How about?

_Spot_ - Lost City
_Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
What if on dq points the gms put raptures and uncannys...

This will give mage class/non int players/vit barbs to also have a "way" to farm nirvana gears...

Plus many of the int/players make money be seling this crystals....

just a thougth b:bye
Post edited by _Spot_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There's is no interval restriction to enter Nirvana... nothing stopping non-int players to farm, just takes longer. My 5 APS +10 BM took 600 to 700 mil to gear up so it's not like free money is falling from the sky. God knows how long til I break even from farming.
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Most world chats on lost city is LF int dd for nirvana.....

I got a pure vit 100 barb who cant get any squad to do it cause im too slow.....

Since nirvana cast is pure grind(unless chest in packs) they could add this on dq system, more ppl will be grinding for dqs making pvp all over the map where the mobs are....

This will make the game like old days, casing gold to drop too..

grind dqs = player gets more coins= buy less gold = gold not selling = cheaper goldb:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    not a bad idea.
    another one is adding rapt/unc in delta..or a delta-like instance.
    and to make it "fair" make it hard enough to require ~600-700mil spend on gear to farm it efficiently

vit barbs win, aoe classes win, axe bms win, clerics win, pwi wins due to the new boutique item/pack addition. sins can go solo 3-3 and ding 105 b:avoid or add stuff to require stealth, maybe something like the race but with aggroing mobsb:chuckle

oh, and it doesnt have to be raptures/uncannies, it could be earth crystals or w/e...genesis :b
    Most world chats on lost city is LF int dd for nirvana.....

I got a pure vit 100 barb who cant get any squad to do it cause im too slow.....

Since nirvana cast is pure grind(unless chest in packs) they could add this on dq system, more ppl will be grinding for dqs making pvp all over the map where the mobs are....

This will make the game like old days, casing gold to drop too..

grind dqs = player gets more coins= buy less gold = gold not selling = cheaper goldb:victory

pretty much the same in DW, the int limit is 3.33-4.

i dont really see how more coins will drop gold prices though
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    not a bad idea.
    and to make it "fair" make it hard enough to require ~600-700mil spend on gear to farm it efficiently

vit barbs win, aoe classes win, axe bms win, clerics win, pwi

That or make instances class require......

Like barb/cleric/2 phisical dds/2 mag dds and all most be diferent race/class...

This way all get a chance to go and it will not be squads with 2 sins or 2 venos etc...
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    sins can go solo 3-3 and ding 105 or add stuff to require stealth

i think you are talking about frost and not 3-3 bosses can see us there cause some are 150lvl..

I dont think there nothing wrong with stealth, Kitamura(105 sin) worked pretty hard for it and she deserve it.....

plus the most experience on forst are on big pulls....
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    There's a very simple solution to Nirvana farming. Make your own squads and WC for members saying "all DDs welcome". Pretty sure there are decent amount of players with not-so-good gears. Of course it's going to take longer that way, but you'll still profit from it.

EDIT: Post number 2500. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010

EDIT: Post number 2500. b:chuckle

You forum hoe... Ah well add the posts from my old BM and I beat you b:cool.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    You forum hoe... Ah well add the posts from my old BM and I beat you b:cool.

Posting on the forums is more fun than AFKing in west/silver waiting for PK fights or responses to my teles. Finding a barb for anything at this hour sucks. b:surrender
    edited November 2010
    Like barb/cleric/2 phisical dds/2 mag dds and all most be diferent race/class...
    This way all get a chance to go and it will not be squads with 2 sins or 2 venos etc...

well, that is kinda unfair. the -int classes do most of the dmg.
    besides, there will be ways to bypass that id not all classes are required.
    sins can go solo 3-3 and ding 105 or add stuff to require stealth

i think you are talking about frost and not 3-3 bosses can see us there cause some are 150lvl..

I dont think there nothing wrong with stealth, Kitamura(105 sin) worked pretty hard for it and she deserve it.....

plus the most experience on forst are on big pulls....

no i dont think that Kitamura didnt work hard or stealth is a major problem/disadvantage.
    well it is a bit but that's what makes an assassin assassin.
    i merely mentioned fc and tt as alternative activities.. ofc in tt a sin doesnt have any major advantage from other -int classes (he does in fc though).

anyway, what i wanted to say is that it's not necessary for every class to have a use in the "new instance".

oh, and the "make your own squad", "no int requirement in nirv"...
    btw i can farm herbs or dq and make $$... ofc i can make $$
    keyword: slower

anyway, i dont really want to have another -int related discussion.

if you say that it's fair for some classes to became extremely useful in most instances (that actually are profitable, i dont see any delta farming...) while some other classes even if the spend a ton more money on gear etc are practically useless in most instances
    you are either a moron or hypocrite/greedy.
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    not a bad idea.

vit barbs win, aoe classes win, axe bms win, clerics win, pwi

and why is Barb and cleric are granted a spot each ? at the same time 3 phy DDs and 3 mag DDs has to fight for limited spots ??

and i agree with what Thanos said
    if you say that it's fair for some classes to became extremely useful in most instances (that actually are profitable, i dont see any delta farming...) while some other classes even if the spend a ton more money on gear etc are practically useless in most instances
    you are either a moron or hypocrite/greedy.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just make your own squads.

Will it be slower than farming with 5 aps DDs? of course.

But you can still farm it.

And you can always make a 5aps BM yourself, no one is stopping you.

inb4 "QQ IT'S NOT FAIR I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A NEW CHAR TO FARM"

There have always been certain classes and builds that are better for farming than other classes. This will always hold true.

Before packs everyone wanted a veno with a herc to farm with. All the high levels had a veno alt with a herc that they used to farm. Now it's just changed to a high attack speed BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As state before, take action and either...

-Make an -int farmer char
    -Form Nirv squads asking for -int, is it called leeching? Up to you...
    -Form a normal squad because Nirv does NOT need -int to farm it.

-int is waaaaay hyped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2010
    Just make your own squads.

Will it be slower than farming with 5 aps DDs? of course.

But you can still farm it.

And you can always make a 5aps BM yourself, no one is stopping you.

inb4 "QQ IT'S NOT FAIR I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A NEW CHAR TO FARM"

There have always been certain classes and builds that are better for farming than other classes. This will always hold true.

Before packs everyone wanted a veno with a herc to farm with. All the high levels had a veno alt with a herc that they used to farm. Now it's just changed to a high attack speed BM.
    As state before, take action and either...

-Make an -int farmer char
    -Form Nirv squads asking for -int, is it called leeching? Up to you...
    -Form a normal squad because Nirv does NOT need -int to farm it.

-int is waaaaay hyped up.

yup. cause have dps 3 times higher than a +12 warsoul, full DoT sharded gear selected purely for DPS is not such a big deal.

you are missing the point.
    it's not that there are no "solutions"
    but they are the equivalent of
    1)fly and then drop down to fix rubberbanding (gl if u are in an instance: drop squad, got tele'd out and re-enter [lunar])
    2)just dont look the duke spam, log out when most ppl open packs, use vent
    3)get pink fashion for your barb if u are a girl or make a veno name imaboy
    4)dont go to west arch due to lag
    5)use the market in your advantage to benefit from the rising gold prices/buy gold a week before
    etc etc etc

it "fixes" the problem but it nerfs the pleasure u get from the game.
    not everybody wants to study the economy of the game to make profit, not everybody wants to make a -int char to farm.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    QQ

QQ

QQ

b:sadb:surrenderb:cry

There are many "fixes" to this and other problems, but the "fixes" inhibit the pleasure we take from game (as mentioned by Thanos).

Unfortunately, I find it that the problems are mostly created by the players themselves. Some people are greedy as heck, some are plain dumb, and some ... well some heard something from a friend and they believe it as the ONLY good way out.

The -int requirements for Nirvana are ridiculous. I mean, sure, the instance goes faster, but, but.. do you only think about yourself? More balanced squads would cause more players to enjoy the game play, more lvling people, more higher lvls with good gear competing with each other in PvP.. oh.. yea... no1 wants to have ANY competition...

The wc for squads are getting more and more stupid every day. Int everywhere! HH/TT - int, Nirvana, int, etc. Also, apparently in order to run an fb89 you have to be 100 now lol!!!! In the past week I've seen many shouts for fb89... 95+... Umm... why??? 1st, it can be done with a squad of lvl 89s (and even lower), 2nd, you're nerfing your drops. The more 10x you have in squad... the less drops you get (to be exact, the lower the drop rate).

People are just getting spoiled. Sure, I ran some instances with 10x people with nice int gear, and it was.... godly lol (depends on the player's skills too). If I get into squads with them, cool, if I don't, I don't complain. Whereas some people, when once taste the speed of the runs... they whine and b***h about it... Oh boo-hoo....

Wait.. what was this thread about? Oh!!! Dq rewards are still in progress and there is a thread (in suggestion box?) where you can add your ideas for the rewards. Go ahead, write this one down. It really does suck to have those fluffy, cuddly tigers walking around with their tails hanging low...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Lol im not QQ im just giving a thought i have...

Has u can see on my avatar i play a sin now ihonestly i dont care if i got to nirvana or not, was just a thing they could add on dq points wich cold get ppl outside of instance , and every class could do it even with lousy gear....

PS: i dont have bad gear, im not poor,IM NOT QQing............

Now farm more blue name...b:bye
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    What I'm confused about is: You already have 5 aps, why do you need to farm anymore?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    QQ

QQ

QQ

b:sadb:surrenderb:cry

There are many "fixes" to this and other problems, but the "fixes" inhibit the pleasure we take from game (as mentioned by Thanos).

Unfortunately, I find it that the problems are mostly created by the players themselves. Some people are greedy as heck, some are plain dumb, and some ... well some heard something from a friend and they believe it as the ONLY good way out.

The -int requirements for Nirvana are ridiculous. I mean, sure, the instance goes faster, but, but.. do you only think about yourself? More balanced squads would cause more players to enjoy the game play, more lvling people, more higher lvls with good gear competing with each other in PvP.. oh.. yea... no1 wants to have ANY competition...

The wc for squads are getting more and more stupid every day. Int everywhere! HH/TT - int, Nirvana, int, etc. Also, apparently in order to run an fb89 you have to be 100 now lol!!!! In the past week I've seen many shouts for fb89... 95+... Umm... why??? 1st, it can be done with a squad of lvl 89s (and even lower), 2nd, you're nerfing your drops. The more 10x you have in squad... the less drops you get (to be exact, the lower the drop rate).

People are just getting spoiled. Sure, I ran some instances with 10x people with nice int gear, and it was.... godly lol (depends on the player's skills too). If I get into squads with them, cool, if I don't, I don't complain. Whereas some people, when once taste the speed of the runs... they whine and b***h about it... Oh boo-hoo....

Wait.. what was this thread about? Oh!!! Dq rewards are still in progress and there is a thread (in suggestion box?) where you can add your ideas for the rewards. Go ahead, write this one down. It really does suck to have those fluffy, cuddly tigers walking around with their tails hanging low...
    People who spend hundreds of millions of coins on -interval gears have a right to go with whomerver they want. I didn't break my bank and save up for months to get high aps just to run with some mage who more likely than not has a +3 TT90 wep.

The fact is, the game is, taking people without high aps is a burden and makes the runs go slow.

Are you saying I should spend more time in nirvana, are you saying I should make less money, just because some people would rather complain about people having higher DPS and being more useful in squads than roll a -interval BM?

What I'm confused about is: You already have 5 aps, why do you need to farm anymore?

Refines

Shards

Charms

New gears

New weapons

level 11 skills

take your pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I just think its lame that ll these int bms, sins, barbs etc farm their gear fast, and when it comes to using it where it matters (pvp, tw) they're bored. no one apart from other int chars to challenge them. If every squad was ballanced, and you helped those without Int, end game would actually prove to be more fun.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Agreed with Shev.
    edited November 2010
    People who spend hundreds of millions of coins on -interval gears have a right to go with whomerver they want. I didn't break my bank and save up for months to get high aps just to run with some mage who more likely than not has a +3 TT90 wep.

The fact is, the game is, taking people without high aps is a burden and makes the runs go slow.

Are you saying I should spend more time in nirvana, are you saying I should make less money, just because some people would rather complain about people having higher DPS and being more useful in squads than roll a -interval BM?

Refines

Shards

Charms

New gears

New weapons

level 11 skills

take your pick.

Agreed.

Took about 4 months for my to reach my current 5.0 build. I totally deserve a cookie for that. >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree with Shev as well. Ive played wiz, bm, barb, cleric, now archer. BM was -int (not all out, I do have bills to pay like a responsible adult), and I am slooowly working on -int archer.

The base of this game is balance.

Now sure, wolf-dude who admitted that he broke his bank and saved up, thats good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

BUT

When it comes to basic game play, such as Nirvana.....it should be balanced among those who can charge out the yin yang, those who moderately and responsibly charge, and those who play for free.

Now honestly? -int may be super sweet, but this game is going to fail miserably if PWE doesnt realize that end-game wizards, psychics and clerics are rare to find, unless they swipe their credit cards' black stripe off the plastic (metaphorically speaking, ofc, considering they aren't actually "swiping" it).

Anyway, long story short, I agree with putting raptures/uncannies as a DQ reward. This would cause people to grind/zhen a lot more, people on PvP servers would def. have a increase in PK (causing people to buy more charms/dolls/packs w/e), gold MIGHT come down, due to the slight increase of coin (thats entirely debatable [best luck of token discussion anyone?])

But imbalance is imbalance and unfair is unfair, when you cut it down to the bone.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010

Rest of your post was correct but this is not true. The game and it's earning method has always been based on making something unbalanced and OP. Be it Rank 8/Nirvana wizards, 5 aps classes, herc/nix venos etc.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010

This will give mage class/non int players/vit barbs to also have a "way" to farm nirvana gears...

I think is a good idea
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Kehrendorh
    While I would agree with you, no business would work the way you mention. The whole point of a business organization is to make money. Implementing stuff that lowers their revenues isnt going to help really. Despite this game being heavily cash shop oriented at endgame lvls there is no restriction on spending on the boutique. Not spending just meant that you are at a disadvantage compared to those who do spend. There is nothing you can do for this.

Even in p2p games where there is no cash shop and everything is farmable and balanced, certain classes always have advantage over others in some scenarios (some bein extremely big). A had a knight in another game and while it is extremely gear reliant and damn expensive to maintain, it could solo/duo (without a cleric even) almost all dungeons provided its been adequately equipped which other classes could not do no matter how much you spend on them. The downside however is the expense and damage output.

As for the idea on putting raptures and uncannies on the DQ list, that would essentially remove the whole level requirement on it. At present, its restricted to level 100+, if you put it in DQ point system, then even a lowly lvl3x char can get it <.<.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I think its a pretty good idea, obviously it shouldn't be cheap but i mean you can even get Rank9 badges with DQ points, why not Raps and Cannys? Nirvana drops arent more special/valuable than anything else in the game really. Knowing PWI you would probably have to grind for a week to get one crystal but it would still be kinda nice for casual players that doesn't have pve build farming character to their disposal.

And yes its pretty much impossible for a wiz or a psy to get into a Nirvana party today, unless you have really cool friends and spend half the day trying to make a party yourself. Even if you spent 10 times more than any assassin on your char and have full +10 stuff you still wont get invited since you have **** DPS. Saying anything different is just stupid.

I do find it very amusing reading WC always looking for ONLY 4-5 aps Sin/BM - when i know the partyleader himself is like a veno with +1 weapon, cleric with 4k hp that will be permadead or some trash archer with a Dragonbow Nameless. Still they expect to get a high interval squad to leech from and they often succeed lol. So yes by being very forward, annoying and persistent you can get away with a lot.
    edited November 2010
    It can be a nice idea, however, these canny/rapts will be untradable, which I know is fine with a handful of ppl.

However...knowing that, you get the haters to hate even more because they can't sell the mats to make nice money for other things, like refines, shards, etc. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    I agree with Shev as well. Ive played wiz, bm, barb, cleric, now archer. BM was -int (not all out, I do have bills to pay like a responsible adult), and I am slooowly working on -int archer.

Now sure, wolf-dude who admitted that he broke his bank and saved up, thats good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

BUT

When it comes to basic game play, such as Nirvana.....it should be balanced among those who can charge out the yin yang, those who moderately and responsibly charge, and those who play for free.

Now honestly? -int may be super sweet, but this game is going to fail miserably if PWE doesnt realize that end-game wizards, psychics and clerics are rare to find, unless they swipe their credit cards' black stripe off the plastic (metaphorically speaking, ofc, considering they aren't actually "swiping" it).

Anyway, long story short, I agree with putting raptures/uncannies as a DQ reward. This would cause people to grind/zhen a lot more, people on PvP servers would def. have a increase in PK (causing people to buy more charms/dolls/packs w/e), gold MIGHT come down, due to the slight increase of coin (thats entirely debatable [best luck of token discussion anyone?])

But imbalance is imbalance and unfair is unfair, when you cut it down to the bone.
    Make an alt to farm on, this is nothing new.

There are plenty of high level psys and mages on my server with good gears, and they don't all cash shop nonstop. (only three of em)

They do however, have BM/Sin/Archer/Barb alts that they use to farm on.

People have been doing it for years, just stop QQing, bite the bullet, and get a high APS alt.

As much as people hate to admit it, it is balanced. I'm not the one with a skill that allows him to one shot an entire group of people from 30 meters away without putting myself in danger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2010

a big part of you so called free to play players are not playing smart... some of you can even be described as playing stupid. It doesn't take much to get cash shop equivalent gears. If memory serves... i spent exactly $110 usd on the same (charged 120, but 10 went to a friend because we decided to split a 20 dollar charge one time)... my in game wife may have spent like 20 usd (we share everything in game). And my gear now is probably above that of around 95% of the server population. And this is after SEVERAL very costly impulse buy mistakes... most notably the 8k socket stones that went to socket my cv.

you non aps users need to either suck it up or run with other non aps users. the vast majority of you refuse to run with anyone with less then 4 aps... and yet complain not being able to get a nirv squad. and as full disclosure... my archer is bow ONLY... and yet i can out damage mid refine aps users... and GET asked to nirv. so maybe its time to stop complaining and take a good look at your character.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010

How about restating your point like this:

When it comes to basic game play, such as Territory War.....it should be balanced among those who can charge out the yin yang, those who moderately and responsibly charge, and those who play for free.

I think a BM should be able to one-shot a whole squad of people at 30m too. PWI is so unbalanced...

Actually the sick and twisted truth is that there is balance. It's not just balanced in all aspects in all areas. Where one class is stronger in one aspect, it's weaker in others. That's called variety and there is balance. However, people always like to cry about their weaknesses without giving any merit to their strengths.

There is no -interval requrement for Nirvana, as has been said, start your own parties. Ask in faction chat or World Chat "Nirvana party seeking ANY DDers" and you'll form your own parties and be able to accomplish something. Chances are you'll find a number of interval users that will even want to come, just to get a squad. Except, you're too busy QQing about interval classes that you don't end up actually accomplishing anything but whining.

Not doing it and complaining "well, BMs and Sins can do it faster" is just -interval envy or -interval rage.

I have no problem bringing casters with me... a veno to debuff and amp or a barb to devour are certainly welcome in my farming parties... but when I see a 10x with +2 90 green and a +3 99 gold weapon raging about interval users... they don't realize that an interval user may have as much time, effort or money invested in just their tome than someone else has in their character's full set... and them expecting to farm equally is just childish and ignorant.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

No, just you will soon find out you're bored like a certain "game is alive person" and many others. Also, what Shevanel below said.

I just think its lame that ll these int bms, sins, barbs etc farm their gear fast, and when it comes to using it where it matters (pvp, tw) they're bored. no one apart from other int chars to challenge them. If every squad was ballanced, and you helped those without Int, end game would actually prove to be more fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]