little help here

alarrasha
alarrasha Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Support Desk
I've been trying the past several hours to download and install this game. So far all i've succeeded in doing is placing files either into a download document which has done nothing or put them on my desktop which all it does is gives me every single file from the download and doesn't let me do anything with them. I have windows Vista and i have been told to try differant things but it seems that those options given in the technical support page aren't helping. I was wondering am i supposed to click on one of those files and it installs the game? Beacause i'm getting no .Exe files with these downloads as far as i've seen and this is the only game i've had problems downloading since i got the computer. Any help would be appreciated as i have done everything i can think of and still have had zero luck.
Post edited by alarrasha on

Comments

• Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    " http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download/client
    To enjoy Perfect World International you need to install the client."
    This is the exe file you need to run.
    "The game client is a large file and may take several hours to download. " You must wait till whole file is downloaded.
  • alarrasha
    edited November 2010
    thank you :) i'll see if that works. The major issue i have seen with this download is it shows up on my computer as files but when i got to download the install exe it doesn't do anything. I doubt its the firewall on my computer nor do i think its the fact i have what i have been told is a "less disirable" Operating System. I will try this link out and see what kind of results i get :)
  • alarrasha
    edited November 2010
    The client is not allowing me to install the game itself. Evidently i'm not meant to play this game lol. But i appreciate the assistance. I don't know if its my OS or the exe file isn't working but i've not had much luck in downloading this game :(
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    The installer takes forever to actually open... don't try to open it like 50 times and it will eventually come up with the installer window
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    the adding files to your desktop seems a bit like the torrent download instead of the full client download. but with you not mentioning zip files or .rar files it seems less likely for that to be the issue.

You said the installer was not starting so I assume you have a install app/exe now?

if so my only 2 suggestions with the given info & Vista

Even though you said you don't think it is firewall add an exception for the game just incase that is the issue.

And before trying to run the installer, right click it, go to properties & check run as administrator, then apply.

then right click the installer again, for extra measure & click the run as admin option in the right-click menu.

Optionally in properties / compatibility you might try running in compatibility with XP service pack 2

good luck & best wishes, cause this is a great game b:victory
  • alarrasha
    edited November 2010
    Hmm...well the install exe icon is available and when i go to properties to change the service pack it does nothing. I've done enough with this game that i think it just can't run on this computer. I don't know if that has anything to do with Windows Vista or not but they still all save onto my PC as seperate files instead of continuing to download. Then i go to run as administrator for the install exe and it doesn't seem to do anything. I might be able to play a differant version of the game just not the international game. Because i found another version, i don't know if there is a differance i'm just assuming. Its the same game other than the title of it. So maybe i can play that one instead.