- movement debuff immunity makes immun to knockback
i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
Post edited by Regenbogen - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think -movement debuff immunity should be changed to -movement immunity buff.
    Well maybe your idea can work, but be prepared for incoming QQ. b:pleased
    Good luck, bye. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think -movement debuff immunity should be changed to -movement immunity buff.
    Well maybe your idea can work, but be prepared for incoming QQ. b:pleased
    Good luck, bye. b:thanks

stun,freeze,sleep,slow are movement debuffs so its a "movement debuff immunity"-buff and every melee class got at least one of these...b:scorn
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sorry but usually Immunity Buff known as buff that make de buff won't work . . b:laugh
    And of course i know almost every melee class has it, even with current translate seeker seem also will have it. :)
    But up to you, no real rules for it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This sounds like a good idea in theory, till you remember that it works for everyone. All of a sudden people have another thing to call hax and QQ about, and we have quite enough of that.

Let's just leave this one how it is.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b:spit no
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most games have knockback that works in both pvp and pve. Considering how pretty much everyone has holypath/teleport I doubt it would change balance much.
    Movement immunity should make you immune to knockback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hell no , it's gonna make the melee classes almost useless in TW , and much weaker in other pvp as well .

It's all about LoL,yo.
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I completly agree with TMP, melee class would be useless, think if an archer uses Wings of Protection - or whatever that multi-knockback skill is- It would make us melee class doing our job, useless in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i think you need to enable our barbs demon roar in pvp outside of instance again
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    When I first played I was surprised knockback had no effect in PVP as it is odd for a skill to behave completely differently in PVE and PVP.

The reason why Knockback doesn't work is not because of any balance issue (we have seen time and time again the dev's don't care at all about class balance). It is because it would require some sort of complex programming to do it nicely.

Can you imagine the developers of this game getting it to work without any kind of glitching or rubberbanding? These are the same devs who haven't fixed the magic shell buff for years. The devs who havent fixed the 1k bug in RB. The devs who never really thought about what would happen if someone were to get a full -int build.

They havent even fixed skill cancel glitching.

Knockback could be enabled for PVP in a way that's right. PWI devs are unwilling to put in the effort or incapable of accomplishing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited November 2010
    Options
    When I first played I was surprised knockback had no effect in PVP as it is odd for a skill to behave completely differently in PVE and PVP.

The reason why Knockback doesn't work is not because of any balance issue (we have seen time and time again the dev's don't care at all about class balance). It is because it would require some sort of complex programming to do it nicely.

Can you imagine the developers of this game getting it to work without any kind of glitching or rubberbanding? These are the same devs who haven't fixed the magic shell buff for years. The devs who havent fixed the 1k bug in RB. The devs who never really thought about what would happen if someone were to get a full -int build.

These ^ End of Discussion . . b:shutup
    o.o wonder if they actually intend it to be use able in pvp actually . . but can't find good way to do it, guess rubber band one of the problems

A solution creating another problem b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

If they ever do I think we'll have a shortage of pvp build BM's. They all be quitting lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sins without power dash cancel is also a great factor, Wait a minute, most sins don't know that.. oops.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    knockbacks long cooldowns balance them out. Plus mele classes have speed buffs, and movement debuff immunity skills.

Knockbacks won't imbalance PvP, if anything it's a nice counter for -int and stealth ganking imo.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is not advertising of some sort but W o W has very nice knockback and pull skills. A melee class has the ability to throw a steel claw on a chain to pull a ranged class next to him, which is AWESOME. Then again another class just knocks other people down a hole in PvP, as they will die instantly there. The mechanics work flawless, it is just confusing getting pulled or knocked back.
    I do not see any inbalance, BM can leap, Sin can port and barb has Tiger form.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good job everyone, now we only need to make developer agree to these and start working on it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hell no , it's gonna make the melee classes almost useless in TW , and much weaker in other pvp as well .
    I completly agree with TMP, melee class would be useless . . . It would make us melee . . . useless in TW.

Yea, i know. And as bm's, I know you wouldn't want anything to cause one class or another to be "almost useless" or "much weaker" in any particular aspect of the game, would you?
    Knockbacks won't imbalance PvP, if anything it's a nice counter for -int and stealth ganking imo.

Oh yea, -interval kinda did that for wizards in TT/Nirvana.

I assume I can have TMP's and James's signatures on my petition to ban -interval gear from the game, although I don't think I'll hold my breath.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yes, because it will add more strategy in pvp.
  • Mikamii - Lost City
    Mikamii - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All of the melee classes have stuns. Why shouldn't the Range Classes have a knockback? We can stun lock them...Sure they have one or 2 stuns, but they don't compare to the melee classes. Also, if they're revamping the original six classes in the upcoming expansion, who to say knockbacks wont be installed? =P
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, if they're revamping the original six classes in the upcoming expansion, who to say knockbacks wont be installed? =P

Revamp, yes.

Nerf, no.

Because fishes are OP already, nerfing the original classes would do the exact opposite of what we want xD. And I see the nerf rain coming upon 5.0 >_>.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, if they're revamping the original six classes in the upcoming expansion, who to say knockbacks wont be installed? =P

Says who? Where?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think Knockback aoe-skills like dunno Slam, Will of the Phoenix, Meteor Rush and even genie skills Earthquake would lag the hell out of the server if it worked similar in PvP.

Dont think the PWI client would be able to hold up at all if 20-40 players got knocked backed simultaneously.

In-game balance is already dysfunctional so i doubt enable knockback would make a bigger difference. Maybe clerics, venos would get a bit screwed since they cant knock back anything at all lol. Wizards, psy and archers having knock back skills with really short cooldown would be winners.

Every class can get a genie skill with knockback anyway. Chaining knockback would be the new stun lock. Would certainly be fun seeing people flying backwards 12-20 meters lol.
  • Innamorata - Harshlands
    Innamorata - Harshlands Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    O yes, make archers OP
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sure, as long as you make a skill like BM Demon Roar 100% success rate as it states. It should override any anti-stun or anti-movement buffs. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As much as I like the idea but there should be a pull in or something in pvp.

GET OVER HERE!!! Scorpion style b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As much as I like the idea but there should be a pull in or something in pvp.

GET OVER HERE!!! Scorpion style b:laugh

It's not like they will ever have a class with a magnet skill. hail naw
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's not like they will ever have a class with a magnet skill. hail naw

^ New class idea b:shutup (not new race)
    anyway i think the thread idea is nice, but need dev confirmation b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sure, as long as you make a skill like BM Demon Roar 100% success rate as it states. It should override any anti-stun or anti-movement buffs. b:pleased

it is succesful...until the buff activates .0001 seconds after it takes affect, and cancels it out b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Skill canceling isn't the glitch because skills are canceled by pressing the escape button. The glitch is buffs proc'ing BEFORE the skill is used; not the cancel itself.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mystic seem going to have pvp enabled knock back b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]