Is TW Rewards still the cause of inflation?

Sun_Burn - Lost City
Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
If you remember reading a while back something about pwi cares about our gold prices and watching it carefully, working on lowering it.. etc etc.. back when TW changes were implemented..
We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

Someone care to comment on 800k-900k gold prices we see today?

Im not so mad that gold prices continue to skyrocket, what upsets me is all the BS that spews from PWI's lips.

looks like that whole "TW Reward was responsible for high gold prices" just keeps getting proved wrong. It couldnt possibly be due to the current trend of sales with packs.

on a side note: I like how quickly my other thread got locked, but I guess that's easier than admitting lies were made to the community.

signed - a concerned pwi player.
Post edited by Sun_Burn - Lost City on

Comments

• WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    well to be honest it isnt only packs

D Orb Ocean
    Wedding Packs
    D Orbs 1*

and whatever else is on sale. I would love for someone to comment, but dont hold your breath on that actually happening.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I would love for a GM to comment, but dont hold your breath on that actually happening.

think that's what you meant, and I agree. Let's see em face the music.

Btw: if a GM can actually admit that inflation is caused by packs/sales, they will give me hope that this game can be saved.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The gold prices right have nothing to do with TW. It has to do with F2P consumers being willing to pay a ****-ton of coins for gold. The TW issue had to do with a coin sink, i.e. PWI thinking there's too many coins in the market, which correlates to the DQ price far more than their "botting in other versions" explanation. Of course, the 10m note still remains, so.. I don't think they sincerely care that much.
    edited November 2010
    Since logging on

7 Perfect Tokens

so about 34.9 mil worth of coins coming from no where

that is more than Outlaw, Amp or Legendary would have got for TW pay
  • Araag - Lost City
    Araag - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The gold prices right have nothing to do with TW. It has to do with F2P consumers being willing to pay a ****-ton of coins for gold. The TW issue had to do with a coin sink, i.e. PWI thinking there's too many coins in the market, which correlates to the DQ price far more than their "botting in other versions" explanation. Of course, the 10m note still remains, so.. I don't think they sincerely care that much.

the 10m notes are just the top of the iceberg. Many people are beginning to npc tokens for 10k now. In a few month coins will mean nothing, if you want to be compatitive (in terms of pvp) you'll have to charge zen on a monthly basis.
    edited November 2010
    in 30 minutes 39.4 mil coins out of no where

if that trend continues

In 1 hour: 69.8 mil
    in 24 hours: 1 675 billion
    in 7 days: 11 725 billion

yep. TW is the cause of inflation
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010

if that trend continues

Yeah sure. Every totally has your luck. There's no complaining everyday about only getting tokens.
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Yeah sure. Every totally has your luck. There's no complaining everyday about only getting tokens.

lol? I dont open packs ty.

I like packs in general other than 2 perfects for a instant 10 mil
  • Krue/ - Lost City41
    Krue/ - Lost City41 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010

if that trend continues

This b:bye

But honestly, why would the GM's admit to this being the real problem? I mean the GM's don't control whats sold in the cash shop... Its PWE themselves who don't care about the problem.

TW produced less then 1billion coins a week while packs themselves produce, as said, roughly 11billion coins a week. Will that problem change? lol no.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »

He just read the red announcements.

To be honest, if only the gold prices go up it doesn't mean there has been any kind of inflation (yes, there is very bad inflation going on atm but it wouldn't necessarily have to be so) for the gold prices to go up.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited November 2010
    count 10 so far.

100 mil

Total in less than a hour 134.9 million

144.9 now

154.9 now

164.9 2 minutes to go

179.8 in one hour
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If you want to get the staff's attension you have to get enough people to respond to it
    Fail troll of harshlands
    edited November 2010
    If you want to get the staff's attension you have to get enough people to respond to it

You mean like the 300+ page thread when packs first came out. how did that work out. they are still there.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You mean like the 300+ page thread when packs first came out. how did that work out. they are still there.

well then there is nothing that can be done b:chuckle
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    GMs are paid by PWE to stay shut.

GMs are paid by PWE to tell everyone that everything is cool and happy!

GMs wont ever answer to this, they will just close this thread if something against the rule is said. They're just waiting and hoping for that.

All this reminds me of what's happening in italian government and public information.

Mafia b:pleased
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I've been buying and selling packs and making good coin at it for quite some time, and as such I may have some (obvious) insight. The price of gold (in coins) is tied directly to the cost of packs. We never really quite noticed the importance of this, because packs were usually set at 50 for 45 gold. They would go away, gold drops to 350k, they come back and it's back to 400k. Every once in a great while packs were cheaper, which caused gold to soar to mid-500k range.

The point is, the cost of a pack has fluctuated somewhere around the 320k price range (Dreamweaver), while the price in gold for a pack has gone from 90 cents, down to .675 cents, and finally 45 cents now. Important part: the cost for packs, in coin, has not fluctuated much at all

What I figured out a while ago is to find what the actual "value" of a pack is, based on approximate non-token prizes and chances. Every so often, my cost for purchasing is actually a fair bit lower than the "value," and so I bust until I hit profit. While the system isn't perfect, there are enough people doing the same thing, that the cost of a pack has largely become fixed; the only change is based on different prices for packs in the boutique.

I wonder what would happen if they made packs cost $1.50 instead? If lowering the gold price of packs drives gold prices up, would increasing the cost bring gold prices down?b:question

Discuss.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the only thing to discuss is that PW has basically boiled down to how much money the company can scam from it's players.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I think the only thing to discuss is that PW has basically boiled down to how much money the company can scam from it's players.

They WANTED gold prices to go up, so ppl are more forced to cash shop real money if they really want golds. When they said that gold prices where broke, they meant that they were TOO LOW lol

Now they reached their GOAL, so they can finally apply this:

"We here at Perfect World Entertainment would like to extend a very special Black Friday offer to you. For a limited time, you can purchase any amount of ZEN and receive an additional 20% Bonus ZEN FREE!"

PLUS

Boutique sale

EQUAL

"OMG too many ppl realized that we're not paying anyone to work on this game, let's just scam away all the money we can and flee b:shocked"

"LOLLOLLROFLROFLSBROFLROTFL"
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    careful, get to close to attacking the TOBL -> 10M note issue, and the topic will be burried somewhere that no-one will pay it any attention

|
    |
    \|/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    careful, get to close to attacking the TOBL -> 10M note issue, and the topic will be burried somewhere that no-one will pay it any attention
    *arrow to sig*

Sad to say, this will not happen. When the TW change was first announced, several of us called BS on the supposed "reasons" right away, and I along with a few others pushed very hard to get the 10mil Note removed from TOBL exchange.

After a couple weeks, a GM (Frankie, I think?) finally replied in thread, stating the option had been presented to the Devs and essentially dismissed. There is no actual interest in fixing coin inflation, merely shifting it to a system based on cash-shop sales and increasing profit. I'm sure this is readily apparent to everyone by now.

You could debate whether this is the fault of the Developers in China, or that of the marketing and administration here in the US (I placed mine already, a fact PWE would prefer forgotten and swept under the rug), but there's little to be gained from knowing who is intentionally **** you if you're still willing to let it continue - and that vote was cast long ago by thousands of credit cards, the only thing PWE is still listening to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the 10m notes are just the top of the iceberg. Many people are beginning to npc tokens for 10k now. In a few month coins will mean nothing, if you want to be compatitive (in terms of pvp) you'll have to charge zen on a monthly basis.

That worries me too. Too many tokens that can't be sold because there are too many. Tokens should cost 7k now or less. However that option to npc the tokens keeps them artificially at 10k. If PW cares about the in-game economy they should eliminate that option.
  • towermaster1
    towermaster1 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Would you rather discuss how prices of Real Gold in RL instead?

The company is no worse than the US government.

In 1971, the price of gold = USD $35 per ounce.

Then come the change in US economy policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_Shock

To quote:
    "...the (US) Federal Reserve is not obliged to tie the dollar to anything. It can print as much or as little money as it deems appropriate"

Price of (real) gold today is USD $1374.26 per ounce (and fluctuating)

http://goldprice.org/30-year-gold-price-history.html
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    IMO PWE does not care for it's players thus they are always movin on and creating different MMO's to host as F2P with cash-shop system implemented.
    Pretty much milking the idiots who are willin to play until the game dies.
    and they move on to a different game.

Example: Players movin from PWI →To→ FW→Soon→Swordsman Online→AND so on.

IMO that is genius b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Akyeno - Heavens Tear
    Akyeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    IMO PWE does not care for it's players thus they are always movin on and creating different MMO's to host as F2P with cash-shop system implemented.
    Pretty much milking the idiots who are willin to play until the game dies.
    and they move on to a different game.

Example: Players movin from PWI →To→ FW→Soon→Swordsman Online→AND so on.

IMO that is genius b:chuckle

I for one already have thought it through and I also must admit PWI's money making strategy is pure genius. Of course I am not agreeing with their methods, but their planning is perfect in how the money comes to them, and then goes back to the actual player, basically by controlling the in game economy, they also control their profits. Although it would be nice if PW did for once consider the player a little bit moreb:surrender.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    That worries me too. Too many tokens that can't be sold because there are too many. Tokens should cost 7k now or less. However that option to npc the tokens keeps them artificially at 10k. If PW cares about the in-game economy they should eliminate that option.

which tokens are you talking about becus ive allrdy put a regular token in the sell part of the npc menu and it said 0 it wasnt worth a thing so how the hell are players selling them for 10kb:question
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • foruname
    foruname Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    which tokens are you talking about becus ive allrdy put a regular token in the sell part of the npc menu and it said 0 it wasnt worth a thing so how the hell are players selling them for 10kb:question

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=924702
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    foruname wrote: »

tyvmb:dirty well i got stuff to do *starts collecting all my chars tokens on each of them*b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle