. 10 badges make 1 sign and u can trade that for more spirit

check the encyclopedia > event to see when the race starts.
    to enter the race you should talk to the adventure assistance
    (actually i'm not sure if u can do the race with ur psy but u can certainly do it with ur barb)

the other badges are too expensive to use them just for spirit, even i u farm them urself.

i never really had a problem with spirit, maybe i died to much? XD
    u dont have to keep every skill maxed if u are doing quests u should be able to 2-3 shot the mobs anyway
  • tigerman1176
    tigerman1176 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    [QUOTE=
    Also, Soul of Vengeance is not so strong in parties, I'm assuming you want to cast it on the tank, but it will just get him to 0 mana in like 20 seconds. About Soul of Silence, well... The success rate of that Soul is about 3%, so there.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean 3% my psy is 62 and his is a little over 5% putting lvl 100 with 0 refine at about 10%. my psychic has 0 refine most lvl 100 have +5 or most of the time better
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    since i wasnt realy sure what kind of build to put on my Psy ive pretty much kept my skill points locked up waiting for new equipment that i need to reach the requiements for.

i have 52 skill points what should i do with them?

im level 40, with 117 mag, 5 vit, 20 str, and 30 dex.

edit: also if it might help with the placing of the points i have rank 2 armour

i still need help with this
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
  • Icyra - Raging Tide
    Icyra - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hi guys b:pleased i would like to know if the 300k set for psy gives to user a bonus how the 300k set for cleric or other classes gives. I am asking this cause the pwcalc dont shows bonus in this set for psy and sin b:sad

Ty and cya
  • Chanae - Harshlands
    Chanae - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Majority doesn't rigthful make. It doesn't mean that because everyone is doing it that it's the right thing to do.

Audience poll on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" the MAJORITY is right 99% of the time. Why? Because of combined knowledge and experience. Sins have the same arguement on their forums about adding VIT. Well, I too beleive pure build is better. More damage = opponent dead faster = I'm not getting hit = survivability. While grinding through the 30's I've found I'm 2 shotting mobs my lvl or less. Granted I'm using a +2 lvl 30 mold sharded and Jones Blessing + Black Voodoo. I'm also pure (1 str 9 mag/2 lvls).

Another benefit from this? I'm burning WAY less mana while grinding; not having to cast that 3rd spell on each mob is a HUGE benefit. I equipped a plat mp charm at lvl 15 and haven't even dented it yet as I pop a mana pot after every 4 mobs or so (you get 100 perfect manas from supply chest so i'm not burning my coin atm).

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm throwing in my own experience and PERSONAL opinion on why I feel pure build is the way to go. b:victory
  • silverrr88
    silverrr88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hi everyone. I used to play PW about 3 years ago n I forgot everything plus there are new chars. Could u please tell me how to give stats for psychic? YES I'VE READ 1ST PAGE!! But still I don't understand :) Don't want to make a pure att. I'd like to survive a bit longer than blink of an eye. Could you please help me?
  • vanderheer
    vanderheer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hi, I have a problem

I cant set my stat points (if I open the Character window, the bars are empty - no text, just a picture and nothing else)

and also my HP and MP bars seem to be empty - the numbers are changing, but the bar remain the same

Could you help me?
    Thanks
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    silverr88, you can use 1 str, 1/2 vit, 8/7 mag every other level if you like. A while back I was unsure if I should put points into vit or not. So I just did not place the points I would have put into vit -- I just left them unplaced (1 vit every level). Even with those unplaced points, I am a killing machine! Before you get the Landslide and Psychic Will and other survival skills, a little kiting helps if needed. Plus eventually you will be using sharding and refines to more efficiently increase your hp and pdef anyway so at that point, the points in vit, while the might be handy on the rare occasion, are better served in mag instead anyway.

vanderheer, I am unsure what your issue is as it seems more technical than gameplay related. Perhaps update or reinstall your graphics driver or the game client. Also the Tech Support Zone might be a better place to ask.

Hope I Helped ^^
  • DoomedGod - Archosaur
    DoomedGod - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I laughed. Hard.

even thought my Psychic not to high I can see that I spend much more mana pots on my psychic than on my wizzie
  • Ashamra - Lost City
    Ashamra - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the guide. Wish me luck! b:victory
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    even thought my Psychic not to high I can see that I spend much more mana pots on my psychic than on my wizzie

Personally, I only use about 3 or 4 Herb Yuanxiao per FC run, maybe 10 or so per 2-3 or 3-1 run, and I grind for free (mana-wise). Kill about 100+ mobs before I have to sit and meditate for a minute (yes, I grind every so often. What can I say, I'm old-fashioned).

Sage spark is beastly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]