Generalized Fashion Search in AH

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited November 2010 in Suggestion Box
You guys are obviously too lazy to update it, why not just let us look through all available fash in auction ourself? It works with mold/legendary/gold gears, why not fashion too?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Huh?

All is great with AH. Don't complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just put in the correct search term and it will come up .. capitalization is important.. e.g Gothic not gothic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    no, i think he suggests something i have suggested in the past too...
    (or thought about suggesting, lol)

right now, there are ~30 pants for example.
    you have to browse ALL of them:
    double click gothic pants
    double click ambassadors shorts
    etc etc

instead there will be an option to view ALL the pants
    just like u can view ALL the molds.

since there is a lot less fashion in the AH it wont be a long list.

yes, if u are looking for a certain piece it's ok;
    but it's like having one shop with only a certain shirt in various colors
    then another shop with a different shirt etc

so u have to visit 30 shops to view all the available shirts instead of going to one shop and browsing all the shirts.
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just put in the correct search term and it will come up .. capitalization is important.. e.g Gothic not gothic

Thank you, no wonder it has never, ever worked for me. I have to try that and see it for myself. I thought it was glitched.

And I totally agree with original posters idea. One list to encompass them all! That would make finding fashion SOOO much easier. You could just look and see whats for sale in a generalized Fashion field. No ferreting around through every single different category. I mean, C'MON! There is LOTS of fashion now. Searching each category is becoming very bad.

+1,000,000!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    perhaps if they added a basic set of filters to the main auction house list i.e tick boxes at the bottom so you could include or exclude items by ticking/unticking the boxes. They would have to build/maintain their database to allow more expansive groupings (Weapon category to include actual weapons AND molds for example)

e.g

Weapon[ ] Armour [ ] Ornament [ ] Fashion [ ] Mount [ ] Aero [ ] Materials [ ] Other

Or they could go even deeper and allow even more customisable search adding options as follows:

Weapon:
    [ ]Melee
    [ ]Ranged
    [ ]Arcane
    +
    [input box] Level Minimum (type in value to limit search to items at or above this level)

Armour:
    [ ]Heavy
    [ ]Light
    [ ]Arcane
    [ ]Robe
    [ ]Helm
    +
    [input box] Level Minimum (type in value to limit search to items at or above this level)

Ornament:
    [ ]Neck
    [ ]Belt
    [ ]Ring
    +

Fashion:
    [ ]Male
    [ ]Female

Mount:
    [ ]Normal
    [ ]Quick
    [ ]Swift

Aero:
    [ ]Human
    [ ]Elf
    [ ]Untamed
    [ ]Tideborn
    [ ]Earthguard

Materials:
    [ ]Lowest & Low
    [ ]Medium & High
    [ ]Special
    [ ]Twilight Temple
    [ ]Lunar Glade
    [ ]Nirvana

Other:
    [ ]Skill Books
    [ ]Pet Skill Books
    [ ]Tomes
    [ ]Other
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    it woulod also be nice if we could type in squad/world/fac chat whilst trying stuff on as it is you have to come out of the search / trying stuff on function to be able to chat to somebody thus makign it hard to go "hubbyyyy........... i can has?" whilst looking at the clothes on your toon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    perhaps if they added a basic set of filters to the main auction house list i.e tick boxes at the bottom so you could include or exclude items by ticking/unticking the boxes. They would have to build/maintain their database to allow more expansive groupings (Weapon category to include actual weapons AND molds for example)

This is a good one. However, as I have no programming/ coding skills, I'm not sure if this would be easy or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]