What happen to my pwi:(

Options
Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
Aalpeculea - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
I donot know what happen to my pwi, it isn't lag. when I just open pwi it works fine for 3-5mins, after that everything in pwi slow down, hard to move around. I redownload pwi over and over, but it doens't help. ( sorry, my english isn't very good, hope you can understand me ) Thank you for your answer.

Windows Vista
memory (RAM): 8GB
system type: 64-bit operating system
processor: amd phenom(tm)9750 quad-core processor 2.40 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9100
Chip Type: GeFore9100
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Adapter String: GeForce 9100
Bios Information: Verson 62.77.2f.0.6
Total Available Graphics Memory: 3838 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
System Video Memory: 0MB
Shared System Memory: 3582 MB

Monitor Type: HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor

i can do everything but pwi, like watch movie online, msn..........

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I tried Game Booster, Advanced SystemCare not working.
Post edited by Aalpeculea - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What kind of internet connection are you using? A lot of times, that's the limiting factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What kind of internet connection are you using? A lot of times, that's the limiting factor.

I use wireless, access: local and internet.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Try playing once with the computer plugged into the router/wall. If the game improves, it's more than likely the bandwidth of your wireless. If it doesn't help, then try clearing out your cookies and temporary internet files. If this doesn't help, then you may have a low bandwidth on your internet in general. This can only be changed by talking to your ISP (Internet Service Provider), whatever that might be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Lainnie - Raging Tide
    Lainnie - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hes talking about slowdown in the game not internet lag if you read carefully, whats the graphic's card you have since you didn't post that.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hes talking about slowdown in the game not internet lag if you read carefully, whats the graphic's card you have since you didn't post that.

He is talking about lag which has everything to do with his internet not his vid card.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Try playing once with the computer plugged into the router/wall. If the game improves, it's more than likely the bandwidth of your wireless. If it doesn't help, then try clearing out your cookies and temporary internet files. If this doesn't help, then you may have a low bandwidth on your internet in general. This can only be changed by talking to your ISP (Internet Service Provider), whatever that might be.

I can do everything but PWI.

Help me please!!!!!!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can do everything but PWI.

Help me please!!!!!!

If this is the case, please post your video card information. It could be that your card doesn't properly support PWI's graphics, thus causing the slowdown. Also, try playing the game in Best Performance, and keep out of West Archosaur unless absolutely necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If this is the case, please post your video card information. It could be that your card doesn't properly support PWI's graphics, thus causing the slowdown. Also, try playing the game in Best Performance, and keep out of West Archosaur unless absolutely necessary.

I tried play on best performance, but it doesn't work.

NVIDIA GeForce 9100
    Chip Type: GeFore9100
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Adapter String: GeForce 9100
    Bios Information: Verson 62.77.2f.0.6
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 3838 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
    System Video Memory: 0MB
    Shared System Memory: 3582 MB

Monitor Type: HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor
  • slapuperv
    slapuperv Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    WOW ur PC should eat games like PW <.<
    idk is this will help u but try to full scan system with http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    slapuperv wrote: »
    WOW ur PC should eat games like PW <.<
    idk is this will help u but try to full scan system with http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

not work :(

I redownload PWI again and again.... not work.

I recovery my computer not work.

I did everything I know lol still not work.

Help me please..........
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Have you tried running it on a single core rather than the full quad core? I remember reading from a GM (I think...) somewhere that dual and quad core processors can have an issue running the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• slapuperv
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont blv that problem is in multi CPU,i plying PWI on athlon II x2 and phenom II x4 (Black Edition)
    Did u tried to update drivers for your graphic card?
    If not u can try it http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

You didnt ment is this happening only while u play PW but anyway check temp of CPU\GPU with this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8D42RML

When u download it just unpack with winrar,than run game in window mode and run everest,when u run everest click on computer than on sensor and minimize it and watch temperatures.
    If they are 75+ on CPU and 95+ on GPU u should open ur PC case and clean up fan`s and passive heat sink`s from dust
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Have you tried running it on a single core rather than the full quad core? I remember reading from a GM (I think...) somewhere that dual and quad core processors can have an issue running the game.

One only.....

Help me please!!!!!
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont blv that problem is in multi CPU,i plying PWI on athlon II x2 and phenom II x4 (Black Edition)

You didnt ment is this happening only while u play PW but anyway check temp of CPU\GPU with this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8D42RML

When u download it just unpack with winrar,than run game in window mode and run everest,when u run everest click on computer than on sensor and minimize it and watch temperatures.
    If they are 75+ on CPU and 95+ on GPU u should open ur PC case and clean up fan`s and passive heat sink`s from dust

The 2nd URL not working.

Help me please!!!!!
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

tried not work.....

Help me please!!!!!!!!
  • slapuperv
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options

not work again b:cry

Help me please........... GM
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is your computer rebooting suddenly ? Is PWI sometimes freezing and you can't do anything ?
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is your computer rebooting suddenly ? Is PWI sometimes freezing and you can't do anything ?

it only works fine for like 3-5mins, after that it slows down ( kind like freezing / lag but not ), I can still move around, but very hard too move, and very slow

Help me please..... GM
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So no one can help me?????b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Aalpeculea - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

Thank you very much b:victory
  • Syenna - Dreamweaver
    Syenna - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    :o I've been having this issue too since Tuesday 11/16/2010 and I submitted a ticket but no reply yet >:(
  • dannyj147
    dannyj147 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have the same problem too and im using Geforce 295 GTX.
    It must be a Nvidia Driver/Card problem as I used an ATI 4870 HD before and had no problems running it with terrain settings on high.
  • garthvader
    garthvader Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Read my post here. I have the same problem.... ADMIN is case you are reading it has to do with the terrain setting being on max.

Read my post #36

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12685651#post12685651