Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mirage pay for TW's was so that you couldnt afford apoth/charms/skills and you had to resort to either farming or charging to pay for TW's.

TW pay in no way contributed to inflation.
    The amount of coins pumped out by packs per day > coins pumped out by TW's in a week.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So I used Live Chat to make a Suggestion. Cause well they have a option for Suggestion.

I was talked to rude. Apparently even though they have a option for suggestions they dont like people giving them out.

bet it was frankie xD
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Wake up. Your suggestions don't matter and it will not affect the main aspects of this game. People you talked to or will be talking to are not in charge.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    TW pay in no way contributed to inflation.
    The amount of coins pumped out by packs per day > coins pumped out by TW's in a week.
    And yet servers that didn't get anniversary-type packs and never had any sales had gold upto 1.5m selling price. b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    volst wrote: »
    And yet servers overrun with bot-farmers that didn't get anniversary-type packs and never had any sales had gold upto 1.5m selling price. b:bye

Fixed it for you. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Man, that fish and volst are trolling hard.
  • Krue/ - Lost City42
    Krue/ - Lost City42 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Man, that fish and volst are trolling hard.

Such pro trolling
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Putting hyper exp stones into an npc shop for 100k each and removing them from boutique would make a great coin sink.
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Well, here only one solution: more content which need coins. For example, new race eat some for skill learning, etc. Also some boutique items can be moved from boutique to NPC, charms for example - probably it's not reduce profit hard (because cs's will inject gold, sell for coins and buy charms from NPC). May be some future content like bases help too.

About megasale... well, here only relax and try to feel better. End of financial year - PW wanna end with maximum profit :)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Now factor in the 420 billion coins to buy the packs to "make" 240 billion coins NOTHING IS INJECTED INTO THE ECONOMY.

coin sink pwi method is coin sink.

Oh god you're an idiot.

-Michael_Dark
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Some ppl dont get the point

coins used to buy packs/gold go to other players, yes
    coins used to buy reward items (Vit stones, Scrolls, Charms) go to other players
    it is just coins already in game shifting around players

BUT.. coins from combining 2x Best Luck tokens are created out of thin air, they just appear in player inventory from packs injected outside of the game

what will happen if a country prints money without consideration to anything ?
    Inflation, and at current rate going in all servers, it is alarming. Compare to 180Mil injected in an hour, TW pay is nothing.

If u still believe nerfing TW pay will help inflation in servers, i feel sorry for u b:bye
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wut dur is n0 inflation in dis game
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    And who cares about more coins in the system? It's not like things are getting more expensive. This is not a real economy. Everything has gotten cheaper even with more coins. So everyone having more coins AND things get cheaper = win? Before you cry about "BUT GOLD GOT MORE EXPENSIVE!", that has nothing to do with "inflation" but is due to the company doing sale that set the value of gold. i.e. if you change in the boutique how much one gold can buy, you change gold's value and therefore its price related to coins.

u mad dd? those coins go to pockets of few rich ppl while others dont get them. how the hell 70lvl grinding dq items toon can have access to them?

prob with inflation is that you -rich person- will be willing to pay more for everything and drive up prices, while 70lvl dq-farming guy will get screwed (this also drives gold price up).

what will drive prices down is not more coins but item flood, and thats only possitive effect of pack sales
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited November 2010
    u mad dd? those coins go to pockets of few rich ppl while others dont get them. how the hell 70lvl grinding dq items toon can have access to them?

Most of the people who buy and sell things aren't 'rich'. They're average players. If you actually PLAY the game and pay a little attention, you tend to become familiar with the scammers, the hardcore merchants and which cat shops are there 24/7 and which are actual players. It's not hard to figure out really.

prob with inflation is that you -rich person- will be willing to pay more for everything and drive up prices, while 70lvl dq-farming guy will get screwed (this also drives gold price up).

Even if all cash shop items were bound to the player who purchased them, gold would still go crazy high.

As for pack items as they are... they're still far cheaper in a greed driven market than they would cost to actually farm, chip or manufacture. Try pricing out a Citrine Gem, Event Cape, Event Weapon/Ornament, Cube Neck, etc... The only item that really comes close to actual crafting value is Script of Fate and Scroll of Tome. Everything else would be considered undrepriced.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010

what will drive prices down is not more coins but item flood, and thats only possitive effect of pack sales

Gold aside (as I already pointed out the reason behind it in my post), name one thing that's gotten more expensive over the years. Molds? Mats? Gems?
    edited November 2010
    Most of the people who buy and sell things aren't 'rich'. They're average players. If you actually PLAY the game and pay a little attention, you tend to become familiar with the scammers, the hardcore merchants and which cat shops are there 24/7 and which are actual players. It's not hard to figure out really.
    im not talking about non-factor buy/sell ppl but hardcore merchants and farmers who have funds to buy gold for 800k and dont care too much about it

in pwi there is group of way too rich players and big group of poor people.

rich players will buy all cheap gold and continue to buy it even for 1m because they can.

rich players will buy all cheap items and any smart seller will rise item price up because rich players will buy it anyway (to some point ofc) [btw this dont happen in pwi too much since almost every item is pack related]

now, coins from tobl and tokens will go to rich ppl pockets mostly, so they will be able to spend even more, and poor players will become even more 'poor'

this is real inflation problem in pwi. not only there is more coins produced but those coins go to pockets of rich ppl mostly

As for pack items as they are... they're still far cheaper in a greed driven market than they would cost to actually farm, chip or manufacture. Try pricing out a Citrine Gem, Event Cape, Event Weapon/Ornament, Cube Neck, etc... The only item that really comes close to actual crafting value is Script of Fate and Scroll of Tome. Everything else would be considered undrepriced.
    yes, like i said: thats only one possitve side effect of pack flood.

Gold aside (as I already pointed out the reason behind it in my post), name one thing that's gotten more expensive over the years. Molds? Mats? Gems?
    i wrote about this over 9000 times already: doesnt matter if molds and gems (which were used to be good 1.5 year ago) went down in price since you need better stuff to be competitive now.
    or are you really trying to convince me that you can succesfuly pvp in HL in mold and flawless sharded gear?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If it makes you feel better I just NPCd like 11000 tokens so you can add 110m to that figure b:cute

yap, my average is 8-12k tokens -> coins / day

its something OP should take into account when calculating coin injection..
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Dragon orbs, pigments, guardian scrolls, tp stones, aerogear, mounts, charms, fashion, nix/hercs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Refining

(I mean proper endgame refining, not +3'ing your TT60 with mirages).
    Packs World International
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    i wrote about this over 9000 times already: doesnt matter if molds and gems (which were used to be good 1.5 year ago) went down in price since you need better stuff to be competitive now.
    or are you really trying to convince me that you can succesfuly pvp in HL in mold and flawless sharded gear?

90% of my BM's shards are currently G7 and I can hold my own. Had no problem taking down 2 average 100+ mages or 100+ Cleric with 100+ BM (lunar claws +10, vit stones) today. I do have 2 pieces of Nirvana armor bought with coins made from merchant.
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Dragon orbs, pigments, guardian scrolls, tp stones, aerogear, mounts, charms, fashion, nix/hercs.

And those are directly made from gold. Yes things you buy with gold has gotten more expensive, but as I've said, it has nothing to with the amount of coins in the system. When chest of coins were introduced into the game, gold priced jumped to 200k. That wasn't because there were suddently so much coins in the economy that people decided, overnight, that they were going to start paying 200k per gold. Gold price was artificially raised to 200k by changing what each gold can buy. That's the case over and over again with all the spike in gold prices. Things have not gotten more expensive because there are more coins in the system. Items that actually come from game such as molds or mats have gotten dirt cheap.
    edited November 2010
    90% of my BM's shards are currently G7 and I can hold my own. Had no problem taking down 2 average 100+ mages or 100+ Cleric with 100+ BM (lunar claws +10, vit stones) today. I do have 2 pieces of Nirvana armor bought with coins made from merchant.

and ofc you have refine +3 and mold/green rest of gear

• WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    yap, my average is 8-12k tokens -> coins / day

its something OP should take into account when calculating coin injection..

I didnt add them for the the fact that a LOT of stuff coming from tokens is npc'd pretty much. IE Wine. Wine doesnt add MORE coins keeps it the same. pages for 79 skills actually reduce it by 1.1 mil. other stuff like that.
    edited November 2010
    im not talking about non-factor buy/sell ppl but hardcore merchants and farmers who have funds to buy gold for 800k and dont care too much about it

Hardcore merchants are patient. They won't buy high just out of spite unless they can make decent profits... Honestly I'm pretty sure most of the people driving up the prices really high aren't the ones who are hardcore, but more casual seeing an opportunity to get cheaper refines and are going for it.

As to why the gold prices are so high, a lot of people are saying packs, but the rediculousness of the Orb sale is contributing greatly. I know I've spent over 150m just buying orbs to actually use.
    edited November 2010
    Hardcore merchants are patient. They won't buy high just out of spite unless they can make decent profits... Honestly I'm pretty sure most of the people driving up the prices really high aren't the ones who are hardcore, but more casual seeing an opportunity to get cheaper refines and are going for it.

As to why the gold prices are so high, a lot of people are saying packs, but the rediculousness of the Orb sale is contributing greatly. I know I've spent over 150m just buying orbs to actually use.

you are right about orbs but not about merchants, those will look for profit anywhere: short term but small and long term and high - both are good, when you have too much money to invest just in one.

but yeah, that would be a lie to say that only merchants (or rich ppl generally) set higher gold prices. casual gold buyers and their 'd.orb and pack rush' for sure too

• Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    but yeah, that would be a lie to say that only merchants (or rich ppl generally) set higher gold prices. casual gold buyers and their 'd.orb pr pack rush' for sure too
    Also other side why gold going up. Lot of injected gold going directly for packs / sale items, so less people wanna sell gold on AH.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    gold price on sanct 755k bottom window, 860k top window.

/derail successful
    /discuss
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    gold price on sanct 755k bottom window, 860k top window.

/derail successful
    /discuss

Was 1mil for a few hours after the sales came out.
  • StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lol its always like that the first day of a pack sale, now i see like 1 every 10min some times longer, even longer if its offpeak times "sleeping time for USA"
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited November 2010

As a merchant, let me inform you that the pack sale is much more insane than the 1* orb sale. As for the 10* orb sale, that is still a worthwhile investment because you can probably sell it with a nice markup in the future, but as far as 1* orbs go, I'd only buy them if I wanted to use them. I guess my point is, yes, the packs are still the main factors making the price of gold go up, with the 10* orbs being significant, and 1* orbs being the least effective to that end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • uptimus
    uptimus Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Just wanted to say something. Unless those items from packs are NPC'd, no coin is injected into the economy. Coins are just changing hands with every transaction.